Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Joe Biden

(@tgraf66)
Illustrious Member Registered

This is honestly the first time in four years that I haven't had a knot in the pit of my stomach about the future.  I still have many (personal) things to worry about and we have a long way to go, but just knowing this has made my day brighter and given me a reason to smile.

PamP, BlueBelle, Vesta and 11 people reacted
(@coyote)

I honestly think that all of the media chatter about some of the alternative running mates - Bass, Rice, Duckworth - was just that, media chatter. I think the Biden camp nixed those choices a while ago, but the media needed something to generate headlines before the final announcement. 

PamP, Michele, PamP and 1 people reacted
(@michele-b)

@coyote

I totally totally agree! One and done and hopefully won and done again in November barring another 2016!

PamP and PamP reacted
(@michele-b)

@tgraf66

Oh yes indeed! May you and everyone here, there, and everywhere allow our hearts to ease with each and every ray of sunshine and hope as we all walk this path we are on now together.

Each time we have something to smile about, someone to think about that we love, and enough of all we need to get through each day we can still have moments of peace and great joy even on the most challenging of days!

Blessings and great caring to you new friend!

PamP, Stargazer, Unk p and 3 people reacted
(@moonbeam)

@ Coyote. I do believe that he did think about a few other options.

I had a vision a couple of weeks ago and I heard Kamala's name and that of Val Demmings. At the time I thought it meant she would not be chosen. That said, I think they have checked out all options in a strategic manner (Allyn also posted some great insight on that). Maybe Biden went with his gut, but his team wouldn't have done that.

Chances are that he will try to heal by looking at presidential candidates and run the country with them by giving them posts in his government if possible. That's what I feel very strongly about.

Hope Kamala will go after Pence right on the bat in that upcoming debate;-)

PamP, Stargazer, Enkasongwriter and 7 people reacted
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Trump about Harris-  "She was nastier than Pocahontas to Joe Biden". 

Took me a moment to realize he was speaking of Warren, not Pocahontas.  I am going to need to go back and count how many times he referred to Harris as Nasty and Mean in his press conference  just now. 

Long live the Nasty Girls!

PamP, Stargazer, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Here are all the posts from 7:30 pm PT 8/11/20 to 2:30 pm PT 8/13/20 from most recent going back. Don't know who wrote them, but you know who you are. :-). Maybe people can try to guess based on personality eminence.

RE: Joe Biden

@melmystery love it!  

did anyone read about Fox News Jennine saying something was going to “happen” to Joe and he wouldn’t make it to the election.  

POLITICS 08/13/2020 12:45AM EDT

Fox News' Jeanine Pirro Tries To Walk Back Ominous Prediction About Joe Biden

Fox News host warns "something's going to happen before the election, and he’s not even going to be on the ticket." This is Tom Huff post this morning.

@lovendures I've been envisioning some kind of music video of Janet Jackson's song "Nasty" with Kamala Harris sticking it to the "nasty boys" like Trump and his Republican henchmen. The music video can highlight the nasty things they've said and done.

Hey!
Who's that thinkin' nasty thoughts? (Nasty boys!)
Who's that in that nasty car? (Nasty boys!)
Who's that eating that nasty food? (Nasty boys!)
Who's jamming to my nasty groove? (Nasty boys!) Ladies!
Nasty boys
Don't mean a thing
Oh, you nasty boys

Welcome Luminous... like many other's here... I lurked for two years..before stepping up and stepping out... to be... who I am and use my Voice to add to the Collective illustrated so lovingly here. So very glad to add your Voice to ours.

Biden is taking it to Trump right now. All I can say as I’m watching him is, “Amen, brother. Preach!”

It becomes clear why he waited to announce yesterday, and have an event together today. Today is the 3rd anniversary of Charlottesville, and Biden says that day was a call to action for him.

@luminous, welcome! Sorry to read about your journey to get here. Blows my mind, tbh. Right-wing 'me, me, me' + 'anti-everything that is not the same' ideas are not spiritual (or religious) at all!

Hope you'll find some peace of mind here 

I intuit he's trying to take attention from the constant Biden/Harris press coverage and peddle more of the "make America white again" trash that he sees as being effective.

I just don't think that song is playing like it used to...

New reply has been posted on your subscribed topic - Joe Biden.

And Twitler posted yet another unhinged tweet today about how Biden/Harris will put Cory Booker in charge of moving a black person next door to every white person in Utopian Suburbia. And he spelled Booker's name wrong.

Crustaceans on a cracker, how can any person in their right mind not see what a blatant flaming racist a-hole he is? 

This nasty rural white housewife is proudly voting Biden/Harris!

FYI, Joe and Kamala are supposed to be getting together shortly in Wilmington DE to formally announce their partnership. I think it's supposed to be at approximately 4 pm.* that I was able to pay my utilities today (online no less!!)

@luminous

Welcome! So glad you decided to join. I lurked for a time before joining as well. It is a great community with a fantastic leader in Jeanne.

Hoping for a blue wave in November, too!

@lovendures I can totally see this, haha!! I love Election season SNL, can't wait to see all the fun they can come up with!

@jeanne-mayell

I can see Maya Rudolph who portrays Kamala Harris doing a Nasty Girl sketch with Kate McKinnon (Elizabeth Warren). 

I love what Elaine wrote. So thoughtful and very deep. It feels right to me too.

@luminous, welcome to the community! I lurked and read for about a year before I joined. Then it took me another year before I posted. Now you can't shut me up.  

I love your alias too. 

@luminous

Welcome, we are happy to have you join us. Lurking and reading is totally relatable. ( I did for some time before I joined.) Eventually I wanted to add to the conversation and share thoughts and well, be heard. I have learned so much from everyone here and we truly are a supportive community. 

Kamala Harris's Approval Rating Sources After Trump Reminds Nation How Nasty She was to Kavanaugh - Borowitz Report

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell 

Welcome @luminous. Love your alias. 

Thank you Jeanne. 

RE: The Great Unraveling and the Great Turning - Rebuilding a Progressive America in the Future

@melmystery I have a deep love of trees as well and it breaks my heart whenever one is sick or dying. Thank you for bringing trees to the forefront of our awareness in your discussions. We must love and respect them; without them, we cannot exist on this planet.

Welcome @luminous. Love your alias.

Hi all, 

Just joined this forum today. I've been reading for a few years.

I decided to join today because of Kamala Harris becoming VP. I so want to see a brighter better future for the world, and I live in hope of a democrat win in November.

I have felt quite alone in my views of this, as many other people who I met online who are into spirituality are very strong republican supporters and supporters of right-wing nationalism.

Even from where I am from in the UK, this also feels the case with Right-wing nationalism being quite a popular political view. 

It's really hard to find a spiritual community that doesnt have strong right-wing nationalism views, so i have joined here to be with more likeminded individuals such as yourselves.

I'm really rooting for a blue win this November for the sake of the whole world.

@lovendures

Yes! I think they were sitting next to each other in the clip I watched. It was like, "Can you believe this lying piece of owl dung?" I was hoping Harris would call him a liar to his face.

HABEMUS VEEPUM !!

Huzzah for Harris!

RE: The Covid-19 Pandemic

I know some on here are still skeptical about the origins of COVID-19. Scientists have looked into it, and the origins remain zoonotic - meaning it crossed over from animals into humans. It was not created in a lab nor did it "escape" from a lab.

I'll just leave this here:
Scientists Debunk Common Theory

@jeanne-mayell that is actually quite beautiful and quite possibly what he will be remembered for.

@lovendures

Yes! I know I did (take a deep breath of relief.) Things do feel a bit lighter and that is a very welcome feeling.

@polarberry

I also loved watching Booker's expressions during different hearing while Harris would speak. Sometimes they were like " OMG! I can't believe she just did that!" (in a good way).

I was very happy! The look of contempt she gave Barr at the hearing when she asked him if the WH or the P-resident had ever asked him or suggested to him to open an investigation into anyone, and he hemmed and hawed and skirted and said he was struggling with the word "suggested", so she started supplying alternative words, then demanded a yes or no answer.  She is a force to be reckoned with!

@dannyboy love it! I also happily scrapped whatever i had planned to put up for Day 84 when the news broke today. And please continue posting your countdowns- the more the merrier! I would like to see lots of people helping to mark the days until Kamala is our VPOTUS 

@dannyboy You know how Teddy Roosevelt said, "Speak softly and carry a big stick"? Mr. Biden is the "speak softly" part, and Ms. Harris is the "big stick" part. They will complement each other well

Is it just me or does did the world seem to have take a deep breath and exhale together after Harris was announced.

Things are lighter today.

Maya Rudolph has been nominated for an Emmy for her SNL portrayal of Harris.

I can't wait to see how they figure out how to give her screen time this year with Covid and everything. It will be Epic.

PamP, FEBbby23, Stargazer and 3 people reacted
(@unk-p)

The name Kamala, means "lotus'' or the color "pink".  It is also another name for the goddess Lakshmi. “In Hinduism, Lakshmi (/ˈlʌkʃmi/; Sanskrit: लक्ष्मी, IAST: Lakṣhmī; or Lakṣmī) is the Goddess who leads to one's goal, or lakshya (hence her name), and was first mentioned in the Śrī Sūkta of the Rigveda.

The lotus, a flower that blooms in clean or dirty water, also symbolises purity regardless of the good or bad circumstances in which it grows. It is a reminder that good and prosperity can bloom and not be affected by evil in one's surrounding.

Kamala's middle name is Devi, the  Sanskrit (देवी) word for "goddess"; Devi – the feminine form, and Deva – the masculine form, mean "heavenly, divine, anything of excellence", Devi is considered to encompass womanhood completely, and is a nurturing force and the protector of villages (via Smithsonian).

Her last name, Harris, is generally considered to mean "son of Harry." The given name Harry is a derivation of Henry, meaning "home-ruler."

A culture that worships goddesses produces strong women,”   Her mother, Shyamala Gopalan told the Los Angeles Times in 2004.

painting

82 days

PamP, Jeanne Mayell, Enkasongwriter and 25 people reacted
(@moonbeam)

@ Be aware that lurking 'powers' are out full force to discredit Kamala. From lies about her background to even what her name means in other languages (I've seen people throwing around the Finnish word for 'horrible'). They are going to drag her through the mud with the most flimsiness of details.

Protect with positivity! ❤️ 

Grace, PamP, Lilinoe and 19 people reacted
(@febbby23)

@moonbeam I agree you can see what’s happening already.  In my heart I also feel she’s strong enough to fight back with grace.   The fear in my heart isn’t as big as it was.  No matter I will still ask for protection, peace and success for both her and Joe.    It almost makes the attacks look so weak.   We’ve heard it all before. 

PamP, Stargazer, Lilinoe and 11 people reacted
(@unk-p)

There has only been one other time that i was more excited about the Vice- Presidential candidate than i was about the Presidential one.  It was the 1st time that i was old enough to vote, and it was Geraldine Ferraro, who was on the ticket with Walter Mondale.  That was 36 friggin years ago!  We can't wait until the year  2056 for another woman as VP!  Hell, i can barely wait

81 days

PamP, Jeanne Mayell, DolphinSpirit and 19 people reacted
(@dannyboy)

We lost my Kamala and Joe image in the crash, so here it is slightly revised for the 80 Day Mark!  I'm not a huge L&O Fan as a rule, but I'm really excited for this new show...

PamP, Jeanne Mayell, Enkasongwriter and 25 people reacted
(@unk-p)

78.5 days

PamP, polarberry, Avon and 7 people reacted
(@lovendures)

@dannyboy

I love the photo.  Each time I see it I think of the Law and Order DUN DUN sound.

PamP, Jeanne Mayell, Avon and 7 people reacted
(@moonbeam)

@lovendures lol. That's an awesome jingle for them! ? 

PamP, TriciaCT, FEBbby23 and 3 people reacted
(@jsr78)
Famed Member Registered

I thought this was just funny. 

https://twitter.com/Infantry0300/status/1294990168013889536?s=20

PamP, Vesta, polarberry and 15 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@jsr78 omg, that was so funny.  

PamP, polarberry, TriciaCT and 9 people reacted
(@lovendures)

@jsr78

Thank you for that! :D

PamP, Jeanne Mayell, TriciaCT and 5 people reacted
(@polarberry)

I have never been a Sanders supporter, but credit and thanks where they are due. He was wonderful last night, especially the part about urging his supporters to vote for Biden. I also think Biden and his administration plan to work with him, especially on issues like health care and climate change. This is good. He has some good ideas. He gets that this election isn't about policy like it should be-it's about getting the fascist traitor and his minions gone. 

If Sanders had been the nominee, I would have voted for him. Trump must go. We barely have a country now. Can you imagine four more years of this nightmare? That senior administration, Miles Taylor, who just endorsed Biden yesterday, had some scary stuff to say, especially when he said that T. officials are saying that if they steal this election, they will do whatever they please. Authoritarianism completely unmasked. 

I wasn't sure Twitler would have the nerve to attack Michelle Obama, but once again, he lowered himself to the occasion. She was wonderful, too. I almost cried. Remember the days of class and dignity and intelligence in the WH?

PamP, 2ndfdl, jsr78 and 13 people reacted
(@polarberry)

@jsr78

I don't know who came up with that, but it was genius.

PamP, jsr78, Share and 3 people reacted
Page 14 / 31
Share: