[Sticky] Introduction to Tarot Section of the Forum  

RSS

(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
09/06/2018 6:29 pm  

This section of the forum is devoted to the amazing Tarot. Here you have a place to ask questions, post  your favorite decks and spreads, and discuss your concerns, hopes, and experiences in reading the cards. You can also open up topics for answering questions using the cards and invite people to join in. 

I have published a few articles on the Tarot which you can  peruse here.  They are also listed in the Menu at the top of each page of this website under Articles/Tarot. The most popular article is 43 Short Spreads for Reading Any Situation. It's had over 5 million views since I posted it. 

I also teach amazing Tarot classes. I can teach anyone to quickly read the cards.  So sign up for the next series coming in late fall 2018.

If you have ideas for a topic, and want to suggest one for me to start, please list it here. I love getting questions from people.  You can also feel free to start your own tarot topic here. 

Michele liked
ReplyQuote
 Blue
(@blue)
Registered
09/07/2018 1:36 am  

Hi Jeanne, thanks for making this section, sounds great. Would it be possible to have a section where we could post spreads from readings and predictions about topics covered in the forums?  Or might that get too complex, and it be preferable to keep all predictions together regardless of how they were obtained?

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
09/07/2018 8:43 am  

Blue, I had the same thoughts about starting threads on world topics and using cards to answer them. We can try it here to encourage people to throw cards, like in the RV section, which encourages people to use inner visioning.  If it ends out duplicating other threads, then I can just move the threads. 

ReplyQuote
(@marley)
Registered
09/07/2018 9:35 am  

I've been studying Tarot for only a year now, and find myself stumbling when confronted by reversed cards. Joan Bunning's book suggests that when a card is reversed it means blocked energy of the card, or energy that is expressed internally as opposed to out in the open. As such, she suggests putting the world "self" in front of your interpretation. Other sources seem to say a reversed card represents the opposite of the energy expressed in an upright card. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to work out a satisfactory interpretation for myself and was curious about how others see reversed cards. I also have questions about court cards, but I'll save that for another time 🙂 Thanks in advance. (Should I have put this question elsewhere?)

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
09/07/2018 10:19 am  

Marley, great question to raise. I have opened it in a new thread   https://www.jeannemayell.com/community/reading-the-amazing-tarot/reading-reversed-upside-down-cards/#post-7003.  

ReplyQuote
 Blue
(@blue)
Registered
09/08/2018 3:20 am  
Posted by: Jeanne Mayell

Blue, I had the same thoughts about starting threads on world topics and using cards to answer them. We can try it here to encourage people to throw cards, like in the RV section, which encourages people to use inner visioning.  If it ends out duplicating other threads, then I can just move the threads. 

Thanks very much Jeanne. I've posted a reading, hopefully in the right place:)

ReplyQuote
(@nancy)
Registered
10/20/2018 6:42 pm  

Hi, I've been an a intense feeler my whole life and after 67 years I have finally found out that I'm an empath.  what a joy to now know.  I have spent so many years upset and feeling out of sorts because of my feels.  Didn't have anyone to explain or guide me so I lost friends spent so much time alone and so on.  I didn't mean to go in this direction I was just wanting to say that I joined a bit ago but just sort of lurked around in the background.  I have just bought my first set of tarot cards and would like to sit in on one of your sessions.  Please let me know when.  Thx

Nancy

BlueBelle, Marley, Unk p and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
09/11/2019 3:02 pm  

Here is a fun and insightful spread called The Blind Side. It helps you see things about your Self that you may not see. It is from the article 41 Short Spreads for Reading Any Situation that is one of the most highly viewed articles on my website. Before you throw it, center yourself and ask for higher guidance and be sure to be in the state of mind that connects to angels. If you are in a bad state and way in your head and feeling negative, you might draw some scary cards but they are not the truth about you, they are how you are feeling. So pretend you are asking your angel these questions: 

SPREADS ABOUT YOUR PURPOSE, LESSONS, SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT

1. BLIND SIDE SPREAD (*A favorite)
  1. This is your outside appearance; what you know and others can see.
  2. This is the unknown; what you’re not aware of, no one can see, but what is ruling.
  3. This is the hidden; what you know but won’t show others.
  4. This is the blind spot; what you can’t see but what others see in you.

Dina, Marley, Lovendures and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@grayson)
10/03/2019 12:52 pm  

Whenever I read my tarot cards I try to base my predictions on what I see in the images themselves. Kind of like how ink blot tests work. Is that ok to do?

For example when viewing 'The World' card I look at the symbols Lion, Bull, Man, and Eagle and while I'm not an expert on what the Tetramorph means, I see the eagle as a representation of the American bald eagle. The Lion makes me think of England (like the British Empire), and the Bull makes me think of Ancient Greece.

I also see the naked woman in the center of the card as an embodiment of Gaia, the Earth Mother who birthed all life. The green scaley snake-like circle around her makes me think of the Ouroboros which is a symbol of the eternal cycle of renewel.

That's just one example. Thoughts?

deetoo and Laura F. liked
ReplyQuote
Share: