Notifications
Clear all

Forum glitches—let us know when something is not working  

Page 7 / 7
  RSS

(@deetoo)
Noble Member
07/17/2020 5:41 pm  

@jeanne-mayell, I can imagine what a pain in the patoot this can be!  Thanks for all that you do for us.  

ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Noble Member
07/24/2020 1:50 am  

Trying to post a reply, get message "2200 character limit per post".

Someone better let Allyn know 🙃 

Unk p and Laynara liked
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Famed Member
07/24/2020 2:11 pm  
Posted by: @laura-f

Trying to post a reply, get message "2200 character limit per post".

Someone better let Allyn know 🙃 

Ha, ha.  Yes, there is now a limit. Trying it out and hoping it will help us be more succinct. 2200 isn't short. Your points are all important and succinct so you and others can always post a part II if necessary. 

Unk p, Frank, Laura F. and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Noble Member
07/24/2020 3:53 pm  

@jeanne-mayell

I, on the other hand am not always that succinct especially when reiterating others posts along with my thoughts or links.

The word limit caught me twice yesterday!

I just laughed and hit the back button/ delete towards unnecessary parts!

Editing our wordiness is always a good exercise as it helps my catch typos as well!

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, FEBbby23 and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)
Estimable Member
07/24/2020 6:22 pm  

@jeanne-mayell Nah, I'll just do "Part 1" and "Part 2" posts. 😉

ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)
Reputable Member
07/24/2020 9:00 pm  

I was trying to post in Coyote's hurricane thread the other day, and it got eaten, with some kind of message about Go Daddy and ''cross-posting", even though it was all original material.  Well, there was one thing i copied and pasted- the list of designated hurricane names for the 2020 season. The post i was trying to send was fairly long, and i was already too tired to write it all over. I don't know why that happened, but i guess the thing to do is to try to remember to copy the post somewhere, before hitting "add reply".

Michele liked
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Famed Member
07/26/2020 1:57 am  

@unk-p. I don't know why it got eaten but it wouldn't have anything to do with non original material. We are not that sophisticated that we'd be able to knock out non original material automatically.  Sounds like you hit the firewall for unknown reasons.  I can fix that for you.

Michele and Unk p liked
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Noble Member
07/26/2020 9:54 am  

@unk-p

I received the Go Daddy Firewall Warning 5 times yesterday on relatively short posts. 

I just edited one slightly  and it accepted it but the other times--2 were eaten as you said (i saw pac man instantly in that image 🤣) and twice it magically accepted it after a few more tries.

No rhyme or reason. I asked it (Go Daddy) "why don't you like me today? "

No answer back. Sigh.

🤷🏻‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Unk p liked
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Famed Member
07/26/2020 4:08 pm  

That GoDaddy message is from the GoDaddy firewall which can be too overactive in ways that we don't understand. I will reach out to them.  I can also fix that on an individual basis so you and UnkP shouldn't have a problem again. 

Unk p liked
ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 7
Share: