Notifications
Clear all

Forum glitches—let us know when something is not working  

Page 5 / 6
  RSS

(@lovendures)
Noble Member Registered
03/31/2020 5:31 pm  

It has been running slow for me all day.  Sometimes I can not connect at all or I can connect to the main page only.  I am not having trouble on other sites so it isn't an issue with my connection.

PamP liked
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Famed Member Admin
03/31/2020 10:21 pm  

HI EVERYONE, The reason the site is so slow are: (1) OUR TRAFFIC HAS Nearly TRIPLED IN THE PAST Few weeks as people are home and wanting to see our many predictions and to read the forum. We have had many new members too.  (2) Internet traffic in general is spiking due to COVID and my web host says that large sites like mine are slowing down. There are much larger sites having no problem but that is likely because they are highly expensive sites which pay tens of thousands of dollars to run. We are lower budget. 

(3) I will be looking into a way to take the site to a better web hosting arrangement to accommodate our higher traffic.

This may mean higher costs. Right now only about ten people donate monthly.  I don't want to take out ads or charge fees, but something may have to give. 

(4) I have deleted a lot of old files including all of the 5,500 posts I had saved before we started the forum.  I had wanted to save that stuff for possible research some day on predictions. But wasn't meant to be. 

Have also deleted most of the images and will have to suspend people's ability to post images. 

I am still working on the problem and I hope I can get it going faster soon.

Love you all.

Jeanne

PamP, Coyote, deetoo and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Noble Member Registered
04/01/2020 12:10 am  

Thanks for letting us know Jeanne.  Knowing there is a reason for the slower speed helps.  Sometimes it isn't slow at all.  

I hate the fact that you are losing those old posts. 

Thank you for the reminder about contributing to help with forum costs.  

ReplyQuote
 PamP
(@pamp)
Trusted Member Registered
04/01/2020 11:20 am  

Good morning! 

I've been having problems with being logged off while trying to respond to comments in the forum. Fortunately, not this section! I'm guessing it's just a glitch in the Matrix. 😀 

deetoo liked
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Noble Member Registered
04/01/2020 11:38 am  

@pamp, I noticed something this morning that might be happening to you and others.  Although I am logged on, if I want to view current posts of another topic or do any posting there, I need to press the "login" tab.  Then the site recognizes that I'm logged on (i.e., "howdy deetoo" comes up) and I can see everything and post.

I hope that made sense.  🙃 

PamP, Coyote, Baba and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@laynara)
Estimable Member Registered
04/01/2020 11:52 am  

@deetoo The same thing keeps happening to me. Whenever i try to view a comment or post it logs me off....

PamP and deetoo liked
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Noble Member Registered
04/01/2020 1:10 pm  

@Deetoo, That is the same glitch I am dealing with.  I must continue to hit the login button, though not actually enter my login info, just press the button. I started having the problem last night.

PamP, Coyote and deetoo liked
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Famed Member Admin
04/01/2020 1:32 pm  

I had to update the site and other aspects of the software last night. I threw out a ton of old stuff. I deleted accounts of people who have been inactive for years.  I noticed the same glitch.  It's going to take time to work through it all. I have developers combing through. 

PamP, FEBbby23 and deetoo liked
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Noble Member Registered
04/01/2020 1:48 pm  

@jeanne-mayell, thank you for all that you do managing this amazing website.  It's grown a lot and that's a tribute to your love, commitment, talent and stewardship.  We understand it can be time-consuming and can be costly.  Please let us know what we can do to help you.   

We love you.

PamP, FEBbby23, Coyote and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Famed Member Admin
04/01/2020 3:32 pm  

I think the glitch that signs you out is fixed. Please let me know.

PamP liked
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Noble Member Registered
04/01/2020 5:08 pm  

@jeanne-mayell, I'm not technically signed out -- but it is still forcing me to click on the "login" tab, although it doesn't actually require me to log in with my name, etc.  In other words, pressing the login tab reminds the site, "oh, okay, she is still logged in."  I don't really care, since I can still access the topics and post.  It's pretty strange, though.  

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Famed Member Admin
04/01/2020 5:15 pm  

Okay, I believe I've solved the login problem. It was a simple internal software conflict that I triggered while playing around in the engine room last night, and it should be fine now. If not, let me know.  

FEBbby23, Tybin, Lovendures and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Noble Member Registered
04/01/2020 6:01 pm  

Posted by @jeanne-mayell:

I believe I've solved the login problem.

By Jove!  I think she's got it!

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Noble Member Registered
04/01/2020 6:15 pm  

@jeanne-mayell

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

It was a simple internal software conflict that I triggered while playing around in the engine room last night

You pressed the button that says DO NOT PRESS didn't you!?

🤣

Jeanne Mayell, PamP, FEBbby23 and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Noble Member Registered
04/01/2020 6:42 pm  

@jeanne-mayell

Seems to be working now.

BTW - if you want to find your old archives, you can!

There is an organization in San Francisco called the Internet Archives. They are doing great work and are wonderful people - I have even been in it in person, having stumbled upon it and wandered in during a walk in San Francisco a couple of years ago. (Funny side note: It's an old Christian Science Church!)

The way to find old pages from your website is to go to their site, to something called The Way Back Machine. It's just screenshots of everything - every page of every website ever!  There may be a way to download the info into a text file or onto a freestanding storage drive (we use those here for our music and videos).

Here's the link:  Way Back Machine

And here's what it links to if you plug in your website URL:  https://jeannemayell.co m" target="true"> https://web.archive.org/web/2019*/https://jeannemayell.com

Click on a date to see what they captured.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Famed Member Admin
04/03/2020 5:58 pm  

Hi Community, If anyone is concerned about a hack or malware, instead of posting here, please send an email to me or use the contact form. Thanks.  The site is clean, but I don't want to tempt fate by posting about it. 

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Famed Member Admin
04/07/2020 8:10 pm  

Hi Community. Our firewall has become over zealous. Two of you have written to me that you've been blocked from posting and I also was blocked. Our web host has been working on the problem.  Please email me (use contact form if you don't know my email address) with screen shots if you have been blocked by the firewall.  It will help the developers figure out the problem. 

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Famed Member Admin
04/08/2020 12:41 pm  

Dear Sweet Community Please email me if you have been blocked from posting in the Forum and provide your IP address or a screen shot of the firewall message you got so I can fix the problem.   We may have have fixed the problem as of 3 pm EDT today but I will only know if it's fixed if stop hearing from you.  If it is not fixed, I can still fix it for anyone who emails me. Be sure to tell me your alias, so I know you!  Thanks!

villager and FEBbby23 liked
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Famed Member Admin
04/10/2020 11:11 pm  

I've heard from two more people who had been blocked by our firewall while trying to post.   I've fixed those and now wonder if anyone else has had problems.  One was in Hawaii and one in Australia. Has anyone else gotten blocked by the server firewall? It will say, Access denied -- Godaddy Website Firewall. It is a big help if you let me know you were blocked and preferably if you send a screenshot of the message so we can adjust the firewall to prevent others from being blocked inappropriately. Thanks. 

Laynara liked
ReplyQuote
(@jessi1978)
Reputable Member Registered
05/13/2020 9:08 pm  

@jeanne-mayell

I saw that people were saying that they get logged out. That happens to me still. I don’t know if anyone has a problem still. Also when I post it states awaiting moderation. That happened a while back and it’s happening again. 

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 6
Share: