Notifications
Clear all

Forum glitches—let us know when something is not working  

Page 3 / 5
  RSS

(@deetoo)
Registered
09/11/2019 7:58 am  

It looks like it's fixed.  Thanks, Jeanne!

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
09/11/2019 9:38 am  

Now for the subscription issue. Is that still happening -- that people feel pestered by emails with every little post being sent to them? 

ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Registered
09/11/2019 10:03 am  

Since I subscribe to particular topics, I still receive the emails each time someone posts.  It doesn't bother me. 

ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Registered
09/18/2019 1:01 pm  

@jeanne-mayell, Is anyone having problems with the "Taking it to a higher level" topic?  I just pulled it up and see that "Reply" is missing.  It just includes Like, Unlike, and Report. 

I checked some other topics, and that doesn't seem to happening.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
09/18/2019 1:33 pm  

Try again.  It is working.

ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Registered
09/18/2019 2:21 pm  

Yup -- thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Registered
09/23/2019 6:26 pm  

Has the "Taking it to a Higher Level" forum disappeared?  I keep getting a 404 error message.

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
09/23/2019 9:42 pm  

@deetoo

I posted earlier and after reading your post on the 404 opened the thread and could still read all of it.

Perhaps, Jeanne was considering removing it as it links to her previously deleted tbread but it has not yet been removed. 

Its hard being both a moderator and administrator as Jeanne is and deciding what stays,  what's removed and what older posts are closed and no longer accessible. 

We all skip around on and off topic to connecting ones within our posts.  And sooner or later its all intermingled.

I get 404s a lot for no apparent reason but try again with success. Glitches are often just that.

Hugs and best wishes! 

deetoo liked
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Registered
09/23/2019 10:13 pm  

@michele-b-here-in-the-forum, I see your post listed under the sidebar "Recent Posts" but I still can't access.  I'll hang tight.  Thanks, darlin'!

Hugs back!

Michele liked
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)
Registered
11/28/2019 2:07 am  

I updated my profile picture a couple of days ago but the old one is still being used next to my posts. The strange thing as that when I go in and look at my profile it shows the updated one. I tried logging out and back in, but it didn’t change anything. Do you have any tips on how to fix this?

ReplyQuote
(@enkasongwriter)
12/16/2019 12:38 pm  

Jeanne, when I access the forum section sometimes, I sometimes see the page scrambled. I am using a Mac assessing the webpage via Safari.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
12/16/2019 2:02 pm  

Thanks. Please send a screen shot to my email or via the contact form. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
01/11/2020 3:39 pm  

I recently increased the security on the forum which means the cyber gatekeeper is more sensitive when someone tries to login too many times or some other issue exists. If this happens, wait a few minutes then try again. It's trying to stop bots not you.  If you can't get in, send me a screen shot of the message you get via the contact form so I can fix the issue. Worst case, I can drop the extra security if this is causing too many problems for people. Or I can also try to address your individual case by issuing you a new account.

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
01/11/2020 4:07 pm  

@Jeanne-mayell

Thank you so much for letting us know. Right now, I think I'd rather have the extra security.

I've been getting waves of extra security from gmail logins and whiffs that both Chrome and Firefox were being extra careful due to some recent happenings with some Chinese issues. 

We're entering hyper sensitive times and with pre-election challenges ahead as well as rising fears in the collective, I think you are being wise to at least see if we can make whatever walls are up work for us.

JourneyWithMe2, Lilinoe, FEBbby23 and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
01/11/2020 6:35 pm  

@michele-b-here-in-the-forum. Thanks for your support and vote to try to keep the security going.  As we have learned in our country, security can end out hurting innocent people.  I imagine there are good people whose feelings are hurt by some of the messages that this site's app sends to people it thinks might be bots. 

Today one of our wonderful regular people got this unfriendly and I feel hurtful message when trying to login:

"You are not allowed to proceed.Your request looks suspiciously [did they really have to use that term?]  similar to the automated requests from spam posting software [i.e., bots] or it has been denied by a security policy configured by this administrator [that would be some setting either I or the forum system put into the forum software] If you believe you should be able to perform this request, please let us know."

I want to try to find that wording in the engine room somewhere and change it to something like:

"For some reason our security system thinks you could be a bot.  If you can read this message then there is probably an error. Try waiting  while and logging in again or contact the system administrator for help.  And have a great day!"

JourneyWithMe2, Lilinoe, Michele and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
01/11/2020 8:22 pm  

@jeanne-mayell

Whoa! That is more than a little upsetting all right. Perhaps the coding was done by a non-English as a first language person.

Translations can be brutal. Sounds like the algorithms really mimicked a threat. That's a shame but you meant well in beefing up security and are trying to modify things. Between one hard place and another.

So sorry and best of luck with all of this!

ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Registered
01/30/2020 4:03 pm  

Can anyone see my posts? I feel like I'm doing something wrong. Earlier I posted something in another thread and I don't think it ever appeared on the site. I don't know if the problem is on my end or not 🙁 

ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)
Registered
01/31/2020 8:03 pm  

@sistermoon

What other thread did you post on?   I will go look.   Also if you know the date, that would help?

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
02/02/2020 4:44 am  

@sistermoon This post is showing. The first few posts anyone makes are held for moderation for site security and I may have gotten behind for a couple of days. Let me know if there are any further problems.

ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Registered
02/02/2020 8:30 am  

@jeanne-mayell 

Thank you! I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong! 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 5
Share: