forum glitch  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

Baba
(@baba)
Registered
29/06/2019 4:48 am  

I got a mail this morning alerting me to a new which would have come in at 3:19am Eastern time. I will post the preview below. When I clicked on the link, it brings me to the right topic, but the post can not be seen. This happened the other day too, but I wasn’t sure and thought I would wait to see if it happened again.

This is from the mail I received:

Hello Baba! New reply has been posted on your subscribed topic - Situation unraveling for Trump. RE: Situation unraveling for Trump

Former President Jimmy Carter said Friday that “if fully investigated,” evidence would show that Pre...

villager liked
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)
Registered
29/06/2019 9:41 pm  

Hi Baba,  i think that was me.  I was working on that post, but decided to wait until the next day to finish it.  But then i hit Send by mistake, so i deleted it immediately.   By the time i got back to it, other people had already posted about it, and had done a better job of it lol.          sorry for the mix-up,   and may Heaven bless Jimmy Carter!

Baba liked
ReplyQuote
(@rowsella)
Registered
02/07/2019 9:04 am  

This may not be a glitch-- actually a feature but it is something that I find kind of awkward. Subscribing to a post or thread-- I just feel subscribing to individual threads seems unnecessary. If I subscribe, I get notifications that there is another post on it. I'd like to propose that perhaps an email notification subscription option for the forum itself containing a summary of threads that have new posts once a day instead of multiple notifications on different threads... Does that make sense?

Michele liked
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b-here-in-the-forum)
02/07/2019 3:25 pm  

In all ways, Rowsella. It was long and challenging but my email disruption was so intense, I chose to come into my accounts setting (sign in to site, click on your membership name, then you account,  your subscriptions and start unchecking their boxes!)

I unsubscribed one by one. Old ones are still appearing that I missed. Six so far today, but I quickly delete them and then when I have a little free time do my unsubscribing of each one of them.

Developer aettings no doubt getting more hits for their wordpress sites and forums 😉

Love, light, and healing prayers,
💜 MIchele

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
03/07/2019 3:06 pm  

Responding to UnkP and Baba's posts -- So one thing that does happen for sure is that if someone submits a post then deletes it, people will get notified about the post but when they click on the link, it will take you to the topic but you won't see any post there. 

It has happened to me more than once. Also I admit that I've deleted my own posts after submitting them because I didn't have time to edit them properly.  I write when I'm feeling passionate about something and then look at it a few minutes later and decide I need to tone it down. If I don't have time to edit, then I copy it to a word doc, delete the post and resubmit later. 

When people do this,  everyone gets notified that there's a post, then when they click on the link, there is nothing there, but then the post reappears later and you think you're going batty. 

As for Roswella's request for more organized once a day notification of new posts, this is a great request. I checked the wpforo.com support community (the app we use for this forum is called wpforo --it's run by a bunch of Italian guys) and they have a support forum that can help with questions about the forum's problems and  issues). 

This feature you are requesting is something they don't offer but others have asked for it and the wpforo administrators responded in 2018 that they would consider it for future updates. But so far I don't think it's offered.  Here is the discussion

If anyone would be willing to search through the app support forum for answers and fixes, I would be grateful for their help.  I will do more research when I can. 🙂

I will also look for a setting I could hit that would stop those requests to subscribe to a given topic.  I get them too but I just ignore them. 

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Registered
03/07/2019 7:54 pm  

Ok, this was a weird one.  I tried posting something about Pence and a message from Go Daddy said I couldn't post.  That is a new one.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
03/07/2019 8:14 pm  

Okay I will call godaddy to see what is going on.  I suggest you quit out and login and try again and email me privately so I can work on it.  It will help to see a screen shot.  Thanks!   

Also our traffic is at an all-time high.  So there are bound to be issues.  I just cleared all the caches in the forum and the website, and hope that will help too.

Michele liked
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
11/07/2019 7:59 pm  

A new glitch is that while I was trying to fix the lack of pagination for guests (the first glitch that is still not fixed)  I ended out causing the time stamp on posts to switch to international time so that day comes first then month.  So far the usual ways to fix this issue aren’t working.  While I wait for developer help I hope  you guys outside of the US will enjoy. 

thebeast liked
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
15/07/2019 9:31 am  

A major glitch seems to be fixed, but if it is not fixed for you, please let me know. This is the glitch in which if you are not logged in, which means you are categorized as a guest user, you can't see pagination for prior pages in a thread, which means you cannot go backwards in a thread and see prior pages.

It seems to be fixed when I am not logged in, but please let me know if you are having the problem.  Send me a screen share or else at least tell me exactly which thread you are trying to read when it happens. Thanks!  

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: