Forum glitches—let us know when something is not working  

Page 2 / 3
  RSS

Baba
(@baba)
Registered
06/29/2019 4:48 am  

I got a mail this morning alerting me to a new which would have come in at 3:19am Eastern time. I will post the preview below. When I clicked on the link, it brings me to the right topic, but the post can not be seen. This happened the other day too, but I wasn’t sure and thought I would wait to see if it happened again.

This is from the mail I received:

Hello Baba! New reply has been posted on your subscribed topic - Situation unraveling for Trump. RE: Situation unraveling for Trump

Former President Jimmy Carter said Friday that “if fully investigated,” evidence would show that Pre...

villager liked
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)
Registered
06/29/2019 9:41 pm  

Hi Baba,  i think that was me.  I was working on that post, but decided to wait until the next day to finish it.  But then i hit Send by mistake, so i deleted it immediately.   By the time i got back to it, other people had already posted about it, and had done a better job of it lol.          sorry for the mix-up,   and may Heaven bless Jimmy Carter!

ReplyQuote
(@rowsella)
Registered
07/02/2019 9:04 am  

This may not be a glitch-- actually a feature but it is something that I find kind of awkward. Subscribing to a post or thread-- I just feel subscribing to individual threads seems unnecessary. If I subscribe, I get notifications that there is another post on it. I'd like to propose that perhaps an email notification subscription option for the forum itself containing a summary of threads that have new posts once a day instead of multiple notifications on different threads... Does that make sense?

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b-here-in-the-forum)
07/02/2019 3:25 pm  

In all ways, Rowsella. It was long and challenging but my email disruption was so intense, I chose to come into my accounts setting (sign in to site, click on your membership name, then you account,  your subscriptions and start unchecking their boxes!)

I unsubscribed one by one. Old ones are still appearing that I missed. Six so far today, but I quickly delete them and then when I have a little free time do my unsubscribing of each one of them.

Love, light, and healing prayers,
💜 MIchele

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
07/03/2019 3:06 pm  

Responding to UnkP and Baba's posts -- So one thing that does happen for sure is that if someone submits a post then deletes it, people will get notified about the post but when they click on the link, it will take you to the topic but you won't see any post there. 

It has happened to me more than once. Also I admit that I've deleted my own posts after submitting them because I didn't have time to edit them properly.  I write when I'm feeling passionate about something and then look at it a few minutes later and decide I need to tone it down. If I don't have time to edit, then I copy it to a word doc, delete the post and resubmit later. 

When people do this,  everyone gets notified that there's a post, then when they click on the link, there is nothing there, but then the post reappears later and you think you're going batty. 

As for Roswella's request for more organized once a day notification of new posts, this is a great request. I checked the wpforo.com support community (the app we use for this forum is called wpforo --it's run by a bunch of Italian guys) and they have a support forum that can help with questions about the forum's problems and  issues). 

This feature you are requesting is something they don't offer but others have asked for it and the wpforo administrators responded in 2018 that they would consider it for future updates. But so far I don't think it's offered.  Here is the discussion

If anyone would be willing to search through the app support forum for answers and fixes, I would be grateful for their help.  I will do more research when I can. :-)

I will also look for a setting I could hit that would stop those requests to subscribe to a given topic.  I get them too but I just ignore them. 

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Registered
07/03/2019 7:54 pm  

Ok, this was a weird one.  I tried posting something about Pence and a message from Go Daddy said I couldn't post.  That is a new one.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
07/03/2019 8:14 pm  

Okay I will call godaddy to see what is going on.  I suggest you quit out and login and try again and email me privately so I can work on it.  It will help to see a screen shot.  Thanks!   

Also our traffic is at an all-time high.  So there are bound to be issues.  I just cleared all the caches in the forum and the website, and hope that will help too.

Michele liked
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
07/11/2019 7:59 pm  

A new glitch is that while I was trying to fix the lack of pagination for guests (the first glitch that is still not fixed)  I ended out causing the time stamp on posts to switch to international time so that day comes first then month.  So far the usual ways to fix this issue aren’t working.  While I wait for developer help I hope  you guys outside of the US will enjoy. 

thebeast liked
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
07/15/2019 9:31 am  

A major glitch seems to be fixed, but if it is not fixed for you, please let me know. This is the glitch in which if you are not logged in, which means you are categorized as a guest user, you can't see pagination for prior pages in a thread, which means you cannot go backwards in a thread and see prior pages.

It seems to be fixed when I am not logged in, but please let me know if you are having the problem.  Send me a screen share or else at least tell me exactly which thread you are trying to read when it happens. Thanks!  

ReplyQuote
 sneh
(@sneh)
Registered
08/08/2019 7:26 pm  

I cannot see all the posts/comments from a user if I click on their name? has something changed?

I get "

You do not have permission to view this page

"

when I try to access their activity

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
08/08/2019 11:50 pm  

Hmm, I will check on it.  

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
08/09/2019 12:19 am  

It seems to work fine but perhaps you are getting a limitation because you are a new member.  After you have posted a few times, you should be able to have that privilege.  I suggest you post a few times and then let us know if you are still unable to view member activity. 

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
08/19/2019 1:35 pm  

I have heard from two people that they are getting too many email notifications from the forum.  I don't want that to be a problem, but first I need to know if it is a problem. I get email notifications every time someone posts something but I thought it was  because I am the Administrator.  At the end of each notification I always see a link that says UNSUBSCRIBE here if you want.  

One person wrote to me that she didn't receive that link and found it impossible to stop the notifications.  

Please let me know if you are also have problems with this so I can address it. 

If is likely a glitch and not supposed to do that. 

Thanks for your help and many apologies if you are having problems with this. 

ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Registered
08/27/2019 7:00 am  
Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

It seems to work fine but perhaps you are getting a limitation because you are a new member.  After you have posted a few times, you should be able to have that privilege.  I suggest you post a few times and then let us know if you are still unable to view member activity. 

I was going to try and find the prediction that Lawrence made about a GOP member running against Rumple, and I came up with the same glitch. Tried clicking on other member's names to see if it would give info about them, or list their posts, and got the same response- you do not have permission to view this page. 

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
08/27/2019 11:26 am  

@cindy

Thanks will check. 

ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Registered
08/27/2019 6:01 pm  

@jeanne-mayell, A few weeks ago I also receive the same message as Cindy -- "you do not have permission to view this page" when I just wanted to search for a particular post.   I thought maybe I was doing something wrong.  I just let it go.

ReplyQuote
(@rowsella)
Registered
09/02/2019 7:51 pm  

When I connect to Forums, my page is kind of stuck and some areas/links don't allow me to link.. 

At the top of the page there is a bunch of white links to places on the website but when I scroll down, they stay stationary/pasted. and are currently about half way down my screen. It is hard to see them because where I am typing, the screen is white but they do "white out" text that they contrast against.

Odd. At first I thought it was a temporary glitch as things were being worked on in the site but this has persisted for weeks and it is only very annoying when I am typing, then trying to edit but accidentally hit one of those white links and my page changes. Meanwhile, at the top of every forum page is a little house (for "forum home" I expect) and then little arrows showing the path from home to the page we are on. Typically, if I want to revisit any stop on that path, all I need to do is click on it and it should bring me there but often, that does not work. I have to click on "forum" at the very top of the page/menu on one of those white links. I hope this makes sense. I am using Chrome browser.

ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Registered
09/02/2019 8:22 pm  

@rowsella, I am experiencing the same thing.  It started a few weeks ago and I found it difficult to explain (you did it well!), so I didn't bother.  But yes -- the links "Home   About   Predictions," etc, appear lower than usual and extend across the page as this translucent white text, blocking out part of what I am reading.  It's even worse if I need to edit my reply; like you, I often inadvertently click on one of the white links and end up exiting that page.  I also use Chrome.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
09/10/2019 11:04 pm  

@rowsella and @deetoo, my developer is working on the problem.  Let me know if it goes away.  Thanks for posting about it. 

deetoo liked
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
09/11/2019 7:51 am  

@rowsella

@Deetoo

I sent the glitch to the developer who said she has fixed it. Please let me know since that glitch does not show up on my devices. 

Rowsella, I have also sent the subscription suggestion you made to the developers of the forum application to see if there is a way to make that option more friendly to the user. I changed the options that are available to me to make the subscription choice no longer a default choice. Does that help? 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share:
Blue
Pear
Black Emo
{blue}:grinning:
{blue}:wink:
{blue}:face:
{blue}:inlove:
{blue}:sweaty:
{blue}:surprised: