World Predictions Forum

World Predictions Forum2018-10-28T23:57:05+00:00

[Solved] New Forum Tools! Are they Helpful? Or not? Suggestions?  

RSS

(@jeanne-mayell)
Noble Member Admin
09/14/2018 7:21 pm  

Hi Everyone,

There are some new tools that I hope will be helpful.  Would appreciate any feedback and/or suggestions. Some of you are pretty Forum-savvy, so maybe you have ideas for improvements. Thanks- Jeanne

1. There's a section at the bottom of your screen that shows any new posts that have appeared since you last opened the forum, as well as all posts you have read and unread posts.  I hope this helps you keep up to date. 

2. If you start a topic, you can write a tag description which helps people know more about the topic,  look it up by content.  It also  helps search engines find the topic too. 

3. There is a read/unread section so you can find out what you haven't read yet.

4. There are stars and/or titles that represent how much you've posted.  How do you feel about that?  I didn't invent the rating system. It came with the forum application. But some people like it.  It's based totally on how many posts you've made which is also mentioned below your name.  Let me know if you have issues with this system.  Thanks. 🙂

5. Is there anything else you would like or not like? 

(@jeanne-mayell)
Noble Member Admin
09/14/2018 11:39 pm  

I got a great comment from Bright Opal that she sent to me via the contact form, so I'm posting it here:

From Bright Opal:

I would respond to your post about the forum's new tool in the forum, except I'm not able to reply to your post.  It's asking me to login or register...  So far I've no problems with any of the other posts.  

• I love the stats at the bottom.  For a person like me, it makes things so much easier.  There is also an area with the name of the last person registering to the forum.  I almost want to reach out and say "hi".
  • I like how I can choose how to view the posts. It makes things easier for me. 
  • How would you use the Tag tool?
  • Would it be possible to choose the order in which we view the posts? For exemple, I click on the Unread Posts and only those posts came up.  I would like to choose in which order to view them i.e. from the oldest to the newest thread/post or the other way around.
  • Also, would it be possible as an "owner" of a thread to close or "solve" that thread?  For exemple I began a thread on John McCain earlier this month. I think everyone has seen it and anyone wanting to post on it already has.  It's been more than a week since the last post on it.  Could I close it?  And if I do, would it still be possible for people to view that thread and refer to it if they want to?

That's about it for me.  I love all these improvements.  I shall endeavour to get more stars!  😉  -- Bright Opal

(@jeanne-mayell)
Noble Member Admin
09/14/2018 11:42 pm  
  • How would you use the Tag tool?

The "tabs" are an Internet tool that you use to help the forum index the topics so that people can later find topics using other words than just the topic title.  They should reflect the content of the topic. If you put a few phrases into the tab section and separate them with commas, then I'm told that the forum software will alphabetize them for searching.

Share:
See World Predictions 2018 & Beyond

Working

Please Login or Register