Notifications
Clear all

Why do Liberal Psychics see a Different Future than Conservative Psychics?

20 Posts
11 Users
90 Likes
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

I have an hypothesis about what’s going on when we see visions of the future.

When we meditate on the future, we find ourselves focusing on the consciousness or prevailing thoughts of the time we are meditating on. But we only see what we ourselves will be experiencing in the future. 

The media plays a huge role in what we see. It creates a wave of consciousness that hits us in the future, provided we open to that consciousness. 

The visions we actually report to this website are those that are clear enough to us that we can figure out what they are – at least partially.

For us to figure out what the visions are, we have to have a data bank in our minds about the subject. They may also have to be visions that we will later learn about.

That means that we are seeing our own future, i.e., news stories we as individuals will be reading or hearing about.

Thus Trump-supporting students don’t usually report the news that liberals read in the future, while liberals see the news and events that liberals are reading about. So if you are only watching FOX news, you are not going to hear most of what the rest of the mainstream press is reporting and visa versa. What you will see are the events that you are interested in seeing in the future. 

We could do an experiment and divide up people’s predictions by their political affiliation. I believe will see vastly different predictions. I’ve seen this in professional psychics’ predictions. Psychics who live in Hollywood tend to report celebrity news. People who are interested in the Royals often see their news. U.S. readers don’t pick up as much about the international news as readers who are living abroad.

We also can mix up events and think several events are one event. Earlier this year, Zoron accurately predicted alt right violence in a southern city. This was an amazingly clear vision that Zoron is famous for. He also thought that part of this wave of violence would involve race riots in Chicago. It was all part of one big vision he had. It turns out that the Chicago violence was coming from footage that would later be shown on national television of a movie about the Chicago riots.

The audio-vision I had last year, “Texas, Texas, Texas,” was an example of my picking up multiple crises in the state of Texas that would involve a new and terrible normal in our country. I had felt that a new normal, very upsetting events, would start around February through June of 2017. (Now I realize that the new normal began when Trump took office and would continue throughout his tenure, so it wasn’t just about Feb through June but about his whole administration.) Then I heard the chant, Texas, Texas, Texas. Now that it’s November, and I’ve watched events unfold, I feel that the vision is that Texas is the focus or eye of the storm of the rise of the far right wing that is happening in our country. It’s also part of the immigration crisis Trump created.

Since last spring Texas has seen a number of disasters — Hurricane Harvey, a climate change related disaster that was made much worse by lax building and zoning codes. The recent church massacre, enabled by easy access to guns and poor compliance with the few controls we have for gun access. The fertilizer plant explosion that blew up part of a small town. Was that also the result of poor or absent compliance with safety rules? All of these events can be tied to the dominant culture that is so concentrated in Texas, excluding Austin.

I would be interested in what some of you have observed about prediction. One thing for sure, prediction is not objective. It is subjective. In fact consciousness, which is the area of study that prediction comes from, is never objective. All of these visions have to go through someone’s subjective mind.

Asian, Lola, Asian and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stillnessnmind)
Honorable Member Registered

I believe your hypothesis will prove out.  In health care, we realized errors were created through observer bias.  If I came to you with a syringe and told you what amount you would see, many of us would see the amount you were told and not the actual amount.  There are training videos where one is told to count how many times a ball is passed among participants.  Folks are so focused on counting the ball passes they miss the person in the gorilla costume walking through the group passing the ball.   Much in the same way, a liberal is trained to see the world might look quite different the way a conservative may train their mind.  There are so many aspects that can blind us to the heart of the real.  Perhaps its the privilege of being white in the U.S., perhaps its educational privilege, gender privilege, heterosexual privilege, professional privilege, economic privilege, power of any kind privilege...there are endless ways we can unintentionally narrow the lens from which we see the world.  Our subjective mind can be quite the complex filter.   My experience tells me that contemplative practice of any flavor can also help to open up the narrow parts of our points of view.  Isn't reality a constancy of co-creation? Perhaps true of prediction? 

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

StillnessofMind, Thank you for these insights. There is no question in my mind that meditation opens up our perception.  I noticed after a two week retreat once that my eyes were actually more wide open! I was taking in more of my environment. I spent ten minutes staring at the intricacies of a tree. Meditation also causes you to listen more, rather than speak. 

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Lorie posted this response in the comment section of the Prediction Page. Want it also posted here:

• Lori 11/09/2017 at 3:34 pm:

Jeanne, I agree with you and appreciate you and everyone involved in this site. Since last year, my twin flame and I realized that our awakening kicked into overdrive. We’ve had an overwhelming sense that something is coming, for better or worse. Between Trump (?), natural disasters, shifts in consciousness…. It’s been a rollercoaster ride and I’m trying to stay balanced within and out.
    We knew something was going to happen to us…
    During Hurricane Harvey, my house received 12 feet of water. So, yes, Texas Texas Texas…. I feel caught in the middle. And just seeing the state of our world, it breaks my heart.
    But I’m ready for this new age of Aquarius. I’m an Aquarius, an empath, and I’ve been told I’m an incarnate angel. I understand that we must all walk through the dark to find the light.
    And just for the record, since I’m a Texas native, I’m deeply upset with the division between the people! I hate to use labels, but I (a “liberal”) see that liberals actually outnumber conservatives here in Texas. Because of suppression, gerrymandering, racism…. It’s hard to be proud of such a state. I can’t even stand to be around family members because of their ideologies.
    It’s getting difficult to have faith in humanity.. This is the long awaited apocalypse and I know that it’s necessary for change for the better. But damn.. Trials and tribulations right?

Excuse me for my rant! It feels good to let it out.. I love what all of you are doing and thank you.
    Peace, love, and light to all!

Unk p, Stillnessnmind, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)
Illustrious Member Registered

Right on Lori! I hear you loud and clear. We probably live in the same part of town! Peace and love to you, too, beautiful neighbor.

ReplyQuote
(@warriorwitch)

Easy. I think, to some extent, we see what we want to see.

It takes training and practice to actually see what's there. Hence, why Zoron and Jeanne are so good at it. It's like any other muscle, the more you use it, the stronger it gets.

I've pondered this question myself, reading other psychics on other sites. Many of them (I won't give names) predicted that Trump would bring back jobs, get infrastructure going, etc. I read them and wondered what planet they were living on. I think, beyond the accurate predictions that he was on the podium, people have let their wishes, and his celebrity reputation get in the way. My gut told me he'd never be anything but a used car salesman with empty promises. I was right, but then again, I was never attached to him as a celebrity.

Our emotional involvement can cloud our judgement.

ReplyQuote
(@judy-moore)
Eminent Member Registered

I too saw trump as a great used car salesman so why are so many people not seeing this. He is only out to enrich himself and those like him are along for the ride. He gets worse every day yet the mindless throngs still worship him. I don't understand this

Jeanne Mayell, Paul W, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Judy. I ask the same question.  How can people not see what is so obvious?  I often feel like Cassandra, the Greek daughter of Troy, who was given the gift of prophecy, but also the curse that no one would believe her.  I think you are the same.  It's just so obvious, right? I have felt that way about climate change for 30 years.

BlueBelle, Paul W, LalaBella and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@marley)
Estimable Member Registered

It's because authoritarian personalities cannot or will not see with their own eyes, cannot or will not form their own opinions, without the help of someone in power telling them what they must see and believe. John Dean's book Conservatives Without Conscience explained this concept, which is based on the research of Bob Altemeyer, Professor of Psychology at the University of Manitoba. I just discovered that Altemeyer has put out a book distilling his findings, The Authoritarians, which is free online. I'm adding it to my must-read list.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Marley, Thanks for pointing out this book.

ReplyQuote
(@diana11)
Reputable Member Registered

Here is another view, that it's actually our brains that are different:  https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-human-beast/201104/conservatives-big-fear-brain-study-finds

Jeanne Mayell, Marley, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@asian)

You are spot on jeanne ! What we actually see is our own reality. Our reality is restricted by what our senses have picked up from our whole life. Our perceptions, values, world views are build on those. 

Now, peoples with different mentalities with ESP will see different future altogether. For an example, a fanatic muslim will see a global caliphate forming in future. But, that won't happen. It would have happened if he was the controller of the collective reality. But, we are the controller of our own reality(life actually) only.

What then drives the timeline then ?

It is collective consiousness. If majority sees global caliphate forming then it means majority believes it will happen. Majority rules. Here many realities are marging together and creating a collective reality against minority. That's why mass meditations/prayers have a largely positive effect on a large area.

Also, willpower probably plays the most important part. That's why there will always be multiple timelines not one.

Hope this helps.

Edit: I forgot to add that we are in the middle years(2015-16-17-18). Meaning, right now our individual timelines are marging. People are choosing their sides either consiously and sub-consiously. Somewhere in the early-twenties the timeline will fully merge into collective-timeline. That's when we will fully step into transition and instability in all forms of life will gradually increase. 

Jeanne Mayell, diana11, Kim K. and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

I was told over and over by many psychics that we don't see for ourselves. Most of what I have been shown in my life is about myself and my future, or that of my children. I believe all we are shown (when not doing readings for someone else) is for our benefit first and foremost. 

I haven't been here in a few months. I have had a tendency to see much good coming in the future (tho not nearly as expeditiously as the time frame I imagined), and much of what I was reading here was contradictory (or negative in comparison) to what I was seeing. I even have stopped reading the news-too much negativity.  I had also seen trouble brewing with my family, much of which has started to come to pass. I've had lots to reflect on to figure out why I've seen such positive things, when there is so much negativity around me.  I've had to go back to getting a grip on realizing that I am a teacher in this lifetime within my family. They are the old order (and younger souls), and I am new order (and older soul). It is tough to now stand back, bite my tongue, and watch as they are in a situation where they have yet to learn that their views of working together and "looking out for one another" are actually very self serving, and not of service to each other or others in general. In fact, each is being somewhat detrimental to the other's health and well being in some fashion.  My family dynamics are similar to today's politics.  Conservatives in my family berate liberals for any misstep, yet cheer on things like gerrymandering, voting suppression, or turn a blind eye to nefarious activity if it gets them their way.  The double standards they employ are mind boggling to me, and are totally oblivious to the authoritarians. The old order (patriarchal/authoritarianism) is on it's way out, and the new, more feminine time frame is coming to replace it. There will always be a struggle between old and new when things change so much. 

I've done some research on the authoritarian way of thinking over the years (as well as doing therapy). Their brains are wired much differently than those of us who are liberal so they process information much differently than liberals.  Different areas of the brain are utilized by each group from the same stimuli.  Authoritarians rule and live by fear, progressives think of the possibilities, and of helping others. My kids have always known they could come to me and say  "you know when you do XYZ, it makes me feel (fill in the blank (sad, angry, confused, etc.))", and I had no trouble considering their point of view. Sometimes there were things I had to change about myself, sometimes there were reasons for my choices they simply needed to understand more clearly. It was no skin off my nose to say "you are right, I hadn't realized. I'm sorry." I felt doing so was a good example of how I wanted them to be. On the other hand, my father still thinks he can dictate what I say, to whom I can say it, what rules I can set for my home (not his), etc. When my sisters fight with me, and can't change my stance on something, they both run to dad-tell him I'm being (fill in the negative adjective), and he'll try to brow beat me into submission to take their stance instead of my own. The fact that he can't instill fear in me as he did when I was a little child frustrates him and forces him to lash out even more sometimes. As a liberal, I don't need to force my views down someone's throat, or force them to acquiesce to my point of view.  I am open to other's viewpoints for consideration to see if that view will change my stance, and I can agree to disagree. This is not something the authoritarians in my family can do-being right and in control are the priority. They have a mistaken belief that anything else lessens them. 

The authoritarians in my family,  judge others to make themselves feel better and/or superior by comparison, while the liberals compare themselves to previous versions of themselves (have I learned, grown, am I more self aware, etc.?). Authoritarians can't separate the individual from the deed because of their need to judge. For example if a three year old bites someone-the authoritarians label the child a bad child because they bite,  while the progressives inform the child that the act of biting is bad, and they should cease that behavior.  

My sister works as a medium / psychic. She gets very little about me if she tries to do a reading for me, is rarely right if does get something on me. She can read for others not as closely related in the family. My daughter has only come to sis once briefly in the decades since her passing, yet our passed nephew readily communicates with her. There is a reason for this-it is in my best interest that I'm shielded from my sister's view. I don't see my daughter much any more, she's busy, but I still get signs, and others from my family come in times of trouble when my daughter cannot. On the other hand, I tend to get invasive information about my psychic sister even when I am not looking for it or don't want to know. Her views on what will happen in the future are different from what I see. She does it for a living, I can't tune in at will like she does. I get the information because it is in my best interests to get it, even tho I don't necessarily want it. 

Our guides and angels help us get our information, thus we are given what is in our best and highest interests. My other sister was diagnosed as terminal a few years ago. I would do readings to see what was coming up for her health wise since this past summer, or to help me make  personal decisions, and instead of getting a pertinent answer to my query, I'd get an implication of an impending disaster for another family member. I saw my mother's as yet medically unexplained near death experience, my father's strokes, and my sister's near fatal overdose. While I didn't see the specific medical issues, I saw each pending close call while looking for other information.

I have plenty of negative coming my way on a personal front since I'm the only healthy individual between my siblings and my parents, so to keep me going, I'm sure I'm only being shown positive things to give me hope to get me thru the darkness that lies ahead. Some of it is also given to get me to loosen up some so that I can enjoy things in life instead of consistently preparing for what lies ahead. I believe that some who get visions of rough times ahead are given such visions so they can adjust ahead of time. For example, visions on the economy may be based on the message the viewer needs, not what is going to happen in general. A downturn in the petrochemical industry means hard times for its workers. The same downturn may mean a real uptick for the solar and wind industries. So someone seeing a drastic fall in the economy or stock market may be personally impacted negatively by an upcoming slump when the entire stock market reflects a different picture on whole. 

I sometimes pick up on someone's political leanings when I read predictions or channelings on line. It can influence my interpretation of the predictions. I think a great many personal biases come into play when we have visions of the future in general, and there's no real way to filter them out. Our guides and angels are here to do what is in our best interest, so what we hear and see are offered with that in mind, and is limited by the constructs of how our brains are wired to receive, react, and interpret information. 

Michele, BlueBelle, Marley and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Asian, It's been a while since you posted here. Welcome back.  If you see this post, would you say more about this statement you made?

I forgot to add that we are in the middle years(2015-16-17-18). Meaning, right now our individual timelines are merging. People are choosing their sides either consiously and sub-consiously. Somewhere in the early-twenties the timeline will fully merge into collective-timeline. That's when we will fully step into transition and instability in all forms of life will gradually increase. 

Michele, BlueBelle, Michele and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Cindy, helpful perspective. It is about perspective isn't it?  When we are reading the future, or even the present, we are all blind men meditating on the proverbial elephant. 

If the world is an elephant, then it matters what part of the elephant we are sensing  when we feel around for what is going on in the future.  Are we focusing on politics, the environment, the welfare of the poor in Nigeria?    If we aren't consciously trying to focus on something, then we are likely to unconsciously focus on the issues that normally command our attention.

Since there is no such thing as objective reality, then our visions are always going to be influenced by our needs, desires, and biases. 

When meditating together with my local prediction group where I personally know the people I'm meditating with, I see patterns in the types of visions individuals get. Julia, Yaeko, Ellen, Lynn, and I are all politically concerned progressives. Our visions consistently focused on the environment, and the health and availability of social programs for the poor and middle-class, as well as a wide range of political issues.  John, who is a Trump supporter, saw terrorist attacks and interesting historical and scientific discoveries. Maria who is also a passionate Republican, saw celebrity news and terrorist attacks, including one at Disney World that that turned out to be a hoax. Everyone had a high hit rate of whatever they were seeing.   

So the kinds of things they saw unfolding in the future fit their own interests. 

diana11, BlueBelle, Marley and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Noon
(@noon)
Eminent Member Registered

Wow 

Some very interesting thoughts here.

I personally am very opposed to lables and boxes. All the baggage that goes along with that.

All my life I have seen/lived through the hashing and rehashing of social issues that device us. These issues have been labeled differently over time, but essentially amount to the same thing. Those who want to control and those who want to creat.

The vanguard pushes against the establishment like a flood, and the establishment backlashes like a hammer. War, extream natural disaster,and disese historically bring the greatest and most extreme change to human society. That gives us a common mass experience a majority can agree on.

I personally don't understand the thinking of the controlling/controlled type mentality. I have been held hostage by it and repressed by it at times in my life, but no way could I go there. And the people who think/live like that?

No way do they get me. Before Trump, it was easy to put some ideology aside, right now?

it's like a huge festering sore. Each side reinforcing their own viewpoint, neither persuading the other to see things "their"way.

My ansesters came to America in the 1500's to escape persecution for having ideas that were "different".

If there is not a genetic component to this, than at least it is something passed down in family culture.

diana11 and diana11 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Cindy, so helpful, many clear observations:  

I'm sure I'm only being shown positive things to give me hope to get me thru the darkness that lies ahead. Some of it is also given to get me to loosen up some so that I can enjoy things in life instead of consistently preparing for what lies ahead. I believe that some who get visions of rough times ahead are given such visions so they can adjust ahead of time. For example, visions on the economy may be based on the message the viewer needs, not what is going to happen in general. -- Cindy

We each see what we need to see to adjust our paths.  Meanwhile, we all need to nurture ourselves with positivity, gratitude for all we have, finding meaning in the situation we find ourselves in, no matter how awful it seems, smell the roses, saver the good experiences, and spend time with people who support us. 

As for the negative visions I've had about climate change, and about the Trumpocalyse, those visions did prepare me.

I was in shock when Trump's authoritarian tweets and actions and all else he did changed the presidency in America. I was shocked that the Congress did not respond to so many impeachable offenses.  On the other hand, I was expecting it because I'd seen it coming. 

Being prepared is important.  I learned from coaching youth soccer years ago,  to go into a game strong , positive, and prepared, but never underestimate your opponent. The progressives are now showing this  new approach. They are getting out the vote, organizing protests, and bringing lawsuits to stop regressive policies.  

Meanwhile, we need to focus on positive change, on finding our purpose - each of us.  We need to be true to our higher selves.  A friend told me today she had lost enthusiasm for her job.  I said, time to find out what your deepest self wants to be doing right now and honor it.  

I think a great many personal biases come into play when we have visions of the future in general, and there's no real way to filter them out. - Cindy

Bias is there, yet meditation when reading the future is a big help. So many people just give their opinion and call it psychic.  I see that sometimes in other psychics.  I've made that mistake myself. Then they change their predictions when prevailing opinion changes. They read a lot of material and then say that the future is some kind of amalgam of what they've read.   Usually, the visions we get in class that are very specific and often inscrutable are the most accurate. I can't use them if they are too inscrutable but I know they are referring to something that really will happen.

It's the unexpected energies we pick up that are real.  

People don't realize that prevailing thoughts can be indistinguishable from the utterings of spirit guides.  My rule of thumb is the loudness, although it's not perfect.  Loud words in my head have often turned out to be just something someone was thinking that a lot of people started repeating.  Often those loud words come true too, even though they didn't come from a high source. So it muddles our understanding of what is spirit and what is just people's thoughts. 

Our guides and angels are here to do what is in our best interest, so what we hear and see are offered with that in mind, and is limited by the constructs of how our brains are wired to receive, react, and interpret information. 

Agree.  I have felt a shift recently in consciousness in this country.  People's compassion is way up now. Not that they weren't compassionate before, but now they are more awake.  I'm not talking about the authoritarian personalities.  They are probably more entrenched. But they are not the majority.  There is a movement now that is growing to take care of each other.  I can feel it. It gives me hope. The Solstice reading we did in December reflects a shift. Still, I feel the power struggle in this country like a sports match.  Once one side sees the actions of the opponents, they up the ante.  It goes back and forth. 

diana11 and diana11 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@asian)

Sorry Jeanne I didn't saw your post. I was absent for many days. I apologise for my late reply.

Anyway coming to the terms of my post, I have brrowed middle years phrase from astrologer Theodore White. It correlated with my thoughts so well, better than any other term. It helped to explain the big picture. Where humanity is going.

When I wrote that statement what I had in mind was some events with large geopolitical repercussions like brexit, US election results, Turkey referendum and Iranian election. Events where People have a say.

When thay vote people are not aware about the real picture. The power play behind the scene, money trail, foreign lobbying through various channels - these factors doesn't dominate media scene for obivious reasons since they are a medium of information warfare between various governments or ideological factions. So public mostly remains in dark about behind the scene antics of powers that be.

The present time is a mixture of reality and illusion. We have seen explosion of "fake" news and massive online propaganda by terrorist organisations. Most peoples reality are filled by their own ideals, hopes, dreams, fear, fantasies and concern for their own loved ones. They hardly see the bigger picture. As a result their supports are used as a tool to consolidate political power by leaders.

My understanding is that in coming years of next decade many existing narratives will be proved as fictional in both global and national(I meant in different countries) level. For an example,

Victory of "capitalism" at the end of the cold war did not stopped any wars. Rather many new ones like Syria, Libya, Ukraine has begun. Wealth have gone mostly into the hands of wealthy. 85% wealth of world are controlled by only 15% people.

As people awaken and become aware, instability will gradually rise. Many people will have their believes come crashing down when it meets reality. That too in the years of global recession 2020-25.

Add to that new problems of climate change and population explosion.It's a little wonder that societal, economic and political change will follow the natural change. And new generation will lead the changes. As they grow older and occupy important posts in government and administration, business and commerce change in society will be more evident.

However, like any big change it will be gradual, slow change and incremental in nature.

diana11, Kim K., Marley and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@asian)

What I wrote in the above post covered the physical aspect. But there was a spiritual aspect as well. 

We humans are diverse in culture, carry different identities, believe in different ideologies, have different outlook towards problems regarding society/civilization/nature.

But, we are ONE ! All of us are part of a single collective consiousness.

Throughout centuries kings, religious leaders, politicians have used propaganda,education to mind control people. To rally them to war aganist other nations, people belonging to other religions. So, using other means to influence mass consiousness in one country effects people in other countries. Example -

• Crusades
  • Two world wars

This has profited those who rules but didn't helped coomon people or civilization in any way.

Low consiousness among mass is the main reason for this. Those who accepts variety in life, diverse practices/cultures definitely belong to higher level. 

We are seeing the clear divide between common people resulting in vitrol spewing against each other in social media which is the new turf of propaganda war.

Anyway, none of this are new.

What I felt was that, a massive unconsious shift have been underway for some time. It is going to effect people regardless whether they belong to higher or lower level consiousness. Since our consiousness is a part of a single global grid, this is going to effect every one of us one way or another.

All of our individual timelines will start merging. Many people have made their choices already you see(rise of terrorism, radical religious forces, right wing). Only regret is that they did so under propaganda where reality and fantasy are impossible to separate. 

As shift in collective unconsious gathers momentum instability will continue to rise in every form of life and nature.  And I think as that happens instruments of mass control like media empires, social sites will go out of business as you saw in vision. 

Just like large buildings crumble like house of cards in big earthquake many existing narratives, structures will bite dust. Let time be the judge !  

diana11, Michele, Kim K. and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@runestoneone)
Noble Member Registered

Couldn't agree more, Asian!

ReplyQuote
Share: