Notifications
Clear all

What is my meditative vision telling me??

(@starpath)
Noble Member Registered

Maria I didn't associate anything with the symbol you described until I thought about it a while.  The circle with a cross symbol makes me remember the medicine wheel symbol I saw growing up sometimes when I visited my Lakota family on the reservation.  It was often made of dyed porcupine quills and the explanation of what it means to the Lakota people can be found on this link:

http://aktalakota.stjo.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=8592

The triangle as you describe being in the very center of the cross is where they would put an eagle feather on the medicine wheel.  Since it is hard to get eagle feathers in modern times, they use another feather to symbolize that feather and it usually is a white feather with the tip dyed black.  I saw a medicine wheel once, I can't remember who showed it to me.  If someone needs healing they wear it or give to someone who needs healing.  At this point in my life a triangle symbolizes the spiritual sacredness of being completely aligned to one's higher self, so that their physical body, their mind and their spirit are all balanced and in the highest state of vibration that is obtainable.

I also relate to books being an important part of my childhood and teenage years.  They helped me a lot all my life in fact.  I don't know if you have heard of Paul Selig's books but I'm reading them now and they are very powerful...

Every time I look at the link above the tears want to come and I guess I need some healing in regards to my childhood.  I haven't found a way to be both white and Sioux in a way that is balanced and I feel the Sioux fragment inside me crying for me to let her be herself.  I feel the white side of me trying to protect me by blending in and getting along in the dominant white culture.  I wasn't raised Lakota Sioux but I feel part of me that identifies with it and it is crying every day for me to allow myself to be more Sioux... I can't explain it.  It is painful so I suppress it and it suffers...

It could also mean I need to heal regarding my childhood where I was emotionally neglected by parents who were alcoholics. 

ReplyQuote
(@starpath)
Noble Member Registered

Thank you Maria.  I think you helped me.  I am grateful and want to say bless you and the path you are on. 

If anyone is interested there is a good movie called "Thunderheart" filmed in 1992 on the Pine Ridge Reservation where my Lakota family lives.  It is a fictional story which tells of someone who is part Sioux who denies their Lakota heritage and becomes an FBI agent.  He is asked to go to the reservation to solve a crime and over the course of the movie finds his Lakota connection is powerful and transformative.  I love this movie...

javamyworld, Laynara, javamyworld and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)
Illustrious Member Registered

Hi starpath, where can we see this Movie?....is it online anywhere?

ReplyQuote
(@starpath)
Noble Member Registered

Zoron the movie is available to rent at the amazon for 3.99 US a viewing.  At amazon.uk it is 3.49.  It can be rented on YouTube movies for 2.99 US.   I have a CD of it so I watch it every so often.  I was too tired to watch last night but I probably will watch it soon since I was feeling nostalgic for it last night.  Val Kilmer plays the FBI agent and Graham Greene plays a tribal police officer.

ReplyQuote
(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered

Starpath, there are lots of people with trouble reconciling their mixed background. I have that problem myself: I was born in Spain, I have lived in Great Britain for a long time, and my favorite pop culture is American science-fiction. It sometimes gives me a really hard time deciding what sort of person I am. I sometimes tell myself that Spaniards are from Mars, English people from Venus and Americans are... well, crazy. White Americans, that is. Native Americans are something else, and I recognize that.

I'm now back from my trip and I remember I promised to do some serious meditation, but I don't know if you are still interested in the results. If you are, is there anything specifically you'd like me to focus on?

Laynara and Laynara reacted
ReplyQuote
(@starpath)
Noble Member Registered

Maria a long time ago I had a friend who was Catalonian who came from Spain to the US for several months while she was doing research for her Ph.D at the University of Georgia, Athens.  She was very interesting person.  I learned how different her culture was from the US and it really opened my eyes.  She made friends easily and introduced me to a woman from Peru and a man from Thailand.  We all had a lot of fun together those many months.  We lost contact with each other but I remember her fondly.

It was interesting when you tried earlier, but I didn't think you were going to do much more meditating on the warehouse place since it felt so weird when you were there. Do you think what you tapped into had anything to do with the children of immigrants housed in the cages inside warehouse like buildings?  I wondered because you said that the people would be moved soon and sometimes the children are being moved around the country to different places.  You also heard a voice that said "This is America"...I guess I just thought there were some similarities to what is going on now with the immigrant children, but maybe not.

I was thinking about asking you to meditate on something else if you feel like it.  The dream about the experiment at the warehouse seems to have faded in my mind now, I don't feel as intrigued by it anymore for some reason...

ReplyQuote
(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered

I felt the experiment had something to do with non-white people, not necessarily Latinos. (It still surprises me that in the USA, Latinos are non-white. It was a big shock when I went to New York and I discovered this!) I wondered if it was some kind of genetic experiment. I had a look just because Melanie was asking for help and I thought I'd have a go.

I think I'd better leave this one to rest.

Starpath and Starpath reacted
ReplyQuote
(@melanie)
Trusted Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hello! I am checking on here daily! Sometimes it's difficult for me to put what's in my head, into words... And I've been having one of those weeks! I do plan on commenting on some previous posts a little later.. possibly this evening. 

Do you think it was a negative vision for me to have been taken to this bad place? Why would I have a connection to it? Should I be concerned or worried about this? Would y'all be worried if it were you that journeyed this on your first projection? Has negative attached itself to me possibly??

I've just been thinking about the shadow man I saw there..

And then the shadow man pacing at the foot of my bed..

And I'm wondering if maybe this is something I should be concerned about.. 

I had an experience not too long ago that keeps replaying in my head multiple times a day now..  Everytime my mind drifts off, it takes me right back to this experience and it involved good and evil too (I think.. ? Interpreting symbolic meaning is not my strong point.)

I just assumed all "sensitive" people had these common experiences with encountering unpleasant spirits. For me, it's always more common for me to detect the negative immediately because it's intense. I am aware of good or neutral energies that come and go, (At my mom's house, in a particular room I often feel another dimension being lived out in the same space. It's really busy like a market- or high traffic area but they don't know I'm occupying the same space and can't see me). However,  I don't often experience Angelic or Devine energies just hanging around.. It is most common for me to pick up on negative around me first. Is this common foryou? 

Thanks Melanie 

RosieHeart, Starpath, RosieHeart and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@starpath)
Noble Member Registered

Hey Melanie welcome back!  Does the shadow man still pace at the foot of your bed or was it a one time only thing?

ReplyQuote
(@starpath)
Noble Member Registered

Melanie I was looking for some information about astral travel last night.  I don't think astral travel is a common experience among people who meditate.  I think people who want to astral travel need a lot of guidance and practice unless they are like you and seem to have a natural talent for it.  I don't think the place you were taken was necessarily an indication of your vibration but that you were on a mission or task to do something good, to confront this shadow being.  You even said yourself you had a very positive feeling when you started your meditation.  So I don't think it was you who chose the location, I think it was your guides.  Your guides were with you and protecting you.  You should always astral project with your guides, they know how to protect you.  I was concerned that later a shadow man seemed to be with you after the experience.  I also had the feeling that if you only saw him one time afterward that it wasn't something to get too concerned about.  More than once would worry me.  I don't have a logical reason for this, it is my intuition.  If you love this being and do not fear it, it will hate being around you...just like in the vision (just my opinion).  I do think that astral projection is something you should research as much as possible before trying to do again.  We travel out of body when we sleep and dream but we have protection during that time-- I think it is our spirit guides during dreaming also.  My spirit guides are in my dreams all the time--they take on characters in my dreams and I know it is them because they have a sense of humor.  I have a female spirit guide who is more serious.  I think I have two male ones who like to be silly in the dreams to let me see they are laughing with me, and that I am too serious and I should lighten up!!!  Of course you can't get all the answers to your questions here, you need to take time to meditate and reflect and get to know your guides as much as possible.  Record and study your dreams as the guides are there helping you also.  My feeling about angelic beings or spirit guides is that they don't interfere unless necessary or unless you invite them to help you. They respect our free will.  Everyday I try to remember to tell them thank you and I often ask for help so they know I would appreciate and desire it.  I get specific as I can when I have problems, I really let them know I want their help.  They don't want to interfere unless we ask, so they are around all the time but it may not seem like it.  I think everyone's experiences with either positive spirits or negative is going to be radically different depending on their specific vibration.

I had a weird experience a few years ago that I thought was a negative entity but I am still not sure.  It was just an intuitive sense I got one day when I was out cutting bamboo in the back yard of the house I rented.  I started to feel very creeped out and I thought there was an angry spirit that hid in the bamboo and did not want me cutting it.  I felt like it was at home there and liked people to stay away.   I decided it was my imagination and I grabbed this dead tree branch to throw over the back fence into the wilderness behind it.  A dry dust from the branch sort of rained down on me and I seemed to feel many insects biting me but I did not see any insects.  I didn't get any bite marks but I felt the pain all over my arms.  I started to feel this panic and I ran for the back door of the house.  I ran inside and yanked off my clothes and started to shower all the time crying and asking for help.  A weird coincidence was I had purchased a few weeks ago this special magnesium chloride solution called magnesium oil from some ancient seabed.  I knew this could help with inflammation so I sprayed it on my arms and immediately felt this calm.  Magnesium is supposed to be calming but I was amazed at how quickly I felt myself go from panic and crying to feeling only anxious and worried.  I got dressed and then saw welts all over my arms as if from bug bites.  They spread like some sort of allergic reaction very quickly.  I started to panic again.  I drove to the closest pharmacy and bought benedryl creme and pills and started to take them immediately and finally the welts stopped spreading.  I later wondered what the crap happened to me and people tried to tell me that I must have been allergic to the dust but I still feel like it was some sort of spiritual attack or something.  If it was allergy then it was very extreme for me. 

Melanie assume nothing! Everyone's specific experiences with the spirit world are going to be very different in my opinion.  Research everything you can to self educate yourself.  Reach out to your spirit guides and angels and ask them for help and protection every day and thank them for just being there. 

RosieHeart, BlueBelle, RosieHeart and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

Revisiting this thread, because my dreams tend to occur in patterns, and their pattern changed since reading Melanie's post about the vortex in early June.  Don't know if it's the power of suggestion, a metacognitive process involving bringing the unconscious to conscious awareness, or what, but almost all of my dreams now involve standing in the core of a vortex; a tornadic whirl of light with all kinds of print images and scenes from daily life.   Early this morning, the image of a Mediterranean man in a white headdress enjoying a communication he seemed to be viewing from a cell phone hopped out of this whirl into the center.  The man whose energy he seemed to resemble does not wear such entire and is not from the Middle East in this lifetime.  Seems like I may have known him in another lifetime in that attire.  Whenever I think of this vortex, its light whirl seems to represent the karmic hooks and triggers of daily life and standing in the center of it seems to represent the peace and stillness that comes from finding some balance, stepping outside (or inside) of the whirl, and listening to what pops out.  I think I need to contact this individual to just connect in a friendly way.  What I'm wondering, though, is what the vortex represents to others and how they use it or relate to it in meditation.  

ReplyQuote
(@starpath)
Noble Member Registered

Gracesinger, I thought about what you wrote above and what I got was the idea of possibly a transition time for you that may lead to something in your experience or life being different than what you have now...

It reminded me of a period of time in my own life where a turbulent image was the indicator of a busy period of time in my life that was necessary so that I could get to a calmer more pleasant time period in my life.  Does this resonate at all with you?  The vortex is leading you to a different phase in your life.  A tornado is a type of vortex that lifts something up and moves it to another place when the winds slow down and the storm is over.  If this doesn't resonate than I hope someone else has some ideas to offer you...Blessings

RosieHeart, Laynara, RosieHeart and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

That does make sense, and, gosh, I hope so, Starpath.  Thank you!

ReplyQuote
(@starpath)
Noble Member Registered

Gracesinger, hope in time you get a better idea what the vortex means to you and let us know later what it was about.  I was also curious what others who see a vortex during meditation think--does the vortex always lead to another destination?  Is it mainly for astral travel or sometimes about something else?

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

Maria, triangle is the very first symbol I was ever given through visioning in the 70s or early 80s. At then time I used it for connection.The cross in a circle came in the late 80s, early 90s and was used for protection and direction.  I placed it everywhere but kept it very private onto myself until 1996 when I shared it with my spiritual mentor...Spanish born parents who raised their children in South Africa, Australia and finally ended up in America. Now, I carry 100s of sacred symbols in my heart and through my hands. I treasure each contact with anyone who feels their connection through vision, dream, or synchronistic occurrences so thank you for that.

ReplyQuote
(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered

I just noticed people are still posting on this thread and came to have a look.

On seeing a vortex... I have seen two kinds. One kind is more like a tornado. The other kind is more like a spiral. Lately, I've been getting the feeling that I shouldn't follow the tornadoes too much, because they are increasingly leading to deserted places in the middle of nowhere. Maybe that's just me. The spirals I think are still OK. They seem to change the place I'm in, rather than take me somewhere else. I think it's important to enter spirals from the right direction so that changes will be towards harmony rather than towards chaos. But I still get confused about how to best go into them.

BlueBelle, Michele, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

Maria, I haven't tried entering the vortex and not sure if I want to. But in healing energy work, I use clockwise for entering into and giving and counter clockwise for pulling out and receiving or removing. May or may not work for you and this.

Another option is hop skipping if that makes sense, think zigzag,  that's how i was taught long ago to go into astral energies and keep safe and protected. This might be your tornadoes leading planes of emptiness feeling you described.

Zig zagging here might mean ring to ring of the swirl. Try it, see how it feels.

As far as your description of feeling changes in you, directions can be like the swatiska..one direction manifested by Hitler became a symbol of evil manifest but the original version was a sacred Buddhist (also Hindu and many Chinese religions) symbol of protection.  Both basic crosses with bent arms but each spinning in opposite direction from each other. All the difference in the world for both intent and manifestation.

BlueBelle and BlueBelle reacted
ReplyQuote
(@melanie)
Topic starter  

Hello out there :) I hope everyone is having a great weekend!!  Here's my thoughts on the vortex

I have not experienced the vortex, as a tornado, where I'm in the middle of it. My experience with a vortex happens when I look with my "third eye" and everything starts spinning infront of me..

I do this by laying with my eyes closed and I focus my eyes to the area of the "third eye". At first it sort of feels like I'm crossing my eyes in an upwards way. Once I lock into looking through this area of my head, it's no longer darkness that I would see if I just closed my eyes. Images, faces, objects, lights and colors dance around and pop up, this is when I experience the vortex. All of the images and lights will suddenly merge together in a spinning circular motion. There is often a drawing of my attention to the center point of the vortex, either a bright orb of light or deep captivating darkness. When I focus on the center of the vortex, sometimes it will tunnel out. It feels like it's inviting me to go on a journey and I can choose to follow and explore where it leads. I would like to know who or what decides where the vortex takes us.. Not knowing where I'll  end up or who awaits at the end often keeps me from entering the curious vortex..

My personal thoughts on your experience with the tornado vortex are different from what I would consider the general interpreting sign of the tornado/vortex being chaos in a person's everyday life.

I could be totally wrong but I thought I'd share what came to my mind on you..

You standing in the center of this vortex is a good thing. It's your awareness that separates you from your everyday life and I think you are doing what you do best and stepping back and assessing life from a different angle and viewing the big picture.

I think you do this in many situations in your daily life and this comes from the love and respect you have for your inner truth. However, I think that there is a deeper meaning or message for you to be experiencing this subconsciously.

I think this is showing you something that you know needs to be done due to your awareness and the ability to step back and view things as an entirety. I think youre being shown “what is”. I think it is prompting you to assist in changing it. Possibly, it's prompting you to help guide others into more of an awakened and aware state of consciousness.

I feel like you understand and value the truth within yourself and this brings a “stillness” within you. As life swirls around you, you remain grounded in the stillness and truth you have within yourself. You understand that life is not always predictable and the world around you is not always dependable. And while this world is full of uncertainty, you really value the dependability in yourself that keeps you grounded.

You have an awareness that most do not, and I think it gives you peace and stability I think this gives you the ability to step back from the chaos, to step back from the limelight, to step back and be able to see the bigger picture and the greater purpose in all things. Which is the whirlwind around you.

I think that the reason you are in the eye of the tornado--you have an awareness that allows you to view things differently

I think you are standing alone in the eye because-- you've found that you can depend on yourself and you find truth in yourself

I think the tornado spinning around you is-- life. Life being played out and intertwined.

I think you saw a familiar mans energy in an unfamiliar turban because-- a.) Cultural message- everything is intertwined   b.) This persons identity- possibly living a double life- or it's a personal message for him.. I do think you should tell him your vision just as you saw it.

Thanks

Melanie

ReplyQuote
(@melanie)
Topic starter  

Quick curious question

Re: True Rife Focus Frequency Machine

I found this machine in my friends closet.  He fed my curiosity and let me take it home with me so I could try it out.. 

There are these goggles that flash lights at different speeds and colors and earphones with certain frequency beats. . And on the software to run the machine you can choose a purpose and it will match the frequencies to align. You can choose the brain wave (Delta, alpha.. ) states or even ones that say "Awareness and Ascension.. ". 

Im Curious if anyone has ever tried meditating while using a machine like this and what their experience was..

Thanks

Melanie

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

Melanie, wrong section for this but it probably wasn't responded to when you first asked about it on the blog because we could tell by the name and description it was one of many long time scams.

A little research showed jts description in a book edited by respected Dr. Andrew Weil.

The reference states:

"Despite the fact that it has long been medically discredited, the Rife machine is still around, doing more harm than good. In 2007, the Seattle Times reported the case of a Washington state couple who were indicted for medical fraud. They operated a treatment center in their home using a Rife machine among other bogus devices. The man posed as a physician, and his wife scheduled appointments and, according to the news account, also warned patients not to talk about the treatment they received because it was “unapproved and clandestine.” One of their patients, a 32-year-old man who had been diagnosed with testicular cancer, refused the immediate surgery his physician had urged and instead underwent a year”s worth of treatment with the Rife machine at the cost of several thousand dollars. He died in 2004 leaving a wife and three young children.

Rife machines don’t work. When dealing with cancer, first determine what conventional therapies have to offer. Then try to find an oncologist who is open to an integrative approach;

Integrative Oncology edited by Donald I.Abrams, M.D. and me (Oxford University Press, 2009).

Andrew Weil, M.D.

Melanie, RosieHeart, Melanie and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4
Share: