Notifications
Clear all

Validating What We Sense  

RSS

(@lovendures)
Noble Member Registered
10/28/2019 12:16 am  

Today I chanted  for a wedding.  The wedding was  small, about 35 people, and only family members were present.  The Uncle of the groom passed away a few years ago after his body rejected his  transplanted heart.   The family and extended family are very close and his loss was deeply felt.  He was a beautiful man.

Today, as the groom walked down the aisle, I thought of his uncle and how much the groom reminded me of him.  I had no doubt his Uncle must be there in spirit watching the wedding and know he would have loved the day.   I wasn't just remembering him though, I thought I might be sensing something.  Over the past few years, I have begun to follow up on some of the things I sense to see if there might be more to the story.  So in this case, my continued thought of  " Gee, xxxx sure reminds me of his Uncle today"   led me to speak to the groom's father.  I told him of how I saw his brother in his son  today.  He told me that his son and his brother both resembled his father.

Hmm.  Ok.  But...was there more?

So I then went up to the aunt of the groom, who is the widow of the uncle. We have a nice repore together and I know his death has been very difficult for her.  Anyway, I  mentioned to her  how much her nephew reminded me of her husband today.  She smiled a knowing smile at me and said: "You know, today happens to be xxx'x birthday". 

That was the missing puzzle piece.  The nephew and the uncle now shared a special day together, wedding and birthday.  I knew logically he would likely be present 'watching" the service, but this was the added layer to the strong connection I was feeling.   

This was a reminder that those little "knowing thoughts" can have an interesting explanation but I must be willing to dig a bit deeper to find it.  

Lenor, Lilinoe, Laura F. and 3 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Noble Member Registered
02/05/2020 2:31 am  

I have been reading some passenger accounts about the Diamond Princess Cruise ship whip is under quarantine in Japan.  10 people have tested positive for the Wuhan virus and a passenger who disembarked a few days ago and has the virus now is the likely person who spread it.  

So the passengers are now quarantined in their cabins and not allowed to leave. It is a 14 day quarantine.  They had about 15 hours without any food on day one. of confinement  as the food from the ship was suspect.  The Japanese government has forebidden smoking of any kind. and those who smoke will have a tough time dealing with nicotine withdrawals.    People who have a balcony can use it but those in an inside cabin are stuck there without fresh air or sunlight.  Doors can not be opened.

After reading these accounts a song popped into my head and I could not get it out. I knew many of the words but looked it up to make sure I  got them all.  

It is such a haunting song.

Yep, it was definitely a message. Those poor passengers.

White Bird     Performed by It's a Beautiful Day

White bird
In a golden cage
On a winter's day
In the rain
White bird
In a golden cage
Alone
The leaves blow
Across the long, black road
To the darkened skies
In it's rage