Notifications
Clear all

Sprit Guides/ Guardian Angel experiences

(@dharmainfrisco)
Eminent Member Registered
Topic starter  

I just wanted to hear from others if they have cross paths with their spirit guides or guardian angels? And what kind of lessons or experiences can they share with us?

ReplyQuote
(@zoron)
Illustrious Member Registered

Ever since this kundalini-like experience I had in a dream when I was about 40, I feel this vibration in the upper middle of my back between my shoulder blades, mostly when I'm worrying about something.  It always feels like a gentle reminder that I'm not alone.  Also, when I've made a decision about something I've been fretting about, this feeling will well up inside of me, like words but not words; just a strong message that means, "Trust."  I always do angel prayers when I drive or someone I love is on a trip or something is wrong.  Again and again, miracles happen as a result.  I replay one in my mind a lot.  Many years ago I was driving a car and my daughter was in the passenger seat.  I was turning left and this guy was cranked up on something sped up his truck to make it through the light even though I was already turning left in the middle of the intersection.  I saw bright light in front of my daughter's seat and in front of me on the left.  My car was totaled but neither my daughter nor I were even jiggled in our seatbelts.  There are just countless moments in time that I felt profoundly, completely loved, when I was alone or troubled and other times when events unfolded because of something so much greater than I am or anything that I did.  

Michele, Jeanne Mayell, RunestoneOne and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

I have several spirit guides that pop in and out, depending on what's going on in my life. Several of them are ancestors. Most are not. At one point in my life, about 10 years ago, ALL the guides were around me. I was at a bit of  a crossroads and not sure what to do with my life. I would meditate and ask them all to speak one at a time, but for a while there I got the sense they were arguing. So I had a "full council" of guides for a while. I confirmed what was going on - first a wiccan friend told me that my guides were being rather rambunctious, and then she described each one to me in detail. Some of them were new to me at the time. Then I went to a friend who is psychic/medium, and she also confirmed each being on the "council".  As I moved forward and became more enlightened in general, they dropped off, and only 2 or 3 of them remain, but on an intermittent basis. They pop in when I'm in crisis, usually, although one time 2 of them kind of played a prank on me... it was funny and harmless though.

Jeanne Mayell, RunestoneOne, BlueBelle and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@diana11)
Reputable Member Registered

Hi Dharma,

I have 3 spirit guides and a tiger as a spirit animal but I only talk to one of my guides. I "met" him about 20yrs ago doing the psychic circle and he actually did not want to talk to me but I persisted! Eventually I learned to speak to him in my head and he will answer me when I call him. He doesn't really tell me much - free will and all - but he will reassure me or comfort me if I need it. He likes to go clothes shopping with me and tell me what looks good and what doesn't :)  He has a great sense of humor but he also pushes me to use my gifts, seek the answers, and truly co-create - especially this year!! When I get a psychic reading I always ask the reader if they can see my guides and they always describe him the same way ( I cannot see spirits but I'm clairaudient and clairsentient). I call him Jake - his name sounds similar to that and he's Native American. Other friends of mine that can see, have seen him and described him to me and I find that fascinating. He's currently helping me navigate and understand this book I'm reading called "The Book of Mastery" by Paul Selig which is about self-development and co-creating - he's really pushing that co-creating on me. I used to ask him for help but now he's teaching me that I don't need to "ask", I can do it myself thru intention. He's a big part of my life and I love that he's always there - it brings so much fullness and comfort to know that he's there with the whole army of guides and angels. 

Jeanne Mayell, RunestoneOne, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@natalie)
Noble Member Registered

I don't know why but I keep thinking that my spirit guide at least one of them is called Patrick. He seems like a druid type to me. I could be just imagining it but during meditation he comes up, he has a great humor about him. 

Jeanne Mayell, RunestoneOne, LalaBella and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

Natalie - could be! I have a Tibetan-Buddhist monk, a Hopi Shaman (the Shaman used to also work with a friend of mine, we used to "share" him, eventually he told my friend his name after telling both of us "A name is just a name, doesn't matter."). There are others, but the monk and the shaman will at times be together with me, and yes, they have a sense of humor, once or twice they've been like a comedy team!

ReplyQuote
(@paul-w)
Noble Member Registered

My wife and I once talked to a medium who told me that my spiritual "squad leader" that I had incarnated with (and had died by this point) was the first person in line to talk to me. She described by first boss, a little Italian woman who helped run the mom-and-pop grocery store where I both hung out in my younger years and worked while in HS. I felt a strong connection to the whole family and my boss in particular. Looking back, it all made perfect sense.

Jeanne Mayell, diana11, RunestoneOne and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@runestoneone)
Noble Member Registered

Interesting how it appears a sense of humor is requisite for the job of spirit guide! (Well, think about it. Makes perfect sense...)

I went to a medium once who told me my Grandfather is one of my guides. She said he had red hair (true), was preaching the gospel on the other side (he was a Methodist Minister) -- and he liked to crack really bad jokes! (also true.)

-R1-

LalaBella, Jeanne Mayell, diana11 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I love this thread.  

I've seen a few guides. A  beautiful female goddess back when I was in my 30's, who helped me learn the cards, and gave me symbols for meanings, and guided me to what I do now. I felt she was literally teaching me how to read the symbols that came to me in my head, like a grade school teacher teaching me to read.  

Before that I have heard voices guiding me in times a major stress.  When I lost someone close to me, I got instructions as I sat freaking out on the edge of my bed. Do this. Don't do that.  It will be okay.  You will be okay.  

Once while teaching Tarot to group of women the female spirit decided to come right into me while we were meditating together. That had never happened before. I'd seen it happen to Whoopee Goldberg in Ghost but I'd never expected it to happen to me. lol 

During the moment before it happened, the men in my house (my brother and husband) just up and decided they wanted to leave and go watch a tv boxing match at my brother's house. So we women were alone in the house with my two sleeping toddlers. I believe she came into me only once the men had left.

It was an incredible experience.  I normally can't remember people's names and there were eight women there. Before the class I was running around trying to look up their names so I could address them by name during class. I never got that list together.  But when this lovely spirit came into me, and even with my eyes closed, she knew each person's name as I went around the room addressing each one.

I could feel each person's energy as a tiny trembling bird. I don't remember what words came through me, but it was so incredibly loving and pure. Everyone was silent and still. The following month she returned twice when I was mediating with a woman named Ellen who I'd roomed with at a spiritual center the year before.   Ellen and I have remained friends now for 30 years. I think the spirit came into me when I was meditating with Ellen because of our great resonance. 

Then for ten years,  (early 1990's to about 2008) I  had a male guide who wanted to talk to one of my clients.  His name was Anton. He reminded me of John the Baptist, complete with robe and beard.  He was concerned that this client do something to stop the fossil fuel burning. This client had influence in the venture capital world, but he was not interested in environmental issues.  Then one day my client asked me to check on Anton and whether he had any messages.  But when I checked, Anton was sitting still and silent. He said it was too late.  He wasn't mad. He just said it matter of factly.  That doesn't mean it's too late to do anything ever, but for that person, it was. 

Then along came Singing Eagle, a Native American guide whose been awesome. His main issue is that everyone find their authentic self. The rest will play out very nicely, he says. He helps bring people to me who are part of his tribe but are living here on earth and have been a bit clouded in the head by living here. He wants to wake them up a little. I think he does something healing to them, because I can feel energies working throughout the morning before people get a reading. That's probably why I can't read more than a couple of people a day. 

Throughout all these 30 years, I would have moments when guides would tell me to sit down and start meditating and they'd give me information. This is where it was light hearted and funny.  So in 1989, they had me sit down and read the coming decades. For the nineties, they showed a little man jogging down a runway, then he became a human airplane and in 1999 he took off like a jet plane. I wrote it down and later realized it matched the Dow Jones Industrial Average throughout the 1990s.   For 2008, they showed me just one thing - a punched pillow!  That was the entire stock market crash - a punched pillow.  

Oh boy, I wrote a long time. I love this subject.  I think people are guided and don't know it.  I have set aside a class in the Intuitive Way to talk about Spirit Guides. I hope it helps people hear them. 

Isabelle, Grace, RunestoneOne and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

I find that sometimes each guide has a specific area of expertise. There's one I have, a female, who only appears to me in medical situations. She shows up to keep me company and keep me calm. My psychic/medium friend told me that she and I were friends in a prior incarnation together, in ancient Greece. She's one who I can actually see when she's around, and sure enough, she looks like a Greek woman from 2000 years ago! Then there are both of my grandfathers, who were both doctors, who used to pop in when I was working as a speech pathologist in the hospital. I couldn't always see them, but I could hear them Sometimes they just had funny comments (they were close friends in real life), sometimes they'd offer encouragement, and once in a while they'd help me confirm a diagnosis. (They've both since moved on to reincarnate, from what I understand.)

Also, some guides or angels may be "assigned" to a specific place. One hospital I worked in, in FL, there was this one room that it seemed to always have as the patient, a very old, frail, sick lady. Different issues (heart, stroke, etc.), but it happened more than several times that I'd be sent to that room to evaluate, and EVERY time I did, the lady in the bed would say "Who is that behind you, standing by the door?". Of course I'd turn to look, not see anyone, but since I've always been a bit more in tune with this kind of stuff, I'd reply "Who do you see? Is it someone you know?" "No, it's a man there, I don't know him" was always the answer, so I'd say, "What does he look like?". EVERY time the description was the same: Tall, red haired with a red beard, wearing a tailored white suit (NOT a lab coat - I clarified that after the first time).  I figured it was probably an angel or guide, but being unsure of the patient's beliefs, I'd just say "Oh him? He's okay, he just works here. Do you want me to tell him to leave or is it ok for him to stand by the door?" They'd always say it was ok. On my way out, I'd mentally thank the spirit as I passed through the doorway. Here's the kicker: EVERY time I'd hear this story, the lady in that room would be dead within 24 hours. So I'm guessing this male spirit or angel was there to help the women in that particular part of the  hospital transition.

BlueBelle, Kim K., Grace and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@runestoneone)
Noble Member Registered

Laura, your guide story made me feel a whole lot better today.  -R1-

LalaBella and LalaBella reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator

As a portrait artist, I spend a lot of time examining faces.  In meditation awhile ago, I asked my spirit guide to reveal his or her face to me. I had a vision of a man whose head was draped in some type of headress or turban that covered his face, except for one eye (the eye I often see when I meditate.). As I watched, he pulled the headdress/scarf off his head, revealing his face, a long, aquiline, intense face. Fierce.  While I still see his eye frequently, I haven't seen his full face again.  I’ve decided I’m glad he’s on my side.

javamyworld, Jeanne Mayell, diana11 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

I love that Bluebelle! I see that strong lion as such a deep part of you! But I instantly pictured Lawrence of Arabia for my visual imagery ? So, if he arrives next on the back of a camel don't be surprised ? But I do love it when they appear to us visually instead of just feeling like energetic presences!

Back in 1971, I asked for 2 spirit guides to reveal themselves in human forms, requesting one male and one female..now keep in mind in my personal belief system I believe we have a multitude of angels and guides. I've had  "earth angels" those who enter our lives for spiritual growth creating energetic shifts etc.(and even a few who showed up in grocery store lines and cheered me job when I was grumpy!) spirit guides who may surround us if we ask, during times we need psycho-spiritual repair...think of super example, John of God in Brazil and his spiritist beliefs that God sends past doctors/healer that incorporate into his physical body...his intense dizzy almost passing out times that create memory shorts as to what just happened as his man self becomes John of God, the Healer in his advanced and amazing psycho-spiritual state, and our own passed on loved ones..human or animal who we talk to, ask for help, or come to cheer us up as known entities. Someone here saw her passed on cat in her hallway.

I psychically requested and saw my requested two..one male  and one female..arrive in an elevator. I heard an elevator coming down, the door sliding open, and there stood two people. The male looked (exactly like his book cover) physically like psychotherapist Carl Jung, and the female was the personification of Mother Earth. I loved it!!

And my pysche/their incorporation...taking over a body or appearing visually in bodies increased my understanding of their sense of humor and our need to laugh at this and everything else that happens unexpectedly. Zoom me up, Scottie..or maybe zoom them down in additional fun and funny guises!

javamyworld, Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: