Notifications
Clear all

Power of Eight Group--Focused Healing Intentions

(@cdeanne)
Noble Member Registered

@pikake If there's still a spot (fingers crossed), count me in!

Jeanne Mayell, TriciaCT, Baba and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pikake)
Famed Member Registered

@cdeanne Yes! You are our 8th member. Welcome to thIs forum’s 1st Power of 8 Group!

lenor, TriciaCT, Grace and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cdeanne)
Noble Member Registered

@pikake What an honor!  Much gratitude.

Jeanne Mayell, TriciaCT, Pikake and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pikake)
Famed Member Registered

Posted by: @pikake

@cdeanne Yes! You are our 8th member. Welcome to thIs forum’s 1st Power of 8 Group!

@sistermoon @coyote @vestralux @dhyanaji @deetoo @jeanne-mayell @cdeanne

We are now 8, thanks to all of you!

Here is a link to an instructional video by Lynne McTaggert on how to conduct a group. https://youtu.be/HTORJd3s3Ws

Jeanne Mayell, Coyote, TriciaCT and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)
Illustrious Member Registered

Posted by: @deetoo

In fact, sometimes I believe my intuitive gifts, and even the gifts of others in this community, can get in my way.  What I intuit, or predictions I may read here, can give me a lot of hope, especially if there are time frames involved.  So if a number of us predict that something is going to occur within a particular window of time, and that doesn’t happen, what does that say about our visions?  

I hope this doesn't come across wrongly because although I'm new to this forum, I've been around metaphysical work for nearly 30 years.  A "failure" of intuition usually results from the interference of the human mind and ego in seeing what's actually there.  When we desire something so fervently (as we do with removing the orange one and his minions), we will often see what we *want* to see in our visions rather than what will or can be.  That does not mean we have failed.  It simple means that we have visualized our human and egoistic hope for what we want; invested our egos and emotions into that hope and made it an intention; and then mistaken that intention for intuition.  This isn't a failure of intuition; it's (in my view) failure to properly or completely disconnect from human ego that causes us to see what we want and instead connect to divine love through which we would see what will be.

I struggle with this all the time, and I'm not sure I've ever actually managed it, to be honest, which is probably why I've never been very good at predicting things. ;-)

Jeanne Mayell, lenor, deetoo and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)
Illustrious Member Moderator

I’m happy to join in a Power of 8 group if we can get a second one going. I’ll read the workbook in the meantime. It looks very interesting! Thanks for posting it @VestraLux and @Pikake for organizing.

BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell, VestraLux and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@pikake

if you still have room for someone in the power of 8 group, I would like to join too,

BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell, VestraLux and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

Just my two cents, and I'm not sure if others who have read the book will agree with me, but from what I understand the Power of Eight does not actually have to be exactly 8 - I think 10 is fine too, if that's what we have after @baba and @loveendures join.

Then, if more people end up joining we can always split off into two groups to keep it as small as possible. 

Also, I can always start a new forum it will help save time for Jeanne; not sure which forum is best -- maybe Positive Predictions? @pikake, let me know if/how I can be of any assistance :)

BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell, lenor and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pikake)
Famed Member Registered

@sistermoon You’ve a leg up on me as you’re further along with the book. As per your suggestion, let’s expand it to 10 unless others have strongly differing opinions. I agree, as more people join, we’ll split up to seed other groups.

Can you help me move this discussion to a new Power of 8 Group forum as I have no clue how to do so? Positive Predictions sounds like a good home.

And of course, any insights on how to frame the intention. How we can drill down from our lofty desires for a cure to the pandemic or a new, sustainable economic order in partnership with Gaia etc. 

@baba @lovendures. Welcome. We are now a Power of 8+2 Group. Would love your input.

So far, in this discussion, we have provided links to an Intention workbook and a step-by-step video on how to conduct a group.

This is exciting. From little points of light grow a lighthouse.❤️

Jeanne Mayell, lenor, Laynara and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pikake)
Famed Member Registered

@cdeanne I am deeply awed by the rapid response and encouraging feedback. Thank you!

Jeanne Mayell, Laynara, TriciaCT and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pikake)
Famed Member Registered

@deetoo I am reading posts out of chronological order, and just realized where my confusion sprang from. I have just informed @jeanne-mayell we have moved all new discussions on the Power of 8 group to a new umbrella. Thanks for letting her know. I hope there’ll be no more confusion after this.

ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@pikake, Okay -- I'm totally confused.  I see there are a bunch of posts that I think were transferred here from the forum that @sistermoon created, but the one I just posted at 5:22pm on that forum isn't included here.  And there are a few others posted there as well.  Are you saying that everything involving the Power of Eight groups should remain under the forum that sistermoon created?  Or are we using this one?  

ReplyQuote
(@pikake)
Famed Member Registered

@deetoo Yes. That should be the only channel of discussion. The posts that are here were transferred from the Great Unravelling and are the discussions from last night. Since this morning, all fresh discussions have been in the one @sistermoon created. But I didn’t adequately inform @jeanne-mayell, so she acted on my request this afternoon to have a new thread created. 

Jeanne, we would like to how move these early-stage discussions thread over to the Power of 8 - Focused Healing Intentions. Rather than imposing on your time, maybe @sistermoon can step in to help once again?

deetoo and deetoo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pikake)
Famed Member Registered

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

Opening this thread for people who want to discuss, join and be part of the concept of a power of 8 group.

@jeanne-mayell, mea culpa.

Sorry, Jeanne for not letting you know earlier. @sistermoon this morning very kindly created a new forum under Positive Predictions. We have moved all discussions to The Power of Eight, Focused Healing Intentions. That is the new home. So as not to bother you more than I have nor aggravate the confusion further, I have asked @sistermoon if she can transfer all these posts to our new home so we won’t have two parallel tracks of discussion? 

Again, my apologies.

BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

Ok, welcome to the Power of Eight thread!

@pikake @vestralux @coyote @deetoo @dhyanaji @jeanne-mayell @baba @lovendures @cdeanne

Here is a link to McTaggart's free workbook if you'd like to take a look.

Here is a link to a short video in which McTaggart explains how to conduct a PoE group.

VestraLux, Pikake, Baba and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Eminent Member Registered

WOW! You guys move fast - i left a reply in the other thread. Would love to be included in the group somehow.  I am a newbie to the forum tho it has become a place of calm for me in the midst if the chaos in past 3 years!  Thanks @ sistermoon for starting new thread.  Thanks to all for great insight & tools!

Share, BlueBelle, Share and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)
Illustrious Member Registered

Thank you, @sistermoon! You're the best.

What do we think about organizing our structure and intentions here, and then moving to email to organize our meeting times (to be done on Zoom, for example). 

Maybe everyone wants a little time to read the book or other information about the process before we go official? 

We might also want to start off with more easily measurable intentions, such as sending healing to someone in our forum community who might be struggling with an illness or surgery? Just one idea. The more we practice together, the more confidence we'll build. And if other groups of 8 are arranged, we could set a date when all groups will focus on a larger scale collective concern.

Thoughts anyone?

@pikake @coyote @deetoo @dhyanaji @jeanne-mayell @baba@lovendures @cdeanne

BlueBelle, Laynara, CDeanne and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cdeanne)
Noble Member Registered

@vestralux I'm very open re: how/when we begin to move forward.  In terms of time zones, I'm in PST.  

Share, BlueBelle, Pikake and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@vestralux, you read my mind (or I read yours) about beginning with measurable intentions.  I too thought about our sending healing to someone with the community.  I really like that idea.

I haven't started to read the book but will be looking at the workbook over the next few days.  Email works for me to organize our meeting times.  I am in Virginia, but since I am retired, I'm pretty flexible with my time.  

BlueBelle, VestraLux, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hi All, a little messy start due to my responding to a request to start a topic and move the post but one had already been started by the time I saw the request and posts were already there and me was not alert.  Then I could not move the earlier posts to the new topic due because the app won't move any posts twice. So I had to move the new topic and the new posts here.  Now all power of eight posts are merged here and in order of dates made. 

One thing that is funny is that no one knows where they are, but you are here.  You are Here!  It's a metaphysical world.  But where is everybody?@Laynara, @Msull1975, @CDeanne, @Pikake, @deetoo  

@coyote

@vestralux

Hellloooooooooooo! Anybody there?????

BlueBelle, Share, VestraLux and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 5
Share: