Notifications
Clear all

Pansychism

(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you Laura! And Gracesinger, yes, yes, yes!

ReplyQuote
(@alice)
Estimable Member Registered

Interesting article . After reading it I had the same thought I commonly have when people say that Extraterrestrials do not exisit. That is, humans are arrogant to believe we are the only species in the Universe.  We humans are arrogant if we don't believe everything is conscious. 

Michele, LalaBella, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@audree)
Trusted Member Registered

I’d like to share an experience I had many years ago. Until today, I’ve only told a few people about this experience. Believe me, I know how it sounds. Just so you know, I have an environmental science degree and a healthy vein of skepticism. But I know this happened. Okay, here goes …

I was sitting at the kitchen table of a woman who was a well-known psychic in the area in which I live. There were several other people at the table. In the center of the table was a rock. This rock was basically round, about five and a half inches in diameter. It was flat on the top, so it wasn’t but about three inches high. My best guess is that it was made of quartzite.

We were just sitting around chit-chatting. The conversation had no particular focus. The lady’s home we were visiting wasn’t even at the table. She was doing something in her kitchen. There was a lull in the conversation. All of a sudden, my attention was drawn to the rock in the center of the table. I felt a consciousness in the rock! It was not like a human or animal consciousness. The best I can describe it was a nature consciousness. I thought I was losing my mind. I didn’t say a word. Then, the girl next to me began describing exactly what I had experienced. Her words were exactly what I had thought and felt. It was as if we experienced the same thing simultaneously. I think we did!

The lady whose home we were in said that the rock begged her to take it with her. So she picked it up and brought it home. I know this is a difficult story to believe. It’s one of those “you had to be there” kind of experiences. Is there consciousness in all rocks? Mountains?  I have absolutely no idea. I just know that there was a consciousness in that particular rock. I don’t know if the consciousness stays put or if it can leave and move on. I don’t know.

Thank you, Jeanne, for hosting this website and providing a place where I can share my experience. Has anyone else had an unusual nature encounter?

Vesta, TaG22, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Welcome Siobhan! Your experience is fascinating to me. I have not experienced anything so unusual/direct. However, as someone who picks up lots of natural objects (I do lots of botanical/nature artwork as well as natural stone jewelry) I often choose things (plants, leaves, stones, etc.) that “speak” to me. Nothing as clear as you describe, and I often wonder if it is just my imagination or artistic interest that draws me to something, but maybe there is some sort of communication going on there? A little more than just, this is pretty?

Thanks for sharing this.

Vesta, BlueBelle, Vesta and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

Thank you so much for sharing this delightful story,  Siobhan.

This is exactly what we are discussing here, that all things inherently have consciousness. They speak to each of us in different ways.

One person is drawn to nature, they love how it looks, feels, makes them feel. Another person might love nature but be drawn to specific elements, an animal,  all animals, the look in the eyes of an animal, the sounds an animal makes.

Different ways of seeing,feeling,reacting and bonding. Another person it's rocks--all rocks, one category of rocks say crystals or gemstones, etc.etc.

You may see where I'm going with this so fill in the blanks...all of the natural world including people, life of any kind, inanimate objects made from originally living things...wood etc or processed or manufactured like steel,  aluminum etc, it goes on and on.

In the end it has to be that all things have consciousness as they speak to us, respond to us by our being drawn to them, or them to us. Look at magnetism..can't see it or hear it's frequency but it pulls in or pushes out.

We are drawn in and hear the call and respond by wanting to have them with us. We bring them home, collect them, hoard them, paint them, draw them,sculpt them,write songs or music about them, books about them, movies etc.etc.

How else can we explain our undeniable attraction to things? Similar or very different  emotions,  messages. People or conscious things sense our interest or attraction and we find kindred spirits,  nature devas, groups to belong to. Our tribe in many, many forms.

Everything comes from the same conscious/ unconscious call of connected energies.  We feel the magnetic pull or we feel the magnetic push and avoid.

Why we are all here , we were drawn or pulled into by interest and magnetic attraction to a conscious energy we felt connected to.

And it is why I started this topic to see if others had understandings and experiences in their own lives of this awareness of consciousness that actually had a name  "panpsychism". The psychic consciousness of earth,  nature, everything.

This is why we say all things are connected. We just are.

And here you are!  Welcome ?

Vesta, BlueBelle, CC21 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

Today, I discovered a delightful story about two penguins in Sydney, Australia

It shows not only animal awareness or consciousness and adaptive resilience, but it also shows symbolically (? ) the love between two animals that have had the ability to connect to our human hearts and goes between gender identity, even for penquins.

I see it as a simple, but lovely sign for the penquins as well as humanity.

In Sydney, two male penguins have paired up and fostered a chick.  Sphen wanted to show Magic how much he meant to him. 

The male gentoo penguin grasped a wet, heart-shaped stone in his beak, waddled to Magic's nest and plopped it down to buttress their nest.

It is a sign of courtship, experts have said, but also practicality. Magic needed to stay huddled over their egg, using rocks to help insulate and warm it.

And Sphen patrolled to protect them both until their adopted chick was ready to meet them.

Their foster chick was born Oct. 19 in Sydney, weighing 91 grams — less than an apple, the Sea Life Sydney Aquarium in Australia noted.

https://www.sciencealert.com/two-male-penguins-in-sydney-have-paired-up-and-fostered-a-chick?perpetual=yes&limitstart=1

Vesta and Vesta reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tag22)
Prominent Member Registered

The penguin article reminded me of a funny story.  A few years ago before Valentine's Day, my husband and I took an online quiz to find out what was our  Valentine Spirit Animal.  We were both penguins.  The quiz talked about how the male penguin presents a rock to the female to woo her during mating season.  On Valentine's Day, my husband surprised me with a beautiful rock. (It was rose quartz).?  It is still one of my favorite gifts!

Vesta, Jeanne Mayell, Michele and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tag22)

I spent alot of time as a child wandering the woods by myself.  I always talked to the rocks and plants.  When I squinted, I could see a white outline of light or their life force.  Now, whenever we hike, I always start out the day by thanking the standing people (trees and plants), the stone people, fairies, animal and nature spirits for sharing their beautiful home with me.  I promise to be respectful and ask for safe passage.  If I have some tobacco or sage with me, I offer a pinch.  Then as my cover charge, I pick up trash along the trail.  I also will place my hands on big rocks and ask them to tell me the history of the place. One time, I heard harmonica music when no one else was around.  Another time, there was the sound of someone running behind me several times.  No one was there when I would turn around. Also, I have had incredible experiences with animals.  Once, I opened my eyes from meditating to find a deer standing ten ft in front of me staring at me.  Another time a mallard came out of the lake I was sitting by and sat on my feet. Both of those times were when I was going through some heartbreak in my life.  It was so comforting.

Vesta, Shawn, lowtide and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

Beautiful TaG22,

You are Panpsychic and one of our tribe  ♥️

Vesta, Jeanne Mayell, TaG22 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tag22)

Thanks, Michele.  I love this tribe. ? 

Vesta, Jeanne Mayell, Michele and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sunshyneblueskyes)
Active Member Registered

what is strange is i was getting ideas for books to write.im not really a pro writer.But one of them is about the energy and tree memories.I also feel when i look out upon my city,Pittsburgh i can see the city vanish i see the settlements prior to white man and the canoes upon the rivers.. I also wandered the woods at a young age ny myself with no fear.On contrary ,i feel so much safer alone in the woods...

Vesta, CC21, Michele and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

@laura-f

Indeed it was. Hahahaha. How and why this thread was started in January 2018. Love you Laura ?

https://www.jeannemayell.com/community/understanding-prediction-and-consciousness/pansychism/

Nonetheless glad you joined the conversation to reiterate the link!

And a simpler one than we used here :

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panpsychism

ReplyQuote
(@moonbeam)

@michele-b Great thread!

Question. How do you feel about having to uproot dead or half-dead plants? Do you treat them the same as I do with trees (see the tree/nature thread) or do you view it as a natural occurrence and just recycle them?

I have great difficulty throwing away plants and always feel guilty when they are dying or doing poorly...

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lowtide)

@audree Siobhan

When I read about your about your encounter it immediately took me to the Bible story of Jesus entering Jerusalem and saying if the crowd should stop shouting, the stones would cry out.

I don’t find your experience crazy, it’s one of those awesome revelations that sometimes come our way!

Jeanne Mayell, Michele, Moonbeam and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: