Clear all

Help negative visions

13 Posts
7 Users
72 Likes
(@superfishy)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

keep seeing visions of what looks like a divorce between my wife and i. I know the place, people and I see maybe something that happens after it where I meet someone else or something. But it apparently I'm assuming I also see other stuff too but I don't want a divorce or any negative visions to keep happening. I also saw where my wife and I were to get married a few years prior, but it wasn't like this where it looks like I see things and they move and talk I assume. I did what people said to do on this forum and go by and or near places to get a stronger reading. I just don't want these visions to happen I want to stay with my wife. Also it would appear a book I wrote a few years ago is catching up to me, because it would seem it has some how predicated some of my future. My thing is how do I change it so we stay together or I can't figure out how to stop it. I have been getting obsessed over it and my wife keeps telling me were not getting a divorce but nothing is making this better. Someone please help make my future visions be positive so we don't end up divorced. Unless someone can pick up on the visions and guide me to the right path to avoid that all. I don't understand it's like its been haunting me for awhile now. I wish I knew when and how. I see my wife and I my mom her father in one room with our son and there with a woman with black hair then I see myself align in a contract maybe because my wife gets sick or maybe its a divorce. It's an office with what looks her fathers friend that's a lawyer that I do not know. I had to look up on the internet to figure it out. Everyone appears to not be happy. Then after that vision I had another vision where I see myself meeting someone at a store and taking to some woman with black hair. Then I see myself in another vision with my mother with the girl with black hair which appears to be a little girl that has blonde hair. None of this makes sense. I don't understand at all. I know this is everywhere but I can't figure it out. I have also been avoiding that same store in fear for awhile because I don't know if I will meet this person.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Superfishy,  thanks for posting.  I'm sorry you are suffering with such scary thoughts.

But Just because  they come into your mind does not mean it will happen. Your brain is a mechanism filled with neural pathways that take you where you focus.   Your brain is like a vacuum cleaner that sucks up whatever you focus on and wires it, then plays it back to you. I don't know why you are getting these particular visions, but I can assure you that many visions we get don't come true. Some just come from thoughts.  Thoughts come from things people have told us, especially things that happened with we were young. They could even becoming from thoughts your parents or their parents had that got transmitted to you when you were little. They also come from books and movies we read. Fears can create visions too - awful visions.   Try not to let your mind focus on those fears unless you are certain they have meaning for you.  Start a daily practice of indulging in positive visions.  How to get more positive visions:   If you are not already doing this, here are some positive practices:

(1) Think of five things you are grateful for about your marriage every day.  Write it down. Thing of five new things  the next day and the next.  Then expand to five things you are grateful for about your life.  Keep it wide ranging and varied.  Do this for 21 days without fail.  Then make it something you do three times a day. Keep going. Watch the youtube by louis Schwartzberg on Gratitude.  When you get up, thing of what you are grateful for - that you have eyes that can see, ears that hear, fresh clean water you can drink, etc. 

(2) Think at least once a day for about five minutes of events in your life that were really wonderful.  Then saver them in your mind. Imagine them all over again. 

(3) Do random acts of kindness once (at least) a day.

That's a start. There are many more. Happily.com may help.

If you already do all this stuff, then write back.

BlueBelle, Laynara, Melissa and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

It might help to do a guided (positive) meditation every day - there are many free online, just google it. I would also suggest envisioning a happy future for you and your spouse, when thoughts start to stray to the negative, will your mind to change them to something positive. If you need more reinforcements or structure, I suggest finding a kind therapist - someone who is open to helping you do some guided meditations and visioning in person. Sometimes it takes an objective, uninvested, third person to help us clarify things.  And to echo what Jeanne said in a different way, remember - THOUGHTS ARE NOT ACTIONS. Heck, if they were, I'd be in jail by now, having killed a certain narcissistic orangutan with my bare hands... but I digress. Bottom line, don't isolate, don't try to cut the bad thoughts off, let them flow but try to create more positive ones.  

Another useful exercise is to look around the room and find ONE thing you're grateful for, write that down. Do this once a day in any room you find yourself in. This might be a good way to ramp up to what Jeanne suggests.

Hang in there. Much peace to you.

BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell, Melissa and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

We care about you, Superfishy. There are many here who have had negative thoughts, bad visions, and have seen things we thought were going to happen that did not ever happen. It is as Jeanne has said.

Every single time you have a bad, scary, or negative though...think in your head, or even better say out loud..."Cancel Cancel" it helps to reinforce the canceling of the negative thought by giving a command to the brain. Think of your brain as the computer for your body.  It helps to reinforce the reprogramming command of "Cancel Cancel" with the making of a simply sensory circuit of connection.Touch your thumb and first pointer finger of your right hand together as you say or think "Cancel Cancel". It is an ancient point for creating a memory circuit that connects mind, body, and spirit. With these two combined techniques done repeatedly in unison it will break the negative pattern of thought. Cancel Cancel.  Over and over, stop the negative thought by saying cancel cancel. . Over and over, stop, the negative vision by saying cancel cancel. Over and over stop the negative pattern..cancel cancel.

Bit by bit, day by day, positive reframing and retraining will retrain your brain, your thinking circuits.

All of the other wonderful suggestions that helping, caring Jeanne and helping, caring, Laura have said here will all help. What i, helping ,  caring Michele have said ..all of us here , all of us connected, all of us believing in goodness and caring and light will help.

Start simply, make a plan. Write it down, add in other things as explained when they feel right. Feel us here. Think of us here. We are reaching out to you from our hearts. We hear you, we care about you, we are helping you.

You can do this.

Laynara, LalaBella, Jeanne Mayell and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Tee
(@tee)
Honorable Member Registered

Again, a thread that seems like its written for me, with so many answers and gifts that I didn't know I needed. I for myself are very grateful for all you wonderful people here and especially for Jeanne for putting so much work into this tremendous forum! Love to you all and thank you!!

Laynara, Jeanne Mayell, Melissa and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@melissa)

Yes, agree. I will try these too! Thanks, everyone.

Laynara, Jeanne Mayell, Michele and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@luminata)
Noble Member Registered

Super fishy,

There are some wonderful suggestions here!  Another thing I do when I'm in a negative feedback loop is to get outside.  Preferably to a park - somewhere away from the concrete jungle.  Nature has a way of balancing the negative things we pick up and over think.  A good walk amongst trees and grass with the sky so vast overhead clears my mind and puts me back in touch with the good things that surround us every day.  In your case, have your wife join you.  Doing positive things with her will counteract the negative feedback loop your mind is stuck in, and change the groove of your thoughts.  In my experience, doing always overrides thinking.  Sending positive, peaceful energy your way!

BlueBelle, LalaBella, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@superfishy)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Its still really scary its hard to find a way to fix this for me. I dont know how to get rid of these thoughts or visions bcy visions some cone true are there any other things that i can do 

ReplyQuote
(@superfishy)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you all as well

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

Superfishy, all of the things we have shared are forms of positive thinking and visioning, and mind over matter relaxation and distraction techniques for creating new neural pathways, new ways of looking at, and reacting to old habits and nevative habits. Breaking a habit of any kind takes focused intent..every day for three weeks..some experts say 23 days..or more.

None of them work magically or instantly any more than medicines do. Think of an antibiotic you are prescribed for a bad infection. The directions are usually take so many pills,  so many times a day for lets say usually 10 days.

If people forget to take their antibiotic pills or cheat by using something else, or stopping too soon, the infection is not properly treated and they still feel terrible. Even if it seemed better after 1 day if they did not take it for the full 10 days, the infection comes back.

Mental health is the same way. We have to do good, think good, act good and believe in good and our mind believes we can do it and we feel better and do better. But it takes a while of focused deliberate,  often major change before we feel better all the time.

It's like exercise or meditation releasing or relieving stress. They are practices and different ways of reacting to stress by creating a different way of doing things instead of doing the same old things...say, watching tv or eating all the time...when stressed.

We need new healtheir practices and not saying or doing or worrying about the same things. 

If you are in crisis, if you feel desperate, and think there is no help for you let's say,  then you probably need professional evaluation for what is causing these negative problems that are feeling so hopeless right now.  You are feeling stuck, and scared, and want tbese bad thoughts to end.

At that point, you need to call for help with a professional mental health practioner. There are many real good ones nowadays that specialize in anxiety and depressive disorders.

And many of them today are behavorial therapists who can help you work through these truly frightening thoughts and fears. Many of the things, the practices are similar to our suggestions,  but they can give you supervised plans with checkins for being helped or not and perhaps evaluate further medical health if there are physicals reasons creating these mental anxieties and dreams and fears.

We are all thinking of you, caring about you, and wanting you to be helped. Don't give up, check out medical and mental health  resources in your area for help.

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Tee and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Tee
(@tee)

Superfishy, I second Michele's words! There is only so much a website like this can offer and at times it is important to get some professional help. I know from experience that reaching out for help can be scary and deeply uncomfortable because you have to open up in person while the anonymity of the web offers a sense of security. But it can make a world of a difference. We are rooting for you!

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Michele and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Superfishy,  The brain  is like a vacuum cleaner - it sucks up whatever you focus on or expose yourself to, and wires it.  Then the wiring, which are neural networks, feed back to you what you've put in there.  So fill your brain with gratitude and happy stuff, and avoid scary stuff, avoid scary movies, news stories, scary books and podcasts.  

LalaBella, Paul W, LalaBella and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@superfishy)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

I mean premonition, not visions. I keep seeing premonitions of these events. 

ReplyQuote
Share: