https://www.lionsroar.com/transforming-the-heart-of-suffering/

Love, light, and healing prayers,
💜 MIchele

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Registered
11/25/2019 5:26 pm  

@michele-b-here-in-the-forum

Thanks for providing the links.  I am reviewing them now.  This sounds like something I might do, if I knew about it.  Which I didn't.  But then again, maybe be I "knew" on a different level.  

ReplyQuote
(@starpath)
Registered
11/25/2019 8:44 pm  

Last Sunday I dreamed that I was in a small town in a depression-era time.  The beginning of the dream just seemed to be information.  In this dream I started with learning that if I watched a movie the main actress would either stop at some point in the movie to give me a recipe for her personal homemade face lotion or that it would be given out at some point and that this was used as a lure to get women to see the movie.  My dream self knew that no one could afford to buy face lotion anymore so homemade recipes were precious and the only way lotions were available to women.  Then I learned that some men were out hunting and killing snakes for supper, maybe to put in soup?  Then I was shown rain hitting furniture that was put out in the yard and I was concerned it would all get ruined.  No one seemed to care.  Then I was shown a scene in which a man visits a farm to see the young single woman there.  He is unconcerned and seems to act as if he has a right to do what he wants.  He pays the woman little attention because he wants to see the farm equipment and maybe use some of it to mow the grass.  The woman’s brother doesn’t want him to use their farm equipment and I look and see the land is parched and dry and dead looking anyway…nothing to mow or harvest.  The girl seems to know she has little say in anything.  I suddenly realize the man who came to court the girl is wealthier than the girl’s family and he feels he has authority due to his position and wealth to do whatever he wants.  He pays little attention to the young woman because he feels she is his for the asking due to his wealth.  He seems like a selfish rich boy who gets what he wants.  He even criticizes how they have arranged and organized the farm as if he has the right to tell them what to do.  Then I wake up and I hear a song from spirit…the song is a Stevie Wonder song titled, “Living for the City”.  The song lyrics speak of struggling black family who face racism and other hardships—struggling to survive but doing so with dignity.  So I found it odd the dream was about white people in the countryside living in an economic depression and the song was about a young black man who leaves rural Mississippi to live in New York City for new opportunities and still has hardship and struggles. 

I admit I am worried about the situation in the US and there are many reasons I worry.  So maybe this dream is just a reflection of that.  However also hearing the song after the dream (which woke me up at 3 or 4 am) leads me to believe there is also something spirit is trying to tell me and I worry that this is a potential future for the US—where we are poor and struggling in depression era-like conditions with both economic hardship and racial disparity to contend with at a level not seen since the depression.  I feel it is probably an exaggeration of what is a potential future.  A lot of my dreams exaggerate a little and I think I am supposed to look at the overall vibration of the dream and get that it means this vibration is coming in some form—not exactly like the dream but similar in some way or another.  I think the dryness of the land despite the rain in the scene with the ruined furniture is a symbol of hardship.  The rain is more of a symbol of hard times also, depressingly I knew the rain was only going to make life more difficult and not better=ruined furniture.  I am living here and worrying about our future as a country and I keep coming back to the idea that we can all survive what is coming but it may feel rather different than what we are used to…just like the last three years with Trump as president and his horrible administration in power has felt wrong but we all will survive it.  We learn to become stronger and do what we have to do to survive.  If the economy crashes people will go back to the ideas that were more prevalent in the depression of saving for a rainy day and not wasting anything in case you need it for the future.  I hope it is mostly my own personal worries for the nation and does not really happen of course…

This time period has felt so weird to me with Trump as president.  I was so shocked and sad the first year…now I am used to it but not happy with it.  I sense a potential end to the Trump presidency and I don’t hold my breath for it to happen but I observe what happens and his presidency keeps changing every day—like those time lapse footage films of food rotting.  It reminds me of that.  Still some people cling to the image of him as he was portraying himself as and not as he really is—rotting meat, spoiled milk--a sort of food poisoning for our country.  

Jeanne Mayell, TriciaCT, Lilinoe and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Registered
12/01/2019 1:15 pm  

@starpath

I think your dream interpretation is spot on, thanks for sharing it.

As someone who plays with language a lot (and I am in the middle of a migraine right now, so that may be part of what I'm about to say), the words furniture and future kind of meld together in my brain because they are so similar.  So maybe ruined furniture = ruined future.

Then again I was born a pessimist...

ReplyQuote
(@cdeanne)
Registered
12/01/2019 1:34 pm  

@starpath

Perhaps your dream was a past life memory, given to you now with the aid of Spirit.  My experience with past life memories is that they always arise when the experience/strength/perspective/insight they hold is especially important to the present.

ReplyQuote
(@starpath)
Registered
12/01/2019 10:40 pm  

Laura F. thanks for sharing your wordplay idea.  Your idea is an interesting thought and I actually feel like that is a strong possibility in an intuitive way.  I went over what ruined furniture represents to my logical or waking mind and I got things like “eviction”  “abandonment” and “poverty”.  People put out furniture if it has no use, has bedbugs or is very ugly/smelly due to some type of damage to the point of them not wanting it anymore, even if they can’t afford new furniture.  They leave it outside or dump it hoping someone else will haul it away.  My intuitive self gets even a worse vibe similar to your “rained on furniture=ruined future”--something being “ruined” really fits that vibe.  I don’t think I would have gotten that idea so thanks for your help.  I hope the US economic future is not ruined.  I have had a whole series of dreams now suggesting hard financial times in the US so that makes me ponder this subject a lot.  Possibly the dreams are about my particular area of the US? I live in the southeast... As I mentioned before, my spirit guides really exaggerate to help me remember the dream.  They know I like movies so they tend to show it as a movie with some huge drama in it but if it actually happens it will be a much weaker vibrational version, so don’t freak out my friends, we will be ok…

CDeanne I actually had the same thought because the look and feel seemed so much in the past.  However, once the rich guy shows up and wants to use their mower I suddenly feel it isn’t the past anymore…I don’t know why.  The dream didn’t show the farm equipment but I feel like it is more modern type tractors/mowers.  Suddenly the old timey feel seems like it is part of getting the message across to me more than anything.  The depression era feeling or ambience was important for me to remember from the dream.  That vibration would look very different if it played out in our present reality but the feeling could still manifest again. 

The other point to mention against this dream being about a past life is that I’ve had dreams that suggested a past life before and in those dreams one person is always the focus of the whole dream and I usually feel some connection to them--either I have a similar type of problem in my life that they have or I have had a longing to be in the same career as the person in the dream.  The connection shown to me in the dream is usually pretty obvious.  I had a whole series of dreams during many months where I was another person or I was watching another person as the whole focus of the dream and it was fun and interesting, but then it stopped.

Jeanne Mayell, Lilinoe, Laura F. and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@mamaly)
Registered
12/04/2019 7:25 am  

Hi - I've been viewing things on the site for a while. Enjoy reading the predictions - and really like Jeanne's meditation. Thought I'd share a dream I had last night. I appreciate folks thoughts.

I dreamt that I was in a two-story house (just me and not my husband or children). The house had mountains surrounding it on two sides (to the side and behind. If you were facing the houses, the mountains were behind the house and to the left. If you were in the house looking out, the mountains were behind the house and to right.) Not large mountains (i.e. not the Rockies) - but smaller mountains, like the Appalachians. I had a warning of an impending landslide. (Not sure from whom I received the warning.) I was going to do my exercises and yoga, but didn't and heeded the warning and got out of the house instead. (Funny - I don't do yoga or much exercise). I don't know or remember where I went. I later learned that a landslide from the mountains to the side of the house had taken out all the homes in the area. There weren't many homes. In addition to my home, the landslide had taken out the home of a much loved cousin who lives in central western NC (although I haven't spoken with her in a while) and an old neighbor to whom I was very close when we lived next door and who lives in western PA (who also, ironically lives near the bottom of a small mountain). I came back to the area and saw a rushing river that was normally quite small running down from the left to the right in great torrents through the area where a handful of houses once stood. There were kayakers and boaters being swept down in the torrent (presumably folks who had been boating or kayaking near the top of the mountain before the landslide). The river, with its banks enlarged and broken, was sweeping the boaters/kayakers down and to the left - most were ok and were successfully navigating the rushing waters. I don't remember much else, except being quite upset about my cousin and her family and my old neighbor.

I've had premonition dreams in the past involving major events, usually fairly personal and related to people I know well or to my career (e.g. tornados taking out my place of employment and then in real life the major company declaring bankruptcy a few weeks later, or a very close friend that got engaged and didn't tell anyone, and in real life I learned this was true when I asked her). Not quite sure what to make of this dream, though. I am an independent contractor for my career - so there tends to be quite a bit of ups and downs when it comes to work anyway, and I can't imagine anything hugely momentous happening on the job front - I have several clients currently and don't sense impending doom from any of them. As for family/friends, there was no one in the house but me, and the family member and friend in the dream live several hundreds of miles apart and don't know each other. (I live almost equidistant between them.) I also am not as close to either of them as I once was, so we don't talk often. 

This dream was strange enough, and had enough symbolic imagery that I thought I'd share. I welcome anyone's ideas on the matter.

Kind regards,

Mamaly

ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Registered
12/04/2019 12:02 pm  

Welcome, @mamaly !

Your dream resembles a lot of visions and dreams others on here have had regarding climate change and the environment, so head over to those threads when you have a chance.

Meanwhile, you may have been foreseeing multiple environmental disasters. I read something in the news recently about coal mining and gas fracking, polluted waterways and flooding. Long story short, the coal/fracking industry dumps their chemical waste into local watersheds, or in some cases into "containment ponds". As weather in the eastern US gets more severe, these waste products either overflow their containment systems or leach into groundwater, and then are washed into public water supplies. The landslides you saw may have been toxic sludge from these same processes, that gets piled high. The fracking can even lead to earthquakes in an area, and so not unthinkable that there would be a quake that's just enough to shake toxic water or sludge loose.

When these types of pollution do "escape" into local ecosystems, it can not only damage property, but can also make people in large swaths of area get sick - either immediately or long-term with cancers and autoimmune diseases.

So to me your dream represents your concern for your friends/relatives, even if they are far apart. You may be sensing that they may be affected by these issues sooner rather than later. And you are clearly worried that you will be living your own life unaware that this is happening to them. Maybe, with holidays approaching, it's a good time to reach out and check in with them.

Peace.

Jeanne Mayell, TriciaCT, Unk p and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@mamaly)
Registered
12/04/2019 2:32 pm  

@laura-f

Thanks, Laura. Great thoughts on climate change. I will definitely check out the other forums. Thinking through some of the similarities/consistencies in the dream...

In the Dream

• All the houses were flattened, leaving only the foundations visible.
  • No large businesses, no large communities. All smaller 2-story homes
  • I saw no injuries or bodies, but know that people were 'devastated' (I don't know if this meant they physically died or symbolized some other loss - i.e. climate, economic, etc.)
  • There were no 'groups' of people. Everyone was represented as an individual - i.e. individual kayakers, individual (but empty smaller boats being swept away), individual family members/friends.

In Real Life

• Both individuals that were brought to mind in the dream actually live in the "Piedmont" region of the Appalachians (the foothills of the Appalachians).
  • Both strongly represent the concept of 'independence' - one is retired and the other owns her own firm; both have extremely independent personalities.

Appreciate the opportunity to post this and definitely want to thank folks. For the last six months, I feel I have been experiencing an awakening of sorts. Been keeping a dream journal and exploring meditation and other spiritual practices. But, when you work in a very logical, technical world sometimes it feels you have no 'touch points'. Having this website to come to has definitely been a balm for me.

Lilinoe, Tiger-n-Owl, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
12/04/2019 5:16 pm  

@mamaly @starpath

Thanks for sharing your dreams. I read them both with great interest and noticed both seemed to fit some of the predictions we have of the future.   Starpath's dream reminds me of some of the rural life images I have seen for the longer term future. And Mamly's dream is nothing less than what climate scientists are predicting.  Mountainous areas, even small mountains, are going to be hazardous for the homes and towns that live along the mountain rivers. This scenario will be happening all over the world. 

Women are known for having house dreams, and along with that, furniture dreams. Often we dream about finding a new annex of a house.  But Mamaly's dream is symbolic of emotional overwhelm.

So flooding is both metaphorical and probably literal.  Climate scientists expect the next 30 years to be filled with: (1) floods, (2) droughts, (3) heat waves, and (4) extreme storms.  Last night my town held a climate preparedness talk that focused on these inevitables. 

Landslides and torrents of rain washing out houses also represents emotional overwhelm. All of these developments will have emotionally challenging effects on people.  We are heading into plenty of that.

Laura F., Tiger-n-Owl, Mamaly and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
Page 15 / 15
Share: