Dreams - Personal and Transpersonal - Share with us here  

Page 10 / 10
  RSS

(@coyote)
Registered
28/07/2019 7:40 pm  

I had a dream back in May about rising seas and the future of the economy that I've been wanting to share for awhile:

I'm in lower Manhattan, walking with a late-middle aged woman whose clothes and hairstyle hint that she's rather wealthy. She's proudly talking to me about all of the different ways the area is adapting to coastal flooding. She seems especially proud when she tells me that plans are in the work to encircle lower Manhattan in a berm made entirely out of seaweed. I part ways with the woman at the waterfront near Wall Street, and soon I'm walking out on a very long wooden pier that protrudes into the space where the East River and New York Harbor meet. When I reach the end of the pier, I look behind me, and the Manhattan skyline looks altered. It seems like many skyscrapers have disappeared and that the city is less dense and crowded than it used to be. I get the impression that New York City is no longer the center of power it used to be. Meanwhile, all up and down the pier, families and groups of friends from all racial backgrounds are casting fishing rods and hauling up enormous fish that look like bass, and I smile at the peacefulness of the scene. Actually, everyone's rather joyful and carefree, which is a far cry from NYC's normal neuroticism. They're all aware of the changes that are going on, but they're more intent on being grateful for the present moment.   

Then I'm on a Metro North commuter train heading from NYC to Connecticut, which is where I grew up. I have reunited with the woman I was with earlier, and she introduces me to another late-middle aged woman whose hairstyle and clothing hint at money. Woman #1 tells me that woman #2 lives in Greenwich (Connecticut's uber-wealthy suburb of NYC), and I am shown an image of a redbrick mansion completely surrounded Long Island Sound. I tell woman #2, "So you live in that house on that island?." She nods yes and sheepishly responds "Well it's not actually an island. We're connected to the mainland during low tide." Dream over.

When I went through the long-term predictions on this site, there was a vision posted for the late 2020s that saw wealthy people trying to vainly hold on to their comfortable, decadent way of life while everyone else was adapting to reality. That vision sums up the two women in my dream. They were deluding themselves into thinking that they could maintain their privileged lifestyles despite the blaring obvious (a house increasingly surrounded by the ocean, the cluelessness of thinking a wall of seaweed will hold back the tides).This prediction from Molly for 2026 describes the mood I got from the people who were fishing on the pier: "Simpler life in many ways, happier, picking ourselves out of a big hole." When I saw in my dream that Manhattan looked reduced in stature, I got the sense that that demotion was due just as much to the collapse of our economic paradigm of growth and competition as it was to rising oceans. The people on the pier were joyful because they were no longer constrained by the demands of competing for a wage. In turn, they could focus more on being present and were learning how to live off of the providence of nature (signified by the giant fish they were catching).      

Laura F., herondreams, Michele and 3 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
28/07/2019 11:48 pm  

@Coyote, Interesting dream filled with meaning and prompting so much food for thought.  Thank you for sharing it  

The people fishing on the pier in an odd way reminds me of a vision I had years ago of South Florida near the end of the century.  

The land was gone —flooded over by the sea, and in its place I saw hundreds of pleasure boats — sail boats mainly —enjoying a unique tourist experience of boating over abandoned highways, shopping centers, and hotels and homes.

The easy going atmosphere of a mostly abandoned Manhattan also fits visions I’ve had of the eastern seaboard over the long term. I saw in my minds eye the lower eastern seaboard around the Carolina’s looking ever so peaceful with tropical low lying trees and grasses for miles inland. No roads, shops or residences.  But a place people may go for sport. 

I have no doubt that some cities will build  barriers to stave off the inevitable just as they said in your dream.   

But these are not your father’s rising seas. This is not what the Dutch dealt with for centuries.  This is a level of sea rise that will continue to keep coming, unrelenting, higher and faster than humans had ever dreamed in their worst imaginings.  

So like in your dream, no human activity at this point will save the coastlines and their cities.

your dream also has me thinking that long before Manhattan is flooded over, the big bustling  commercial center of Manhattan will be gone. Perhaps one big storm will send people out of NYC or perhaps it will be a series of storms.  And insurance companies will stop covering the place.   

Interesting about some of the wealthy I’m the dream — the last to act. 

Laura F., herondreams, Coyote and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)
Registered
29/07/2019 1:39 pm  

You're right about the flood barrier plans, Jeanne. The "berm made out of seaweed" mentioned by the woman in my dream was my dream consciousness channeling my previous response to plans NYC is currently making to construct a series of levees, parks, and seawalls along lower Manhattan (dubbed the Big U). I had been extremely skeptical about the viability of those plans, based as they are on linear projections of sea level rise; with the true exponential nature of rising oceans in mind, the city may as well be building a flimsy wall of seaweed.

So when will people finally give up on New York City? My dream left a strong impression that the inevitable implosion of our economic landscape will be one of the "storms" that will make NYC irrelevant. NYC derives its outsize status from the unsustainable growth-based model of investment capital. When members of the financial class start getting laid off in the near- to mid-future because their employers are no longer solvent (think Lehman Brothers bankruptcy times 100), hundreds of thousands of other people, from taxi drivers to day care workers to restaurateurs, will also lose their jobs because their patrons will be out of cash. After all of that, coastal flooding and hurricanes will probably drive the nail into the coffin. I'm thinking of how many residential properties in NYC are insured through the barely-functional NFIP, and also how vulnerable and antiquated NYC's subway system is. Public transit is the lifeblood of New York, and without a robust tax base, city officials won't be able to resurrect the subways from the next major flooding event (or series of floods) like they did after Hurricane Sandy.  

ReplyQuote
(@lilinoe)
Registered
31/07/2019 6:14 am  

I had the following dream two nights ago. I’m including my interpretation, but am interested in what others may pick up about it.

I am at a beach with one or two other people. My husband “AP” is also there. AP wants me to “capture” a perfect wave.  I’m trying to capture a wave by using a software snipping tool, but it is difficult because the waves are too big and breaking too fast. I see a few perfect waves, that is, they are small enough to capture and perfectly formed. As I am watching the water from the edge of the ocean I see an envelope floating on the water nearby. I see it is addressed to AP and has already been opened, with paper still in the envelope. The envelope is from the Sierra Club. I think it is a renewal notice. I tell AP and he tells me to get it. While this is going on I notice there seems to be something big under the water. I think it might be a turtle or maybe it’s just some rocks. Then I see the head of a seal poke out of the water. It’s not a monk seal. I’m surprised. It’s bigger than a monk seal and I think I see some tusks, like a walrus. But I call out “It’s a seal!” The seal then walks out of the water (on two legs) and I see that he is covered in big sores. He (I know it is a he) tells me he came from Texas and now he is going farther west. (He might have said something like he needs to go to California.)

My interpretation: I think the perfect wave has to do with a blue wave in the 2020 election. I often use a software snipping tool in my work and at first I thought I was using it in my dream because it is something I am used to doing. However, now that I think about it more, I think even that could have a deeper symbolic meaning. We need to put in some work to capture a perfect blue wave in the 2020 election. I think the floating Sierra Club renewal notice symbolizes a renewal of interest/ a reopening of the recognition of the  importance of environmental protection. It is an issue that is floating right at the top. As for the seal, in my dream I at first I think it’s probably a turtle. It is quite common to see sea turtles in the water where I live in Hawaii. They can be very large, but they are harmless. The big thing under the water felt ominous, though. It wasn’t nothing/just rocks. Some may think the thing that wasn’t a turtle symbolizes Moscow Mitch McTreason, but I don’t think so. It was bigger. It is something that is “sealed” and has been hiding underwater. It is big and ugly and sick (the sores). It is not good (not spiritual/religious - not a monk). Perhaps it has foreign connotations. (Monk seals are the only type of seals that live in Hawaii - any other type would be foreign.) For some reason I think of Ted Cruz when I think of the seal saying he came from Texas. I don’t know what the going farther west means. I’m not sure what the walrus-life tusks symbolize either. Overall, I feel positive about the dream. I am titling it “Something Under the Surface that has been Sealed and is Sick is Revealed”. 

BlueBelle, Coyote, Michele and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
31/07/2019 11:20 am  

Thank you for posting, Lillnoe. 

This dream is packed with meaning and foreboding.

And it seems fitting that it appeared to someone living in Hawaii rather than on the mainland because you just might be removed enough from the rest of the country to get a different perspective. 

Aside from the obvious political implications of a foreign agent infecting a Texas political group or operative like Cruz, which I feel has already happened full force in the presidency, the Congress, and the NRA, (and now I wonder about why Sierra Club was mentioned)—

but anyway,  I also got an environmental foreboding. The seas are toxic now and sea life is suffering. Perhaps that’s where Sierra Club comes into it only I’m not sure how to read it.

What a dream. 

Lilinoe and deetoo liked
ReplyQuote
(@codyroo)
Registered
02/08/2019 5:08 pm  

OK,
I sometimes get prophetic dreams.  Usually they are bathed in a gold or amber light (which clues me in that it is prophetic).  These next 2 dreams weren't bathed in that light, but I wanted to document them, none the less.  One took place on Sunday (I don't remember) and the other took place on Wednesday night).

Both involve Trump.  I've never dreamed about him in the past, so this is unusual.

In the first dream, I saw that someone (I believe Ivanka) was talking with him.  As he was leaving, I got the feeling from her that she was excited.  The excitement was about him signing something.  The feeling was that he signed something and he wouldn't be able to back out of it, deny it, and otherwise was committed (almost trapped) by signing it.  I had a vision of a 2 foot by 2 foot square piece of metal.  The metal was where his signature was captured (and I guess....ironically....so was he).  I was in and out of dreaming/waking for several minutes as my mind kept repeating, "we've got it, we've got, he's trapped, he's trapped".  It is that delirium I usually have when I have a fever and try to sleep.

The second dream was me sitting in a chair (high back, leather) in an office.  I had a light in my hand and I was going to "shine" it on Trump when he walked into the office.  The light would be symbolic that his deeds would be brought to light.  However, someone else walked into the room and shined a light on me.  They were alarmed that by shining the light on me, that they now were "caught" and being exposed.  It was a woman, I don't remember who.  I never got to shine my light on Trump, he was nearby, but the event never happened.  I didn't get the feeling that the other person being exposed prevented Trump from being exposed, it just was that both were in the same place at the same time.  Trump looked mostly disinterested in the whole affair.

OK, thank you for letting me "document" those dreams here.  I appreciate it.

Jeanne Mayell, Baba, Lovendures and 3 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@villager)
Registered
07/08/2019 1:31 am  

I don’t think that I have ever had dreams that were of any note. I have had announcements interrupt my dreams to let me know that a relative has died. Twice so far, I have awoken to find that it was true. 

I did have an odd experience recently that I’d like to describe though. It has stayed with me for a while. The night after Robert Mueller’s televised testimony I was in falling asleep (or rather in that half state between asleep and awake), when an image appeared in my mind’s eye. It looked like an iPad. And instead of icons it had a silhouette image of the escalator scene at trump tower when Trump announced that he was running for president. Trump and Melania were on the escalator, and there were people silhouetted on the floor above the escalator, and the floor below. All of the silhouettes were wobbling with a little ‘x’ on the top right hand corner, as though they were iPad icons that were about to be deleted. It felt to me as though this was the turning point, the beginning of the end for the trump campaign. It also felt that if any evidence were to ‘go missing’, it would be now.

That’s all. Thank you for letting me note it here.

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Lilinoe and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)
Registered
07/08/2019 2:53 am  

I’ll just add my dream/vision to the list. I was awakened last night for a minor emergency and as I was trying to go back to sleep, I saw/dreamed the following which was striking enough that I made notes about it before trying to go back to sleep:

A container ship is hit by something and it knocks off containers - like LEGO’s being flicked (no explosion). I heard a thump and some of the containers fell off.

I asked where and got a warm sensation - somewhere warm.

Then I saw a gentle but steady black lava flow. I think it must be in the Pacific somewhere.

Im not sure if this is 2 separate things or 1 thing related to the other.

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, villager and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@sagetarotpisces)
Registered
07/08/2019 2:54 am  

Not as relevant but i wanted to write this down here just incase so i have it in writing...

Last night right before i fell asleep and was meditating and i remember thinking, okay, lets give it a go. i thought of trump- asked what will happen- when will he go? Whats coming?... I saw trump de-boarding a plane, the background faded and trump turned into that halloween  mask “scream” face. Ha. Is this that he is putting on a mask to the world, like a child on halloween- to scare us- but really he is still just that child- adolescent like boy?? Hmm. 

I asked again- picturing the broader GOP- trump, mitch, et al- this time as clear as day got a commercial jet liner engine-not a plane, just one engine. those big odd cone shaped round ones that sit under the wing. I have no idea what it means. Just wanted to add it here incase it ever becomes relevant. 

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Laura F. and 3 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Registered
08/08/2019 2:56 am  

Sagetarotpisces, could the Halloween mask be telling you the "when" you asked about.  If so, seems like around Halloween would make sense.

ReplyQuote
(@sagetarotpisces)
Registered
08/08/2019 3:41 pm  

@lovendures

Wow ! I hadn’t even considered that. That makes a lot of sense- that is actually a visual i associate to halloween quite a bit- my older brother wore it to trick or treat when i was very young (maybe 3 or 4) and i remember it so distinctly because of how scary and weird it was to me as a little girl. It was actually always one of my “halloween” visuals. That whole era of the 90’s..

ReplyQuote
(@buchanan15)
Registered
13/08/2019 7:32 pm  

looking some help.

two nights ago I had a terrible dream involving a plane watching from my kitchen window while cleaning dishes I could see a British air ways flight quite low in the sky there was a massive bang an explosion after runing to my front door in the sky the plane had started to nose dive followed by explosions an terror screams from people outside after the planes impact it came hurling towards my door an just before impact I suddenly woke up my heart pounding and sore it honestly felt so real I can't explain the feeling even inside me now thinking back to it the nerves deep in my belly.
hope you can help thanks

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
14/08/2019 8:27 pm  

@buchanan15

Thanks for posting. The dream sounds personal to you, rather than a transpersonal dream about the airlines. But It would take a private reading to read this.  Yes, it's possible you are having a premonition about a real airplane crash. Time will tell and let's hope it doesn't happen.  

Because the plane nearly hit your front door, it seems more personal to you.  Brexit is coming and it may have to do with the Britain crash that is coming and how you want to make sure its doesn't hit you too. 

One question I'd have is what dreams or plans do you have or way of thinking or way of living that you are engaged in that would significantly change if you became more grounded?  In other words, is there a need for becoming more grounded that if you did, would be difficult to do with a smooth landing?  

Sometimes people's sense of calmness is hinged on plans and hopes rather than present reality. I'm not saying that's you, but the dream implies that your life might be affected by something that is more up in the air and that you are worried that that something can no longer stay afloat and will be coming down to earth. 

ReplyQuote
(@starpath)
Registered
16/08/2019 11:09 pm  

I had a dream recently that was unpleasant and instead of describing it I think I will put down what I think it meant.  I think in a few weeks to a month or so the news media will be talking about a large water crisis involving children in developing countries having unsanitary water.  Perhaps the water will carry viruses, bacteria or parasites which cause diarrhea--such as typhoid fever, bacillary or amoebic dysentery, and/or cholera.  Children are already affected by unsanitary water conditions but this will be over a larger than normal area, perhaps including more than one country or more than one large community affected at the same time.  Maybe there will be a particular difficulty in getting the water situation sorted out, such as a hurricane or other weather related disruption.  I only feel about 70 percent sure about this dream prediction...Thanks for the forum Jeanne.

BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell, Laura F. and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@perriwinkle10)
Registered
18/08/2019 10:25 am  

Starpath, that's interesting you say this...I've been having a unusually large amount of dreams lately and odd visions that pop in right as I'm waking up. 

Last week as I woke up, I received a very clear 2 sentence shout. 

"Don't drink the water. It's not safe." 

Scared the you know what out of me. It was so random and out of the blue.

ReplyQuote
(@starpath)
Registered
18/08/2019 1:03 pm  

That's interesting Perriwinkle. A shouted message sounds very startling...I sometimes get spoken messages as I wake up but never have they been shouted.  The spirit guide who has spoken to me in the past has an accent which almost sounds British but I am not sure.  He always sounds very calm.  A shout seems more urgent...a definite warning.  I am not absolutely sure of my dream message or the timing but suddenly yesterday felt like my guides wanted me to post something about it.  So what I posted was my best intuitive feeling about the dream right now but if I get more information I will post it later. 

Interestingly I probably dreamed this last week, but did not record any dreams as I wasn't well so I can't tell you what day.  I mainly feel the most clear part of the message was that that there will be fecal contamination of water in a way that would affect children who are not caucasian.  This is why I chose to say developing country but perhaps it could be minority children being affected the most in whatever area Spirit is talking about.

BlueBelle liked
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
19/08/2019 1:12 pm  

@buchanan15

I was out of town when I responded to your dream.  I'm back now and am re-reading it and my response.  I want to add that it's a fear dream but not something you have to really worry about. It's more a state of mind dream in which you are worried but in the end it will be okay.  Again this is something I would do better discussing one on one. But I feel you will be okay, but you don't think you will be okay. 

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
19/08/2019 1:15 pm  

@starpath

Thanks for posting. In developing countries, unsanitary water is a major cause of infant mortality. This premonition is one that is very likely to happen, given the natural weather events we can expect from global warming. I pray the authorities will react quickly to protect people. 

ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)
Registered
20/08/2019 2:39 am  

I had repeated dreams last night about attacks on first responders. I remember telling an ambulance crew in one of them that they needed to keep the doors locked in their workplace to keep themselves safe. I truly hope that this is not coming but thought I should record it somewhere just in case it helps anyone. It is not a typical type of dream for me, so it stood out. 

ReplyQuote
Page 10 / 10
Share: