Notifications
Clear all

Animals in the News and the Intuitive Power of Connection We Feel Between Us

(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That’s the problem.

― A.A. Milne

(author of Winnie the Pooh )

This has been a special week of spirit sending me one heart touching story about our earth's beloved animal kingdom after another.

Whether it is the sad loss of one dear animal or even the loss of an entire species of animals; or the gains we are given as we learn to value the special place in our hearts and own need for animals in our world and our lives, many of us deeply appreciate and bond with them. They are a valuable treasure in our world and in all of our lives.

Post your animal stories, news, or predictions here. They can be personal stories to you or about animals in your own lives or larger stories out there in our world that both uplift, connect or even sadden and touch our hearts.

This one did all of that and reminded me so much of the emotions  of beloved animals that have meant so much to me in my own life.

"How it is that animals understand things I do not know, but it is certain that they do understand. Perhaps there is a language which is not made of words and everything in the world understands it. Perhaps there is a soul hidden in everything and it can always speak, without even making a sound, to another soul."

― Frances Hodgson Burnett

• (Playwright, Childrens author of "The Secret Garden")

Link to a heart warming story that connected to my heart today.

Timo, BlueBelle, Baba and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@westie)
Trusted Member Registered

I have been a guest on this site for a while, and your post moved me to sign up. We recently lost our family dog to latent kidney disease. It was very unexpected. H was a being of light for sure, and we were prepared to have him with us for another seven years. I miss our daily routine which included socializing with our neighbors. 

I have always that connection with nature - animals and trees and especially the mineral kingdom!

… We forget that nature is us. <3 

Timo, Michele, Baba and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@Westie1010, I am so very sorry for your loss. Losing a fur baby is so hard. I also feel that connection with nature and with my pets.  Welcome to our community.  Glad you have joined us.

Timo, Unk p, deetoo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

Here is a short video of an octopus,  dreaming,  in color   https://twitter.com/i/status/1177457161921683456

Timo, Aheartbegins, deetoo and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@unk-p

Beautiful. Thank you. 

Aheartbegins, deetoo, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@westie1010

We just lost our beloved Dog today.  He had been failing for weeks and this morning, he could no longer walk.  He was a therapy dog and brought joy to many lives, but mainly he was our daily companion and gave us daily joy.  We’ve spent this last year nurturing him and living in appreciation of our last months, weeks and days together.  When I was telling him goodbye, I felt that his dog brother would be there waiting for him as he passed over.  We will see that sweet soul ourselves someday on the other side.

Lovendures, Timo, Jeanne Mayell and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@unk-p, magical video!  I also really enjoyed some of the other videos on the twitter site.  Thanks for sharing.

Unk p and Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

@Westie1010 @Bluebelle

Oh I am so glad you both shared and are connecting here. Those dear, dear companions and friends are so precious, so loved and even when we know the end will come and even if it's truly time, it just leaves such a space in our hearts and in our homes.

With as much love as we all gave (and even more loved that we received) I cannot help but believe that strong bond is always with us. I know they sure are in our thoughts and in the endless unexpected missings all day, every day when it hits us.

Blessings to you hoth from the bottom of my heart. What long pathways along our lives journeys they have all shared and how they marked so many milestones right along with ours.

All I have to do is imagine it and I can hear the howling of joy that we're home or the excited barking or meowing to remind us we were missed.

Holding you and them in my heart. Boy do I miss the many,many beloved pets I have held so close to my own heart just thinking about them and remembering! 

?

@Westie1010

Westies are the most delightful little spirits. And kidney disease is so challenging to deal with. Sorry your little one didn't have the time with you that you so hoped for! All part of nature indeed. Dont be surprised if you feel, find,  or discover connections or little remembrance symbols in the days to come. Everything is connected in more ways than any of us can even begin to imagine. 

We do not own animals, as they do not own us; we are all simply sharing this world together. We are the guardians of their lives and in return, they bring us joy, unconditional friendship, and solace in

times of need.

westie, Timo, westie and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

@Unk p

Boy, you never fail to disappoint for original videos, songs etc! First dreaming octopi video I've ever seen.

Now, to do a dream analysis on that will be interesting!

Timo, Unk p, Timo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@michele-b-here-in-the-forum

someone said that it dreams in mustard paisley,  lol

peace & love

deetoo, Michele, deetoo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

Oh Unk P,  I love that!  Hahahahaha! Awesome!

deetoo, Unk p, deetoo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

What makes dogs so special?  Love. "It’s not the case that dogs have special genes or special capacities to form relationship with humans. Dogs just have special capacities to form relationships with anything. Whatever they meet early on in life, they will then accept members of that species as potential friends later on."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/science/2019/09/25/what-makes-dogs-so-special-successful-love/?wpisrc=nl_optimist&wpmm=1

BlueBelle, deetoo, Timo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@bluebelle

I am so sorry.  This is such a hard loss.  They are pure love. 

deetoo, BlueBelle, Timo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Timo
(@timo)
Noble Member Registered

@Westie1010 @Bluebelle I am so sorry for your loss of a treasured family member and soul enricher. What gifts these furry friends bring! I know the profound pain you are feeling and the empty loss in your heart. I am sorry! So very sorry! Oh how they reach in and show us true love. Please know the love you gave in return is what also holds them right now on the other side.

westie, deetoo, BlueBelle and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@Westie1010 and @Bluebelle

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious fur babies.  I know how much it hurts.  Our sweet dog passed two years ago, and we still miss her.  When we adopted Gracie, my husband and I felt wonderful that we rescued her and gave her a loving home.  Little did we realize that she rescued us.

Such unconditional love.  It is such an honor to be their stewards.  And a sacred bond between you, never to be broken. 

Sending you both blessings and comforting light.

westie, BlueBelle, westie and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Timo
(@timo)
Noble Member Registered

Nature revives me and feeds my soul. Animals teach me how to be in truth and to live soulfully. Without them both my soul would eternally weep. My first dog's name was Truely. She taught me how to truely love. My next dog's name was Kama. She taught me ferocious friendship and loyalty. Squirrels and kitties, bunnies, and dogs, on and on it went throughout my life, too numerous to count, these beautiful beings came and went. Always leaving my heart bigger and my soul brighter! Nothing breaks my heart more than the suffering of these beings. And yet, they love on. These are the spiritual masters living among us we so greatly need to recognize. 

Michele, westie, deetoo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

Thank you for all your kind words, your love and condolences.   I am deeply touched.  He was truly pure love.

Michele, deetoo, Michele and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@westie)
Trusted Member Registered

Thanks from me, too.  I have been having signs and dreams.  The best one was of a neighbor dog up the block who passed away last year. I saw his twinkling little face in my sight, and knew he was acting as a guide for our dog. 

Ill just have to be patient until the time comes when we get to meet again. ❤️

The week before he passed I watched the Thich Naht Hahn documentary “Walk With Me” A young girl asks Thay about how to deal with her dog dying. He tells her about a cloud. The cloud becomes water which becomes a cup of tea. I was very attached to my cloud, so it’s going to take time. 

??

deetoo, Michele, deetoo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@bluebelle and @westie1010,

I am so sorry on the lost of your special family members.  Dogs are such wonderful animals which bring healing and comfort to their humans.

deetoo and deetoo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

Since the precious sharing and heartfelt connections of beloved dog stories, i have had so many funny, joyful memories of our dogs. Helped me not feel sad for the recent losses of beloved pets here.

But it also made me remember all of my precious kitties as I've spent a lifetime taking strays (cats, dogs, bunnies, chickene, turtles, and other critters especially injured birds.

Many of the birds were hurt or tiny and hand fed and healed into wellness and then flew off to new lives. But several we loved for a long time as they just hung around wairing for treats at our back door.

One robin returned Spring after Spring to build a nest and raise little ones. What joy to see her over the course of many seasons return until one year, she didn't.  

I knew she was attached and in her own way loved us. I'd held her, fed her mashed foods and eyedroppers of water for  many weeks. Even brought her on a 4 day camping trip in a pet carrier since she had to be fed around the clock. 

We named her Bob but after her first return and nest building I guess Bobby or Bobette was more appropriate. Loved her and Mortimer a black crow we brought back to health as well. Also 11 canaries, 3 tirtle doves and perhaps even a partridge in a pear tree, who can remember more than 75 pets in a lifetime. I just know I loved each of them and miss them still.

Sentient beings every single one.  

But lately I've been busy with our 18 year old cat who has supposedly been in end stage kidney disease for the past decade,

.She gets worse, I prepare myself, petting and loving on her with drinks of water and soft raw meat scraps.  She gets better and recovers over and over again.  

And yes, i have a healers hands and a very strong energy field, but still this sweetie who has never been more loving is 18 with 10 years of serious health issues.

Shes 100% deaf to all hearing ranges of my voice. But a metal spoon clanging on her porcelain cat dish and she pulls herself up from her fleece blanketed cat bed to eat. Musr be that vibrational wave.

Totally all but 100% blind. Eyes totally white with catarcts. She can still (by having left scents everywhere) rubbing her whiskers along edges, corners and using my different textured rugs i lay out for her, find her way from food to litter box to bed and carefully watched still go outside on nice days and carefull find her way back in again.  Pretty amazing!

Which leads me to the myth that cats are so independent as to not be as loving as dogs. Nope says this lover of both.

A recent researcg project at Oregon State University disagrees:

Cats, like children and dogs, develop attachments to their caregivers, study shows | Oregon State University

https://today.oregonstate.edu/news/cats-children-and-dogs-develop-attachments-their-caregivers-study-shows

deetoo, Lovendures, Timo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: