Notifications
Clear all

11:11, Pennies, Rainbows and Other Symbolic Signs from the Heavens

(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

Two or three nights ago, I was laying in bed. There was a dim light from the hall, and I saw a round black blob up by my light which was off. I turned on my light, and it disappeared, but when I turned my light off, it came back. It kind of reminded me of the black figure that leaned out from my sister's kitchen, and watched me walk down her hall. I'm always seeing things, so it didn't bother me, but as always I ask for a white light of protection. 

BlueBelle, CC21, TriciaCT and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Remembered where we are talking about sage, so reposting this meme that had me totally laughing this morning.

1591465377-101513763_10222754546152060_1826555307866718208_n.jpg

BlueBelle, FEBbby23, lenor and 25 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)
Illustrious Member Registered

@laura-f

The very best thing all day! Let's put it in the photo Hall of Fame!

For you ... ???... ?

FEBbby23, TriciaCT, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jewels-2)
Noble Member Registered

Does anyone know how to tell the differences  between a vision, sleep paralysis and a hypnagogic (sp?) hallucination? :) thank you in advance!

lenor and lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
(@saibh)
Famed Member Registered

I keep dreaming about large, strange buildings and houses ... many times, they're haunted; every time, the structures are super detailed, and I sense myself smelling and feeling them. These covid-era anxiety dreams are no joke. Send that sage bonfire to my house, please.

FEBbby23, lenor, Michele and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snowbird)
Noble Member Registered

@Jewels, hypnagogic hallucinations and sleep paralysis are both parasomnias. I think of them as being a "brain fart" during sleep. They are not rare, but can be a symptom narcolepsy. Check out Wikipedia, or this information from Stanford Healthcare:

https://stanfordhealthcare.org/content/shc/en/medical-conditions/sleep/pediatric-sleep-disorders/types/nighttime-sleep-behaviors-parasomnias.html/

I have experienced both types of parasomnias, very rarely. My own experiences of meaningful visions or dream messages from my guides, or dreams that I can interpret, are a very different experience.

Tiger-n-Owl, FEBbby23, Share and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jewels-2)
Noble Member Registered

@snowbird. Thank you, Snowbird!  I will read it.  Interesting as I have a sleep issue.  What I recently experienced is still so vivid, unlike any dream I've ever had. I'm not psychic, but I'm waiting for more,  as if it is a trick I can will into happening again.  I recently asked spirit for a clear sign, and got blinking lights not long afterward.  Amateur hour here.

Frank, Tiger-n-Owl, FEBbby23 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Posted by: @saibh

I keep dreaming about large, strange buildings and houses ... many times, they're haunted; every time, the structures are super detailed, and I sense myself smelling and feeling them.

@saibh, I love that you brought this up!  Christine Northrup, MD, wrote about women having house dreams. I've had them all my life.  Try to remember the details.  The houses can be part of your own psyche.  A common dream I had years back is that I'm in a house that is mine, even though it doesn't look like my current house. And there is a secret annex or hallway that I didn't know about. It is often antique, with antique furniture and 1880 wall paper and rugs.  It seems like Disney's Haunted House.  

I feel the annex was a part of me that I hadn't realized yet.  It contains something ancient, something of my ancestors, and yet elegant and expansive.  It's dusty and needs cleaning up. It's about realizing my potential and perhaps the unrealized potential of the women who came before me.  I can help us all rise in this life and this time.  

Another dream I had was that there were several secret floors above the ones I normally live in.  They are attic spaces but with high ceilings. Dusty, no furniture, neglected!  They also feel haunted,  yes, and unsteady, like I could fall through the floor.  Neglected. I feel a little scare up there but also excited at all that extra space and possibility.

They feel like past lives that want to come out now, or part of my DNA from my ancestors, now talking to me and saying, we can rise now, in this life! 

TriciaCT, Tiger-n-Owl, CC21 and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

I keep dreaming about large, strange buildings and houses ... many times, they're haunted; every time, the structures are super detailed, and I sense myself smelling and feeling them.

@saibh, I love that you brought this up!  Christine Northrup, MD, wrote about women having house dreams. I've had them all my life.  Try to remember the details.  The houses can be part of your own psyche.  A common dream I had years back is that I'm in a house that is mine, even though it doesn't look like my current house. And there is a secret annex or hallway that I didn't know about. It is often antique, with antique furniture and 1880 wall paper and rugs.  It seems like Disney's Haunted House.  

I feel the annex was a part of me that I hadn't realized yet.  It contains something ancient, something of my ancestors, and yet elegant and expansive.  It's dusty and needs cleaning up. It's about realizing my potential and perhaps the unrealized potential of the women who came before me.  I can help us all rise in this life and this time.  

Another dream I had was that there were several secret floors above the ones I normally live in.  They are attic spaces but with high ceilings. Dusty, no furniture, neglected!  They also feel haunted,  yes, and unsteady, like I could fall through the floor.  Neglected. I feel a little scare up there but also excited at all that extra space and possibility.

They feel like past lives that want to come out now, or part of my DNA from my ancestors, now talking to me and saying, we can rise now, in this life! 

Holy smokes, @jeanne-mayell, I've had this same dream(s) for most of my adult life. You could easily be describing my experiences -- I can still see the antique rugs. 

Your interpretation is quite interesting -- I've never known what to make of these dreams but always thought there was something to them, given the frequency with which they occur. In fact, they are the only recurring dream I can remember having across decades.

Lovendures, TriciaCT, Tiger-n-Owl and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@sistermoon I love that you also have these dreams.  I knew that women have house dreams but hadn't realized that other women might also see the antique rooms and the feeling they are haunted with the feelings of other women. 

When I think back on how I felt during my house dreams, I was excited, hopeful about the extra rooms. I had valuable real estate I hadn't known about!

Yes they are dusty and the rugs and wall paper seems old fashioned, but they feel like something that belongs to me that I hadn't known was mine. I feel excited, fortunate. I think, these rooms are mine!  

It is only now, thanks to  @Saibh and you, that I am realizing that these rooms contain the hopes of our women ancestors, hopes that we feel within our psyches. 

I think of all of the women who came before me who did not have the options we now have to rise.  

These women took back seats to their spouses and were not allowed to be leaders, but they had all of the intelligence and talent of leaders. Women who were the force behind their husbands.  

Both of my grandmothers had so much more within them than they were allowed to realize.  They had to be in the passenger seat while their husbands drove the car that carried them and their children through life. 

I felt their energy within me when I was exploring these rooms. Not so much to become a leader but that there is some psychic energy that they left behind that I feel.  

I carry, we all may carry, their unrealized dreams.

BlueBelle, villager, deetoo and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@frank)
Famed Member Registered

Posted by: @sistermoon

Holy smokes, @jeanne-mayell, I've had this same dream(s) for most of my adult life. You could easily be describing my experiences -- I can still see the antique rugs. 

Your interpretation is quite interesting -- I've never known what to make of these dreams but always thought there was something to them, given the frequency with which they occur. In fact, they are the only recurring dream I can remember having across decades.

I've also had these dreams... Usually there is a secret room that I find right above the highest floor in the house. Often the house is either my childhood home or the home of one of my grandparents. 

I've also had dreams where the house I'm in is haunted... These became quite frequent when I was doing mediumship (although it was different than actual spirits visiting which happened even more often and was always in my hypnagogic and hypnopompic states)

I definitely agree that the houses represent our psyche and I feel like both of these types of dreams are manifestations of growing spirituality.  The upper room/secret chamber being representative of finding and connecting with our Higher Consciousness and the haunted house being our mind's way of interpreting the influx of spiritual energy associated with raising our vibration level.

TriciaCT, Lilinoe, villager and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Posted by: @frank

I've also had these dreams... Usually there is a secret room that I find right above the highest floor in the house. ...The upper room/secret chamber being representative of finding and connecting with our Higher Consciousness and the haunted house being our mind's way of interpreting the influx of spiritual energy associated with raising our vibration level.

@frank, I love that you also have these dreams and I love your idea of higher floors as higher consciousness. 

CC21, FEBbby23, TriciaCT and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@saibh)
Famed Member Registered

The "dream houses" conversation is fascinating to me. The idea that rooms are subconscious manifestations of thoughts or memories or influence is infinitely curious. I dream pretty often about our first house ... a charming little Minneapolis bungalow. The house is often decorated differently, or the basement will be fully furnished and livable but the backyard is overgrown and vacant-looking, usually i'm stopping by to see how the new people have cared for it. The strangest was when I dreamed that a secret room had been built in the dining room. Our second house, when I dream of it, always has a dank, scary room in the basement that I never knew existed ... either full of stagnant water and mold, or something more sinister that I won't even explore. That house, in my real life, represents years of loneliness and stress and isolation and depression; could be why my dreams of it are full of more anxiety. The other night, I dreamed of a large old farmhouse that was converted into an education/art center for school kids. I told the owner that I loved the concept and would love to be involved. She told me they needed someone for the basement, which was turned into a "haunted" space in the fall. I followed her through the home to the basement door, and had to army crawl through a brightly painted cement crawl space ... very clean, but very claustrophobic. We came out on the other side in this cavernous basement room ... almost like a cement-clad gymnasium, with small windows near the ceiling. It was dark, water was dripping from the ceiling, and the kids were standing around a table in the center of the room. The owner told me I would need to wear a head-to-toe black outfit and sit in a dark closet all day, holding the control for the rain from the ceiling and puffs of wind that would blow past the kids like ghosts. I said thanks but no thanks and got the hell out. I always wake up from dreams like this wondering what my brain is doing when I sleep. ? 

CC21, Grace, FEBbby23 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

I love dream symbolism posts and when i saw the first one here i was moved to join in the discussion that was so wonderfully began and further written about by @saibh  @jeanne-mayell @sistermoon 

I was just beginning my slow process of one keystroke at a time on my cell phone when "ping' in comes from  @frank ?

Btw, "Pings/alerts" are like doorbells on a house, they announce possibilities and future potentialities. It may be a further connection with family (your tribe or in this case, our tribe here) or a new unexpected visitor with news and/or information or gifts (think mailman or neighbor).

And the gift was of @frank not only posting was sharing a lot of what i wanted to share and was working on ?  hahahahaha. I love a good laugh especially at myself and my daily  challenges.

The symbolism of that meant i was being directed by spirit to write something different/ or from a different perspective as all of you @saibh @jeanne-mayell @sistermoon and @frank had already layed down the groundwork or foundation of the "house" we are building here. (PS In real life my real family builds houses

? ??

But yes, i have had house dreams my entire life as well. Carl Jung often saw house dreams as one of the most common of dreams we share being not only archetypal but intrinsically connected to our development of our pyches.

He even saw many serving to provide analytical opportunities at the root of current or ongoing personal, emotional or family/ close relationship issues. The analytical and symbolic meanings had much to do with his sharing many dream interpretations of his patients in his books. I remember reading Jung's autobiography as a young teenager and i remember it being not only the thickest book I'd ever read but the most meaningful as it pointed the way to how our lives and experiences shape us to the choices we make or the many paths we choose.

The fact that our tiny library on an island in Alaska even had a copy was my first sign of library angels in my life. And as I opened that book, i also opened my own entry into that sun-lit forest of a foray and understanding of myself as a deeply symbolic being where everything, everyone, and every person who came across my path or into my life was highly, highly significant.

Part of my ongoing lifelong 70 year process of opening awareness into past lives and deeply rooted past parts of past, present and future selves. It was only a glimmer at the time but grew and grew as things could almost be seen but not yet fully understood as new experiences changed my path dramatically over th many decades.

The library angel joined my circle of guardian angels as i began a journey into really deep experiences metaphysically from that point on. Raised more or less Catholic by my mother but taught to see God everywhere in everything in nature by my father.

My first inclination at age 16 was i was destined to be a nun, wake up in the wee hours of morning to say vespers, and pray for others as a guardian of the gate so to speak between this world and the unseen ones.

Seriously,  i did! It was so ardent in me it truly was  a rather "born again" awakening of some sort-- all in private in my own conciousness yet kept privately and secretly to myself. I was actually rather resistant to it all but felt some kind of preordained destiny pulling at me all the time.

Now i suddenly sense a lot of Coyote in all senses here the @coyote of his big life changing post..especially since i already planned on 2 parts even if i just needed to share it and few read or commented. Hahahahaha indeed. Coyote the symbolic kokopellian flute playing trickster (not our dear, dear @coyote but then again maybe him too) is very active in my life and oh the things that sneaky laughing along with me fellow that taught me!)

As I read about symbolism more and more from Jung's "Man and His Symbols' and later, Joseph Campbell  and his "Power of Myth" my already highly unusual life and constantly challenging life experiences began to make sense but only in my very deeply held subconscious or even the collective unconscious world of Carolyn Myss's archetypal "Sacred Contracts".  (Love that book!)

Tying all of this in to dreaming of houses which for me is dreaming about the 7 different houses I have lived in as well as the houses that my ancestors lived in that led to the places I lived. And in many respects those 7 houses, when i now think about them jump out at me almost exactjy appropriately connected to the 7 chakras.  This is getting quite exciting now because this is the secret of the energies of this site and all of you here. How and why and what happens here.

Part 2 will be in a new window as once i get going more and more pours out to be said with the hopes of sparking others to think about their lives and connections to their dreams as well as dream states...right now typing letter by letter on a phone has exhausted me.

And just as I typed that my phone pinged with a power alert "battery at 15%. Please charge your battery. Hahaha. It and i truly both need recharging.

Want a good laugh? I started this when I lay down to rest for 20 minutes and instead came here. My clock --on the floor --of the bedroom (root area of 'secrets' one has not been ready to reveal) said 11:11 a.m

The title of this thread that i created however long ago because of how incredibly, interestingly, often bizarrely my life flows with connections.

Want another good laugh. This is the 3rd week my husband and i have spent totally 100% emptying/sorting and deciding  whether to save or get rid of our attic belonging(attic symbolizing the room of higher consciosness) in order to clean it out from a re-roofing 20+ years ago that left that attic ceiling and its contents fully opened up to the outside world and literally rained down terrible debris onto a full attic of 40 years of stored "treasures.

20+ years ago we experienced an extremely traumatic experience that change our family's lives forever....yes, now i see that that sense of PTSD PTSD creating trauma in our lives really did need to be re-evaluated and cleaned out.

Ahhh...such magic energies are created here. And only because of my life experiences does it all flow so easily and immediately into my own awareness today. 1.5 hours typing. 

Rest is over and time to get back to the work of "excavating my authentic life" as "Simple Abundance " author Sarah Ban Breathnaught called it. (Also known in my case as the COVID-19 Great Isolation Attic Cleanout)!

More or maybe not more later if a Part 2 of this is meant to be in my cards! 

Battery ping....4%....the 4 direction are pulling at me now ?

Parizienne, CC21, SisterMoon and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

I think I can honestly say that I've never had a house dream.  I'm sure I've had dreams of being in houses, but only as a place to be in the dream, not where the house was an important or central element of the dream.

I do have a lot of dreams about cars, trucks, bicycles, and pretty much any other mode of transportation, though.  I was told many moons ago that a dream about any form of transport - particularly the form the vehicle takes, whether a car, truck, train, bus, or even walking, is a subconscious representation of one's current mode or speed of travel through life. Walking on a dusty or rocky road would be a period of slow and sometimes difficult movement, while being in a luxury car would be quick and comfortable movement.  Something like a dump truck would be a sign that you are carrying (or intending to carry) a heavy load at that moment, and maybe you need to think about why you're carrying it and for whom.

I almost always remember these dreams, and I can usually related them pretty directly to my life and what's happening in it, but not always.  I recently had a dream where I was driving a car, but then went from that car to large truck of some kind (like a utility truck) both were in motion, and then when I tried to get back to the car, it had moved on ahead and was lost in traffic, so I couldn't get to it.  I still haven't fully figured that one out.

CC21, FEBbby23, Grace and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

And there is a secret annex or hallway that I didn't know about. It is often antique, with antique furniture and 1880 wall paper and rugs

I used to have dreams of this kind of house. Until i moved into it. A big old Victorian from 1876.  It was extremely ornate, and kind of rundown, having had the good fortune of never being "renovated" by yuppies.  It still had original embossed wallpapers and was pretty much dripping with all of the intricate old details. 

The secret passageway was located in the hall.  A section of the wall had a large floor-length mirror, and (if you knew about it), the whole thing could be swung open.  It led to a staircase going down to nowhere, as the basement had long since been turned into a separate apartment with it's own street entrance.

I had been looking at Victorians to live in, and toured quite a few in the San Francisco Haight-Ashbury district. As soon as i saw it, i knew it was the *one*.  I called the Locator lady who had been helping me in my search.  I told her i would take the "haunted house".  She sounded surprised, yet she knew exactly which house i was referring to(!).

And it was VERY "haunted", but in a good way.  I felt that whoever these souls were, they liked the house, and wanted to be there as much as i did.  I am a communitarian at heart, so "the more the merrier" is how i looked at it.  At one point, i think i even sensed the spirit of the future "me'', coming back in to have a look-see.

But while i was there, i would sometimes have different sorts of house dreams.  Really disturbing dreams of finding myself living (for instance) back in Texas.  In an uninspiring house in a dull neighborhood.  A whitebread suburban place, where the constant drumbeats of Hippie Hill didn't echo through the valleys, and so boring that even ghosts would vanish.  I would wake up in a sweat, and then realize it was just a bad dream.

deetoo, CC21, LalaBella and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

Strang synchronicities abound in my life. Somedays it seems like all.of my reveries focus on trying to understanding the symbology of their connections. There is almost always a message from the sacred but unseen.

Yesterday, my youngest daughter was outside hanging out the laundry when a helicopter flew over their house. .

A mile away, a lifelong friend of my husband's heard it crash.

His renter saw it go down and ran as fast as he could to get to it. It was all in flames and its rotor was all he could see laying in the field.

All in flames. Nothing to do but call it in. The friend called my husband and we shared with our daughter in a family text.

I said a prayer for the pilot's family and friends. And thought how strange three people we knew had all seen or heard this helicopter

I looked it up on the newswire and shared our synchronicities on facebook with a news link.

A local friend of 40 years that I hadn't since my best friends funeral 22 years ago said they knew the pilot as he sprayed their Christmas tree fields outside of Salem.

4 points of light connecting the 5th, the pilot. An 11:11 moment for me with spirit in how we truly are all connected in one way or another.

You just have to reach out with one thought, one prayer,  the reporting of a news event that ends up connecting all of you in a heartbeat.

Life is so filled with wonders and mysteries but its also filled at very same time with great and personal losses that whether we realize it or not connects us all as one.

deetoo, SisterMoon, Lilinoe and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@saibh)
Famed Member Registered

Yesterday, i saw 11:11, 1:11, 3:33, and 77 degrees at 5:55, and why were they all yelling at me??? ;)

Moonbeam, Michele, FEBbby23 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

@saibh

Yelling "PAY ATTENTION" "PAY ATTENTION" "Pay Attention."

Look for other strange or unexpected or things happening in your life any place you are virtually or IRL 

Someone/something needs your attention including random thoughts of things you need to do--it might need doing now not until the next time you remember! 

These can also be magical life changing door or gate opening indicators . Keep alert for different energies or stronger ones or new undetstandings or beliefs worth exploring. 

To me every time something like happens 11:11 on clocks almost every single day so the difference might be every single day or same number twice a day. 

I know I'm in the flow and choosing wisely.

Share, Saibh, Moonbeam and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jewels-2)
Noble Member Registered

@saibh. The 11:11, 1:11, 4:44 thing is very frequent for me too lately!  Like someone hit a switch.

Saibh, Share, Lovendures and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 10
Share: