Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Joe Biden

(@mas1581)
Illustrious Member Registered

Everyone is focusing on a woman of color in the current political eye, but if Biden has 4 on his list, there is someone there no one is thinking of. Kamala, Abrams, and Bottoms are the 3 obvious women. The 4th, if I am correct in my feelings, would shock the world, win the election, and pull every single swing voter from Trump instantly. Who else would create the buzz and chatter better than Michelle Obama? She has a law background, is beloved by most, would drive Trump over the edge, and would guarantee an invigorated suburban women's vote as well as minority vote. 

Isabelle, PamP, Ms. C. and 15 people reacted
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

It would be ideal to have Michele Obama, and I'm sure she doesn't want to do it. Maybe though she would for the sake of the country. Fantastic choice.

Isabelle, PamP, Lilinoe and 11 people reacted
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

I think we should have a writing campaign to encourage Biden to choose Michelle Obama. https://bidenpresident.com/Contact/addData

Isabelle, PamP, Lilinoe and 7 people reacted
(@dolphinspirit)
Noble Member Registered

@mas1581 He said in an interview he would love her as his running mate. It would be a wonderful for us but I am sure she felt the experience was harsh on her kids and didn't want them to go through it again. Unfortunately, the world is much harsher now. I read Dr Fauci speaking of his AIDs experience and his Covid one and now he needs security for the death threats his wife and child have received.

I think she would be an exciting president.

Isabelle, PamP, FEBbby23 and 13 people reacted
(@triciact)

@mas1581

My boss at work is a very active democrat and was part of a powerful group of people in N.C. who were instrumental in getting the democratic governor Roy Cooper elected. He knows the pulse of dems in the Carolinas and told me if Biden could convince Michelle Obama to be his running mate it would be a slam dunk.

Isabelle, PamP, Lilinoe and 9 people reacted
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@jeanne-mayell

www.votesaveamerica.com

They also have plenty of get involved from home programs, including postcard writing.

PamP, Kateinpdx, Amyv and 7 people reacted
(@laura-f)

@mas1581

Nope. Not gonna happen. Michele Obama has already said she's not interested, and that would be a sure way to tank Biden's lead so far.

There is an entrenched hatred of the Obamas on the dark side, and add to that the usual/considerable misogyny in this country and there's no way that would be a good idea.

PamP, 2ndfdl, FEBbby23 and 9 people reacted
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

well, he is going to have a black female VP on his ticket. So they're going to hate him anyway. 

PamP, Lilinoe, Unk p and 5 people reacted
(@mas1581)

@laura-f

Suspira is right. Those who hate her are going to hate any black woman. Also, swing voters, the few ones that are left, would gravitate to her because almost all of them voted for Barack twice. 

Also, the ideas on race are changing. The Floyd protests were different than any race protests in our history. White people came out in droves and even big business changed their silence on the issue. Things have changed the last year in the US. 

Isabelle, PamP, Lilinoe and 7 people reacted
(@jewels-2)
Noble Member Registered

@dolphinspirit

You must be a writer. Lovely phrases! I got chills where you talk about Biden's heart. :)

PamP, Lilinoe, Stargazer and 3 people reacted
(@laura-f)

@mas1581

My point is that the hatred towards the Obamas ~pardon the word~ trumps choosing literally any other black person/woman. Those swing voters might swing towards Twitler again. Besides, all of the other possibilities are really excellent choices, it's not like he really needs Michele O.

Isabelle, PamP, CC21 and 5 people reacted
(@stargazer)

Michelle Obama ? 

What a beautiful woman ... I still recall her priceless eyerolls and graceful disdain on the steps of the WH the day that the Trumps dashed in to accept the 'changing of the guard' from the Obamas...lols.

Michelle is definitely not interested in jumping back into that fray, and is doing very well where she is having already paid those dues...

Looking forward to seeing the strong light of the brilliant Kamala there though .. she is so up to the challenge!

Isabelle, PamP, TriciaCT and 13 people reacted
(@coyote)

@mas1581

Could the 4th woman be Val Demings? I don't see Michelle as a running mate mostly because I don't think she has any desire to be on a presidential ticket.

Isabelle, PamP, 2ndfdl and 11 people reacted
(@laura-f)

@coyote

My understanding is that Val Demings is being vetted.

PamP, 2ndfdl, TriciaCT and 5 people reacted
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Look up Congresswoman Karen Bass.  I mentioned her earlier in this thread.  

She is apparently in the top 3 for consideration for VP.  Jeanne, she may be the person you saw with Biden. 

@Jeanne-mayell.

PamP, TriciaCT, CC21 and 9 people reacted
(@michele-b)

@lovendures

We listened to her speech of a few days ago and were so impressed. 

Intelligent, articulate,  and frankly, presidential.

I told my husband "Wow! I really am impressed and think she'd be phenomenal.  I've always like so many of the short list now seemingly getting longer again, that I can see minds changing and re-selecting with different strengths of some upcoming  candidates  into a better fit yet.

The first time I've ever felt the Vice Presidential pick to actually be more crucial and more important for our future President.

How Karen Bass — the other Californian up for VP — is different from her rivals

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/article/How-Karen-Bass-the-other-Californian-up-for-15398184.php

"Karen Bass rises as sleeper pick to be Biden's VP

“The reason she’s gone from a name bandied about to a serious contender is because the more you look at her, the more you realize what a perfect choice for the time she is,” said former Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa.

He started working alongside Bass in the early 1970s to coalesce Black and Latino activists around curbing police abuse and expanding immigrant rights.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/24/karen-bass-biden-vp-380583

PamP, TriciaCT, FEBbby23 and 11 people reacted
(@unk-p)

Only 100 days till the election

PamP, TriciaCT, ghandigirl and 19 people reacted
(@dannyboy)

@laura-f   Val Demings record, as both a police chief, a social worker, and now in congress would definitely be a tick in the column against the people spreading the "Biden wants to get rid of/defund the police" argument.  

My heart keeps going to Kamala Harris -- but my brain recognizes that Demings represents the swing state of Florida and Biden doesn't need to worry about the California electoral votes.

Isabelle, PamP, TriciaCT and 15 people reacted
(@laura-f)

A major concern for VP pick is, in fact, whether they are in House of Reps or Senate and which state.

Another thing in Harris' favor is that she would lose her Senate seat, but it's pretty safe here in CA - we'd just put in another Dem.

Any Dem from the Senate who is from a state where a Rethug could end up in that seat is a concern (e.g., Liz Warren).

I don't know how safe Val Deming's House seat would be if she left to become VP, maybe someone from FL can comment on that?

PamP, DannyBoy, Unk p and 5 people reacted
(@moonbeam)

I have a great feeling about Demmings. I think she would be harder to attack than Harris. Fingers crossed we get good news soon!

PamP, TriciaCT, DannyBoy and 3 people reacted
Page 8 / 31
Share: