Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Joe Biden

shan
(@shanrip)
Estimable Member Registered

I am partial to Warren as well. Even this image from TX is hopeful. Yes, Austin is liberal, but still. I feel at peace with her. Her intentions are very good and she has spent her entire political career fighting for average Americans. Also, Texas is now a potential swing state. That could be game changing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/leylasantiago/status/1171571074502471681

PamP, deetoo, Lilinoe and 7 people reacted
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

The purpose of my post right now is not to debate religion, how the religious institution is run or how  members of a particular faith practice their faith.   

I do however strongly believe that if a clergyman feels the need to refuse communion to a congregant, whether or not the member is a public figure, the matter should be a private affair between the clergy/church and the individual.  The clergyman should never bring the matter out into the public.  It should be up to the congregant to determine if they wish for they issue to be made public and discussed.  

From USA Today:   The Rev. Robert Morey said Monday that the 2020 Democratic presidential candidate attended Mass at Saint Anthony Catholic Church in Florence and was refused the sacrament because any "public figure who advocates for abortion places himself or herself outside of Church teaching." 

"Sadly, this past Sunday, I had to refuse Holy Communion to Former Vice President Joe Biden," Morey said. "Holy Communion signifies we are one with God, each other and the Church. Our actions should reflect that." 

When asked about the incident Tuesday during interview on MSNBC, Biden declined to comment, saying it was his "personal life."

It IS his personal life.  

I have not been able to find an article that discusses WHY the priest felt he needed to make this announcement and I have read nothing to indicate that Biden brought the subject up anywhere first and that the priest was just responding to Biden.  

I also know something similar happened to Kerry when he ran for president.  I was upset at that time too.  

PamP, Lilinoe, Jeanne Mayell and 9 people reacted
(@rosieheart)
Famed Member Registered

The cynic in me can't help wondering how much Rudy Giuliani  paid Rev. Morey to say that.

I stopped being  a practicing Catholic many years ago when my parish priest announced during mass that anyone who voted for a politician who supported abortion rights for women was not a Catholic.  

And Joe is right: it's his personal business.  

Amyv, PamP, Lilinoe and 9 people reacted
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

alas I love Warren and Mayor Pete but I don't think either one of them can win. Would like to see them on the ticket though. As for who can win, I would hope anyone, including those two, but I have my doubts. Someone told a friend of mine he liked Mayor Pete, and my friend pointed out that homosexuals make up such a small percentage of voters - I said, are you out of your mind? You think those are the only people who would vote for him? The thing is, I just can't see him winning in some important states even though I think he does and will have a lot of followers.

PamP, RosieHeart, PamP and 1 people reacted
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

Sadly, this  needs to be under headings besides "Joe Biden".

Joe Biden was denied communion at Catholic church in South Carolina - CNNPolitics
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/29/politics/joe-biden-denied-communion-south-carolina-catholic-church/index.html

It is another example with how we see, understand and most of all are trapped in judgment over acceptance and bringing together in faith rather than pushing away. 

Father Robert Morey, the pastor at Saint Anthony Catholic Church in Florence, told the Florence Morning News that he had denied Biden communion because "any public figure who advocates for abortion places himself or herself outside of Church teaching."

"Holy Communion signifies we are one with God, each other and the Church. Our actions should reflect that," Morey said in an email to the newspaper. He said that "as a priest, it is my responsibility to minister to those souls entrusted to my care, and I must do so even in the most difficult situations. I will keep Mr. Biden in my prayers."

Not too many years ago at a funeral the Catholic priest welcomed one and all to come up and receive a blessing mo matter our faith.

I got im line as and crossed my arms as a non-praticing Catholic. I knew he'd been watching me during the funeral mass and my aura projection and he brought the communion wafer up to me 3 times. I kept my heart open, even though my arms were crossed, sending him love and acceptance and peace and it threw him totally energetically off. 

Validation in a sense that what's inside is far more important than what or who people think we need to be or how we need to practice and live our faith not man's and churche's ever changing ones 

If the story is true and newspaper fact checked ? of course.

PamP, Lilinoe, PamP and 1 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Sadly, this past Sunday, I had to refuse Holy Communion to Former Vice President Joe Biden," Morey said. "Holy Communion signifies we are one with God, each other and the Church. Our actions should reflect that.--Father Morely

Just curious, did the Catholic Church excommunicate the pedophile priests all over the world who ruined the lives of thousands of children?  Did they excommunicate the bishops who covered up the pedophile cases and reassigned those priests to other districts where they would abuse other children?  

Michele, PamP, polarberry and 21 people reacted
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

Biden is ahead in Oklahoma. I like him best, but it seems to me that the media is rooting against him. I finally got to see Steyer and I know what was wrong with him. He's too nice.

PamP, lenor, deetoo and 5 people reacted
(@mas1581)

@elaineg

Steyer's was too nice and people questioned that. It made him come off as unnatural and, therefore, hiding something. I think it's TRUE benevolence but the general public didnt agree. He officially dropped out tonight and instead of endorsing someone, said his money will now support whatever candidate is on the ticket.

PamP, Marley, lenor and 15 people reacted
(@unk-p)

@elaineg

I finally got to see Steyer and I know what was wrong with him. He's too nice.

something is really wrong in this world. I don't understand.  We have had over 3 years of the most blatant kind of un-nice, do you want more? I wasn't planning on voting for Steyer in the primary, but that decision had nothing to do with the fact that he seems so "nice".  I actually like that quality in a person.

PamP, Coyote, Marley and 11 people reacted
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

@unk-p

Me too.

PamP, Unk p, deetoo and 5 people reacted
(@lenor)

@jeanne-mayell

Here is the only latest article I could find on the excommunication of predator priests. Only 5 out of 1700  have so far been excommunicated. Being a recovering catholic, why am I not surprised?

Almost 1,700 priests and clergy accused of sex abuse are unsupervised.

www.nbcnews.com/news/religion/nearly-1-700-priests-clergy-accused-sex-abuse-are-unsupervised-n1062396

Jeanne Mayell, PamP, Lilinoe and 5 people reacted
(@triciact)

Amy Klobuchar and Mayor Pete both endorsed Biden

(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

I finally saw footage of the protesters rushing the stage tonight while Biden was talking.  

That was terrifying!  They kept coming and his wife and sister had to protect him.  These candidates must get SS protection.  They used to at this point in elections.  I happened to be present at a venue the secret service covered when Gary Hart was running.  It was actually the Secret Service, not "security".  They even came to scope out the venue days before the fundraiser took place. 

Why has this changed over the years?  Whoever is remaining after tonight should have it.  People are crazy and now that others will see how easy it is to cause a disturbance, others will try as well.

PamP, deetoo, TriciaCT and 3 people reacted
(@light)
Reputable Member Registered

@lovendures My guess is that the SS protection for Candidates was changed with Trump's policies.

Reading over the predictions for the 2020 election keeps my hopes high.   Biden is the moderate choice.  The country needs to regroup, to heal and move forward. 

Progressive policies will take time, because the darkness has taken over the Light. 

We have to straighten our course first. 

I just heard a song in my head a few minutes ago, remember in The Wizard of Oz, "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead"? An end to the last 4 years and the time to celebrate is coming!!!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPIdRJlzERo

PamP, Amyv, Mamaly and 11 people reacted
(@triciact)

I found an interesting tidbit that the NYT claims about Joe Biden: they say he actually asked Elizabeth to run with him if he ran in 2016.

"Biden has emphasized that his priority regarding a potential running mate is that he or she be “simpatico” with him on major issues. That could make Ms. Warren a challenging fit, though he reportedly wanted to run with her had he sought the presidency in 2016."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/05/us/politics/elizabeth-warren-endorsement.html

deetoo, PamP, deetoo and 1 people reacted
(@light)
Reputable Member Registered

There are several Predictions on this site that see a female president in the 2024 election.   I'm also thinking that it would be helpful if Joe has a female running mate in 2020.  Perhaps she will be the one who wins the presidency in 2024. 

deetoo, PamP, TriciaCT and 3 people reacted
(@triciact)

@light

THAT Is too funny - in our Nov 11 2019 read the future night one of the things I heard was "Ding dong Donnie is gone" LOL

deetoo, PamP, lenor and 5 people reacted
(@triciact)

As many of you on this site are, I am empathic.

I have vocally been in support of Elizabeth Warren or Bernie.

Lately though, I was picking up on Joe Biden, and really FEELING his thoughts about the whole election. First of all, I know that he was thinking of running in 2016, but he thought Hillery had it sewn up, he never thought that we would end up with the Orange nightmare.  I was sensing that he feels guilty for not running in 2016. He feels perhaps he could have helped the country by being elected and saving us from Trump.  He is also a man who has been through the mill emotionally. He has a wonderful wife in Jill, but he lost his first wife and child to a horrific car accident which also injured his two sons. He recently lost his son Beau. Yes he still has Hunter, and his daughter Ashley with Jill.  Deep down I sense he didn't really want to run again this time, but the democratic establishment begged him to do so. He is doing what he feels is right for the country. Whether you support him or like him or not, that is what I was sensing from him.

Just because I'm not an original supporter of his, I'll vote BLUE no matter who - down the line.  I'm only pointing this out because It came to me and I felt this man's pain and exhaustion lately. I would support him if he's the candidate and especially if he picks a progressive female like Elizabeth.

Lilinoe, Amyv, lynn and 15 people reacted
(@yofisofi)
Noble Member Registered

@triciact

Yes, that is my sense as well. His deep pain of loss and that he entered the race reluctantly.

Lilinoe, Amyv, deetoo and 5 people reacted
(@polarberry)

Assuming Biden is the nominee, and I pray he is, I would love to see him ask Kamala Harris to be VP.  She is smart as a whip.  She is amazing.

I think there is a prediction about Harris fading into the background, then re-emerging to prominence.  I'll look for it.

Other people I would love to see in his cabinet are Adam Schiff, Eric Swalwell, Ron Wyden, Elizabeth Warren, Stacey Abrams.

Biden's not perfect.  He makes gaffes. He exaggerates. He acted like an ass during the Anita Hill hearings. But I maintain he is the one to beat Trump. Like Rick Wilson said, win first, then advocate for change.  Because if we don't beat T & the thugs, everyone's hopes and dreams and wishes and personal opinions aren't going to matter.  Think things are hard now? We'll be lucky to have a country, let along healthcare, living wages, social change or anything else. Biden supporters can think Sanders doesn't care, and Sanders supporters can think Biden doesn't care, but the one thing we know is that both of them care a h*ll of a lot more than T. 

Thanks to him and Obama and many others, we now have no financial cap on our healthcare and pre-existing, and our children, are covered.

Lilinoe, Scorpius, RosieHeart and 15 people reacted
Page 3 / 31
Share: