Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Joe Biden

(@dolphinspirit)
Noble Member Registered

Posted by: @5leafclover

@dolphinspirit If this were a more or less normal year, it would be next to impossible for a Democrat to win in Alabama. But things aren't normal. Don't count on your contribution to Doug Jones being a waste of money. If the Lincoln Project decides that Jones's opponent is too friendly to Trump, they might try to get Jones re-elected.

I really like Doug. Biden being Biden I hope will find a place for him, should he lose. I have decided to for the time being to target where my money will have the most value. The Princeton election study even had state reps in Texas that will make a difference for redistricting. I gave more to Gov. Bullock in Montana today and will find those micro places to donate, and where it just feels right. If Alabama is looking closer to blue I will give there again too. 

lenor, FEBbby23, deetoo and 7 people reacted
(@unk-p)
Illustrious Member Registered

I know this is not the "GI distress" thread, but i just about lost my cookies when some people were calling for a pardon for T yesterday.  We haven't even freed the babies from the cages he put them in, and yet they are wanting to let *him* walk. 

I hope that those who want him to be pardoned will at least vote against him on Election Day- unless voting against someone is also too "judgey".

Like Anne Lamott says, "It's enough to make Jesus drink gin- straight out of the dog bowl."

89 days

Isabelle, lenor, FEBbby23 and 21 people reacted
(@allyn)

@unk-p

Biden announced today that if his AD (whoever replaces Barr) decides to prosecute Trump, he would not stop him/her from doing so, saying that it is not the President's job to tell the Justice Department who to prosecute and who not to prosecute.

If Trump resigns (please God, let it happen) and Pence issues a blanket pardon, that might save Trump from the Justice Department, but it won't save him from the New York DA.

And don't forget that Trump's kids aren't immune.  They will go to prison, and there is nothing that Trump can do to stop it.  Even if Pence issues a pardon for the entire Trump family, this won't save them if they are implicated in the charges the New York DA is looking into.

Personally, I would love it if the New York DA announces indictments against Trump's kids in October.  Then he will melt down and do something stupid (as he always does.)  But that would be a great way to get the secret tax information regarding Trump out in the public.

Isabelle, FEBbby23, lenor and 17 people reacted
(@allyn)

Anyone have a vision or reading on Biden's VP pick?  I heard he has pushed his decision until next week, and I am curious as to what everyone thinks will happen.

Personally, he can pick anyone as far as I am concerned.  He can pick Britney Spears and I will still vote for him over Trump, but I am anxious for them to start printing campaign signs so I can show my support.  I am sick to death of the Trump signs saying "Keep America Great!"  As though 160,000 deaths and millions unemployed is proof of greatness! (If it is, I would prefer misery.)

Isabelle, lenor, FEBbby23 and 17 people reacted
(@seeker4)

@allyn  Am I the only one who is concerned that if Trump resigns, the GOP will pick up immediate votes from those who don't want to vote for Biden and now would have an excuse?  However, if it does happen, then I hope Pence remembers what happened to Gerald Ford after he pardoned Nixon.  Also, is anyone concerned about this GOP recruitment of Kanye West.  Why do they think it would take votes away from Biden when Kanye is a big Trump supporter?  Why wouldn't it take votes away from Trump.  

lenor, FEBbby23, deetoo and 9 people reacted
(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@unk-p

I follow Anne Lamott on Twitter.  She is an absolute delight.  Yesterday she posted her updated, alphabetical list of all the people she loathes.  

lenor, FEBbby23, deetoo and 7 people reacted
(@tgraf66)

Posted by: @seeker4

Why do they think it would take votes away from Biden when Kanye is a big Trump supporter? 

They know that KW is unelectable, but they don't care because they're desperate and grasping at straws now.  He's not even on the ballot in a few states because he missed the deadlines.  However, since most POC support Biden, the R's are hoping some of them will move to Kanye because they think POC are a monolithic entity that will always support "their own kind" regardless of who it is. ? 

Isabelle, Stargazer, lenor and 13 people reacted
(@unk-p)

@bluebelle i didn't know Anne was on Twitter, so thanks!

“You can tell if people are following Jesus, because they are feeding the poor, sharing their wealth, and trying to get everyone medical insurance.”
Anne Lamott

lenor, FEBbby23, Seeker4 and 11 people reacted
 PamP
(@pamp)
Famed Member Registered

@dannyboy Your graphic rocks!

DannyBoy, Unk p, DannyBoy and 1 people reacted
(@jewels-2)
Noble Member Registered

@lovendures

Pence would love that costume 

(@honeybee)
Reputable Member Registered

@bluebelle   I love Anne Lamott so much. I don't know that I have ever read someone who can tap into personal stories and experiences and then relate them in such a way to weave an explanation of the highs and lows of the human condition with such razor precision.  She is a dang genius.  AND funny. 

lenor, Seeker4, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
(@stargazer)

@allyn

Biden's VP is going to be a very important key person to strengthen the team he will bring in.... I see him distinctly with Kamala Harris and hope it's a true vision ....

(Umm, 'Britney Spears'?? LOLS!)

PamP, Isabelle, lenor and 13 people reacted
(@tgraf66)

When I think about elections and those running, I try to imagine seeing that person's name in headlines in the future.  Pence doesn't ring true for me as something I might see.  Biden I can see, but mainly because we saw his name in headlines before with the VP title, so that kind of does resonate.  When I think of the potential VP's, the only one I that feels right with the title of President or Vice President is Harris.  None of the others sound right to my ears.

PamP, Isabelle, Stargazer and 11 people reacted
(@mas1581)

@seeker4

Not concerned at all. If Trump resigns, it will be on Jan 19th at earliest, after the election is decided and he has burned down all he can. If he does, he will do so at the last minute, leaving Pence POTUS just long enough to sign the pardon.

PamP, lenor, FEBbby23 and 5 people reacted
(@seeker4)

@stargazer  Yes, I keep seeing Kamala too and have been for quite awhile.  

PamP, Isabelle, DolphinSpirit and 9 people reacted
(@writerjenny)
Noble Member Registered

@stargazer ditto on Kamala Harris. Before I even saw Biden I saw her on the winning ticket.

PamP, Isabelle, Stargazer and 3 people reacted
(@share)
Famed Member Registered

Greetings friends, I’m back from my National Parks Road Trip.  Just wanted to say that during my visits to Glacier, Yellowstone and The Grand Tetons, every time I looked at the jagged peaks I see Biden smiling.  There were many nights I even dreamt of the mountains, it was nice and peaceful and always with Biden’s face on the mountains smiling.  

I feel like this is telling me that Biden will overcome every obstacle and will rise above those that are trying to take him down; there’s always changes with different forces to these grand mountains but it stands tall and have withered the changes.  

I have so much to catch up on but sending you all my love.

share the love and light

PamP, LalaBella, ghandigirl and 25 people reacted
(@unk-p)

8       8

8     8

8    8

8   8

8  8

8 8

(days until the election)

Curiously, 88 is also used to mean "bye bye (拜拜)" in Chinese-language chats, text messages, SMSs and IMs.                                 

PamP, Isabelle, ghandigirl and 25 people reacted
(@stargazer)

@unk-p

Heh, the Chinese do have a sense of humor.... ?

8~8 .... also a very significant number of infinity.... coming up tomorrow at the Apex of the Lionsgate energies .... ?

Don't forget who you really are ....

PamP, deetoo, Lilinoe and 5 people reacted
(@unk-p)

Don’t Dream It’s Over

There is freedom within, there is freedom without
Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup
There's a battle ahead, many battles are lost
But you'll never see the end of the road
While you're traveling with me
Hey now, hey now
Don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
To build a wall between us
We know they won't win
Now I'm towing my car, there's a hole in the roof
My possessions are causing me suspicion but there's no proof
In the paper today tales of war and of waste
But you turn right over to the T.V. page
Hey now, hey now
Don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
We know they won't win
Now I'm walking again to the beat of a drum
And I'm counting the steps to the door of your heart
Only shadows ahead barely clearing the roof
Get to know the feeling of liberation and release
Hey now, hey now
Don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
We know they won't win
Don't let them win
Hey now, hey now
Don't let them win
Don't let them win

This song was a huge hit in for Crowded House in '87.  Could have easily been written this morning.

87 days

https://youtu.be/Cj_TyLte7S4

PamP, lolo57, Grace and 19 people reacted
Page 12 / 31
Share: