Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Joe Biden

(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@stargazer,

Ah yes ... Santana!!!  Not sure which two Santana greats you want to hear, but I wouldn't mind hearing "Everybody's Everything."  I played that Abraxus album until there weren't any more grooves in the record.  Really fantastic stuff.

@lovendures, I've got plenty of Depends to send you, in case you need them.

PamP, Seeker4, TriciaCT and 7 people reacted
(@stargazer)
Illustrious Member Registered

@deetoo

Yeah, see how Unk disappeared that fast to avoid the flack lols....

It's 'Bella' & 'Europa'/ Santana.... love it .... ?

PamP, TriciaCT, Unk p and 5 people reacted
(@unk-p)

@stargazer hey i just went upstairs to drop off your tunes!

PamP, deetoo, TriciaCT and 5 people reacted
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@deetoo @unk-p

THANK YOU.

I needed a giggle before bed.

PamP, Seeker4, deetoo and 7 people reacted
(@unk-p)

is it getting hot in here? or is it just me?  It feels like it must be

98 days 'till the election!

PamP, Jeanne Mayell, Lilinoe and 11 people reacted
(@dannyboy)

@unk-p  In the spirit of 98 days until the election, can we maybe all agree to throw some light towards an electoral map like FDR's second term?  (Go back in time to 1936)  If you need a visual, it's beautiful: https://www.270towin.com/historical-presidential-elections/timeline/  

PamP, deetoo, TriciaCT and 9 people reacted
(@unk-p)

@dannyboy yeah, that's the spirit! (but what was up w Maine & Vermont that time?)

PamP, deetoo, TriciaCT and 5 people reacted
(@unk-p)

Ninety-Seven

days, people!

PamP, Lilinoe, Stargazer and 15 people reacted
(@unk-p)

is more than just a position for dyslexic love-makers

it's also how many days until the election

? ? 

PamP, Vesta, DannyBoy and 19 people reacted
(@starpath)
Noble Member Registered

I woke up this morning after dreaming and the main thing I remembered was hearing some people talking in the dream about Biden's choice for a running mate.  The main person talking was saying something like, "He will pick a former prosecutor."  I woke up and thought it would probably be Kamala Harris.  He is probably going to announce soon.  My own personal preference was leaning towards Stacy Abrams. I haven't had a dream with any political subjects for some time. 

PamP, Isabelle, CC21 and 23 people reacted
(@dannyboy)

@unk-p in my spare time I do some freelance graphic design.  I'm working on a special graphic for a few of the milestone days.  First will be at day 90 :-) 

PamP, Lilinoe, Unk p and 3 people reacted
(@unk-p)

@dannyboy Yay! excited to see what you bring!

PamP, TriciaCT, Lilinoe and 3 people reacted
(@unk-p)

Today's bible verse is from Revelations, chapter 3, verse 5:

And the beast was given a mouth uttering haughty and blasphemous words, and it was allowed to exercise authority for forty-two months.

According to my calculator, July of 2020 makes 42 months.  Today is July 31.

If he doesn't leave today, we can still vote him out, in only

95 days

PamP, TriciaCT, Lilinoe and 15 people reacted
(@mas1581)

@unk-p

Not trying g to nitpick but I think you mean 13-5, not 3-5

PamP, TriciaCT, Seeker4 and 7 people reacted
(@unk-p)

@mas1581 thanks for catching that!  the editing window has closed, but yeah, it should have said 13-5

PamP, TriciaCT, Seeker4 and 7 people reacted
(@dannyboy)

@unk-p  - Okay so I did the day 90 and it's a very different and hopeful tone.  But I got so excited I decided to do the day 95 for today.  The goal was to make it messy.  Chaotic.  Kind of like the Cheeto in Chief.  

I actually thought I could attach a photo here but my guess is a spammer forced Jeanne to have to take it away.

95 Days Graphic

PamP, TriciaCT, ghandigirl and 13 people reacted
(@5leafclover)
Noble Member Participant

I would like to see a reading done specifically on the Lincoln Project which seeks mainly to purge certain very wrong Republicans from the party. This organization was founded in part by George Conway, the husband of Kelly Anne Conway who worked in the Trump administration. This organization seeks not only the defeat of Donald Trump who is seen as a dangerous autocrat, but also the defeat of his major senate supporters. How effective will this organization be in achieving its stated purpose? Is it exactly what it appears to be? Will contributions to the organization be used the way people expect?

PamP, TriciaCT, Lilinoe and 5 people reacted
(@dolphinspirit)
Noble Member Registered

Posted by: @5leafclover

I would like to see a reading done specifically on the Lincoln Project which seeks mainly to purge certain very wrong Republicans from the party. This organization was founded in part by George Conway, the husband of Kelly Anne Conway who worked in the Trump administration. This organization seeks not only the defeat of Donald Trump who is seen as a dangerous autocrat, but also the defeat of his major senate supporters. How effective will this organization be in achieving its stated purpose? Is it exactly what it appears to be? Will contributions to the organization be used the way people expect?

I am not a skilled card reader, but my intuition says they burned a bridge and will be dedicated to the cause until he is out. (If Trump is out before the election and someone else runs, could be a different story.)  They also want many of the "bootlickers" gone too. Assuming Trump stays in and is defeated, I imagine they want a little bit of influence in the early days. They want norms codified. They will form a center right party by 2022. That I think is where the test will be. Honestly, the center is a moving target, it sure has been in my lifetime. Now I think assuming Dems have a strong and quick legislative body of work the center will be more progressive than many may have assumed earlier this year. In the meantime, they are massively entertaining and destructive. 

The question I asked today is where is the senate race to give more money too? It was answered on Rick Wilson's podcast tonight. Montana, a state I used to live in. Ads are cheap there. (My old Media market)  Gov Bullock is a good guy. I still give to Doug Jones, but I know it's a probably dumb. I just like him.

PamP, TriciaCT, seaturtle26 and 13 people reacted
(@dannyboy)

@dolphinspirit

Posted by: @dolphinspirit

(If Trump is out before the election and someone else runs, could be a different story.)  They also want many of the "bootlickers" gone too. Assuming Trump stays in and is defeated, I imagine they want a little bit of influence in the early days. They want norms codified. They will form a center right party by 2022. That I think is where the test will be. Honestly, the center is a moving target, it sure has been in my lifetime. Now I think assuming Dems have a strong and quick legislative body of work the center will be more progressive than many may have assumed earlier this year. In the meantime, they are massively entertaining and destructive. 

I think they'll remain committed to the cause if he backs out and they put someone else in.  Of the frontrunners I can think of, Nicky Haley rises to the top of the list because she'd tick the "woman" box  and I think the RNC thinks if they ran a woman she'd win.  Trouble is, she also ticks a box for the Lincoln Project as "Boot Licker" - yes, she parted ways and has occasionally been critical.  But she's spent time working for him, and recently defending him via Twitter.  It would have to be someone like Mitt Romney to be put in place of Trump to get them to turn and even then I'm not sure.  I feel they're trying to teach the entire party a lesson about standing on principle.  I mean, Susan Collins disappoints me regularly, but she's still one of the more "right center" Republican Senators out there and they absolutely grilled her with their ad yesterday ?.

PamP, TriciaCT, seaturtle26 and 11 people reacted
(@unk-p)

@dannyboy great job on the countdown graphic!  Can't wait to see what else you come up with ? 

PamP, TriciaCT, DolphinSpirit and 7 people reacted
Page 10 / 31
Share: