Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Elizabeth Warren and Amy Kobuchar

(@triciact)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

The NYT editorial board came out to endorse Elizabeth Warren and Amy Klobuchar. They noted Elizabeth as the progressive candidate and Amy as the moderate one.  My pick is Warren!

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/01/19/opinion/amy-klobuchar-elizabeth-warren-nytimes-endorsement.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_200120

deetoo, shan, Jeanne Mayell and 11 people reacted
 Gina
(@gina)
Eminent Member Registered

Me, too! She's our best choice. And yes, of course a progressive woman can win. I see us losing if we go with Biden. We need enthusiasm and Biden just doesn't inspire folks. Klobuchar is so middle of the road. We need massive change, and Amy seems like more of the same. She's ok, Warren is fabulous!

deetoo, TriciaCT, lenor and 7 people reacted
(@turtle26)
Noble Member Registered

@triciact

I saw this as well! This seems to fit (regardless of the specific candidate) with the Queen of Wands that I received on the tarot reading last week when I asked about whether a democrat would win the presidency (it was the queen of wands paired with the world). 

Amyv, deetoo, shan and 9 people reacted
(@raindrop)
Prominent Member Registered

@triciact

I loved that the NYT broke with tradition to endorse two candidates, and that laid out quite elegantly why. I've been a Warren supporter, but I do admire Klobuchar, and feel she could be a very good leader as well. It's just kind of exciting to get a well-reasoned article that backs up these two.

deetoo, shan, TriciaCT and 9 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@triciact

Excellent article by the NYTimes editorial board on all of the democratic candidates.  I resonated with so many things they said. I also remembered a vision I had of the positive future when our collective spirits return to new highs. At the top of that rally were two women flashing victory signs. I once felt that Warren would  be president some day, but don't know if this is her time.   I also like Klobuchar and look forward to learning more about her. 

ghandigirl, deetoo, shan and 15 people reacted
(@mas1581)

I love Elizabeth Warren. Her rags to riches hard work experience along with her intellect is what has grabbed me from the start. Amy Klobuchar rubs me the wrong way, though. She is cold and calculated like Hillary was. There is also something she is hiding. I dont mean that in a criminal way, but something from her past(probably dealing with her father) is suppressed and needs to be dealt with before she can be emotionally free to make sound judgements in every circumstance. Granted I will vote for whomever the Dem candidate is this year, I fear she could also suffer the same fate as Hillary in a general election due to the coldness she expresses publically. 

deetoo, TriciaCT, Lilinoe and 3 people reacted
(@triciact)
Topic starter  

FUN Fact about Elizabeth Warren and Adam Schiff: BOTH are born on June 22!

Elizabeth: June 22, 1949,

Adam: June 22, 1960. - ALSO Adam's wife's name is Eve!!!

FEBbby23, CC21, Lilinoe and 7 people reacted
(@unk-p)

"Congress must act immediately to rein in our lawless Attorney General. Barr should resign or face impeachment. And Congress should use spending power to defund the AG’s authority to interfere with anything that affects Trump, his friends, or his elections."

-Elizabeth Warren, 2/12/2020

Amyv, raindrop, FEBbby23 and 13 people reacted
(@triciact)
Topic starter  

I simply admire Elizabeth so much. My mom would have too! GO Elizabeth!

Amyv, raindrop, deetoo and 7 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@triciact She is what America needs, but I don't know if America deserves her yet. She is the real deal. She is smart.  She knows what we need and she is willing to sacrifice to get it. She will not sell out ever. 

Stillnessnmind, Amyv, raindrop and 11 people reacted
(@triciact)
Topic starter  

Warren was considered the "winner" of last night's debate. YAY. GO girl

Amyv, raindrop, seaturtle26 and 5 people reacted
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

I was able to watch the last hour of the debate.  Elizabeth was on fire -- she was great.  Bloomberg certainly didn't know what hit him!  I especially liked how Warren defended Klobuchar after Pete kept hounding Amy about forgetting the name of the Mexican president. 

I really pray that Warren comes out in front, but I fear that she might be ahead of her time.  Then again, maybe it has more to do with how the media drives public opinion?  I'm not sure.  What do you all think?

kksali, raindrop, herondreams and 7 people reacted
(@blackandwhite)
Noble Member Registered

Warren is one of my favorites in the Dem candidate race but you kind of have to ask yourself if anything that took place in last nights debate actually matter, even as interesting as it was. Meaning alot of the candidates have been defined by they platform with the exception of Bloomberg or as i like to call him, Bloomer. I think most dems know who they are going to vote for during the primaries and you'll see alot of candidates drop off the race by the first and second week of march ( tulsi, Steyer, maybe even Amy and Biden). 

In every election the candidate that promises the most change is generally the one to win the election this was true for Obama in 2008 and Trump in 2016.  Right now, the ones representing that change are Bernie or Pete, both are the boldest opposites of Trump. 

Its a shame that Warren has been losing support until yesterday, she deserves the win. 

Amyv, deetoo, herondreams and 5 people reacted
(@blackandwhite)
Noble Member Registered

BTW, I do recognize that its still too early to say but this does shine a positive light into the outcome of the 2020 campaign.

Hopefully democratic participation will stay strong.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-enthusiasm-exclusive/exclusive-ahead-of-2020-election-a-blue-wave-is-rising-in-the-cities-polling-analysis-shows-idUSKBN20D1EG

for those that say TLDR: article basically states blue wave rising in cities and conservative momentum in rural areas waning. 

deetoo and deetoo reacted
(@mas1581)

Warren skewered Bloomberg last night. It was brutal and he never saw it coming. His sexism is what led him to walk right into it unarmed, which is beautiful irony. He expected one of the men to go after him on stop and frisk-most likely Biden. He never saw it coming from some weak old woman who would never stand up to him. Right out of the gates she took him on and never let up. It was pretty clear to me also that if she gets the nomination, Klobuchar will be her VP pick. I like that situation a lot. Amy has her demons but as VP she can work thru them and then take over in 2024 or 2028. Bernie and Buttigieg look like they are going to destroy each other battling for first and I definitely see a path to victory for Warren or Klobuchar now. Bloomberg is done. It doesnt matter how much he spends, Warren painted him as Trump 2.0 and any misogynistic voters out there that might be intrigued lost all respect for him when a woman took him out with perfect precision last night.

Stillnessnmind, herondreams, Lovendures and 13 people reacted
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

TriciaCT, Scorpius, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
Share: