Notifications
Clear all

AZ- MarK Kelly vs. Martha McSally  

RSS

(@lovendures)
Noble Member Registered
05/19/2020 11:16 am  

In a new poll, Mc Sally is losing badly against Mark Kelly.  Kelly is a former Space Shuttle commander, Navy captain and husband to former Rep. Gabby Giffords who was shot in the head, nearly dying,  at congressional meet and greet in her home district of Tucson a few years ago.  Kelly is not progressive, he is more moderate.  I have had great respect for him for many years now and am so encouraged about his senate run.  

Arizona is a major swing state.

h https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/laurieroberts/2020/05/19/sen-martha-mcsally-slides-new-poll-and-thats-not-even-bad-news/5218402002/

Lenor, ghandigirl, Jeans3head and 7 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@dhyanaji)
Trusted Member Registered
05/19/2020 10:22 pm  

@lovendures    I do see Kelley handily beating McSally-Kelley has garnered much respect and enthusiasm for how he handled the shooting and near-death experience of his wife, Rep.Giggords. He has maintained a  very sensible public profile since that tragic incident in his advocacy for strengthening gun laws. I see him as a much needed voice and a shoo-in for the seat.

FEBbby23, ghandigirl, Polarberry and 5 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Famed Member Admin
05/22/2020 10:54 am  

For anyone who doesn't know, McSally is a Republican and Kelly is a democrat and they are running against each other in the Arizona Special Senate election.  

ReplyQuote
(@jessi1978)
Reputable Member Registered
05/22/2020 5:16 pm  

@jeanne-mayell

I read that T and Turtle are worried about her.

Senior political advisers to President Donald Trump warned Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell Thursday that Republican Sen. Martha McSally is falling dangerously behind in the critical swing state of Arizona.

Trump’s campaign team was meeting with the president at the White House to discuss the state of play in a handful of battleground states. Toward the end of the meeting, Trump pulled McConnell, who was at the White House to meet with him on another matter, into the Roosevelt Room. The discussion turned to Arizona, where recent polling has shown Trump and McSally trailing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/05/21/trump-senate-mcsally-arizona-273555

Lilinoe, Unk p, Lovendures and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@dhyanaji)
Trusted Member Registered
05/22/2020 6:27 pm  

@jessi1978     It'll be 2 for 1 punch in Arizona as We all love the classic heroes and we also love stories about Survivors/The Phoenix and those that rise from the ashes so to speak. Kelly is the classic American hero and his wife, Gabby Gifford truly is a survivor having survived the attempt on her life and subsequent gunshot wound that she took to the head. As I stated the other day I feel Kelly will handily win. Thanx for posting how panicked T is about it. In a perverse way it gives me comfort!!! Oh, and I guess most of you have heard, Val Demings, a woman of color and extremely accomplished stated this a.m. that she too is under consideration for the V.P. seat. That is great news and I wholeheartedly agree that a woman whether of color or not, is indeed a much overdo step forward! Again, as continue to say, black women make up one of if not the biggest voting blocs in the Dem Party and I fear that many of them might sit out the Election or not actively campaign. They have waited far too long to have a seat at the table. Namaste'

Lilinoe, Unk p, Lovendures and 3 people liked
ReplyQuote
Share: