Will Evil Deeds in ...

Notifications
Clear all

Will Evil Deeds in our Political System go Unpunished?

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

I hear this question a lot. Will the Right wing leadership and the oligarchs ever have to pay for what they've done - to people, to civilization, to the living earth?  One of my students, Judy S., a gifted trance medium, told me during a trance that their genetic material will become extinct.

I have felt that a time will come when people will deny that they were ever associated with the Republican Party.  Some of those in power now will end up doing prison time -- Jared Kushner being one of the more famous.  

The Fossil Fuel industry will go bankrupt from lawsuits.

KB, LB, Melissa and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@natalie)
Noble Member Registered

Thank you Jeanne. My condolences on your loss. I wonder what she meant by their genetic material will become extinct, are they biologically different from other people. I don't think that when people start pretending that they never supported the republicans, that I'll let them get away with that lie so easily, they have to answer for their malicious voting patterns just as much as those they vote for and their billionaire backers do. 

ReplyQuote
(@melissa)
Honorable Member Registered

Hi Elaine, thanks so much for your comment because it has stirred up a lot of thoughts in trying to figure out for myself what it means to be American. Parts of it are great, but with many things in life, Americanism is in the eye of the beholder. Yes, our country was founded on the ideals of “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness,” but of course those ideals did not apply to women or anyone with more melanin in their skin.

And now, as we are seeing, what was clearly intended as a solution to an oppressive monarchy—“the pursuit of happiness”—gets twisted into an excuse for greed and abuse of others.

It does bring immense comfort to know that Jeanne is seeing people being brought to justice. But I’m also interested in seeing more glimpses into what comes after that. Creating and upholding laws can only take us so far—and apparently not very far at all these days…. What really needs to change is what is in our hearts, a shift in consciousness; a re-framing of our constitution to include the pursuit of compassion, honesty, and personal responsibility. And not just on the surface or on our Facebook pages, but truly in our hearts and thoughts and day to day choices—not because we are afraid of consequences of jail or going to hell, but because we just really want to be that way.

It’s unfortunate that we must experience large scale, across the board suffering to get to that place of compassion, but so far that is what’s in the cards. So….here we go….

KB and KB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@diana11)
Reputable Member Registered

That's great to know. It's time for people to see truth in what is going on and be held accountable for wrongdoings!

ReplyQuote
(@quiet)
Reputable Member Registered

I almost posted in this in the thread about James Comey. 

Some folks I follow online claim to have sources in the investigations, (it's interesting to compare what they say to what is said here), and they've stated that the firing of Comey will speed things up, if anything. Yesterday, there was an FBI raid of Republican campaign consultant firm. They speculate that this is part of the overall investigation. Link: 

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/anne-arundel/ph-ac-cn-fbi-raid-0512-20170511-story.html

The actions, or lack thereof, of the Republican party, above Trump's behavior is distressing. Thanks to all for your work, and providing a glimmer of hope in these dark times.

ReplyQuote
Share: