Clear all

Tussi Gabbard Democrat from Hawaii

11 Posts
8 Users
52 Likes
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest
Topic starter  

Tussi Gabbard she will be declaring next week  that she will run for the 2020 election. Any thoughts on her? I have not heard of her until now. I love how more women are up to the challenge. I have read that Kamal Harris is also thinking of running. 

ReplyQuote
(@dcd2510)
Reputable Member Registered

Tulsi has some really good positions, being for Medicare for All, Green New Deal etc. I do hope though that when it comes to voting, Progressives rally around one candidate so they don't split the vote.

mariad and mariad reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)
Illustrious Member Registered

She gives me the creeps.  Some of her positions may be progressive, but there's something about her that makes me very uneasy. She met with Assad, and is somewhat pro-Russia.  I am really suspicious of her.  Every time I see her on TV I get the worst feeling. She's bad news. 

Lawrence, Jeanne Mayell, RosieHeart and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)

Lynn might be on to something. I don't think she should be given a free pass just because she is associated with Sanders and the progressive wing of the Democratic party. Her defining positions revolve around foreign policy, and she has described herself as "hawkish" when it comes to terrorism (as opposed to being "a dove" on regime change). She supported enhanced vetting procedures for asylum seekers from Syria and Iraq during the Obama years, which earned her the admiration of Steve Bannon. She is also friendly towards Narendra Modi, the Hindu nationalist prime minister of India who turned a blind eye towards pogroms of Muslim communities in Gujarat in the early 200os. 

But just looking at the stage being set for the 2020 elections, I'm not sure her stated campaign focus of "war and peace" is going to stand out in an election cycle that will probably be defined by domestic economic issues. She may just end up being one more face among many contenders.

Jeanne Mayell, LalaBella, CDeanne and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Lynn and Coyote,  my "radar" about Tussi Gabbard is a huge "meh."

LalaBella, mariad, CDeanne and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

She makes me nervous because during one of the RV exercises, I saw a dark haired woman on the podium for the 2021 inauguration. I saw that some people were cheering, thinking things were finally going to change, but many were crying because they saw the woman as fake/a liar, who was going to further betray the country. At the time of the exercise I thought maybe it was Nikki Halley, but she looked like Tulsi Gabbard as well...

Lawrence, BlueBelle, Lawrence and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

Tulsi is bad news. Been doing research. She's very pro Assad, Trump and anti-Gay. https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-conservative-media-and-the-far-right-love-tulsi-gabbard-for-president

Unk p, BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)

I read about her anti-gay positions (which she has now retracted) and some other stuff after I posted my comments a few days ago. I also thought about the prediction that Laura refers to in her post. I'm telling you folks, she gives me a bad feeling. Can she be another Russian plant?  I feel like she could be. Bluebelle, I hope you're right and she's just a meh. I fear she's something more.

Unk p, BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator

I’ve been reading more about Tulsi, too.... Yuck.  It’s hard to believe she’s a Democrat.  Throw in the fact that Steve Bannon likes her and this whole candidacy seems fishy.  Will keep an eye on this.

Lawrence, villager, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

My gut on her is she's an opportunist. I look for congruence in a person, an internal consistency.  I see it in Kamala Harris, Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden, Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Barack Obama. I do not see it in Gabbard and I do not trust her. 

Thank you, Jessi,  for staring this important thread and for the rest of you for weighing in. I couldn't catch up to it until now, and am so glad you all jumped in.  

Lawrence, BlueBelle, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dcd2510)
Reputable Member Registered

I am also concerned about Tulsi. I think while some of her economic ones are ok, her social ones aren't.

ReplyQuote
Share: