Trump/Whitaker v.s....

Notifications
Clear all

Trump/Whitaker v.s. Mueller Investigation

(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

Mathew Whitaker, who has been called the “eyes and ears” of the White House inside the Justice Department by John Kelly, Mr. Trump’s chief of staff,  is now Acting Attorney General as appointed by President Trump.

And while not yet officially recognized as such by the Senate, has placed the Mueller Investigation under potentially dangerous crosshairs .

Whitaker has expressed a large degree of hostility to the investigation to which he is now charged with overseeing. 

And while Jeff Sessions recused himself from the investigation (much to Trumps intense ire), Whitaker may have the potential to cause great harm to the proceedings.

He has called the investigation in the past  a “witch hunt” and, in its earliest months, wrote an opinion piece arguing that Mr. Mueller was coming “dangerously close” to crossing a “red line” by investigating the president’s finances.

He has suggested there was nothing wrong in Mr. Trump’s 2017 firing of James Comey, the F.B.I. director, and he has been reported to have said that he supported the prosecution of Hillary Clinton.

In an interview last year he described “a scenario where Jeff Sessions is replaced with a recess appointment, and that attorney general doesn’t fire Mueller, but he just reduces his budget to so low that his investigation grinds to almost a halt.

New York Times op ed

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Yes, we are going to the Boston Common today to gather in protest.   The next two weeks are going to be critical in galvanizing a public reaction to Trump's move to thwart the investigation.  Clearly he's doing it now before the blue House of Representatives convenes  in January.  He thinks he can destroy the Mueller probe so that when the House reconvenes  it will have been crushed.  

So anyone who wants to show the government  that they are against Trump's action -- today at 5 pm local time -- you can join your local community at a gathering spot.  There are many gathering spots where I live near Boston. I feel the best place is to go to the biggest protest which will be in Boston Common.  If you can get to the city near you, that will be the most powerful protest, but if not, there are already protests being organized close to you:    https://act.moveon.org/event/mueller-firing-rapid-response-events/search/

The press will be recording how many people show up and they will be looking at the cities. 

Bernie Sanders reacted quickly warning Trump against removing Mueller.  

Matt, Michele, Matt and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Merging the rest of this discussion with topic Sessions Fired -- Trump/Whitaker vs Mueller: What will Happen?  https://www.jeannemayell.com/community/u-s-politics/sessions-fired-predictions-on-what-happens-with-mueller/#post-8607

Matt and Matt reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you,  Jeanne. Neither of my devices showed your topic in any checks, recent posts, or unread. Happy to have you delete mine.

Matt, Jeanne Mayell, Matt and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: