Honorable Member Registered

ReplyQuote
(@lauri-h)
Estimable Member Registered

A ray of hope!

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

Wow, another sign of liberty, frat/maternity and above all needed now..equality to come as we look in the mirror and co-create ' the more beautiful world our hearts know is possible'.

Oregon elected its first Trans mayor in Silverton, Oregon in 2008, multiple terms and we currently have a re-elected Bisexual and highly qualified woman governor.

This new and wonderful election of Andrea Jenkins is one more step to releasing fear (anger/hatred) and seeing the "other" as truly our self.

Just awesome!

ReplyQuote
 vida
(@vida)
Reputable Member Registered

Danica Roem is part of my "resistance" community. Last night was incredibly uplifting for all of us. :)  

Jeanne Mayell, diana11, Shawn and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@runestoneone)
Noble Member Registered

I heard her on Lawrence O'Donnell last night, & found her really solid.  It was quite uplifting to hear such a sane, balanced, thoughtful voice after the last year!  I, for one, woke up feeling actually hopeful for the first time in 18 months, knowing that the US is still capable of electing good people like Danica.

Jeanne Mayell, diana11, Shawn and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hererightnow)
Honorable Member Registered

This is very welcome and positive news for America, where politics seems very conservative.  Here in New Zealand, we had our first transsexual Member of Parliament (I guess that is the same as a Congress person?) 1999. We also have a Green Party in parliament too, with much needed emphasis on the environment and wildlife. 

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Warrior witch, thank you for posting.  Watching these women speak lifts me up.

ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)
Illustrious Member Registered

I think it's such a gas that Danica whipped that nasty old homophobe in Va. I totally want to have a beer with her!

ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

She won in a district I used to work in. Prince William County? Way to go! I was surprised, as it's an area not known for being liberal (albeit also not known for hyper-conservatism).

ReplyQuote
(@diana11)
Reputable Member Registered

I didn't know this but Chelsea Handler is part of this organization that helped get a lot of these women elected. This is the organization  http://www.emilyslist.org/ and they're all about getting pro-choice Democratic women into offices. In wake of all the sexual misconduct allegation, the only way men are going to respect women is if more women are in power. This is definitely a ray of hope and the beginning of the fall of the patriarchy.  

ReplyQuote
Share: