The Lies that Donal...

Notifications
Clear all

The Lies that Donald Trump Tells

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Setting up this topic for anyone who wants to put the lies in one place. When we eat toxic food, our body tries to excrete it, but if we keep eating toxic food on a daily basis, our body in its wisdom will sequester it and stick it somewhere. So should anyone feel compelled to write about yet another lie coming from that man's mouth, feel free to stick it here.  

We shouldn't become habituated to the lies. We need to call them out.  So here is a place to call out the lies.  If you have a friend who is unaware that some of the statements are in fact untruths, then you can send them here. 

[Note: If you can't read this information without it causing excessive distress, then do not read it. Being a heart warrior means taking care of yourself.  I don't listen to that man's voice, I don't watch videos of him. But neither do I put my head in the sand.  I want to face the truth of our world head on. I want to expose lies.]

Today CNN issued a new statistic.  That leading up to the Midterms, Donald Trump telling an average of 30 lies a day over the past seven weeks.  Know it for what it is - the desperate ravings of one who leads the lunatic fringe in this country.  And call out the lies when you read them.

Nov. 2, 2018 CNN:  "Trump told 83 lies in one day.  "Trump is averaging -- AVERAGING -- 30 false or misleading claims a day in the last seven weeks. And, per the Fact Checker, he often of late soars far above that average. As one example: On October 22, when he traveled to Houston to hold a rally for Texas Sen. Ted Cruz (R), Trump, said 83 untrue things in a single day. 83!

"The scope of Trump's falsehoods is literally breathtaking. In the 649 days between his inauguration and October 30, Trump has made 6,420 claims that are partially or entirely false. That includes a number of assertions -- that the Russia probe being overseen by special counsel Robert Mueller is a hoax, that the Trump tax cut was the biggest in history -- that Trump has repeated ad infinitum. He's said the Russia investigation is a hoax or a witch hunt 157 times and claimed his was the biggest tax cut ever 120 times, according to the Fact-Checker.)" -- CNN

CDeanne, Unk p, Sophie and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Just when we thought it couldn't get more monstrous, 

Last night in one of his rallies that he held in Missouri,  reported here in The Washington Post, he said:

The Democrats want to continue giving automatic birthright citizenship to every child born to an illegal alien. Even if they’ve been on our soil for a mere matter of seconds. Hundreds of thousands of children born to illegal immigrants are made automatic citizens of the United States every year, because of this crazy lunatic policy that we can end.

And they’re all made instantly eligible for every privilege and benefit of American citizenship. All of you, you get nothing more than they do. They’re full citizens. And it’s costing us many, many billions of dollars a year. --Donald Trump

The Lies: 

1. That this policy is from the Democrats.  No, it's bedrock American policy that is part of the Fourteenth Amendment of the U .S. Constitution, adopted right after the Civil War. This policy is part of what makes America what it has prided  itself in being. 

2. That this policy is "a crazy lunatic policy."  No, it's bedrock American policy that is part of the Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution, adopted and passed by a supermajority (two/thirds) of the U.S. Congress.  

3. That the children of immigrants who are automatically granted citizenship because they are born here are " costing us many, many billions of dollars a year."  This is  a  monstrous hateful untruth that he made up in order to get people riled up against immigrant citizens.  

This hate speech is unAmerican, discriminatory, and is a lie.

Anita, CDeanne, Unk p and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

I started this topic because I sense we are on the verge of something.  It is Donald Trump's desperate leap from the truth to protect himself. 

I can't say how it will turn out in the short term, although know in my heart that he and the GOP will lose big in the long term. 

But there's a shift right now. And we need strength and truth in our hearts.  We need, as Bright Opal wrote in her latest predictions, to "fight, fight, fight!"  And we fight with light, with truth, and with belief in the truth. 

We fight by calling out the lies and by going to the polls and by doing all we can to get others to vote and see the truth. 

Here's another article by our ever faithful, brave press. 

Trump's Lies have Grown Far More Frequent and more Dangerous   

CDeanne, Unk p, Sophie and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)
Illustrious Member Registered

Last night I posted the following in another thread, "Astrology and Our Predictions":

11/22 – The Sun moves into Sagittarius. Shining a light on Truth and Justice. Look for big news here (likely even before this date) from the Mueller investigation. Large breaking stories and deep reporting are also likely to come to light.  

Especially because...

11/23 – Full Moon in Gemini, which will square Mars in Pisces.

This full moon, with its light shed entirely by the sun in Sagittarius (Truth & Justice), will be all about the unraveling of lies. Incidentally, Trump's natal sun is in Gemini and his moon is in Sagittarius—a diametrical axis!

... Got a feeling that Trump or what matters most to him—his name, money, company, and/or family—will be hit hard as a result of his constitutional incapacity to tell the truth. 

BlueBelle, CDeanne, Unk p and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Thank you, Vestralux.   I love this astrology.   It fits predictions of unraveling coming up.   

VestraLux and VestraLux reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Let the unraveling come to an end. Let’s face it he has been unraveling since the beginning. He is already saying if the loses the House he will figure it out ? I would love to see that.  Also, the emolument case against him regarding his Washington hotel is going forward www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/politics/federal-judge-allows-emoluments-case-against-trump-to-proceed/2018/07/25/c8070206-8fa4-11e8-8322-b5482bf5e0f5_story.html

ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

This may have been posted elsewhere, but here's some very disconcerting news that Rachel Maddow reported on Friday after Citizens for Responsibility and Ethic in Washington (CREW) discovered an alarming previously undisclosed ethics waiver that may impact the Mueller investigation.

If Rosenstein is fired (or quits), the next in line to oversee the probe is Solicitor General Noel Francisco. Apparently, Trump signed this ethics waiver in secret in order to prevent Noel Francisco, who has HUGE conflicts of interests, from being forced to recuse from the Russia probe should he find himself ascended in the position of its overseer. 

A short list of Francisco's conflicts?

"[H]is former law firm, Jones Day, represents the Trump Presidential Campaign in the Special Counsel investigation. Also, Mr. Francisco has a continuing financial relationship with Jones Day, which owes him more than half a million dollars. In addition, he previously appeared before the Justice Department as a member of a “Landing Team” on behalf of the Presidential Transition Team."

Marley and Marley reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Hi VestraLux.  I saw that segment on Rachel Maddox, too, and it’s deeply disturbing.  Everything seems overwhelming right now and it seems like everyday, more diabolical events scare me:  this undisclosed ethics waiver, voter suppression, a Supreme Court rigged for the Republicans, Republicans who turn a blind eye to the corrupt behavior of this administration and the looming possibility that our country is sliding into authoritarianism.  The list goes on and on.

However, I’ve forseen a blue wave coming for months.   Then four weeks ago, I threw cards on the midterms and again saw the blue wave, this time sweeping the House.  I saw control of the Senate so close that it ended up under dispute without a resolution for weeks or months.  That was a month ago and it’s still resonating with me.    Even if the Dems take the House, there will be desperate maneuvering by this president to change the attorney general, to shut down Mueller’s investigation.  There are so many Republicans complicit in supporting this cult of Trump, it’s going to take a long time to bring back a healthy democracy.  

So for now, I’m focused on positive energy and believing we are going to pull ourselves back from the brink.  Every time I start imagining the worst, I stop myself and replace those thoughts and fears and all that negative energy with positive, glowing light, with belief that we in the collective can make a difference.  We were meant for this.

mariad, Marley, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

BlueBelle, I've seen the very same probability wave that you do, and I still see it. And I've also been working to reign myself back from fear and doubt each time my nerves get the better of me. I find that listening to news reports (more than reading them) is occasionally too much for me, so I'm learning when to click stop and step away. 

There are many forces on the other side working hard to create chaos, and they'll be successful to whatever extent we allow but at the end of the day, I believe democracy has a sacred purpose—and therefore so does America. Part of that purpose involves overcoming our darkest collective shadows. You have to acknowledge a thing before you can heal it, however, which is what this time is really about, I feel.

I see Trump making a sneak-attack on Rosenstein, but I feel it will backfire on him hard in the final outcome—just like firing Comey has with the appointment of the Special Counsel. And I think we have every reason to trust that Robert Mueller has planned for every possible contingency. If he finds himself removed early, his work will still find purchase. So, no matter how rocky or shocking or defeated we may feel over the next many months, I have unshakable faith that our better angels will eventually prevail. Too many great men and women died in service of that cause, and they're all here now, lending their light and support.

I love what you said, and I agree: we were meant for this. 

mariad, BlueBelle, Flor and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

My head is spinning from the amount told in just a day.  Between that and his nastiness toward reporters and others today is so unfortunate.

The Acosta doctored video, April Ryan and African American journalists, election voting process in close state like Arizona and Florida.  "Finding votes out of nowhere". He knows Whitaker very well, he doesn't know Whitaker.

JK Rowling summed it up best regarding the doctored Acosta video both Trump and Sanders have touted as the reason for his WH credentials being revoked.  It is from 1984.

“And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed—if all records told the same tale—then the lie passed into history and became truth,” Rowling wrote, referencing Orwell’s tale about a society controlled by a lurking totalitarian dictator.

mariad, Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)

Lovendures

That is classic Trump. He called on Acosta to pick a fight, picked the fight, and then when it didnt get enough media coverage he revoked Acostas pass. This is the game he wants to play amd its a good one. The media has no correct way to respond so Trump wins. Either they fight back and give him what he wants in a distraction or they roll over and die and he wins by being the strongman. This is how he has gotten away with everything he has done. When the news cycle changes by the minute with something new and outrageous he does, nothing ever has the ability to have its magnitude sink in. Remember when he put Bannon in the NSA meetings? Remember when he said that a judge couldnt be fair because he was Mexican? Remember when he begged the Mexican President to just go with him on them paying for the wall? Remember when he hung up on the Australian PM?

Noone does because its eons ago in the news cycle. Those things seems so tame now because they are in comparison. This is what he does best and Acosta and Sessions are just the next in line to be forgotten when he does something even more outlandish.

mariad, Michele, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

Chaos works for Trump.  Chaos, lies, outrageous ethics violations-all these are tools tRump uses to distract the public.  It’s very effective, but journalists, Democrats, never Trumper Republicans are not taking this lying down and they are not cowed into silence.  (“Silence like a cancer grows.”). Everyday more election results are coming in and it’s more and more evident that the Blue Wave was real.  The numbers are telling a story that desperate tRump wants to cover up.  People across this country voted against Trump.  We need to just buckle up and stay positive through the next two months until the the Democrats take control of the House.  Expect outrageous behaviors from a cornered President.  If junior is indicted soon, his father will lash out and in his fury, he will make mistakes.

VestraLux, Lovendures, Jeanne Mayell and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)

Bluebelle,

You are completely correct. Its just going to keep getting worse the closer he comes to his demise. I just thank the heavens that Trump is as dumb as a box of rocks. If he had Hitler's intellect, it would already be checkmate on us. Ive always found that there is no use for stupidity or proud ignorance (I know its bad but noone is perfect and Im aware of the problem) but he has proven my feeling wrong. I have never been so happy about stupidity in my life as I am about his.

Lovendures, Jeanne Mayell, TaG22 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

MAS1581, oh I'm laughing out loud.  I needed that!

Jeanne Mayell, MAS1581, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

For a good laugh about Trump and the lies he tells. I think the reboot of Murphy Brown did a good job 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XttAbSxgyrk

Lovendures, TaG22, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: