The Impeachment of ...

Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The Impeachment of Donald Trump

Baba
(@baba)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@JourneyWithMe2 In the vision, it did look more like a stuffed animal toy than a real one. I really struggle with going deeper into anything that has to do with harm to children or animals, so if it is something that awful my psyche would probably not want to go there.

At the time, the impression that I had was that it had more to do with something concrete, measurable and shocking being discovered with regard to cheating in the last election and in a place with orange trees. 

Time will tell if anything comes of it. As I said before, I haven’t been doing this long enough to always have a good handle on what the symbols and objects that I see mean. I’m still learning, 

Jeanne Mayell, Lilinoe, FEBbby23 and 9 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)
Illustrious Member Registered

@baba

Oh I so hope. I can not bear the thoughts of harm to children and animals either. A survivor of Domestic Violence I have very strong feelings about harm done to women, children and animals. I think you are right on point about many things and you are quite Gifted. We are all still  learning and I thank you for sharing your incredible self with us.

Lilinoe, FEBbby23, deetoo and 7 people reacted
(@deetoo)

Check out the Youtube clip of Bill Maher's show from last night. I mostly don't like him at all, but he had some good points about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZIbipRpjJ4

@laura-f, my husband and I watched Bill Maher's show on Friday.   He really is on point in this segment.  And Maher has been saying this stuff for the past 3 years.  He was also saying that T could win, a year+ before the election.   We should always remain hopeful, but we shouldn't kid ourselves.  

In case you didn't watch his entire show, there's a very good segment towards the end of Friday's show where he interviews the woman who founded PETA, Ingrid Newkirk.  What a lovely, humble, light-filled human being Ingrid is.  Maher is a big animal rights activist.

Speaking of Maher:  I like him, with some ambivalance.  I agree with a lot of what he says, but I could do without his condescension and arrogance -- especially when he makes fun of anyone who is religious or has a spiritual faith/life.  My feeling is Maher hasn't reconciled that part of himself within himself.  Otherwise, he would shut up about it.

Lilinoe, lenor, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
(@triciact)

@laura-f

Yes, I do understand your point about the taxes. To me there has to be a form of mass protest. If not taxes, then just protest.  Americans are less likely to protest than other countries and that's why we don't hold our government to task the way France (for instance) does. That being said, I saw protests when we did the Read the Future night so this may change.

Hearing the GOP has made me so very angry. I feel like I'm MORE angry with the senate GOP than I am even Trump at this moment. Why? because we know what an evil shell he is and how corrupt but to see every single one of them stand by the devil is disheartening, which I'm sure we all share. Yesterday I felt vulnerable about it all. Less positive than I have felt before.

I even through some cards, which I didn't make a note of so I can't remember exactly, but lets just say they were positive cards!  I was surprised they were. Whenever I feel a certain way about something I can have my fears or my desires pop up, but I meditated and threw them. They were positive about outcomes in exposing T's guilt and him leaving, so I'm thinking there is more to come out. I'm sure the senate can't wait to acquit, but I think that they will pay at the November election.  I also get the feeling we could be looking at a 2nd impeachment.

@deetoo

My husband and I always watch Bill Maher. I feel the exact same way about him you do. I tend to agree with much of what he says, except for his total disregard for spiritual/religious beliefs. The things I do like about him is he puts his money where his mouth is, his political views as well as his care for animals and the environment are right on.  I like him.

Lilinoe, lenor, deetoo and 5 people reacted
(@deetoo)

@triciact,

Sorry that you didn't make note of the cards, but I'm glad they were positive!  That feels right to me.

Yes, Maher does put his money where his mouth is.  I really like that about him.  

I am feeling the same way as you about the need for peaceful mass protests.  I understand the risk -- that T. & his minions would probably call out the National Guard, and who knows what.  But all of these clowns work for the people.  And unfortunately, the people still haven't fully embraced that truth.

Like you, I am also more angry with the Senate GOP.  Shortly after T got into office, you kept hearing that our institutions would be a check on him, beginning with Congress.  I remember Joe Scarborough saying that in an almost cavalier way, among other Rs.  Even the Ds said that.  That's how Scarborough believed he legislated when he was in Congress, and he just knew these people, so we shouldn't be worried.  I'm generally a positive person, but I never believed it.  I knew in my heart that would never happen.   My heart was breaking long before we began to witness in real time the destruction of our institutions.   

So now Joe, among others, have left the R party and say, I don't understand what's happened with these former colleagues.  I thought I knew them. 

I guess these gutless sycophants in Congress never read, understood, or chose to live by, the words of Edward R. Morrow:  "We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our own history and our doctrine and remember that we are not descended from fearful men."

Yofisofi, Lilinoe, RosieHeart and 13 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@deetoo

I watched the Bill Maher clip. I resonated with his point about Trump refusing to leave office. 

I can't see Trump leaving voluntarily either.  I also think of something @Allyn wrote in a 1/23 post that without Trump,  the Republicans will be lost. @Allyn is right - not only will Trump not leave. There is a large network of supporters who will enable him to get away with it and I don't see how he will be stopped. 

If, however, the Senate and House are both turned blue.  And I pray it will be so. At one point I hoped it would be so. Then there's hope of getting him out. But everyone knows how corrupt the election system has become. We will have to have a land-slide to win. I think this will be the biggest voter participation in history.

Baba, Lilinoe, TriciaCT and 13 people reacted
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

I love Bill Maher and I am sure Ingrid Newkirk is a good woman. I am not a fan of PETA as they don't hesitate to collect stray animals and euthanize them. It's been a bone of contention for a while. I won't support them. This practice is all over the Internet, and they've been accused of much worse. Off topic I know.

TriciaCT, LalaBella, lenor and 3 people reacted
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

John Bolton has a book, of course why not everyone who leaves has one, in the book he said that “Mr. Bolton described how the Ukraine affair unfolded over several months until he departed the White House in September. He described not only the president’s private disparagement of Ukraine but also new details about senior cabinet officials who have publicly tried to sidestep involvement. For example, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo acknowledged privately that there was no basis to claims by the president’s lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani that the ambassador to Ukraine was corrupt and believed Mr. Giuliani may have been acting on behalf of other clients, Mr. Bolton wrote. Mr. Bolton also said that after the president’s July phone call with the president of Ukraine, he raised with Attorney General William P. Barr his concerns about Mr. Giuliani, who was pursuing a shadow Ukraine policy encouraged by the president, and told Mr. Barr that the president had mentioned him on the call. A spokeswoman for Mr. Barr denied that he learned of the call from Mr. Bolton; the Justice Department has said he learned about it only in mid-August.

This book was submitted to the White House before publication and hence why they don’t want him to testify.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/01/26/us/politics/trump-bolton-book-ukraine.amp.html

lenor, Baba, Lilinoe and 9 people reacted
(@deetoo)

What brought us here?

We have the prosperity of post WWII crossed with the lowest instincts of psychologically stunted men.

@jeanne-mayell, 

Yes Yes Yes!!

Thank you for your simple and brilliantly clear analysis of what brought us to this dangerous place in our country’s history.   When Reagan was President, I remember how sad I was when I’d hear some of my family members talk about welfare queens.  This occurred after years of Reagan and other politicians ginning up anti-poor (translation: anti-black) resentment in the late 70’s and 80’s.   Reagan was heavily involved in this crap long before he became President, and he shamelessly included it in his campaign.

My mother was a Democrat and didn’t like or vote for Reagan, yet she bought into some of his BS.  His administration’s propaganda was getting through, loud and clear.  The Republicans (and sadly some Democrats) loved all of it, and Reagan was canonized a saint shortly thereafter. 

What amazes me is how powerfully effective their message was, even before the creation of social media and the Internet.   And now we’ve arrived at this place in history.  And it’s a really scary time.  Yet I still know, in the depths of my being, that we will not only survive this -- we will transform it.

lenor, Baba, BlueBelle and 11 people reacted
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

just something to make you all smile: I asked my mother when Reagan was elected, when you watched him in the movies, did you ever dream he'd be President? She said, I didn't dream he'd be president this year.

TriciaCT, lenor, deetoo and 15 people reacted
(@triciact)

BREAKING NEWS:  John Bolton's book coming out on 3/17 (my birthday lol) ties Trump directly to holding aid for Ukraine! Now I wonder if they will have to have him testify!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/26/us/politics/trump-bolton-book-ukraine.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_200127

Lilinoe, BlueBelle, deetoo and 9 people reacted
(@triciact)

FUN Fact: I know many of us are so proud of Adam Schiff and how he is handling everything. Well the word SCHIFF in German means Ship.  So we have the right "captain" at the helm ? 

Lilinoe, FEBbby23, BlueBelle and 15 people reacted
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

I think Bolton WILL be called. I think he WILL show up. I think the sum total of his testimony will amount to "If you wanna know, buy my book."

BlueBelle, deetoo, lenor and 5 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Posted by: @baba At the time, the impression that I had was that it had more to do with something concrete, measurable and shocking being discovered with regard to cheating in the last election and in a place with orange trees. 

Bush W. won the election against Gore by preventing people from voting in Florida and steeling their 29 electoral votes.  Florida has the most swing state electoral votes and ties with NY for third most electoral votes. 

Lilinoe, BlueBelle, VestraLux and 9 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I thought someone here predicted that something would cause Republican senators to request witnesses. Here is Romney using the Bolton bookas a reason why they need witness testimony in these hearings.  He is saying that other senators want witness testimony, not just himself. 

Lilinoe, FEBbby23, Yofisofi and 15 people reacted
(@triciact)

@jeanne-mayell

@bluebelle on Jan 21st mentioned she saw them allowing witnesses. (I also mentioned on Jan 20 that a vedic astrologer I follow said the same thing)

Lilinoe, Jeanne Mayell, raindrop and 7 people reacted
(@deetoo)

Okay, folks ... time for a song.  This was created by a Daily Kos community member.  To those who love the song Hotel California, I'll sing along with you:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/1/27/1914455/-Welcome-to-the-Hotel-TRumplevania?utm_campaign=recent

Lilinoe, JourneyWithMe2, TriciaCT and 3 people reacted
(@triciact)

@Jeanne-mayell predicted this: 

I am watching the Congress in session. I see Benjamin Franklin is present (in spirit). He was a master negotiator and will help them figure out what to do to bring the country back while avoiding civil war.(Jeanne Mayell)Predicted 10.9.19 [Founding fathers were invoked during Impeachment hearings.] 

I happened to listen to two others that I follow on YT who said they saw George Washington place his hand on the shoulder of Adam Schiff during the impeachment hearing. I thought I would mention it since it coincided with what I believe Jeanne saw.

Lilinoe, FEBbby23, JourneyWithMe2 and 19 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@triciact

I love your reminder of the founding fathers in the hearings. Adam Schiff reminds me of John Adams. If ever there were a reincarnation going on here, I see Schiff is John Adams. Both are men of humble behavior and serious countenance.  

PamP, Yofisofi, TriciaCT and 15 people reacted
(@unk-p)

@deetoo

When Reagan was President, I remember how sad I was when I’d hear some of my family members talk about welfare queens. This occurred after years of Reagan and other politicians ginning up anti-poor (translation: anti-black) resentment in the late 70’s and 80’s. Reagan was heavily involved in this crap long before he became President, and he shamelessly included it in his campaign.

i imagine Mr. Raygun begging for spare change (spanging) on the side of that wide road that led him to Hell.   The hideous SUV of Karma slows down, lowers the window, and flips him the bird.

Jeanne Mayell, PamP, TriciaCT and 7 people reacted
Page 12 / 28
Share: