The Great Unravelin...

Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The Great Unraveling and the Great Turning - Rebuilding a Progressive America in the Future

(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@jessi1978

I've been reading about the attempts to squash the numbers in Florida.  It's simply outrageous.  There will be a reckoning.  I just know it.  Some of the real numbers may not be uncovered for quite a while, but it will all come out.  Some of the data that's already suppressed in FL, like the numbers of nursing home deaths, like the actual Covid death numbers, well it's going to be exposed.  It's scandalous.  I've read that comparison of monthly death rates from last year to this will also tell the tale.  They try to hide Covid deaths by listing them as pneumonia, etc.  There's a skyrocketing increase in pneumonia deaths in FL this year.  

PamP, teriz, lenor and 15 people reacted
(@grace)
Noble Member Registered

A friend posted the following on FB. If anyone here wants to send an email or postcard, I encourage you to. I did.

If you want to keep the COVID-19 data reporting open and available to the public and reported directly to the CDC please contact the Whitehouse now to let them know they should not be redirecting their data to a non-public HHS database first:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/

And/or send a postcard to:
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

PamP, teriz, lenor and 17 people reacted
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@grace

*ahem* address correction:

The White House

1600 BLACK LIVES MATTER BLVD

Washington DC 20500

PamP, Michele, lynn and 33 people reacted
(@dannyboy)
Illustrious Member Registered

@bluebelle I asked my brother about this because he's in the health care industry.  He said that the states will still be reporting their own numbers and isn't concerned about data manipulation because of that.  But we're in a blue state.  He also added that it's incredibly ballsy to bypass the governmental agency in charge of this very thing.  I have moved him center from far right over the last 10 years.  There's hope for him (and us) yet!

PamP, teriz, Seeker4 and 21 people reacted
(@bluebelle)

@laura-f

See you have your sassy pants back on.  You must be feeling better.

PamP, teriz, TriciaCT and 13 people reacted
(@laura-f)

@bluebelle

Slightly better, mostly because I had Hamilton on in the background as I was catching up online. Bit of a roller coaster, tho...

PamP, teriz, TriciaCT and 9 people reacted
(@bluebelle)

@laura-f
Hamilton has taken up residence in my head again.  That’s okay.  Good background music as we navigate the hellscape.  Sending you love and healing.

PamP, teriz, TriciaCT and 7 people reacted
(@grace)
Noble Member Registered

@laura-f Thank you, Laura! I just copied and pasted, but you are absolutely correct! <3

PamP, TriciaCT, FEBbby23 and 5 people reacted
(@tgraf66)

@dannyboy Some information about the possible reasons for the change from Heather Cox Richardson, a writer that I very much like.  The post is unfortunately too long to copy over, but here's the link to it on her FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/heathercoxrichardson/posts/2350568425087210?__tn__=K-R

PamP, lenor, TriciaCT and 7 people reacted
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

The T administration is not complying with the Supreme Court ruling regarding DACA. They are not accepting any new applications. I am not sure if they was suppose to allow new applicants but it sure sounds like it. So now they are not going to comply with a Supreme  court ruling cause they don’t like it??

The federal government is processing Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals renewals, but not accepting new applications for the deportation relief program, adding to a mix of confusion over President Donald Trump's intentions on immigration.

The Center for American Progress, a liberal Washington think tank, insists Trump is not complying fully with the Supreme Court's decision. CAP said in a statement the ruling requires the administration to restore the entire DACA program, including accepting new DACA applications. The immigrant advocacy group United We Dream has also demanded the administration accept new applications.

USCIS Deputy Director for Political Affairs Joseph Edlow has condemned the Supreme Court ruling,arguing that it lacks a legal basis and that it offers an undeserved "amnesty" to immigrants.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1234025

PamP, lenor, FEBbby23 and 3 people reacted
(@unk-p)

So i found this quote, and thought it sounded like a fair and accurate description of He Who Must Not Be Named: "a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, blood-thirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”

Except, stunningly, it was not  about T____.  It was written by Richard Dawkins about the God of the Old Testament, as His own worshippers portrayed him. 

Suddenly, i realized how the Evangelicals could support the profoundly un-christian T- as most of them really dig the Old Testament, and just don't seem to be into Jesus that much.  Jesus is just a name they throw around, without any mention of loving thine enemies, feeding the poor, nor any other of those beatitudinal, proto-hippie ideas of Jesus the Liberator.

teriz, PamP, MMA and 29 people reacted
(@tgraf66)

Breaking and developing: Portland, OR is under federal attack. Unidentified federal agents are being used to suppress protests under the weakest of pretexts. Innocent civilians are being targeted, attacked, and arrested. 

https://www.opb.org/news/article/federal-law-enforcement-unmarked-vehicles-portland-protesters

Enkasongwriter, PamP, deetoo and 15 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@unk-p. This post goes in the Forum Post Hall of Fame. 

teriz, lenor, PamP and 11 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@tgraf66 This is very frightening.

lenor, PamP, FEBbby23 and 7 people reacted
(@tgraf66)

@jeanne-mayell I posted it on my FB about 15 minutes before I posted here, so nearly an hour ago.  I have had exactly *1* reaction...no comments, no discussion, nothing.  That scares me more than the fact that this is happening.

teriz, lenor, PamP and 13 people reacted
(@laura-f)

@tgraf66

I saw it on FB first too. I commented and reposted after I read it.

Here's the scariest part: the minivans of federal henchmen were grabbing people off the street who were peacefully demonstrating AND had already left the protests. Literally just walking home. And they were never told what charges were against them and there's no record of the arrests.

You all know I never use the word Nazi unless it's warranted, but that's some Nazi sh*t right there.

teriz, lenor, PamP and 11 people reacted
(@tgraf66)

Posted by: @laura-f

You all know I never use the word Nazi unless it's warranted, but that's some Nazi sh*t right there.

Also KGB and Stasi. They were probably coached on how to do it by the Orange One's true Master...Putin.

Enkasongwriter, lenor, PamP and 11 people reacted
(@deetoo)

Posted by @unk-p:

So i found this quote, and thought it sounded like a fair and accurate description of He Who Must Not Be Named: "a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, blood-thirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”

@unk-p, my thoughts exactly!  Ever since I was hearing about the evangelicals' support of T, I would often say, "isn't it interesting how they're so quick to follow the Old Testament, but you rarely hear about the teachings of Jesus?  How convenient.  I was raised a Christian (Catholic) and as a little kid, I never understood or liked the Old Testament.  This wasn't the God I knew ... their God was created out of fear and the need to control others.  It was clear to me, even back then in my still-developing brain, that Jesus came to smack people upside the head.  Which needs to happen now.

Great post, unk-p -- thanks!

lenor, PamP, Unk p and 11 people reacted
(@yogagirl)
Famed Member Registered

Re:  Portland. There is a RUMOR they are not National Guard but mercenaries.  Hope like hell that isn't true.  If they are NG they are there illegally.  They must be invited or requested by the governor.  The problem is whose going to stop them?  There aren't any Reps who have a backbone.  This is scary as all get out.

Also as a side note I read MAry TRumps book yesterday.  No jaw dropping moments but boy does it explain a lot!

Enkasongwriter, lenor, PamP and 9 people reacted
(@michele-b)

The Portland "infiltrators " are Homeland Security "troops" ordered in by Trump against Portland Mayor Wheeler's expressed opinions and his ordering them to get out.

They have ramped up the chaos and that has brought more outraged protestors in to protest the Federal agents.

Talk about creating both another big distraction and additional chaos to blame Oregon leaders for!

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler, Gov. Kate Brown, and Oregon's congressional delegation were pretty clear thst the Feds (and their motley crew often in different or varied camoflauged "uniforms") are not wanted ar all!

Wheeler said Tuesday that the federal officers had brought only violence and "life-threatening tactics" to Portland streets, and "we do not need or want their help." Brown said Thursday said she told Wolf he should remove "all federal officers from our streets" and criticized Trump's "political theater" and "blatant abuse of power" in Portland. Sen. Ron Wyden echoed that critique:

Heres our local report source of current news. More available when updated.

"Federal officers respond to Portland protests with gas, munitions Thursday amid growing attention from Trump administration - oregonlive.com

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2020/07/protests-mark-day-50-in-portland-thursday-amid-growing-attention-from-trump-administration.html

teriz, Enkasongwriter, deetoo and 15 people reacted
Page 77 / 102
Share: