The Great Unravelin...

Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The Great Unraveling and the Great Turning - Rebuilding a Progressive America in the Future

(@febbby23)
Illustrious Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell so true!  

deetoo and deetoo reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@snowbird Thank you for that article. I know it is true and I struggle reading about it because I get so upset. . 

Unk p, TriciaCT, FEBbby23 and 11 people reacted
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@jeanne-mayell

You go girl! ? ? ? 

TriciaCT, FEBbby23, Baba and 5 people reacted
(@lodrochuwo)
Trusted Member Participant

@jeanne-mayell

Deficit fear-mongering may push your button, but it stamps on mine.  Public deficits are private surpluses.  See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sectoral_balances for a detailed explanation.  If the federal government consistently ran a balanced budget, or worse yet a surplus, the American economy would be mired in permanent depression.  It is amazing how few policy and decision makers understand this.  Governments are not households.  They don't follow the same rules.  If they try to, disaster ensues.

Sadly, Democrats are as likely as Republicans to perpetuate this ignorant view of deficits.

Scorpius, TriciaCT, FEBbby23 and 7 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

A view of Trump's handling of the pandemic that's nothing we didn't know but it's so well stated, starting with the headline.  The Pre-existing Condition in the Oval Office

TriciaCT, lenor, FEBbby23 and 3 people reacted
(@kksali)
Noble Member Registered

The idiot in chief retweeted a call for Fauci to be fired.  That would be the last straw. Will he do it? Will we all just standby and let it happen?  I for one am beyond disgusted.  It’s not safe to protest outside the WH.  

FEBbby23, lenor, Baba and 5 people reacted
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@kksali,

I'm sure that Fauci angered the Mad King when he conceded to CNN on Sunday morning that earlier mitigation efforts by the WH could have saved more lives.  Plus Fauci called for a cautious reopening of the nation, despite Trump's calls to quickly restart the economy.

FEBbby23, lenor, LalaBella and 9 people reacted
(@triciact)

The democrat Jill Karofsky won the Wisconsin supreme court race! Shows us who went out to vote in the Wisconsin election! yay  Orange nightmare is losing it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/13/us/politics/wisconsin-primary-results.html

Lilinoe, FEBbby23, ghandigirl and 23 people reacted
(@mas1581)

Trump tweeted today referencing the Governors and Mutiny on the Bounty, making himself Cptn Bligh. I'm really stumped on this one. Did he really just threaten the Governors of many states, or is he too damn stupid to realize what it's about and just saw the word mutiny and ran with it?

The fact that the tweet was made is mindblowing, but the fact that I truly cant tell if its ignorance or a threat is even worse. 

FEBbby23, lenor, Unk p and 7 people reacted
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

@mas1581

Yes he did and Cuomo replied to that today in his daily briefing. He quoted Alexander Hamilton 

State governments possess inherent advantages, which will ever give them an influence & ascendency over the Nat'l Gov & will forever preclude the possibility of federal encroachments. That their liberties can be subverted by the federal head is repugnant...” —Alexander Hamilton

“I don’t know what the president is talking about, frankly,” Cuomo told NBC. “We have a constitution … we don’t have a king … the president doesn’t have total authority.”

We don’t have a king in this country,” the governor said. “We didn’t want a king. So we have a constitution and elect a president.”

Trump is just mad he wants to take credit for all the good that is happening and deflect on all the bad he is doing

FEBbby23, lenor, Baba and 7 people reacted
(@vestralux)

Hey guys, interrupting the flow to place a couple of sudden downloads here. Though, I'm suddenly not sure if this is still the right thread? Somebody let me know. Been out of commission but slowly getting better.

1. I'd posted to the forum last year about a clear vision I had of T stumbling and physically falling. Someone steps from behind, reaching out to break his fall and help him up, and T appears to swat at their hand in frustration. It feels like at least a few members of the press are present.

I believe @lawrence also saw a fall, and a couple of others here as well, like @bluebelle and @baba.

Well, I'm suddenly seeing it again—or rather, hearing there will be "reports" of a fall or maybe multiple falls soon

This time I'm seeing a flash of T looking a little puffy and discolored, standing strangely behind a lectern. The two people behind him (a man and a woman) look alarmed and their energy is trained on the motion of his body as though they're preparing any second to jump in, or weighing the risks to themselves if they do/don't.

I also see what appears to be a wrist brace poking out from T's sleeve, but he's holding his arm down weirdly to hide it, like a robot. Straight and stiff. 

2. Last spring, I saw everyone in the White House scrambling to destroy files and grab whatever they could before getting out. The person I saw most clearly was Stephen Miller. Almost everyone else was already gone. I saw this for "July" (the name of the month was written visually) and naturally assumed it would happen in July 2019. Obviously it didn't—or else we're all just living in an alternate universe now, which is perhaps equally as likely because what world even is this anymore...ahem.

Now I'm wondering if this event won't be happening this July. I'd forgotten about it, but in the last couple of weeks, it's flashed through my mind several times.

Thoughts?

Lilinoe, fmabon, lenor and 25 people reacted
(@laura-f)

Posted by: @vestralux

I saw this for "July" (the name of the month was written visually) and naturally assumed it would happen in July 2019. Obviously it didn't—or else we're all just living in an alternate universe now, which is perhaps equally as likely because what world even is this anymore...ahem.

Now I'm wondering if this event won't be happening this July. I'd forgotten about it, but in the last couple of weeks, it's flashed through my mind several times.

Thoughts?

Well, time has become circular and flat as opposed to linear, so I have no problem with thinking it could be July of 2020, 2021, 2040...

sunny, FEBbby23, lenor and 9 people reacted
(@vestralux)

Posted by: @laura-f
Well, time has become circular and flat as opposed to linear, so I have no problem with thinking it could be July of 2020, 2021, 2040...

Ha! Ahhh, well, I'm not a Nietzschean in this regard (and am pretty sure time was never really linear), but I take your meaning. ;) 

FEBbby23, lenor, deetoo and 7 people reacted
(@laura-f)

@vestralux

I partially misspoke. I meant to say that PERCEPTION of time has changed. ? 

FEBbby23, lenor, deetoo and 3 people reacted
(@lawrence)

@vestralux

Love you visions. July sounds dramatic. Feels real to me.

I still feel him falling. More than once. 

I also think he already has fallen in private.

Amyv, Lilinoe, FEBbby23 and 17 people reacted
(@lovendures)

Hoping to save the Postal Service after Trump threatened it, people are rushing to buy stamps. It isn't a bad idea actually. I went on the USPS website to see what they are currently offering. 

Have a hobby or interest?  They likely have something for you.  

Nation Parks?  They have that.  Like children books?  Yep.  Space enthusiast?  Yep Yep!  Historical figures?  Absolutely!   Want to send some heartfelt love?  Send away.   Support a cause like Earth Day or Healing PTSD?  You can do so with a stamp.  Military buff?  Sports enthusiast?  Like poetry?  How about gardens and flowers?  Holidays?  Toys?  Cultural Arts?  States?   Elmo?

You get the idea.

Below is an article from NPR about this new "buy stamps" movement.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/14/834336341/hoping-to-save-the-postal-service-people-rush-to-buy-stamps?utm_campaign=npr&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_term=nprnews&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR3bWLN7ucfjawCvylnryVLmbCWNHchfM7hqtGM-Z16VyAbHDNr7DndACXI

Lilinoe, lenor, FEBbby23 and 7 people reacted
(@deetoo)

@lovendures re USPS threat:  the Orange One is so mean that it oozes from his pores. 

I always order my stamps online.  I've gotten some great ones over the years:  Magician symbols, solar eclipse, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Sasame Street, military working dogs, national parks.  I had a friend who once worked for the stamps division of the USPS, finding and contracting with the artists who created the designs.  She loved that job.  

Right now they're not featuring as many designs as I've seen in the past, I think because they've sold out of them -- which is a good sign.  You can view some of their past designs under the "Collectors" tab on the USPS website.

Lilinoe, lenor, FEBbby23 and 9 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)

@Lovendures  @deetoo

I can not do a lot being High Risk and shelter in place.. that being said? I DID go online and buy stamps (lovely orchid stamps) with some of my stimulus money I received via direct deposit today and hope and pray that we achieve the goal of supporting the USPS while the Orange Foolius acts so spitefully because of his feelings regarding Bezos/Amazon. The Postal workers who keep delivering during this pandemic and not getting what they need to stay safe and face uncertainty of their jobs and health have all of my support in spite of the two named above. Much Love and Light to all who are struggling through this. Our thoughts and intents carry much energy.

Lilinoe, lenor, FEBbby23 and 11 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)

Reported in the Guardian US today : "

Amyv, Lilinoe, lenor and 17 people reacted
(@lovendures)

@journeywithme2

Really?  I was thinking of the court today.  This is good news.  Glad they are doing hearings this way, everyone will be safer.

Lilinoe, FEBbby23, JourneyWithMe2 and 9 people reacted
Page 5 / 102
Share: