Notifications
Clear all

The Great Unraveling and the Great Turning - Rebuilding a Progressive America in the Future  

Page 48 / 50
  RSS

(@polarberry)
Reputable Member Registered
07/08/2020 5:48 pm  

Anyone have a read on how SCOTUS will vote Thursday? Twitler taxes.

Jessi1978 liked
ReplyQuote
(@enkasongwriter)
Estimable Member
07/08/2020 6:11 pm  

I started to hear online that the GOP wants Tucker Carlson for 2024. What are we seeing here?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/02/tucker-carlson-2024-republicans-348334

ReplyQuote
(@share)
Eminent Member Registered
07/08/2020 6:22 pm  

@allyn wow another amazing one.  I get so excited to read your post with so much knowledge and encouraging perspectives.  Please don’t stop what you’re doing because I love every word of it.  Going to meditate and pray the Supreme Court say Yes to releasing the orange lump’s tax returns.

share the love and light

FEBbby23, Lilinoe, Lenor and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Famed Member Admin
07/08/2020 6:29 pm  

@jeans3head. Funny you should mention the woman Randy Rainbow calls Cruella Devos.

Calling her "strange" is an understatement. She is a cold person with an elitist ideology who bought her way into the administration.  Her brother, Erik Prince, is even stranger and more dangerous. Both fit well into Trump's heartless agenda. 

It is unclear to me how much clout the federal government has in forcing schools to open. Schools are mainly funded by local property taxes, not federal income taxes. As far as I understand it, the decision will be in the hands of state governments. Does anyone know more about this?  

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/07/08/trump-threatens-to-cut-federal-aid-if-schools-dont-reopen/24551284/

Isabelle, FEBbby23, Lilinoe and 5 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@share)
Eminent Member Registered
07/08/2020 6:49 pm  

@polarberry I just tried upon your request.  Did a meditation before I picked a card.

while in meditation I saw a cross on fire (this could mean the KKK burning or the taxes could have implications of business affiliations with the KKK’s)

I also saw a Batman symbol (I take this to mean there will be justice, strength and protection)

then I saw this wobbly dark blob figure like that one character from spirited away that ate so much he became a big gigantic figure, this dark blob was very angry and writing frantically (perhaps this blob is Orange T and he’s angry twittering)

Then I asked what will the decision for T’s tax returns.

Queen of Disks from the Thoth deck:

the first thing that stood out to me was her horns and the shape of her body on this card (it’s shaped like a Curvy Y) perhaps it’s me reaching but I saw that as a Y for yes.  The decision will be tough, undecided, some foolish reasoning but she’s going to do the right thing and justice will prevail.

Any thoughts?

share the love and light 

Isabelle, Seeker4, Lilinoe and 4 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@yogagirl)
Reputable Member
07/08/2020 7:28 pm  

@jeanne Mayell I have a theory about Betsy D.  I don’t believe she is human.  She is either a bot or an alien.  Seriously how many people do you know who never blink?  Her smile is mechanical.  In my humble opinion, she is not human.

Isabelle, FEBbby23, Lilinoe and 6 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)
07/08/2020 7:45 pm  

@allyn  As someone who had endometriosis as well as uterine anomalies who participated in drug trials of Depo-Provera and took birth control pills to help manage the condition I understand how upsetting that ruling is. My belly button has 3 scars from surgeries to remove the adhesions and "powder burn lesions.  I too, found great relief in menopause.  I was told ai would never be able to have children...my daughter and son and I.. "did not read the book"  so here they are! LOL I think the ruling is the fear of the white supremacists about less white babies being born.. they are running scared because very very soon.. the white race will be a minority .. and they are frantic to keep the status quo... POC and older people are dying off in record numbers from Covid-19 and they see keeping women from getting abortions or taking birth control will help them regain their foothold.

Every day with each new low and depth of depravity and greed and destruction I keep expecting him to be removed... I pray the courts release his taxes, that Ghislaine sings like a bird and Mary's book is a best seller. 

Soon soon soon I pray.. everyone sees the "emperor has no clothes" and he is removed from office..I don't know that we can wait until November. It feels very very urgent!!!

Isabelle, Lilinoe, Lenor and 4 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)
Active Member Registered
07/08/2020 8:11 pm  
Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

It is unclear to me how much clout the federal government has in forcing schools to open. Schools are mainly funded by local property taxes, not federal income taxes. As far as I understand it, the decision will be in the hands of state governments. Does anyone know more about this?  

A lot of the clout the federal government has is in Title funds, which I know in my rural area, many schools rely heavily on.  There's also a significant amount for special education in there.  There's definitely some pressure that could be applied but I predict if they try it, it'll be one of the many "day one" things Biden reverses.

Lenor, Laura F., Share and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@carmen)
Trusted Member Registered
07/08/2020 8:34 pm  
Posted by: @polarberry

And Kanye West is running for President. I am so disgusted at the lunacy that has overtaken this country.

It's so scary! 🙁

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Famed Member Admin
07/08/2020 9:41 pm  

@yogagirl You made me laugh hard.  But I couldn't click "like".  🙂

Share liked
ReplyQuote
(@jessi1978)
Honorable Member Registered
07/08/2020 10:18 pm  

T wants to open the schools not because he cares about the children educations it’s because he can spread covid faster. Think about it. He is doing rallies with no social distancing and no mask. He wants to get as many of us sick and the pandemic to be out of control in all the states so he can try to cancel the upcoming elections. He is afraid to lose cause he hates losers and then he will become that loser. In order for him not to lose to Biden he has to creat an atmosphere were people will be too sick to vote and therefore the elections can’t be held. 

Already in Tulsa has seen and uptick in positives. 

The city of Tulsa is experiencing a surge in coronavirus cases, a little over 2 weeks after President Donald Trump held a campaign rally in an indoor arena there.

Dr. Bruce Dart, Executive Director of the Tulsa Health Department, said in a press conference on Wednesday there are high numbers being reported this week, with nearly 500 new cases in two days and trends are showing that those numbers will increase.

There had been a 20% decline in new Covid-19 cases the week of June 28 through July 4.

The Tulsa Health Department reported 266 new cases on Wednesday, bringing the total number in the county to 4,571. There are 17,894 cases in Oklahoma and 452 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University's tally of cases in the United States.

When asked if the cases in Tulsa are going up due to the rally on June 20, Dart said that there were several large events a little over two weeks ago.

"I guess we just connect the dots," Dart said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/07/08/us/tulsa-covid-trump-rally-contact-tracers-trnd/index.html

Lenor liked
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)
Active Member Registered
07/08/2020 10:18 pm  

@jeanne-mayell - I'm wondering, (and I'll take the blame for discussing this topic in so many threads!) if we need a new subtopic in the COVID-19 Pandemic for the 2020-21 school year?  I'll admit I tried creating one a little while ago, but couldn't see how to do it.  I think you've mentioned before you can move replies?  Is there benefit in that?  

ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Noble Member Registered
07/09/2020 12:16 am  

@jessi1978

I agree this is all on purpose. Not that it came from a lab or anything, but the Regime is nothing if not opportunist. They are masking Genocide with "incompetence", but I believe it's what they wanted all along, and hey, less money than if you have to start using up all your bombs and bullets to suppress dissent, right?

Share, Isabelle, JourneyWithMe2 and 3 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)
07/09/2020 12:35 am  

@yogagirl

🤣

Kushner, too. The dude is mannequin creepy.

Isabelle, Lawrence, Laura F. and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynnventura)
07/09/2020 7:33 am  

@jeanne-mayell

Even Florida's idiot governor issued an order reopening schools that gives local school boards the ultimate say. Trump can't order schools to do anything. It's just more tough talk trying to bully whoever is a republican into following suit. It'll backfire. Who on Earth likes to have anyone messing with their kids?

As for Devoss, it's amazing to me how many of these people on the extreme right just look like sociopaths. You can feel it. The creepy, cold feeling you get when you see them speak or see a picture of them. Is it possible that all extremists are sociopaths in one way or another? Maybe extremism itself is a form of mental illness? That would explain a lot. In plain terms, she just gives me the creeps.

Lilinoe, Isabelle, DannyBoy and 4 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)
07/09/2020 8:34 am  

@polarberry

Kushner reminds me of the creepy old preacher in the Poltergeist movies....and Devos? Her eyes are flat and soulless looking.... They are devoid of any compassion and empathy and definitely have the Sociopath Energy.

Isabelle, lynn, Share and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)
07/09/2020 10:25 am  

The ruling has come down!!!! "

Supreme court rules Trump's tax returns may be turned over to grand jury

Lilinoe, Isabelle, Grace and 6 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Noble Member Registered
07/09/2020 10:25 am  

Well, a mixed bag on taxes.  He is not immune from NY Grand Jury Subpoena but it goes back to the lower court.NY prosecutor.  Time...

Lilinoe, Share, Laura F. and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Noble Member Registered
07/09/2020 10:27 am  

Congress is blocked for now from getting records.

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Noble Member Registered
07/09/2020 10:50 am  

The S.C.  has ruled nearly half of Oklahoma is with Muscogee (Creek) Indian Reseration, enforcing treaties over the objection of the Ffederal and state governments.

Writing for the majority, Gorsuch said, “Under our Constitution, States have no authority to reduce federal reservations lying within their borders. Just imagine if they did."

At issue was whether the Muscogee (Creek) Nation territory where the crime was committed should be considered a Native American reservation or whether Congress eliminated that status around the time Oklahoma became a state in 1907.

The ruling may effectively recognize for the first time much of eastern Oklahoma, including the entire city of Tulsa, as reservation land. Under U.S. law, tribe members who commit crimes on tribal land cannot be prosecuted in state courts and instead are subject to federal prosecution.

It is a case with a messy origin however.  the federal governments prosecution of a Native American man on Creek reservation land for raping a child. 

https://www.kosu.org/post/us-supreme-court-sides-tribes-stunning-5-4-ruling

ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)
07/09/2020 11:35 am  

It's always been NY who was going to get him.  The public only knows a sliver of what they know. All the indictments and prosecutions will come through them. 

Lilinoe, Seeker4, Isabelle and 5 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@jessi1978)
Honorable Member Registered
07/09/2020 11:50 am  

Now only did the Supreme Court ruled he is not immune for prosecution on the same day Black Lives Matter Mural in front of his precious Trump Tower 🤣🤣🤣 Poot baby so much winning he can’t take it 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5404111002

Lilinoe, Seeker4, Isabelle and 5 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)
07/09/2020 11:51 am  

@journeywithme2

I had to look him up; I've never seen that movie. 

That's a disturbing comparison, LOL.

ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Noble Member Registered
07/09/2020 11:58 am  

Re: Twitler Tax Returns

Yes, Congress "can't" see them in the sense they can't subpoena them, but I believe a lot of info will come out and they/we "may" end up seeing a lot more than Twitler wants.

Paging attorney @Allyn !!  Can you weigh in on how this will go now that it's kicked back down to the NYS courts?

ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Estimable Member Registered
07/09/2020 12:01 pm  

Disappointed in today's SCOTUS ruling, although I didn't have my hopes high to begin with.

I don't have a good feeling about Cy Vance, the Manhattan DA, and am not sure he's going to be the beacon for justice we need.

Some days it is very difficult not to lose all hope. I am trying to remember that this too shall pass.

PamP liked
ReplyQuote
 PamP
(@pamp)
Trusted Member Registered
07/09/2020 12:13 pm  

@sistermoon They basically punted things down the road until after the election. 

ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)
07/09/2020 12:41 pm  

@polarberry

Indeed - I saw that movies AGES ago... and.. his face and singing 'God is in His Holy Temple' and "aren't you going to let me in" still have the power to creep me out big time.

ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)
07/09/2020 12:43 pm  

@laura-f

Yes.. go read the Guardian's (US) Live section : "

Schiff acknowledged the court’s decision would delay the House investigations but expressed confidence that Democrats would ultimately prevail in their legal battle.

“The Supreme Court’s remand of this case to permit the lower courts to apply the new standard will serve to delay the Committee’s investigation — and, given the risk of foreign influence over this President, such delay is dangerous — but we remain confident that we will ultimately prevail,” Schiff said. “And in light of the President’s tweets this morning, he appears to believe the same.”

ReplyQuote
(@honeybee)
Active Member Registered
07/09/2020 12:46 pm  

AND- LIVE- they are painting a HUGE Black Lives Matter Mural in front of Trump Tower. He is having a horrible, no good, very bad day- Indeed. 

Lilinoe, Seeker4, Avon and 5 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@honeybee)
Active Member Registered
07/09/2020 12:47 pm  

@jessi1978- I just read this. Sorry I posted the same! You beat me to it. Love it though! 😆 

ReplyQuote
Page 48 / 50
Share: