The Great Unravelin...

Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The Great Unraveling and the Great Turning - Rebuilding a Progressive America in the Future

2,029 Posts
107 Users
28534 Likes
88.2 K Views
(@parizienne)
Noble Member Registered

@Allyn and @Bluebell

I saw that someone tweeted about planes going through Brownsville, TX and then to Guatemala. That makes me think they’re shipping detainees out via plane. IDK where I saw it or what the source was. The fact that we’ve heard so little about those being detained worries me. The Admin is up to no good, though. That’s the only certainty. 

TriciaCT, Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23 and 11 people reacted
 Baba
(@baba)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@allyn and @BlueBelle, I posted the following on March 16th in the Trump unraveling thread: "...they eventually have to release the children from the camps because so many people get sick - especially the guards - and they start trying to place the kids back into the community." I originally saw it on the 15th and it was weighing on me that I should mention it. It seemed important.

TriciaCT, Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23 and 19 people reacted
(@sunny)
Estimable Member Registered

I pray @Lawrence is right about T being gone.  in fact, I'm counting on it.

There are so many different predictable outcomes on how Trump will exit. 

I keep thinking he'll be there forever, but that's not possible right?

Trump scares the living daylights out of me.

TriciaCT, Lawrence, lenor and 13 people reacted
(@deetoo)

I know that many on this site predicted delays in the 2020 election, some of it involving voter tampering and suppression.  What just played out in Wisconsin is a harbinger of things to come in November.   That speaker of the Wisconsin Rep assembly, who dressed in what amounted to a Hazmat suit while telling voters that they are safe, was moronic and disgusting.  I'm not going to bother outlining all of their grotesque actions.  It was voter suppression on steroids.  The fact that the Rs and both supreme courts allowed this to occur is despicable.  They got what they wanted, and they don’t care if anyone dies.

I am focusing on that Great Turning -- that beautiful transformation, the world we want to create.  But it's moments like what occurred yesterday in WI, that challenge me on some very deep levels.  Right now I'm working through my rage.

Jeanne Mayell, Kateinpdx, LalaBella and 25 people reacted
(@deetoo)

Correction to my post above:  I meant to say "predicted delays in the 2020 election."

LalaBella, lenor, TriciaCT and 3 people reacted
(@bluebelle)

@baba

You were the first to post about this outcome with the detainees on March 16 and I must have read your post.  Maybe it planted a seed of a thought or maybe it just resonated so deeply with me, but shortly afterwards, I kept getting nagging, persistent thoughts about the people in the camps and that they were going to be turned out.  I also got that they would be released with only the clothes on their backs.  I don't know if they will be released directly onto the streets in this country, but I did see some dumped in another country, on a dusty airfield in the middle of nowhere.  Dumped is still the word that comes to mind.  It was disturbing and I don't want it to be true.  Sometimes the things I most don't want to be true, end up being true.  

Also, after you and I posted, Vestralux and Journeywithme2 posted similar messages.  It's always interesting to me when multiple people are seeing the same thing.  Vestralux actually saw this as far back as last August.

Here are the posts:

Bluebelle:

03/20/2020 3:27 pm  

@jeanne-mayell

Sometimes I get a download as @vestralux would say.  Or a thought that persistently comes to mind until I pay attention as @Lawrence might say.  So, for several days, I've been getting something about the ICE detainment centers and people being released.  This morning when I woke, I had a very strong premonition that the administration will not want the expense and inconvenience of taking care of the coronavirus spread within the population in this facilities.  They are going to open these centers and dump people, men, women and children and they will have to fend for themselves.  What I am getting is that some will be transported and released without papers, without money, without food in another country, maybe some in this country.  I also think they will wait until the country is preoccupied with a massive, tragic news story when they do this, trying to keep it off the public radar.  It's inhumane, but that's what I'm seeing.  I hope I'm wrong.  Is anyone else getting this premonition?

@Vestralux:

03/20/2020 4:00 pm  

@bluebelle

1. In August of last year, I posted a premonition I kept getting that an outbreak of illness/disease was going to hit detention centers and crucially change things on that front. I thought it could be something like typhoid or even Measles. Well, here we are amidst a totally novel viral pandemic.

@Journeywithme2:

03/20/2020 6:53 pm  

@bluebelle

I didn't want to mention it because I did not want to give any energy to thoughts.... I had a dream Tuesday a week ago.. of a lot of elementary school aged children being loaded on school buses and taken out on a long ride....then.. the buses were parked ...left with the doors open and the windows down and the children just sitting there in their seats with their back packs...and the bus driver got out and walked away... it was in a desert looking area with mountains in the distance.... then.. it faded to evening and a bear came to attack the children trying to get in to them.. I ran towards them and grabbed a broom (who knows from where .. crazy dream)and began the beat the bear around its face and on top of its head as hard as I could swing it... so hard that when I hit its head it sunk into its shoulders , making its eyes blink and dust flying from its fur. I was yelling to the children to get off the bus and run while I held it off. They began to stream out across the sand running so hard their little backpacks were banging up and down on their backs their hair and clothes whipping in the breeze they made. I woke up heart pounding , mouth dry and mere feet from the bears face. I felt... it was related to the children being held because I was meditating on them as I went to sleep and sending them Light and Love.

PamP, lenor, fmabon and 17 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@bluebelle. Thanks for this amazing post.I remember you predicted this a long way back.  It is chilling.

PamP, TriciaCT, FEBbby23 and 3 people reacted
(@bluebelle)

@jeanne-mayell

Oh no, I wasn’t very clear.  The initial comments are mine, followed by my post of March 20, then Vestralux’s  post and then Journeywithme2’s post, all from March 20th.  The original post was lost in the Big glitch!  Does that help?

PamP, Jeanne Mayell, TriciaCT and 3 people reacted
 lynn
(@lynn)
Illustrious Member Registered

@bluebelle

Huffington Post was reporting this morning: U.S. Rapidly Deporting Hundreds of Migrant Children Under New Coronavirus Rules

Google the article. The deportations are to Mexico and other countries. They're getting more and more brutal and inhumane, with no end in sight. 

PamP, TriciaCT, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
(@bluebelle)

@lynnventura

Oh no.  I liked your post, but you know I don't like your post, right?  This is so awful.

PamP, TriciaCT, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
 lynn
(@lynn)

@bluebelle

We need an "agree" button, or an "agree but can't effing believe it" button.

The brutality, corruption and general insanity are escalating. I think Jeanne has said earlier in the year that when water circles the drain it accelerates, or something like that. Maybe that monster is circling the drain. I hope so. It's like every day I can't believe my eyes.

Amyv, PamP, Shawn and 27 people reacted
(@bluebelle)

@lynnventura

i am heartsick for those children and all the people in the camps. Would you consider the way they’ve been treated as crimes against humanity?  I do.  I hope the administration leaders involved end up tried at The Hague.

PamP, Lawrence, TriciaCT and 19 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@bluebelle ? ? 

PamP, Shawn, TriciaCT and 9 people reacted
(@lovendures)

I believe that this is the article that @lynnventura was referring to.  

Heartbreaking.  I am with @Bluebelle and hope they are tired as well. 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/us-deport-migrant-children-coronavirus-bill_n_5e8d8e46c5b6e1d10a6c30dc

PamP, lenor, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
 lynn
(@lynn)

@bluebelle  I absolutely do believe what this administration has done constitutes crimes against humanity, aided and abetted by some courts. I hope justice comes for them, but I'm not holding my breath.

PamP, Lovendures, lenor and 17 people reacted
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

The referrals for crimes against humanity made to The Hague will be ignored unless we descend into all out civil war. That being said, there is great value in continuing to file these referrals so that things are documented for history's sake.

PamP, TriciaCT, deetoo and 11 people reacted
 lynn
(@lynn)

@laura-f  At least they'll be afraid to travel internationally, out of concern they'll be arrested. Dick Cheney hasn't left the US in years. Better than nothing. 

PamP, Baba, lenor and 5 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Sorry this is off the topic of the inhumane deportation of immigrant children which is horrific and  deserves its own thread but it is discussed here because it is the U.S. parallel to Hitler's treatment of the Jews: it is by far the Right's biggest crime against humanity in our lifetimes.    

For a moment I'd like to bring up a different kind of Right wing progpaganda excuse for atrocities:  that every time the country is spending money on the people rather than the wealthy or on the war machine, the Right starts crying Chicken Little about how that spending will destroy our country. The deficit!  The deficit!  they moan. 

We are going to get on top of this pandemic and we will rebuild our economy eventually to a more equitable true economy.

The deficit rant: Blame it on food stamps, blame it on unemployment benefits, blame it on immigrants, blame it on Social Security, blame it on Medicare, oh, and public education, welfare and social services. 

No. Those social programs have not caused the deficit.  Money to the rich and their corporations and their f-ing banks have caused the deficit. Money to the people is an investment, the only investment worth spending on.

Dracaena, Parizienne, Natalie and 29 people reacted
(@triciact)

@jeanne-mayell

Your entire points about the deficit: Amen!

Parizienne, lenor, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
(@snowbird)
Noble Member Registered

Here's someone with the right attitude: Chamath Palihapitiya, chief executive of venture capital fund Social Capital, gave an interview on CNBC, recapped in an article in MarketWatch:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fed-should-pay-every-american-more-let-hedge-funds-and-billionaires-get-wiped-out-says-social-capital-ceo-2020-04-09

Unk p, BlueBelle, lenor and 5 people reacted
Page 4 / 102
Share: