The Great Unravelin...

Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The Great Unraveling and the Great Turning - Rebuilding a Progressive America in the Future

(@journeywithme2)
Illustrious Member Registered

This... is going to sound ...strange..... but.. it reminds me very much of being in an abusive relationship/marriage.... you get up each day... tell yourself.. you will endure.. and find little bits of Joy where you can.. to help you cope.. until you get to the point where..you can go.... and when you leave? You don't have to go back...that you are safe.. and you rebuild your life..creating a better life than the one you left behind.. because that dark time... taught you... how you don't want to live, how you don't want to be.... perhaps I relate to this because I am a domestic violence survivor... but that is how Trump's style of governing feels to me.. from  the  "honeymoon phase" "Oh Honey I am so sorry, I promise.. I will never hit you again. I love you baby"...to the tension building up...to the beatings and emotional abuse.....  I feel like most of the American people are being subjected to domestic violence via Trump's malignant narcissism. We will endure.... we will get away... we will heal...and we will have scars.

Marley, Jeans3head, Tiger-n-Owl and 29 people reacted
(@kateinpdx)
Noble Member Registered

@vestralux

Thank you!!

(from a fellow Sagittarius - hi y'all!)

JourneyWithMe2, FEBbby23, lenor and 7 people reacted
(@kateinpdx)
Noble Member Registered

@journeywithme2

That doesn't sound strange to me at all. It sounds right on the money. 

FEBbby23, Lilinoe, lenor and 17 people reacted
(@turtle26)
Noble Member Registered

@journeywithme2 this is *exactly* what I have been thinking about! You captured this all very well. Having been in a marriage with a covert narcissist, it's all very familiar. In addition to all that you said above, it's also the gaslighting (I never said that, you must have remembered that wrong, being made to feel as though "if only" you (or others) had done ____ then things wouldn't be this way, etc.). Watching Trump manipulate words, turn situations around on others, exact revenge, explain how he (his family etc.) are more exceptional than anyone else, and all of that accompanied by the feeling of hopelessness that things might never change......it can become a black hole if you allow it to go there. But narcissists always self-destruct - so while we cannot be sure of the timing of when he is gone, he will be gone. 

Tiger-n-Owl, TriciaCT, FEBbby23 and 17 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)

@turtle26

Raised by a narcissist mother.. I understand all too well what that gaslighting does..teh crazy making all those lies and changing of stories as well as understanding that they will go to incredible lengths to make you the bad guy, doubt yourself and your own sanity and wreak havoc getting "revenge" for any slights - imagined or otherwise. While I have not have not had contact with her in 10 years (or my younger sister either.. who knows what she is but bought in to it at an early age and takes care of no matter the cost - typical Virgo she is) she has been on my mind... she turns 88 years old tomorrow. I have forgiven her.. and moved on with my life.. and .. love her still.. she is my mother...but I still want no part of their presence in my life. I don't wish Trump ill.. I just wish him GONE from his office of POTUS.  I am thankful for both of us.. that we are not in those relationships anymore.

Tiger-n-Owl, fmabon, TriciaCT and 21 people reacted
(@grace)
Noble Member Registered

@journeywithme2

Your assessment doesn't sound strange to me at all. It sounds pretty accurate! Thank you for posting.

Love, peace, joy, and healing to all!

Tiger-n-Owl, JourneyWithMe2, FEBbby23 and 17 people reacted
 LB
(@lb)
Reputable Member Registered

@journeywithme2  Doesn't sound strange at all.    I, too, am a survivor of domestic violence and early on in DJT's presidency I began getting triggered by exactly what you describe. As his behavior has worsened, so have the triggers.

Take care of yourself. ❤

Tiger-n-Owl, JourneyWithMe2, FEBbby23 and 19 people reacted
(@ghandigirl)

@journeywithme2

Wow. you REALLY opened my eyes. I am a survivor too ands that is exactly what. this. is.

Tiger-n-Owl, JourneyWithMe2, FEBbby23 and 17 people reacted
 LB
(@lb)
Reputable Member Registered

@vestralux  Seeing the dark power they draw for DJT, I wonder to whom/what are the evangelicals praying...

Scorpius, Tiger-n-Owl, Kateinpdx and 25 people reacted
(@dracaena)
Honorable Member Registered

@Vestralux 

Thank you,  What you said resonates with me, I've always felt there are the dark energies attached to the orange one making him stronger and helping him get away with his atrocities.  It makes so much sense that all those evangelicals praying for him settling the same intentions would be so powerful.  I think it's a great idea for this community and others to set daily intentions in meditation

Love & Light

D

Tiger-n-Owl, TriciaCT, JourneyWithMe2 and 15 people reacted
(@vestralux)

Posted by: @laura-f

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! THANK YOU! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ? 

I'm so glad it resonates. ?

Posted by: @journeywithme2

I feel like most of the American people are being subjected to domestic violence via Trump's malignant narcissism. We will endure.... we will get away... we will heal...and we will have scars.

So true. And not strange at all. As the adult child of a covert narcissist and a mother with antisocial personality, I feel very deeply what all of you are saying.

But it's also a case made by Dr. Brandy Lee and many of the other 26 mental health professionals involved in "Duty to Warn," and her co-authors in The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump: 27 Psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts Assess a President. We're a nation in an abusive relationships with our leader. It's toxic and terrifying. 

Posted by: @lb

@vestralux  Seeing the dark power they draw for DJT, I wonder to whom/what are the evangelicals praying...

Believe me, LB, I've sometimes wondered the same. But I was raised by evangelicals and still call them my family. And so I know that most of the people who are deeply, fervently praying for the president's victory and continued protection do so with sincerity. 

We might have been cast in the image of the Divine, but I believe that we can only see God from where we are—from whatever level of soul and psychological development we possess. Like blind men trying to describe an elephant the size of the Cosmos.

And as we move along, the god of one stage becomes the devil of the next; it's ever-evolving. 

There's a stage all humans and all cultures must go through that's egocentric, ethnocentric, deeply nationalistic, and pretty wrathful, vengeful, and quick to smite its perceived enemies. The god of that stage will turn you into a pillar of salt to so much as look at you! 

It takes time and growth and maybe a lot of grace for that god to grow and soften enough to enfold compassion and mercy and forgiveness into its being (i.e., for people to evolve to embrace those states into their being). But the wrathful, enemy-smiting god isn't inherently "evil." It just feels that way when looked at through the eyes of the god of another level.

Maybe this isn't making sense, but on a good day, I choose to embrace the biggest God I can find. One that isn't interested in making devils of its earlier iterations.  ❤️

Scorpius, Tiger-n-Owl, Lawrence and 27 people reacted
(@vestralux)

Posted by: @dracaena

@Vestralux 

What you said resonates with me, I've always felt there are the dark energies attached to the orange one making him stronger and helping him get away with his atrocities. 

Oh yes. I absolutely agree with that!

Tiger-n-Owl, Lawrence, TriciaCT and 15 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Matt Taibbi is a good reporter. Here is his assessment of the Trump economic rescue package and ultimate bailout Resetting the Bomb. Another era of dept-fueled profiteering is ending with a bailout. How we're institutionalizing the unfairness economy. https://taibbi.substack.com/p/resetting-the-bomb

Tiger-n-Owl, lenor, TriciaCT and 11 people reacted
(@ghandigirl)

He sure does have a moral and constitutional problem. Morals. Constitutions. He has knowledge of neither.

Why are they running this show? Just let Rachel Maddow or Jake Tapper or Anderson Cooper give us a summary of the FACTS. so in less than a minute we'll be updated. Or better yet, have only Dr. Fauci. and actually give us the information we need to keep everyone safe. To feel better. To feel safe and comforted in the logic of math and science , which is after all the Global Language.

SAFETY. community safety.There's a goal.

I, for one, want a ticket out of Crazy Town now. It's enough. ENOUGH.

Jeanne Mayell, Lilinoe, Tiger-n-Owl and 19 people reacted
(@lawrence)

@vestralux

Beautifully expressed. Thank you. Hope you are feeling better. 

I include everyone here in my healing meditations. Sending much love and support to all. 

Lilinoe, Tiger-n-Owl, Kateinpdx and 19 people reacted
(@vestralux)

Much love and support right back, @lawrence. And thanks! Better every day. 

Lilinoe, JourneyWithMe2, Tiger-n-Owl and 11 people reacted
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

An Ohio rep is referring Drumpfsterfire to The Hague for Crimes Against Humanity:

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/491295-ohio-lawmaker-says-shell-press-crimes-against-humanity-charge-against

Jeanne Mayell, Lilinoe, JourneyWithMe2 and 15 people reacted
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

I complained to the Hague about the detention of children, as have many others.  My friend Maureen had the address on Facebook and we all shared it. If anyone needs it, please let me know. Not that they've done anything, but I assume it takes awhile.

Jeanne Mayell, Lilinoe, JourneyWithMe2 and 17 people reacted
(@allyn)

@suspira44

I have been praying for those children and all of those who have been locked up unjustly in detention centers and/or being separated from their families.  I am worried that if the virus hits them, they will suffer horribly, as Trump and his minions have not seen fit to let them have basic amenities or even flu shots. 

Lately, whenever I think about them, I keep hearing a song in my head.  "There Can Be Miracles" from the animated movie "Prince of Egypt." (Basically the story of Moses leading the Israelites out of Egypt after Egypt was hit by ten plagues).  Is this the way they and the rest of the world look at Trump's America?  Like Trump is basically the Egyptian Pharaoh who treated the most vulnerable of people cruelly and is now being humbled by a power that is not human?

Do I believe God has sent a plague to punish America?  Of course not, because to believe that would be as the so-called Evangelicals believe.  That all the people who suffer and die from this disease are evil and therefore worthy of death.  I truly believe that bad things can happen to good people, and it has nothing to do with past sins or anything like that.  I do, however, believe that bad events exist to teach us about the problems in our lives and what needs to change.

Think about this.  Trump was ready to declare total victory in February.  The economy looked strong, the Republicans in Congress proved that they would overlook anything that Trump does, no matter what, and the Democrats were in disarray.

And now...we finally see with our own eyes what Trump does in a time of crisis.  He can't muster sympathy for those who suffer and still revels in picking fights, whether it is with governors for medical supplies, navy officers who's only mistake was to try to bring attention to the fact that his crew were getting sick, and even the WHO.  Yet he and his merry band of Fox News pundits dare to accuse everyone of "politicizing" the coronavirus and preach that America needs to come together? 

How ironic is it that Trump and the Republicans, who share a distrust for government, a hatred for science, and a love of "owning the libs" (aka-liberals, or anyone who does not think exactly like them) are now forced by the coronavirus to embrace the evil "big government" to try to save Trump's precious economy, to put a little faith in doctors and scientists, and to preach that we are "all in this together" and that this is not the time for politics.

But back to my original point-does anyone see Trump having to release the immigrants from the detention centers in an effort to avoid a mass die-off there?  Because if Trump keeps them there and the coronavirus reaches them, the environment is such that they will be unable to "social distance" and thousands can die.  Would Trump really want to be the president known for having his own "concentration camps?" 

I predict the virus will break out there eventually (probably brought in by an ICE agent), and Trump will be forced to release them or at least give them better access to medical care.  He may try to ship them back across the border, but I bet Mexico will put a stop to that with the excuse to trying to protect their own people.  And Trump won't look too good standing in front of mass graves (some Evangelicals will balk at that).

Does anyone have any visions and/or premonitions about Trump and the immigrants in the detention centers?  Because I hope that the coronavirus will provide more irony.  That Trump will be forced to release the detainees due to the coronavirus and thus would have to break another promise to his supporters.  These people, who have surely prayed for mercy when everyone else has ignored their suffering, deserve this small mercy and don't deserve to die in detention centers away from medical help.

Jeanne Mayell, Lilinoe, deetoo and 13 people reacted
(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@allyn

i had a premonition about the ICE detention centers a few weeks ago and someone else did, too.  (Sorry, I’ve lost track of who.)  i had a nagging premonition that ICE will empty the detention centers rather than deal with a COVID outbreak there.  By empty, I mean either turn people out on the streets and/or transport them to another country and release them there.  This premonition bothered me for days until I posted about it.  It would be an awful thing on top of the mistreatment these poor people have already suffered.  I felt this would happen while the country was dealing with another COVID related crisis.

Jeanne Mayell, Lilinoe, LalaBella and 13 people reacted
Page 3 / 102
Share: