The Great Unravelin...

Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The Great Unraveling and the Great Turning - Rebuilding a Progressive America in the Future

(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@Jeanne-Mayell @Jessi1978

But if Twitler cancels Twitter then he won't be able to keep... Oh, wait...

Marley, Jeanne Mayell, Seeker4 and 11 people reacted
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@triciact

I think it's a dementia plus too much adderall snorting. I continue to believe his dementia is syphilitic in nature, not Parkinson's or Alzheimer's.

Jeanne Mayell, Isabelle, lenor and 15 people reacted
(@seeker4)
Illustrious Member Registered

@jessi1978  Of course there are more pressing issues, but in Trump's mind his survival is the ONLY issue.

Jeanne Mayell, Laynara, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
(@seeker4)

@suspira44  So much of what Trump does is NOT about whether or not he can accomplish it, it's about whether or not he can cause chaos, dominate a news cycle going against him, rile up his base, feed his very sick malignant ego.  After the news goes out that he's suing, we'll see a few Trumpites start raging about how unfair twitter is to him.  Such a waste of time, but he doesn't know anything else.

herondreams, Kateinpdx, Jeanne Mayell and 13 people reacted
(@seeker4)

Some were discussing writing postcards to voters.  I just got this link today from Move-on.  

https://action.momsrising.org/survey/2020_GOTVpostcards/?source=MO_all

Grace, Kateinpdx, Claire and 9 people reacted
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@seeker4, you spoke of T's focus on survival, and it got me thinking:  if T were faced with a life-or-death issue -- e.g. a terminal illness -- how do you all think he would handle that?

lenor, Jeanne Mayell, TriciaCT and 5 people reacted
(@seeker4)

@deetoo  I have no idea, but I'll throw out some things that are true about him.  He generally cannot face reality.  If he does face reality, he might do something more dangerous than anything he's done before.  Or, Steve Bannon once suggested that if things got really bad for T, he might commit suicide.  He truly believed he was capable of it.  However, didn't Jeanne see him in the fall as an old man, bent over, totally lost as he recognized his failure.  I'd try to find that, but a couple of 6 year olds (my twin grandsons) are near me demanding attention.  ...and they ALWAYS get it.  

FEBbby23, lenor, Unk p and 11 people reacted
(@saibh)
Famed Member Registered

@seeker4

I've been sending postcards since 2016. Especially in light of Trump wanting to kill the USPS, this is a great way to both get the word out about good candidates and send financial support to the post office.

FEBbby23, herondreams, Grace and 21 people reacted
(@deetoo)

@seeker4, thanks.  I agree with many of your perceptions.  You know, when I heard that Rush L. was diagnosed with stage-4 cancer, I really hoped that he might step back and see the light.  I mean, that's a life and death matter, right?  And yet he's spewing the same exhaust fumes, to the bitter end.  It's sad, really. 

Your comment about your grandsons made me laugh.  We don't have children, but my husband said his mom would often say to him "I thank God every day that you're not twins."  ? 

FEBbby23, lenor, Unk p and 9 people reacted
(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

Signed up for 100 postcards!

Anita

Grace, Kateinpdx, Unk p and 11 people reacted
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

so did I - thanks for the link. I had signed up to send letters from another site, so this is good too.

Grace, Unk p, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
(@polarberry)

The Lincoln Project has a really great new anti-McConnell ad out. I don't have a link, but it's easily found by searching. He must go, and I think McGrath has a real chance to win.

Claire, lenor, Unk p and 15 people reacted
(@polarberry)

I did too!

Grace, Unk p, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
(@seeker4)

@deetoo  Being the grandparent though is a whole different matter.  Spoiling Alert!  

Kateinpdx, Unk p, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
(@seeker4)

@deetoo  Do you remember Lee Atwater.  He was a dirty trickster for the GOP back in the day.  Lots of smears and lies.  After he was diagnosed, he "saw the light" and wrote letters of apology to every Dem he had smeared.  His tumor began to shrink.  ...so he started in again and it quickly got worse.  He died shortly thereafter.  At least, Atwater had a moment, but Limbaugh is in big trouble in my view.

numerologist, polarberry, lenor and 9 people reacted
(@seeker4)

@journeywithme2  Didn't Trump ridicule Michael J Fox for his tremors and Parkinson's Disease?  Now, wouldn't this be KARMA?

fmabon, polarberry, lenor and 13 people reacted
(@seeker4)

@jeannemayell  Here's what I was remembering from predictions. 

• I see Trump as well, but he mild, old, soft. Looks sedated, like a mental patient. (Jeanne Mayell) Predicted 10.9.19

TriciaCT, herondreams, polarberry and 13 people reacted
(@deetoo)

@seeker4,

I didn't know that full story about Atwater and his illness.  Quite sad.

Funny aside:  my husband met Atwater by chance in a Northern Virginia guitar shop.  He heard Atwater commenting to the shop owner about how busy he was with the campaign, and my curious hubby butted in and asked "which campaign?"  Atwater replied, "George Bush."  My husband remarked, "I wish Bush would have chosen someone better qualified than Dan Quayle as a running mate.  He knows nothing."  Atwater looked at my husband crossly, scrunched up his nose and said "Senator Quayle is more than qualified for that position!"

I do remember George Wallace and his conversion.  As most people know, in the early 70's Wallace was shot four times and paralyzed.  In the late 70's Wallace apologized to black civil rights leaders for his past actions as a segregationist and asked for their forgiveness. 

TriciaCT, lenor, Unk p and 7 people reacted
(@yogagirl)
Famed Member Registered

@Polarberry are you referring to the “rich Mitch” video?  I saw that one this morning and was thrilled!  I’m so glad they are going after Mitch too!

TriciaCT, Claire, lenor and 13 people reacted
(@seeker4)

@deetoo  I had forgotten about Wallace.  Interesting story about Atwater. I remember reading some copies of the letters of apology he wrote, and they appeared quite sincere.  Truthfully, I was so convinced that he had seen the light, that I was shocked when he regressed.  I've always seen his illness related to the mind body connection: toxic thoughts leading to brain tumor; repentance and love leading to remission.  Anyway, I don't know if his wife had anything to do with his going back to the smears, but she hated the fact that he'd written these apologies.  

TriciaCT, polarberry, lenor and 7 people reacted
Page 29 / 102
Share: