Notifications
Clear all

The Economy

(@kim-k)
Reputable Member Registered
Topic starter  

Jeanne,

I believe other countries think we are a push over. But I believe Trudeau will hold his ground when it comes to the best interest of Canadians. How do you see the economy go between Canada and US Free Trade agreement?  https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/trump-admin-shrugs-off-canadian-threat/ar-BBAOGv2

LB and LB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kim-k)
Reputable Member Registered
Topic starter  

I found this article Income equality and the banks. 

http://billmoyers.com/story/noam-chomskys-requiem-american-dream/

ReplyQuote
(@paul-w)
Noble Member Registered

Ran across this cheery interview with Jim Rogers on the Business Insider (business news) site. He is predicting a major financial crash that he believes will be the worst of our lifetime. http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/jim-rogers-the-worst-crash-in-our-lifetime-is-coming/ar-BBCl6BS?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

ReplyQuote
(@natalie)
Noble Member Registered

Thank you guys for sharing those articles. Am in the process of reading them now. Kim I've read most of the books Chris Hedges wrote, and have been reading his weekly Truthdig column for years, not to mention watching every speech he gives and T.V. show he hosts whenever I can. Recently I've begun rereading one of his books entitled American Fascists, written during the Bush era about the Religious right. I'm rereading it because I want to understand more deeply the ideological forces that have taken root in a large segment of the American voting public. Can't beat em if you don't understand them is my thinking. I've also read quite a bit of Chomsky, and I plan on purchasing this book in the near future to see what he says now, its always grim however. As for the coming financial crash. I Jeanne has predictions about it, but I've hearing for years from a great deal of economic media that another crash was coming, if only because the reasons the last crash happened haven't fully been addressed. What a disaster we are living in, where the whims of despots and greedy oligarchs/corporations have the power to destroy the lives of millions if not billions of people. Kim I think Canada is bound to suffer, because every country will, but remember that there is a strong sense of community in much of Canada, coupled with a real grass roots politics, I think Canada has a real chance of being just fine.  

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

Wow, that was really interesting Paul W!  Very 'cheery' indeed....HA!....NOT!

I remember when I first read Jeanne's predictions on this for this fall and my gears started whirring! But Rogers..just wow!

Taking deep breaths and staying as positive as I can! After all, things can change on a less than a dime...in a good way as well as not so good!

Rogers: Well, that’s why I moved to Asia. My children speak Mandarin because of what’s coming. You’re going to see governments fail. You’re going to see countries fail, this time around. Iceland failed last time. Other countries fail. You’re going to see more of that. You’re going to see parties disappear. You’re going to see institutions that have been around for a long time -- Lehman Brothers had been around over 150 years. Gone. Not even a memory for most people. You’re going to see a lot more of that next around, whether it’s museums or hospitals or universities or financial firms.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Thanks for the article. It fits what I saw coming in a meditation I did several years ago for 2018 to 2020.  I was meditating in 2013.  I saw the collective getting volatile and very nervous in 2017, then more volatility in 2018, then the market starting crashing in 2019 and turned into a full blown bear market in 2020.  I hope I'm wrong.  I so don't want this to happen, but the regulators keep making it worse, as the article pointed out. 

ReplyQuote
(@asian)
Honorable Member Registered

Jim rogers is right. Financial crash is indeed coming. I have studied planetary transits and astrological cycles and compared them with timeline for the last two years. It will begin from 2018, just like jeanne said. By 2021-22 whole globe will feel depression. USA will be in a recession a lot earlier, by the end of 2020. However much more frightening is recession's aftermath,

planet's economics, banking, finance and currency system is going get upside down. 

Capitalism will be destroyed.

Along with USA, china and gulf economy will go down. Europe will unravel. All of this will have large social and political impacts that will go beyond 2020's. 

We are going to get a global financial reset, what is going on is a back-room preparation for that. Except elites and few financially astute people, 99% people are not ready for that. As a result they will be hit very hard. Especially in western countries & gulf.

ReplyQuote
(@asian)

I guess you are asking about USA. I was speaking about whole world though. In that case, 2020 federal govt will be the last of its kind. This much I can say confidently.

It's because USA is having it's pluto return. Pluto brings out the supressed, hidden, dark side of any zodiac signs it goes into. At present it is in capricorn, the sign of government and big business. It first moved into capricorn at 2008 when the first crash happened. Since then people all over the world have become aware of the influence big business's have over political class and governments, more so in USA. We have also become aware of govt scandals because of whistle blowers. Now, it seems even media's are not spared from corporate influence. This things were not clear to majority before 2008.

Also income inequality, all of this are signs of dark underbelly of govt and corporations. Which is becoming clear due to curtsy of pluto. 

Why I'm saying all of this ? Because at the time of declaration of independence at 4th july 1776 pluto was at 28th degree of capricorn. It will happen again at 2022. That's why there's so much social divide, anxiety and anger & mistrust against current system. More pluto comes closer to that degree, more social and political instability in USA increases. Last time it gave birth to USA. This time it will fully change USA. Graham and jeanne have already said that in their predictions.

In the coming years people will become more aware of the corrupt nature of US govt. They will be eventually convinced that president is not the most powerfull man in administration. The strings are pulled from elsewhere. Goverment(better say those who are really in power)will become more authoritorian, in the fear of losing power. It will cause alienation of federal govt and citizens. In social life incidents of shooting, racism, terrorist attacks, income inequality will increase. People in power will not be able to tackle these problems. In other words the system will reach breaking point. Ultimately people will realize it not working anymore. Post-2030 we will see the rise of communities. They are the "govt" of future.

KB, Lynne, KB and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

Asian, thank you for this. I am learning and beginning to understand bit by bit just what to foresee and be more emotionally prepared for.

From your perspective and from those who have a better business and economical sense than I do, can you give any things we can do....preparation wise...to help ourselves? People who live simply and make do the best they can already in the middle class or lower already.

Do you foresee our small savings accounts being solvent and accessible for example..especially for those of us who already live on social security with a history of owning small businesses, single income, small but consistent savers.

Will it be like the great depression ? Where banks run dry and we lose our small living savings? Advice from anyone appreciated. Already have a garden, some chickens, live modestly.

ReplyQuote
(@melissa)

I had the very same questions, Michele, as I was reading all of this. Thank you for asking! How can we use this early knowledge to help our communities and families prepare?

ReplyQuote
(@lynne)
Trusted Member Registered

Thank you Asian for this valuable info. I'm in the same delemma has many. What to do with the meager savings I do have. How to keep it safe for future use. Maybe money will be worthless and we will be on a barter system instead. Would love this dialogue to continue.

ReplyQuote
(@practicalnihilist)

Wow that's scary in how the market is likely to collapse in the future.  One item to consider though is that Argentina went through a collapse a while ago and I found a blog by a person who went through it at  http://ferfal.blogspot.com/  

Basically in that blog he says even though finances can collapse, ultimately life still goes on.  People still have to go to work, pay bills, and deal various day-to-life tasks.  It's just more difficult and ultimately you just have to adapt.

I just can't see how a bear market would destroy capitalism because for one thing how will people get food, clothes, etc...  How would I pay my mortgage?  Just too many questions here.

ReplyQuote
 KB
(@kb)
Prominent Member Registered

Thank you Asian.  A few nights ago I had an unusually vivid dream that overnight the US stock market dropped hundreds of points, and that was just the start.  I'm not a seer, and I don't know if the dream was prophetic or just me worrying.  That said, I feel in my bones that something very hard is on the horizon for our economy, our government and our way of life here in the U.S.  Now that Obama and his enormous "make do" energy has been removed from our government, we're likely to see more and more signs of dysfunction, unraveling and corruption.  Trump's ability to easily and openly co-mingle his businesses with governing, install his family into positions of power, and to favor the interests of a foreign power is beyond alarming.     

ReplyQuote
(@paul-w)
Noble Member Registered

I can't see "capitalism" being destroyed per se. What I would expect, however, are major disruptions to our current patterns of trade. In 2008 there was such a disruption in the credit markets that banks couldn't make good on company's lines of credit which just about shut down much of the economy. I wouldn't worry about our bank accounts but I would worry about our money market accounts (as they are not insured) and the potential for a devaluation of the US dollar (which would lower our standard of living).

ReplyQuote
(@asian)

Reply to michele bileyu:-

I can't say for sure whether it's impact will be greater than great depression. Best to left it for future. However, it's impact will be great, far greater than 2008. It will take time to spread in other countries, that's why I said 2021-22. Impact wise, some countries will be hit lesser than others some more.

Reply to PracticalNihilist :-

when I said capitalism will be destroyed, I should have phrased it better. Capitalism as we know it will be destroyed. Smith known as the father of capitalism, published his book "wealth of nations" at 9th march 1776. Pluto was at 28th degree of capricorn. 

Pluto's ultimate goal is evolution, for which death of old system is necessery. Both USA and capitalism will be reformed for better. You are assuming either we are going back to stone age or civilizational collapse. Neither is true. And, it will be more than bear market.

Lynne, PracticalNihilist, Lynne and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@asian)

Now pluto is in capricorn, the sign of big business. Pluto will change the way business is being conducted.

The main issue is not capitalism, it is accumulation of resource and wealth in the hands of a few. Corporate class are the driving force behind goverments. They have replaced aristrocracy. Common man who produces goods, should have gotten larger share of profit. Instead it goes to boss. Same inequality, business is being conducted for profit not as meaningful work for society. Regardless of the negetive environmental effects, minimal concerns about workers and working conditions, businesspeople have priotarized creating wealth. For that materilism have increased, society have learned road to happiness is through consumption. However income inequality and poverty did not decreased.

Pluto works slowly. However, what it destroys, don't ever returns. Pluto will go to aquarius at 2024. Last time at late-1700 it started industrial revolution in england. This time too there will be a revolution. It will see hand-held technologies becoming fully mainstream, rise of robotics and AI. Already in people are being replaced for robots(in smaller number). With an ever increasing population and oncoming food-crisis, current  business and trading system will go down post 2024(when pluto goes to aquarius). 

Smith in his book argued that instead of gold and silver stocks, wealth should be measured in productivity and commerce. In future productivity will be for creating income to sustain populace not profit, however for that current centralized system needs to break and became decentralize. It will happen in next 10-12 years. Increasing digitization will serve as connecting medium of free market. Many current international institutions will be reformed and many govts will disappear, so less intervention. Ultimately this is pluto so the change is slow. It won't even effect people in every country similarly somewhere less somewhere more. However it is happening. The climax of 1780's revolution.

Lynne, PracticalNihilist, Lynne and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@asian)

Now for the crash. Uranus is moving to taurus in mid-2018. The sign of finance, banking and earth and nature. By nature uranus is disruptive and shcoking. The change happens during the transit is abrupt and some times violent. Though good for longrun it is tough to tackle when it happens. 2018-19 stock market will be volatile, more in 2019. But, crash happens in 2020 or very late 2019. Either way global market will be in large problem at that time. Cause of crash will be rising debts and collapse of shadow banking system.

Adding to the problem, saturn will go to capricorn in 2020. Saturn-pluto cycle is known for hard truths emerging, eruption of social poison, war, showdowns, clashes, unavoidable faliures.If not anything govts will be more heavy handed with public and tough banking regulations are sure to follow. This time probably a total global financial reset will take place like 2008 that won't change 99%'s condition.

A mass dissent will follow this time. Also, many scandals regarding govt institutions will get leaked, police state should be in full force. Like monarchies govts will be desparate to protect their power.

There are other things which will be running that time. Food prices will steadily go up, social, political instability and war tensions in international scene will be all time high(a reason why stock markets won't go back up like last time among others). 

Good thing is alternative finance will get a good boost because of tough banking regulations. Digital cash and crowd funding will be main stream by 2026(sign of decentralization). People will start to see climate change as a serious threat.

Danzi, Lynne, PracticalNihilist and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Lilo
(@lilo)
Active Member Registered

Hi Michele:

I think the key is community. Know your neighbours. Trade, barter. Try Timebank, Mutual Aid networks, follow Stephanie Rearick. Cryptocurrency sounds daunting, but isn't that hard to figure out. Hedge. Buy a little foreign currency and keep it in a virtual wallet. Build redundancy into your personal systems. There is a quiet revolution going on already.  My suggestions, and what I'm trying to do. Best.

Melissa, Asian, Melissa and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@paul-w)
Noble Member Registered

Ran across this article just now. Seems investment bankers are starting to worry. The "quantitative easing" they refer to was a program of the US Federal Reserve that sought to "inflate" the economy after the '08 crash by essentially printing money. They have been "mopping it up" lately but that has its own risks.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/markets-set-to-fall-after-years-of-artificial-support-b68vsghx0

ReplyQuote
(@melissa)

Great conversation! After reading Lilo's suggestions, then your link, Paul. I saw this. https://cointelegraph.com/news/china-quietly-tests-digital-hybrid-currency

Interesting times....

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 13
Share: