Notifications
Clear all

Stacy Abrams, Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren etc and Biden's Search for V.P.  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

(@dhyanaji)
Trusted Member Registered
05/11/2020 9:24 pm  

Since Biden has decided to pop his head out and engage the "Orange-Diapered Man" lately does anyone have any visions on his progress on picking a V.P. ? I must confess that on this subject it is difficult for me to see clearly as my bias and overwhelming support of Stacy Abrams in any leadership post, including as President, truly clouds my intuitive gifts. She is truly a force to be reckoned with as her Light is fiercely Bright. The type of magnetism she radiates is the type I've only seen since I was a child in individuals who are truly gifted in whatever fields of endeavor they so choose. They always rise to the lofty heights in the most unique manner. Trail Blazers! 

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@allyn)
Estimable Member
05/11/2020 10:01 pm  

@dhyanaji

Ah, the VP sweepstakes!  So many names, so much speculation!  Who is it going to be?

The question is actually important.  I don't envy Biden at all right now, because he has to balance the demands of so many coalitions, with the risk of alienating a portion of voters.  Further, due to Biden's age, there is an increased risk that he may step down before he finishes his term (especially in the era of Covid-19, which puts the elderly at increased risk).  Therefore, the VP that Biden picks may very well be the President before 2024.

I think that Stacy Abrams has a fair shot at being the VP.  Kamala Harris is also a possibility.  However, I am going out on a limb here and say that the one name that won't make the list is Elizabeth Warren.  And no, it has nothing to do with Bernie Sanders, Trump's taunts about "Pocahontas," or anything like that.

The answer has to do with the Senate.  Elizabeth Warren is a Democratic Senator.  The Democrats need to flip three seats held by Republicans in order to win back the Senate and send Turtleman (McConnell) to the curve.  Every single race counts, and nothing can be taken for granted.

However, if Elizabeth Warren is picked as VP, then she would have to give up her seat.  And then the governor of her state (who is a Republican) is tasked with finding someone to fill her seat.  Do you think he will pick a Democrat?  NOPE!  He would pick a Republican, thus reducing the Democrats' chances of getting control of the Senate.  Therefore, for purely strategic reasons, Warren will not be picked as VP.

Note that this would not be a concern if Kamala Harris gets the VP nod.  The governor in her state (California) is Democrat, and he would appoint a Democrat to keep that seat if Harris gives it up.

Stacy Abrams would be good as a candidate in her own right.  She ran a good race in Georgia, and is not afraid to speak her mind (which would help neutralize the great orange nightmare that is Trump). 

Amy Klobuchar would also be good.  She is moderate, knows how to deal with swing states, and has a personal connection with Covid-19, as her husband contracted it (which may help those who suffered from Covid-19 to feel a personal connection to her).

Personally, Biden can pick anyone for VP and it won't matter to me.  I will still vote for him over Trump any day of the week.  But I hope Biden picks Hillary to take over Barr's job when this is over, if only to mess with the Republicans.  I would love for her to be in charge of investigations about various Republicans and whether they committed crimes (such as Nunes, Meadows, etc.).  She would make sure to make them suffer for all the pain they put her through.  I know it is a pipe dream that won't come true, but I would really, really, really like for someone to take it to McConnell, Nunes, Meadows, Cruz, and other Republicans who engaged in frivolous investigations and cried out about the budget yet were perfectly willing to let Trump commit treason as well as give money to their rich friends and for the WALL.  For me, that would be the ultimate justice.

Isabelle, Jessi1978, Yofisofi and 7 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)
Prominent Member Registered
05/12/2020 9:10 am  

@allyn

For a long time I wanted him to pick Elizabeth Warren as his VP. Because I think she would be the best to take over the POTUS role too. HOWEVER, when you point out the Senate dilemma, it makes so much sense to pick Kamala Harris. I adore Stacy Abrams too, but Kamala would be ready on day one if needed. Amy is also my husband's favorite so hec yes that's good too, but for the same reason as Warren I think Amy should also wait since her seat in the senate would also be up for grabs.

What is brilliant is your idea of Hillery as AG. THAT I would love to see for many obvious reasons.

😎 😀 

Jessi1978, Amyv, BlueBelle and 4 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@yogagirl)
Reputable Member Registered Registered
05/12/2020 10:10 am  

@allyn I never thought of Hillary as AG.  Ialmost spit my coffee at the screen when I read that!  Great Idea!  I agree about theSenate seats.  I think Kamala might well be the pick.  If she isn't VP she will be AG.   She's a bulldog incourt and would clean up the Justice dept and restore order.  That will be a very important position.  There is going to be a lot of crime to investigate and clean up.  Ifor one will notbe satisfied with a "we want peace and don't want to rockthe boat" attitude.  The corruption of the present administration is obscene and must be brought to full lightand prosecueted. 

Isabelle, Amyv, BlueBelle and 5 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@seeker4)
Eminent Member Registered
05/12/2020 12:38 pm  

I keep seeing Val Demings as Biden's choice.  I adore Stacey Abrams, but would prefer someone who has some experience in Washington.  AND, I want her to head up a task force after the election to clean up our voting issues nationwide.  I think that plays on her strength and experience--and gives her some Washington experience for a future election!  When the campaigns started, my first choice was Elizabeth Warren, but then she kept making  judgement mistakes during the campaign which unsettled me. As for Val Demings: she was terrific during impeachment and being from Florida cannot hurt.  However, seeing her as Biden's choice is NOT analytic, it's more intuitive. 

FEBbby23 and Laynara liked
ReplyQuote
(@allyn)
Estimable Member
05/13/2020 4:30 pm  

@yogagirl

Kamala or Hillary.  It doesn't matter.  I just want a AG who will stick it to the Republicans and teach them what happens when they weaponize the justice system as a political tool.  I want them to face epic-length hearings, deal with thousands of subpoenas, and watch their names get drug through the dirt.  Remember, they did it with Bill and Hillary when Bill was in office.  The Democrats refrained (in part because of 911), only seeking to investigate important matters such as torture of prisoners (which was not aimed at a politician but rather at corruption in the system).  The Obama got in, and the Republicans launched investigation after investigation for the simple purpose to hurt Obama and/or Hillary Clinton.

In short, we gave Republicans 8 years of peace (the Bush years) even after the Clinton debacle, only for them to ramp up their efforts during Obama's reign.  They will not stop with their dirty tactics until they learn the consequences of those actions used against them.  I don't understand why people say we should just forgive and forget.  We tried that, and they still do it. 

I hate the fact that it has gotten to this point, but one of my biggest pet peeves has always been unfairness.  Think of what Trump has done over the years.  He incites violence against reporters who are not Fox News!  Remember when MSNBC and CNN reporters received bombs in the mail?  And yet Fox News didn't react.  But I bet that if someone sent a bomb to Fox News, suddenly they would be outraged that they were targeted and would demand that anyone asking for their deaths to be punished severely.  Seriously, if Fox News was targeted by Biden, and a supporter of Biden sent them a bomb, do you think Fox News will go, "well, it is the First Amendment, and the person had the right to be upset," (which is basically their BS statements when other reporters are targeted)?  THEY WOULD BE AFRAID!!!! They would demand that they be protected and condemn Biden for stirring up public sentiment against them.

Am I saying we should bomb Fox News?  Of course not!  They aren't worth the effort.  But I am pointing out that the Republicans and Fox News has no reason to stop their behavior because we never gave them a reason to.  That is why I hope that whoever the AG is (praying that Biden wins) will get tough with the Republicans and give them the same treatment that they have subjected others to.  That way, if they somehow manage to get control again (or at least younger Republicans), then they may lean on the side of caution and decide not to engage in fear-mongering and weaponizing the justice system, as it can be used against them at the next election.  It is obvious "forgive and forget" doesn't work with these people.  But since we can't ship them over the wall (as much as I would like to), we can ensure that they understand that their are severe consequences for their actions when they chose to stop following the rules of respect and law.

Harris would make Republicans shake in their boots.  But Hillary...oh, man!  She would ask for copies of their emails.  With a big smile on her face.  And if they were called to a Congressional hearing, you can bet that she will hold them a lot longer than the eleven hours she was subjected to.

Isabelle, FEBbby23, dhyanaji and 3 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@yogagirl)
Reputable Member Registered Registered
05/13/2020 5:13 pm  

@Allyn bombing Fox News Hmmmm.  Your right wouldn’t be worth jail time!  No matter who Biden appoints Reps will be shaken.  Could be Adam Schiff too!  That would be fun.

ReplyQuote
(@dhyanaji)
05/13/2020 5:55 pm  

@allyn      I must say your suggestion that Hillary in Barr's position not only got a good hearty and much needed belly laugh out of me and my friends, but has kept a certain smug smile on my face ever since! I know that idea has not crossed Biden's mind nor any of his advisor's thoughts. The sheer panic in the W.H. that that would create is gratifying, if not unrealistic to ponder. Barr would be on the potty for a month straight if not more if he got wind that Biden was seriously contemplating that. It surely would make all of our days if some quick-witted advisor of Biden's would float it as a trial balloon, " Dems thinking of Hillary to replace Barr." Though James Carville is not working for Biden, he is and would be the perfect person to send this "Trial Balloon" flying. He knows how to fight in the political trenches w/ the best of them and has a wicked sense of humour!!!  P.S. Joyann Reid has been on a delightful Twitter rave lately. Though most of us would sorely miss her wk-end show and her out in the States in the thick of things, I think she woud not only make a great advisor to Biden, but one helluva Senator. She has spent her life in politics and has a solid multi-faceted backround. Her depth and breadth of Law, The Constitution, Int'l and U.S. History etc. is staggering.

Seeker4, Polarberry, TriciaCT and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@dhyanaji)
05/13/2020 7:51 pm  

@yogagirl      Though I recently commented that it would certainly stain a lot of tighty whites and boxers on the sicko Right if they thought for one second that Biden was contemplating putting Hillary in the AG post I agree it should go to Schiff. He's earned it and repeatedly proved that he has the fortitude, honor, integrity and breadth and depth of The Law to be our next AG.

Isabelle, Polarberry, Jessi1978 and 5 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@dhyanaji)
05/13/2020 8:06 pm  

@  allyn    I'm w/ Jeanne on this one in regard to an impending downfall of Fox News and The guy at the top, Murdoch and all of them knowingly pushing drugs that don't work and absolute B.S. fake news about Covid-19. I already see and feel 2 of the journalists who've begun a "Deep Dive" and for their protection I will not put their names here. Let's just say they've gotten help from unusual Int'l sources tied to Intelligence who are fed up. Feel the initial 'Expose' could hit mid-summer. Feel that they too are a bit nervous about what has surfaced so far and the ties that Fox has. Can anybody spell TREASON?

Isabelle, Seeker4, Polarberry and 3 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@dhyanaji)
05/14/2020 1:27 am  

I believe it is MSNBC that will have tonight at 10:00 p.m. EST both Biden and Stacy Abrams on together. I am as happy as a pig rolling in ......Hope some of u r able to watch. U may know from my recent post that I am a fan of Ms. Abrams and I'd like to think that I am very discerning when it comes to liking anyone much less endorsing them. She just radiates that XTRA something.

Unk p, Seeker4, ElaineG and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@fran)
Estimable Member Registered
05/14/2020 9:51 pm  

I feel he is choosing between Kamala and Amy. There is also a dark horse figure but he feels apprehensive. 

Polarberry, deetoo, TriciaCT and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
 Ana
(@ana)
05/21/2020 8:54 am  

Just throwing this out there:  During a short insomnia episode in the middle of the night, the thought came to me that Amy Klobuchar would be Biden's VP nominee.   I don't have a lot of "messages" coming to me but when I do have a valid one, they usually come suddenly and feel like they come from the side of my head (whatever that means).  This was one of those. 

Isabelle, Polarberry, Laynara and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)
Reputable Member Registered
05/21/2020 12:05 pm  

@dhyanaji

Agree! I feel it will be Schiff as AG, but Hillary in that post-wouldn't that be sweet ironic justice!!

Unk p liked
ReplyQuote
(@seeker4)
05/21/2020 2:03 pm  

@fran  It might also be Val Demings.  

deetoo liked
ReplyQuote
(@seeker4)
05/21/2020 2:05 pm  

@dhyanaji  She is very impressive.  If she's not his VP pick, I want him to appoint her to a nation wide taskforce to strengthen our elections and make them safe.

Isabelle, deetoo and Unk p liked
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
05/21/2020 3:25 pm  

I like Stacy Abrams. When she is standing up on stage, she is very impressive. She doesn't even have to say anything.

Seeker4, Lilinoe, Unk p and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Noble Member Registered
05/21/2020 3:29 pm  

@elaineg, I totally agree about Abrams.  Felt that way the first time I saw her.

Seeker4, Lilinoe, TriciaCT and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@lenor)
05/21/2020 9:28 pm  

Just announced:

Biden asks Amy Klobuchar to undergo vetting to be running mate - CBS News

www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-running-mate-klobuchar-vetting/

deetoo, dhyanaji, TriciaCT and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)
Reputable Member Registered
05/21/2020 10:58 pm  

@lenor thanks for posting that, Lenor, but dang, i really had my heart set on Stacy Abrams

ElaineG, deetoo, dhyanaji and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: