The Unraveling -- D...

Notifications
Clear all

The Unraveling -- Donald Trump

(@unk-p)
Illustrious Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell

Thank you for fixing that, and for the patience of you all.  I am still learning here

Jeanne Mayell, lenor, Lilinoe and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

@vestralux

Also felt we'd see Ts taxes in November.  

VestraLux, TriciaCT, lenor and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lenor)

As I watched LT.COL. Vindman read his statement this morning I couldn't help but notice the papers he was holding were shaking. I feel so sorry for these wonderful people who are so brave and yet get vilified by IQ45 and his minions. 

Lilinoe, BlueBelle, Yofisofi and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Please send light to these folks who are testifying and trying to do the right thing for the country. I am making an effort before each round of hearings to send the witnesses light and protection. I am sure that this is difficult for all of them and their families even though it is the right thing to do. 

Jeanne Mayell, Lilinoe, BlueBelle and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

@lawrence

It's entirely possible. The House brief is due at the SCOTUS on Nov 21. The court has a conference already scheduled for Nov 22. The conference is where they discuss cases and make decisions in private (no clerks). It's quite possible that they can deny the stay that has been requested. There's a SCOTUS calendar on line, and there's a blog which follows cases, scheduling, etc. This case can be followed in the blog here. It can be found on the SCOTUS site here.

Nixon and Clinton both lost their bids to keep their records requested from being released. Rumps biggest argument is that unlike those instances, where the requests came from Federal agencies, and in this case it's a state issue. Regardless, the SCOTUS ruled in both previous cases that the POTUS wasn't above the law, records needed for investigations of possible crimes should be produced. Aside from the jurisdiction distinction, Rump's only other claim is that this is partisan politics. I don't think that will hold up well. LOL  

As for the hearings, it is going to backfire on those who think they can tear apart decent, loyal, and decorated US civil servants and Military officials. They took shots at Mueller, so I have no doubt they'll do so again to others. I'll be sending prayers and light. 

As for Rump's health, I heard an interesting interview with Obama's former personal physician. He made some interesting points. First, as we've said before, there is a medical unit at the WH. They operate like an urgent care unit-they have x-ray, EKG, and the ability to do a proper physical on site. They may not have a lab, but they can draw blood to send. Doc's thinking neurological, and they needed equipment that isn't at the WH, like an MRI. He was at Walter Reed long enough to have one performed. It could have been necessary to distinguish between a TIA and a mini -stroke (my thought -not the docs). The doc did point out the slurring and searching for words, showing there is some underlying neurological issue-tho he didn't speculate on what that could be. 

Thank goodness there's not a limit to edits on posts in the first few minutes! LOL How did I miss this yesterday? A judge denied Rump's filing to dismiss Summer Zervos's defamation suit. This clears the way for her suit against him to proceed, and he can be deposed by January 31! 

Lilinoe, BlueBelle, VestraLux and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

@cindy

Thanks for the insights.  I also heard the doctor speak on CNN. It was powerful and very revealing. 

Interesting to note that T has not been seen for 3 days in public. The official WH Pool letter on Saturday said the President was not seen returning to the WH. Unless I'm missing another update, something is up.

Lilinoe, VestraLux, Unk p and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@lenor, I'm sure that having to testify for such a public hearing is extremely stressful, especially given how divisive things are.  What is so heartbreaking to me is that although Vindman has led a noble and courageous life as a military officer, the enemy he is facing now is probably like nothing he has encountered before.   I sense that he's not someone who enjoys the limelight -- many of those testifying do not.  Not only are they concerned about how accurately they answers the questions, but also concerned for their reputations and the safety of their families.   I send light and blessings to all of them.

lenor, Lilinoe, BlueBelle and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Re: TRE45ON health issue

A TIA is a mini-stroke, and as soon as I head about the trip to WR Hospital, that's what I thought.

I thought I read somewhere that an NBC press person observed him walking back into the WH Saturday evening with a thick manila envelope under his arm.

I do observe, though, that he's quieter than usual...

I've never wished so hard for an aneurysm in someone else's brain before...

ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

@laura-f

T with the envelope was him leaving the WH. There's a clip online. 

Maybe we'll see him today, day four. Will be interesting to see how he looks.

TriciaCT and TriciaCT reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)

There can be a difference between a TIA and a mini stroke. TIAs leave no damage that can be seen in imaging, nor any deficiencies after the TIA is over. Dad has had TIAs that left no damage and were not visible on imaging. Mom has Alzheimer's and vascular dementia, and dad has had 7 'mini' strokes in addition to the TIAs (he's got a-fib which produces blood clots causing the strokes/TIAs). In both their cases, the damage did not show on CAT scans, but when pressed, and MRIs were used, the damage could be seen, and the number of strokes counted and areas of the brain affected.  

If it was a TIA Rump may be fine, and they are just keeping him on a light schedule as a precaution or to see if there is something else coming. Dad walked to the car after having the last 3 mini strokes (one clot broke into 3 smaller pieces and hit 3 areas of the brain taking 1.5 hours to do so). However, 24 hours later his gait started to suffer. We didn't know it was a series of strokes-ER CAT scan didn't show them. It took several days for all the symptoms to show up as the brain dealt with the damage. Within 5 days, he couldn't walk without aid, and ended up going from the hospital to a rehab for 5 weeks. After such an event, it's like a roller coaster. Good one day-like nothing happened, then drastic changes the next. 

@lawrence, the clip by NBCs Kelly O'Donnell on line only says that he was getting into a vehicle in the motorcade with the WH doc. It doesn't distinguish whether that was at the WH or Walter Reed. However in an NBC news story, they noted he was seen leaving Reed with the tan envelope. 

C-Span has video of his meeting today. I'll leave it to others to watch for what they may see health-wise from the clips. I can't stand to watch or hear him. 

Lilinoe, BlueBelle, lenor and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Don’t worry he is back.  He had a televised meeting with his suck ups...I mean cabinet members 

Lilinoe, lenor, TriciaCT and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

@jessi1978

With new hair and very heavy makeup.

VestraLux, Lilinoe, Unk p and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@Lawrence - thanks for that correction, I was wondering if what I read/saw/heard was sketchy...

lenor, TriciaCT, Lawrence and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

Translation: He probably had a heart attack.

T on his trip to Walter Reed: “I went for a physical and I came back. My wife said, ‘Darling are you okay? What’s wrong? Oh, they’re reporting you may have had a heart attack.’ I said, ‘Why did I have a heart attack?’ ‘Because you went to Walter Reed Medical Center.”  

VestraLux, Baba, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)

@lenor

I noticed it too.  My heart really broke for him. He's a brave person who really loves his country, and grew up hearing stories of how bad things can be when you live in an autocracy. He must be stunned at what's become of this country.  I was appalled that the White House used their twitter account to attack him.  These people are shockingly indecent. Which got me to thinking that most of T's ilk, and the GOP in general, have to be legit psychopaths. Then I was watching the hearings, and the attorney doing the questioning for the dems looks like that kind of young man you'd want as your son in law. The attorney doing the questioning for the republicans looks like a complete a-hole. What is with these people??? I think the GOP attracts people who are mentally ill, psych damaged or just plain dumb. 

herondreams, BlueBelle, lenor and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

What's everyone having for breakfast this morning? Trump Toast is mighty tasty.

The Sondland Testimony as Mercury goes Direct is a wow!! 

Lilinoe, VestraLux, CDeanne and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)

Bless Sondland and his exhibits (emails, written proof). He clearly states what everyone (except the Republicans) had already acknowledged-this was a quid pro quo from the start,  and he's naming names. This is a John Dean moment,  and this was just his written opening statement, which is routinely distributed to Congress & the press prior to the start of the hearing!

VestraLux, lenor, CDeanne and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yogagirl)
Famed Member Registered

When Sondland is done a lot of people in the investigation are going t have tire tracks down their backs!!!!!   Including allholy Pence.

CDeanne, Unk p, Lawrence and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)

@lawrence

It’s already late afternoon in Europe, so I’m having an impeacharita. ? 

Lilinoe, lenor, CDeanne and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 PamP
(@pamp)
Famed Member Registered

@laura-f

The Executive Branch is the branch charged with carrying out laws, and that includes most of law enforcement. Legislative is charged with creating them, and Judicial with interpreting them. Most law enforcement falls under Executive, although some individual agencies in the other two branches may have some sort of law enforcement arm. https://www.usa.gov/branches-of-government#item-211477

Lilinoe, lenor, Lilinoe and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 92 / 166
Share: