The Unraveling -- D...

Notifications
Clear all

The Unraveling -- Donald Trump

(@mas1581)
Illustrious Member Registered

If he is back at the WH, then he is incapacitated/drugged for some reason. Its not him tweeting but its definitely really being made to look like him. Theyre hiding the fact that he currently doesnt have the mental or physical capacity to use twitter-which is saying a lot right there.

Lilinoe, Lawrence, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@cindy

Funny but what you said resonated with me. When I asked who would win the election 3 years ago I kept getting Hillery. I asked my friends and those I followed too. Everyone got Hillery.

All: So, if she actually did win, (minus the steal /cheating) then I wonder if there is ever any evidence that she was the real POTUS, thus making DJT illegitimate, could that change who is standing at the podium in 2021?

lenor and lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
(@codyroo)
Noble Member Registered

Posted by: @vestralux
Posted by: @laura-f

Yes, the drug use - it's long term and ongoing and I've always believed a combo of heredity, drugs and syphilis to be combining factors in the dementia.

Yes, the bowels - I'm sure he at least has IBS since all he eats is crap. Probably long term diverticulitis, which is why he avoids veggies and fruits. I've gotten images of him having to put on giant adult diapers. I hope his bowel twists and perforates...

Yes, Jarvanka et al flee - Croatia and Montenegro are across the water from Italy. Very pretty. Generally very racist. Croatia is in the EU, Montenegro is not. No extradition treaties.

.. but I gotta be real: I'm getting a serious case of precog schadenfreude just at the thought of the guy in diapers.

I wonder if this is why the "Trump Baby" balloon triggers him so much.

lenor, Lovendures, Coyote and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Well only getting worse for him. The house is now investigating wether he lied to Mueller ( oh so sweet) 

Washington (CNN) - The House of Representatives is now investigating whether President Donald Trump lied to special counsel Robert Mueller in written answers he provided in the Russia investigation, the House's general counsel said in federal court Monday.

"Did the President lie? Was the President not truthful in his responses to the Mueller investigation?" House general counsel Douglas Letter told the US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit about why the House now needs access to grand jury material Mueller collected in his investigation.

The House's arguments Monday draw new focus to whether Trump had lied to Mueller following public revelations at Roger Stone's trial this month.

Former Trump deputy campaign chairman Rick Gates testified that Trump and Stone talked about information that was coming that could help the campaign in mid-2016, at a time when Stone was attempting to get secret details about stolen Democratic documents WikiLeaks had.

Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort also apparently told the Mueller grand jury what Trump's approach to WikiLeaks had been in 2016, according to the Mueller report.

But Trump told Mueller in his written statements he didn't recall discussing WikiLeaks with Stone.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/18/politics/house-investigating-trump-lying-to-mueller/index.html?ofs=fbia

lenor, Cindy, Baba and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

Mercury goes stationary tomorrow and direct on Wed at 2:11pm est. You'll probaby feel quite a bit lighter and more like yourself. 

Also expect a lot of surprises with the impeachment investigation this week.

Celticwitch, Lilinoe, seaturtle26 and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@Lawrence - I always look forward to feeling a bit lighter ? and have already prepared my snacks and libations for the televised hearings this week! May it be a good week for the truth and the light to shine through!

Lilinoe, lenor, Lovendures and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

@baba

Yes! That's my feeling! Expect the unexpected. I think this week will be devastating for T. 

Things will start moving forwards again in general. 

May have a Walgreens commercial I filmed hit the air this week or next. Hoping it happens!

Lilinoe, Bee, lenor and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @triciact

All: So, if she actually did win, (minus the steal /cheating) then I wonder if there is ever any evidence that she was the real POTUS, thus making DJT illegitimate, could that change who is standing at the podium in 2021?

I think the answer is no.  Clinton didn't win the presidency in any way that could resurrect her. It's true that she got the popular vote by 3 million, even with massive voter suppression and fixed redistricting to minimize blue votes.  But then Trump won the Electoral College votes decides the presidency in the United States. There is some possibility that he got the popular votes in the swing states, and thus the critical Electoral College votes,  because of Russian and/or Cambridge Analytics-Type social media bots that targeted the persuadable voters.  But those persuadable voters then went out and voted for Trump.  If there was hacking and the results were false, it still doesn't change who is the real president.  Jill Stein raised millions of dollars for a recount in the swing states, but was refused by those Republican controlled election boards.  Then on December 17, 2016 the Electoral College elected Donald Trump.  The Electoral College elected GW Bush too even with dubious vote counting in Florida. Hillary Clinton never became president so she cannot ever be the real POTUS for 2017-2020.  This is my recollection. I am not a legal scholar about this nor do I have any news sources.  But I think it's correct. 

If someone knows differently, then please let us know with links to legal statutes or a credible news source. 

Lilinoe, CDeanne, lenor and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

@jeanne-mayell

I'm not a real lawyer, but I play one in my dreams. LOL I don't have the time to go do a major search, but when I researched it way back when, what I found was that there is no legal recourse here once the Electoral College votes, even if it is proven later that ballots were changed. It's not like a baseball game where a group of umpires or league officials can boot players or teams out of contention (like Eight Men Out), or strip them of a title.  There's no law that notes anything that could call an election null and void on a nationwide scale if I recall correctly.  This article sort of summarizes it. Once in office, the way to get rid of the office holder is to impeach or remove via the 25th Amendment. 

At the point I heard spirit say Hillary is President, the Electoral College hadn't voted and ratified the general election. So he'll go down in history as President, however if they quantify the Russian interference, or find evidence of ballot tampering, etc., his name will have an asterisk behind it noting he was technically illegitimate. It's one of the reasons I've been saying all along that this whole mess will result in laws and procedures that will change things so loopholes like this are closed, and the country will have recourse should anyone ever attempt such things again. 

On a side note, the twitter feeds I read have noted that Rumpus didn't leave the residence today. All briefings, etc. were not held in the West Wing. 

But it was just a routine physical.  

And I love that they're going to dig back into the Mueller report, and whether Drumpft lied.

Lilinoe, KB, TriciaCT and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@cindy Thanks for helping me understand.  I thought someone was hinting that Hillary could somehow be resurrected as president. I doubt it will make a difference in how the next election is conducted but this situation I pray will be fixed down the road. 

Lilinoe, lenor, Lilinoe and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@5leafclover)
Noble Member Participant

@jeanne-mayell

I am now very concerned about the SCOTUS's decision to hold up the release of Donald Trump's tax returns. I strongly suspect that the members of SCOTUS are acting as blatant political partisans who will gladly participate in Trump's efforts to cover up horrible crimes to help keep the GOP in power.  I'm sure that millions of others are going to see this as SCOTUS colluding with the immoral hardened criminal in the White House. I suspect that the tax returns that are being withheld will include evidence of crimes that the public doesn't know even exist as well as the ones people have heard about.

Lilinoe, TriciaCT, lenor and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@5leafclover

SCOTUS Is a right wing court.  It’s sad but true.  The GOP finagled the appointments. But the justices don’t want to go down into history as having desecrated the Supreme Court. So there is  hope.  

ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)

@5leafclover

I read on George Conway's Twitter feed that what SCOTUS did today was an administrative move that's pretty routine. It just holds up release to give them time to review the request, and their decision should come out later this week. So for now there's still hope they'll pass on taking the case. 

Marley, Lilinoe, KB and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

Rump's camp filed for a stay. The SCOTUS issued a temporary stay because of this motion. The House has till the 21st to file a brief contesting the stay request. Then the SCOTUS will vote on whether or not to grant the stay. Rump needs 5 of 9 votes to get the stay. If he doesn't get the 5 votes, the House gets the returns. If SCOTUS grants *that* stay, Rump will get time to file a Writ of Certiorari (appeal request) to SCOTUS and, in the meantime, the tax returns won’t be released until SCOTUS decides whether to grant cert. Trump needs 4 Justices to vote to grant cert or, it's game over.  If Cert is granted, that means SCOTUS will take the case and hear arguments from the parties on the merits of the case. Trump will need five Justices to vote in his favor on the merits, or it’s curtains for Rump. So basically, Rump needs to win all three rounds (stay, cert, and merits) to keep them hidden. The House needs to only prevail in any one of these instances. Rump has a decent chance of getting the first two, but the merits from what I'm reading will be difficult if they make it that far.  So, don't sweat it just yet. 

Marley, Lilinoe, KB and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

I was adding an important point to my last post when I got interrupted and 90 minutes went by.  I was wanting to add that there is hope because the justices don’t want to go down in history as having demeaned the court. Chief Justice Roberts has shown that he is concerned about the court's reputation. It's a conservative court  but not rogue. And I think Trump’s taxes are going to get released.  

Lilinoe, KB, TriciaCT and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)

That stay is standard protocol. They have to decide whether theyre taking the case and if so, what they will rule. If they allow for the release of the documents, then they have essentially ruled without hearing the case. You cant un-release them and if they were to decide to rule in Trump's(or any other litigant's) favor, then the damage would be done and irreversible if they were released before a ruling was made. 

ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

This is a top story in The Guardian today. The writer Art Cullen points out that the good reputation and respectability of our former Ukrainian ambassador makes Trump look bad. Here's an excerpt:

"Marie Yovanovitch represents something Americans are desperate for: decency

Lilinoe, Baba, TriciaCT and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

On the subject of T's taxes, I've felt only a sense of peace and calm on the subject for several months now. And I've actually believed for a little while that they will be released sometime in the month of November. (That's just a premonition, but I think the astrology supports it. Hope so!)

If SCOTUS refuses to take up the case, or otherwise rules in favor of the lower court's opinion, then amen. And I personally feel that's what's going to happen. But worst case scenario and SCOTUS overrules the lower court, I'm still absolutely convinced the public will see those taxes eventually—and probably sooner rather than later. There will be a leak, something. They're coming out one way or another, and not the short version.

I can't remember whether I've ever posted about this here, but I did record it in the notes on my phone, which captures the date I typed it down. A screenshot of that may not be helpful to you for the site @jeanne-mayell, but I'm happy to share it with you if this does come about and it could be added to the "hits." :) 

Lilinoe, Baba, TriciaCT and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@unkp, Thanks for finding the article.  We cannot reprint whole articles without permission, but you can paraphrase, add a quote, and link to the article. 

Lilinoe, Unk p, TriciaCT and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@vestralux

I keep hearing the song "Timber" by Ke$ha and Pit bull lately when reading this thread and the topic of T's taxes! Lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rhz_m-tgi2Y

VestraLux, lenor, Lawrence and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 91 / 166
Share: