Clear all

The Unraveling -- Donald Trump

3,304 Posts
118 Users
40032 Likes
287.3 K Views
(@lawrence)
Illustrious Member Registered

T's taxes have been repeatedly floating through my mind quite often recently. I think were going to see something in the near future.

KB, TriciaCT, lenor and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

@lawrence

Well as of Friday which I am sure he already did an appeal but T lost his appeal to hand over his taxes to the house.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2019/10/11/trump-loses-appeal-to-withhold-financial-records-from-democrats-000283

Contrary to the President’s arguments, the Committee possesses authority under both the House Rules and the Constitution to issue the subpoena,” Judge David Tatel wrote in an opinion joined by Judge Patricia Millett.

TriciaCT, Lilinoe, lenor and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

@jessi1978

Thanks. It still subject to more appeals. We or at least the House will know shortly. Maybe in November. Devastating month for T.

A leak may also happen.....

Lilinoe, Baba, BlueBelle and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

Well even John Bolton will have to testify soon. Especially after Fiona Hill's testimony to congress! Bolton wanted White House lawyers alerted to Ukrainian efforts, called it 'drug deal,' witness tells Congress

Former Russian analyst Fiona Hill testified to members of Congress on Monday behind closed doors.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/trumps-former-top-russia-adviser-to-testify-in-house-impeachment-probe/2019/10/14/e6015c1c-ee34-11e9-8693-f487e46784aa_story.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/bolton-wanted-white-house-lawyers-alerted-ukrainian-efforts-called-it-n1066141

KB, lenor, KB and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@saibh)
Famed Member Registered

So ... the vision of things being kept in a safe, and the safe being opened only to discover it's empty ... am I remembering that correctly? I'm currently listening to an interview with Ronan Farrow (the interview is from yesterday's Pod Save America) about his new book, Catch & Kill, and he talks about Trump and AMI (The Enquirer). When it came out that AMI had catch & kill info on Trump and investigators wanted it, AMI shredded documents. Later, when people went to the AMI safe, they opened it and it was empty. More items had been lost or destroyed.

I got a little shiver down my spine when he said the safe was empty. It's amazing when your predictions seem to be so specifically confirmed. Thank you for all you do, and the context and hope and warnings you share from intuition and abilities.

Lilinoe, KB, lenor and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@codyroo)
Noble Member Registered

@saibh

I was thinking the same thing.  I just got back from Europe and just read that story on CNN and thought the same thing.  This Safe and the Submarine thing keep popping up.

ReplyQuote
(@lenor)

@saibh

I listened to the same interview on NPR this morning and thought the very same thing as you.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

I just posted the latest predictions which turned out to be mostly about Trump's unraveling. It was six of us meditating together on October 9. You can read them here.

March and April 2020 will be a major turning point for Trump, and it looks bad for him. 

Some of us saw him out after that. Some of us even got hints of him or some of his people escaping the country.  

Andrew Posey saw Biden and Warren winning the DNC with what was likely Warren as vp nominee. Most saw a democratic president with Trump in a mental health, medicated condition at the Inauguration. 

I did not see who will be the next president. I'm not even sure it's decided.  I also did not see Trump's demise. When I asked who was on the Inaugural stage I only saw a dark haired woman with a large left eye.  Could be Pelosi who would be attending as Speaker of the House. But it could be simply that she is going to be playing a major role for the next six months in effecting the presidency.  

Finally no one saw a plunging economy, at least not in this meditation. :-)

Prediction is not well understood.  I spend a lot of time thinking about it because of years of tracking my own and others on this site. It pays to understand what we are actually seeing when we do this work. 

I also encourage you to come to my bi-annual Read the Future nights so you can expand your own practice. Next one is just four weeks away.   It will help you grow your own intuition and awareness of our world. Go here to register!  (It's free). 

Lawrence, lenor, BlueBelle and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

Jeanne: I just signed up for Read the future! so excited...

Not sure if this is the right topic to post this in, but I get so confused about why people support him. My best friend is not a supporter, but her husband is. My husband went on a golf vacation with my friend's hubby (who is also a friend of mine for years) and they were all Trump supporters. 2 of the guys were NYC police detectives, 3 self employed etc. They all talked about how their pensions have never been better. So let me get this straight, they don't care if he's in Putin's pocket or if he cheats, lies and steals (these are all nice guys by the way) and they don't really care as long as THEY are ok. It angers and saddens me all at the same time.  I don't get it.

Lilinoe, Jeanne Mayell, lenor and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@TriciaCT - scroll back to find the link I posted to the research article about exactly what you are talking about. Drumpfsters tend to fall into two categories: 1) I got mine and don't give a crap about anyone else's problems; 2) Complete dissatisfaction with their own lives because they feel entitled to more.

TriciaCT, lenor, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)

@jeanne-mayell

Thanks Jeanne and everyone who worked on these predictions. They're pretty great, and really resonated with me. xoxo

TriciaCT, Jeanne Mayell, lenor and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)

@triciact

The world is full of misguided people who care more about things (money, possessions, etc.) then they do about what's really important. Although most aren't psychopaths, there is something slightly psychopathic about them, and they are micro versions of you know who and if his enablers.

You can tell when you're in their presence -- they feel empty, soulless. I work in the legal profession and it's full of people like that. What a wasted life to care only about things that ultimately don't matter, rather than realizing they can harness their power to do good in the world. Wish them well, wish them enlightenment, because they are on the wrong track and are squandering their lives.

Lilinoe, TriciaCT, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@triciact. Glad you are coming to Read the Future night!  

lenor, CDeanne, RosieHeart and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Analysis of some Trump organization tax documents give us a glimpse of potential fraud. https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-inc-podcast-never-before-seen-trump-tax-documents-show-major-inconsistencies?utm_source=pardot&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=majorinvestigations

I can only imagine the world they will uncover once All of his tax documents are exposed.  

What I see in my minds eye is something akin to a gangster movie where you go behind the facade and see people loading trucks of contraband in the night and thugs threatening people, laundered money, multiple sets of books being kept, and shakedowns. 

lenor, Lawrence, lenor and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yogagirl)
Famed Member Registered

The thing that astounds and confuses me the most is these brave patriotic Reps who have been lead to beleive the enemy is their fellow citizens who don't agree with them!  They are the first to salute the flag and say "don't ever forget" yet they have nothing to say about the dump family and their love for the SAudi-fifteen of whom were the  enemy on 9/11 and have no problem with selling this country to russia because Russia helped elect (illegally) their lord and master, the great mango moron!  They forget that Social Security, which by the way is insurance that we purchase when we work, and Medicare are all products of Dems who had to bail out the mess Reps left.  As for the cops I have no clue.  I know good ones and bad ones.  But they all love their pensions and can't understand that not everyone has them.  My best friend worked in non-profit all her life, she made good money due to a high position, her brother was a county cop and then a sheriffs deputy who collects double pension.  When she was widowed and went back to work part-time he was flabergasted!  Could not believe she didn't have a big pension like he did.  Had no clue! Rand Paul was interviewed the other day and claimed SS was welfare!  This is a spoiled brat who was raised with oil company money and insites violence by dumping his waste in his neighbors yard!  Kentucky is one of the poorest states in the union yet they keep electing representatives who do everything in their power to take as much away from them as possible!

Dump has convinced these people that the only true americans are those who agree with him.  He has become the president of the people whoagree with him not the president of the United States.  SICK!!!!

shan, Lilinoe, LalaBella and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

Yogagirl: (and everyone here) It's so true what you said about how people are supporting this sick mango moron. It's so sad to me too, because I have a lot of friends and family who are all GOPers and Trumpies. I can't remove them (nor do I want to) from my life but it makes me crazy too. My cousin who has been like a sister to me has distanced herself from me because of many things in her life right now but I know our difference in Politics has been a factor.

This site has been a godsend for me because I get to feel connected to all of you and hear others who feel as I do which is hard to find. I do have friends who feel like I do (two very good ones) but my husband and I don't talk about politics to most of our friends because some are GOPers or married to a GOPer. This mango moron has caused so much division, even in marriages!

Thank you all for being so wonderful and caring.

shan, Lilinoe, LalaBella and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

We're learning more about T's taxes. Its beginning to leak...

We're about to learn a lot more.

https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-inc-podcast-never-before-seen-trump-tax-documents-show-major-inconsistencies/amp?__twitter_impression=true

(Just noticed Jeanne already posted this article too)

shan, KB, Lilinoe and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

If you go back and re-read George Orwells Animal Farm, its all there to explain the blue collar worker love of Trump.  The book was a satirical fable about Stalin and the rise of totalitarian government but it applies to what is happening in the U.S.  I think of the blue collar worker love of Trump as the horse character. He worked hard all his life, back breaking work, and believed that the pigs were telling him the truth.  Then the day came when he could no  longer work due to age and his leaders loaded him into a truck and carried him off to be killed and turned into soap. He didnt realize it until it was too late.  

This doesn't apply to the police because they are still getting the benefits worked out by their unions.  They make good money and have great benefits.   But I  good working conditions  and benefits should be extended to everyone not just a select few. Anyone who works full time should be able to earn a decent living and receive full medical care.   There are many progressives who will disagree with me. That  is okay. :-)

Lilinoe, VestraLux, TriciaCT and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Oh Trump and Friends watch out for NY 

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed a measureWednesday that would allow the state to pursue charges against people who have received a presidential pardon — a law seen as a direct shot at President Donald Trump.

Multiple ex-Trump aides or associates are imprisoned or facing legal scrutiny in New York.

The newly signed law creates a narrow exception in the state's double jeopardy law, which prohibits the prosecution of a person who's been tried for the same crime by the federal government. The change takes effect immediately.

No one is above the law and New York will not turn a blind eye to criminality, no matter who seeks to protect them," Cuomo said in a statement. "The closure of this egregious loophole gives prosecutors the ability to stand up against any abuse of power, and helps ensure that no politically motivated, self-serving action is sanctioned under law."

This was introduced because of Trump and company

The New York measure was introduced by state Attorney General Letitia James, who began investigating the finances of the president and the Trump Organization earlier this year. That probe came after Cohen told Congress that Trump had inflated the worth of his assets in financial statements to secure bank loans.

James has said the law was necessary because double jeopardy "exists to prevent someone from being charged twice for the same crime, not to allow them to evade justice altogether."

"We have a responsibility to ensure that individuals who commit crimes under New York state law are held accountable for those crimes," James said in a statement Tuesday.

This critical new law closes a gaping loophole that could have allowed any president to abuse the presidential pardon power by unfairly granting a pardon to a family member or close associate and possibly allow that individual to evade justice altogether. No one is above the law, and this commonsense measure will provide a reasonable and necessary check on presidential power today and for all presidents to come."

With the President all but pledging to corruptly abuse his pardon power to allow friends and associates off the hook, it is crucial that we have closed the Double Jeopardy loophole and preserved the rule of law in New York," Democratic state Sen. Todd Kaminsky, who sponsored the legislation, said in a statement.

The new exception allows state prosecutors to pursue investigations into any pardoned individual who served in a president's administration, worked directly or indirectly to advance a presidential campaign or transition, or worked at a nonprofit or business controlled by a president, and whose alleged criminal activity took place in New York. The law also allows for investigations to be opened or continued into anyone who was pardoned for the president's benefit.

Oh poor Guiliani your friend can’t help you ??

The measure was proposed after reports that Trump was weighing a pardon for his former campaign manager, Paul Manafort, who's serving a 7½-year prison term on federal bank fraud, tax evasion and conspiracy charges stemming from former special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

BlueBelle, lenor, Jaidy and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@Jessi1978

I don't think the NYS law will stand the test of time. Yeah, it's great now, but what if the tables were turned? What if this was about a progressive president pardoning someone who had been targeted by an opposing party? (See: All Things Clinton). It may seem like a "gaping loophole" right now, but in future it could easily turn into a noose.  It also creates another loophole in that all an accused would have to do is change state of residency, because Federal Law supersedes all state laws, and I'm pretty sure Federal Law says the President can pardon anyone for any reason at any time.

Lilinoe, lenor, Lilinoe and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 70 / 166
Share: