The Unraveling -- D...

Notifications
Clear all

The Unraveling -- Donald Trump

(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@pep and @celticwitch, interesting that many people on this site predicted T. going silent.   If that literally happens, wouldn't that be a breath of fresh air?  Not to hear that voice or see that face ... heaven.   I once saw this Gary Larson cartoon that  depicted hell as a man being stuck in a locked room with a dufus, whistling the same tune, nonstop.  Kinda like what we have now.

During T's first year, I saw a doctored billboard of Bush Jr holding up a sign that read, "Miss me now?"  I was not a fan of Dubya, but I found myself shouting "YES!"

If it weren't for all of you wonderful people, I'd be babbling to myself by now.  Thank you! ❤️ 

Suspira44, Lilinoe, LalaBella and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

More bad news for T

Judge rules Trump must turn over tax returns for hush money investigation President Donald Trump lost his bid Monday to shield his tax returns from the Manhattan District Attorney's office, which subpoenaed them as part of an investigation into "hush payments" to Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal.

In a 75-page decision Judge Victor Marrero said he could not endorse "such a categorical and limitless assertion of presidential immunity from judicial process as being countenanced by the nation's constitutional plan." 

Trump had argued he was immune from any criminal proceeding while in office. The judge said the president was entitled to no such "protective shield." 

The notion of federal supremacy and presidential immunity from judicial process that the president here invokes, unqualified and boundless in its reach as described above, cuts across the grain of these constitutional precedents," Marrero wrote

Keep piling on bad news for him!!!

Lilinoe, LalaBella, lenor and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)
Illustrious Member Registered

Home Run

NY Times:

Breaking News: President Trump must turn over eight years of his personal and corporate tax returns to Manhattan prosecutors, a federal judge ruled.

This is huge. Federal judge dismisses Trump’s effort to keep Manhattan DA from getting his taxes. Trump can appeal. The issue will be whether he has to comply during the appeal.

Lilinoe, LalaBella, BlueBelle and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

To Everybody;

I find that would be very hard to see that Trump will go silent?  really?  no way, he has too big of an ego to keep his mouth shut.

I am not confident he will just go quiet unless he falls ill.

most likely scenario, Trump will resign due to the overwhelming evidence stacked against him

he also wants to protect his children, especially Ivanka.  Ivanka and Jared are under investigation as well.

I could be all wrong, and who knows how all of this will play out. 

In the last two weeks, I closed my social media accounts Twitter, and Facebook.  it was the best decision and I have gotten caught up with my projects, like art, mosaic, and of course my dogs.

I'm going to suggest a wild one here. 

take a break...

MayberryStars

imagine living in Mayberry

deetoo, PamP, deetoo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 KB
(@kb)
Prominent Member Registered

@lawrence and @jessi1978

Jeeze, he gets yet another delay!  
"The Second Circuit Court of Appeals granted President Trump an emergency stay Monday after the president lost a key court ruling over his tax returns, reports Bloomberg"

deetoo, Lawrence, deetoo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

@kb

Yes I saw that. I knew he would do that but I love this part of it 

The notion of federal supremacy and presidential immunity from judicial process that the president here invokes, unqualified and boundless in its reach as described above, cuts across the grain of these constitutional precedents," Marrero wrote

If one judge can come to this conclusion others can too.

KB, Lilinoe, deetoo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

Breaking out the bubbly and popcorn might be very near now... I read this very interesting article about the information from R. Broeksmit who happens to be the son of a former Deutsche Bank executive, who died in 2014. Mr. Broeksmit not that long ago was going through his father's files and his father's emails and came across a treasure trove of documents, some of which pertained to Donald Trump and his finances. ...Adam Schiff subpoenas the documents So Broeksmit turns over the documents. He also gave them to the FBI, gave some of them to journalists and that's where we are today. They have these documents, both the FBI and Democrats in the house of representatives. And this isn't something that actually just happened this week. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/son-ex-deutsche-bank-executive-handed-secret-documents-to-fbi-2019-10?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Looks like Our Orange nightmare might be losing it quickly!

Marley, KB, VestraLux and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yogagirl)
Famed Member Registered

Well he is at it again this morning!  He is pulling troops from protecting the Kurds leaving them wide open  to inilation by Turkey.  Hell even Lenograd Lynsey called him out on this! Themilitary is advising aginast it and calling it  a disaster.  Dump won't  listen because this is what Putin wants.  Once again support the dictators which he so  inspire to be one of!  Also the Ukraine deal has been blown wide open. Rudy was trying  to negotiate the downfall of the countries natural gas  company to be bought by Dump associates.  Had nothng to do wiith the  Bidens just more dirty dealings with the Dumps.  He is running out of people to accuse of Treason.  

By the way I only read headlines and subnopsis in the Am.  I'm sure there will be more indebt reports to read by now. I also spilled coffee on my key board so some of my spelling mistakes are stuck keys!  

Hold on to your hats.  Another day under the Circus Bigtop!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/videos/politics/2019/10/07/lindsey-graham-syria-troops-trump-response-sot-vpx.cnn

KB, VestraLux, mariad and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rosieheart)
Famed Member Registered

I never, in my 63 years, thought I would hear a United States Senator, who swore an oath to defend and protect the Constitution and U.S. laws, say on television "I don't trust the FBI or the CIA."

Yet that is exactly what Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wisconsin) did this weekend.

Shocking and disgraceful.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2019/10/06/ron-johnson-says-he-doesnt-trust-cia-fbi-meet-press/3890295002/

By the way, I woke up with  "Blow the Man Down" rattling loudly in my head this morning.   Baba, that made me laugh out loud!

PamP, lenor, KB and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

I feel very hopeful with all of this news!   T. is becoming more desperate in his decisions, so I'd encourage everyone to send protective light/prayers to all of those who will be the casualties or recipients of his deranged actions (including all of us).  I believe his decision regarding the Kurds is one example.  He's terrified and wants to feel like he has some control.  And since he doesn't care about anyone but himself, he seems to go out of his way to be reckless and cruel when he's pissed off.

shan, Lilinoe, lenor and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)

We have definitely reached crazy time! I have to admit to feeling some anxiety about all of these final shenanigans that the the great and powerful clod is getting up to. There are very real life consequences to some of the bad decisions that he is making and implementing due to his meltdown. I agree with @deetoo that we need to send light and protection to all that are affected and those who are trying to do the right thing. 

And to @RosieHeart, how funny that you woke up to Blow the Man Down! I still don’t know what it meant when it came to me, but maybe it will become clear to us in time. 

I’m thankful for all of you and your support and kindness throughout these turbulent times! Let’s keep sending light to guide the country and its people to act for the highest good and we will get through this!

shan, lenor, deetoo and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

With all the craziness going on today, I threw the tarot this afternoon.

Month by month for the next 8 months. It looks tough through end of 2019, but I saw a remarkable improvement after the the first of the year in 2020. It looks like some welcomed relief is coming.

I feel he'll be out this coming Spring.

Cheers 

shan, lenor, PamP and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

Sure you weren't looking at Uranus? 

@laura-f,

Good one! ? I've spent some time this morning trying to come up with a good comeback.  I got nothin' ... at least nothin' worthy of posting.  I blame my post-menopausal brain.  ? 

Marley, Michele, Marley and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)

@lawrence

I like that idea of him out in spring. The later the better in my opinion. That gives the RNC less time to prepare a backup plan for not only their POTUS candidate, but to deflect the upcoming onslaught of newly open eyes for their house and senate candidates when Fox turns on Trump.

shan, lenor, KB and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

Things are moving moving quickly now! Future outcomes and deciding if its time to start switching or bailing from connections with T.

Mitch McConnell critical of Trump's call to withdraw troops and U.S. support in Syria.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/07/politics/mitch-mcconnell-republican-response-syria-kurds/index.html

shan, lenor, VestraLux and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rosieheart)
Famed Member Registered

Even Pat Robertson is none too happy with Trump this afternoon.  He said on his show that Trump is risking "losing his mandate from heaven" by abandoning the Kurds, and also said Trump "allowed Khassoggi to be cut in pieces".

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/pat-robertson-destroys-trump-allowed-khashoggi-to-be-cut-in-pieces-may-lose-the-mandate-of-heaven-over-syria-pullout/

Lilinoe, lenor, VestraLux and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@deetoo

Right on Deetoo! That is THE best comeback especially if you were experiencing major power flashes at the time. 

Trying to explain the major efforts of finding a single word is one thing, moving on to complex thing--only makes me laugh.

But a full blown creative comeback to top an already elevated level of humor--forget it !  Too much thinking uses up energy we need for more important things!

TriciaCT, deetoo, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

@rosieheart

The Oval Office Occupier has about as much of a legitimate "mandate from heaven" as I do from Wall Street. 

And while I want to give Robertson half-a-nod for finally telling the truth on Trump's egregious complicity in the brutal murder and dismemberment of an honored journalist, a truth told too late carries about as much weight in this scenario as the absurd presidential lies they've all gladly been supporting until just this very moment. 

This is what we call a convenient political exit strategy for the hard right. 

shan, Baba, RosieHeart and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@vestralux:  Well said. 

I do feel that Trump pulled the troops from protecting the Kurds to distract from headlines about his tax returns and Deutsche Bank exposures. The cruelty of such an act that will result in their slaughter with no warning tells volumes about the man.

Kim, Baba, VestraLux and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 PamP
(@pamp)
Famed Member Registered

This was a weird meditation vision. At first, I thought Trump was in a coffin, but it was larger and it was a large box or small closet-like room with what looked like acoustic tiles all round it. He was yelling and screaming but the only thing I could hear was the Three Stooges theme song! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE9kz5eMyrQ His hands were tied and he was desperately trying to use them. Then he started receding in the box, getting smaller and smaller and there were some trees beginning to get leaves appearing around the box when he vanished. Maybe the GOP has had enough and will force him out? It was just weird, especially the Three Stooges. Makes me wonder who the other stooges are. Pretty sure Giuliana and Barr are stooges, along with Trump - and in reality, there were six Stooges so that leaves room for at least three more.

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!

jovesta, TriciaCT, Lilinoe and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 64 / 166
Share: