Clear all

The Unraveling -- Donald Trump

3,304 Posts
118 Users
40032 Likes
287.3 K Views
(@herondreams)
Famed Member Registered

Here is a petition to demand Barr's resignation, for anyone inclined to sign it:

http://act.democracyforamerica.com/sign/Reich-BarrResign/?source=rr&fbclid=IwAR3vufYPmCmEJhkKEqYiLnUlZ-cyORPIZ-E6RUz821Fzjuzl3ULs9X40htA

Lilinoe, lenor, TriciaCT and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

Reposting @Rowsells's post on Ivanka Trump here as not everyone checks the "recent posts" sidebar column or uses their "unread" button (located in the box under forum statistics)

Rowsella:

I saw this referred to and linked in a WaPo comments section:

https://www.politicalflare.com/2020/03/new-york-prosectors-believe-ivanka-trump-skimmed-millions-from-the-2016-inaugural-fund/

New York Prosecutors Believe Ivanka Trump Skimmed Millions From The 2016 Inaugural Fund

A new government lawsuit filed in January alleges that Ivanka Trump illegally over-billed the non-profit Inauguration Committee to bilk expenses and benefit the Trump family. It doesn’t take an FBI agent with 30 years of experience to see that all that money pouring in, over $114 million for an inauguration committee, a number that vastly exceeded all previous inauguration funding, despite this being a smaller party. Rumors circulated that much of the money originated outside the United States, which operated as a big red light. Apparently that strobing right light proved too difficult to ignore, and the investigations started.

In the civil complaint, Attorney General Karl Racine charged the Trump inaugural committee and the Trump Organization with using around $1 million of charitable funds to improperly enrich the Trump family.

I suppose the Trumps believe they are a charity. They always seem to vacuum money meant to go to a good cause. To them, there is no “better cause” than newer clothes, vacations, furniture, etc.

An experienced event planner who was working for the inaugural, Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, raised concerns directly with Donald and Ivanka Trump that the Trump International Hotel in Washington was trying to overcharge the inaugural committee.

Rowsella"s orginal link:

Marley, Lilinoe, lenor and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

Today the Orange Fungus among us Impotus is tweeting to get the wall built to keep out Covid-19... and his minions/followers are howling "Yes,Yes,Yes!!!"  I was chewed out by a co-workers husband for "spreading rumors and lies about an illness that isn't even as serious as the flu" Mind you he is in his 60's, has had bypass surgery twice and is Type 2 Diabetic" yet I am a fear monger because I say not to panic but to use common sense and take the advice of the CDC for High Risk people.. as I am one. He intends to go on doing his usual life out and about. Yet here our cases went from 17 to 23  confirmed in ONE day! even as testing is having to be fought for to get done in our area!!! (criteria... have you been to China or confirmed contact with someone who tested positive) BTW - they are already shipping cases to the "containment/treatment camp set up at the state park here in Georgia...pt was diagnosed yesterday (works at Waffle House) and sent straight to the area. It is very confusing to so many people the BS.. it's not even as serious as the flu! Yet they can not understand that if it weren't more serious than the flu they wouldn't be setting all these places up to treat people? Heather Cox  Richardson again sums it up so succinctly

"It is past time to stop looking to the administration for true leadership. “It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away,” Trump’s admonishment today, was not worth much, and the insistence of the president and his supporters that the covid-19 is much like the flu (it is not) is hurting our ability to slow its spread."

As Trump and so many of his minions insist on still getting out in public regardless and taking no precautions... I expect to see a lot them contract the virus. Sadly... one can't help but ask oneself.. is this natural selection at work?

Marley, Lilinoe, lenor and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-n-owl)
Honorable Member Registered

@lynnventura and all light working friends-

yes agree. This is my strong feeling around all of the events happening. It’s here to expose the weakest areas everywhere (healthcare, money, how well we take care of the more vulnerable people in the world). I feel there will be pain, but sadly needed as huge change is required. Which all of us here agree and have been feeling for years.

Ides of March for sure- exposures revealed.

FEBbby23, CC21, Lilinoe and 25 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@herondreams

signed

Baba, FEBbby23, herondreams and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@allyn)

I just watched Trump make his address to the nation.  First, I will give him credit for at least acknowledging that there is an actual threat from the coronavirus.  He was not surrounded by his supporters who spout off support on how great Trump is, that Trump is better than sliced bread, etc.

But beyond that, Trump did terribly.  He focused too much on his travel bans and didn't give any real guidance on what resources would be provided to the sick or infected.  Further, his promises of financial aid felt hollow, much like his promises for a China trade deal or that Mexico will pay for the wall.

But there is something else that I picked up on.  For the last few days, he seems...sick.  His right eye seems to be half closed all the time (I picked up on that when he appeared before the public soon after his visit to the CDC).  I wondered if he may have had a miny stroke, but tonight he sounded raspy, like his throat was sore.

Now, what does this mean?  Hopefully, he is merely suffering from allergies (I myself suffer sore throats as a result from allergies all the time, and am currently dealing with a sore throat now.)  But could he be getting the flu or the coronavirus.  I sincerely hope not.  I have no love for Trump at all, and I look forward to the day that he is dragged kicking and screaming from the White House.  But I want it to be with him in an orange jumpsuit and in handcuffs, not on a gurney.

Am I looking too much into this?  Or did he appear ill to any of you as well?

FEBbby23, deetoo, TriciaCT and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@turtle26)
Noble Member Registered

@allyn he looked and sounded terrible. Very flat and yes - his voice sounded off. He's still so obviously in denial - a travel ban isn't going to work for something that is already spreading so rapidly here.......

FEBbby23, TriciaCT, Lilinoe and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)

Trump had to acknowledge it. Major corporations are suspending g all business travel domestic and intl, the NBA has 2 teams quarantined at the arena and suspended its season, the NCAA basketball tournament will be played in locked stadiums with no fans, and Tom.Hanks just came out publically and said he tested positive. He couldn't deny it anymore, even though some of his minions are still calling it a hoax on social media

FEBbby23, TriciaCT, Lilinoe and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

He made  no mention of a health care response. People still can’t get tests. His words were empty and he was lying about all the things that they were going to do to make it easier on workers. 

What is the plan for health care? There is not going to be enough hospital capacity and there is  virtually no testing in this country unless you're practically dying or you are a VIP.

China built a 1000 person hospital in Wuhan. I doubt there are any plans in the federal government for meeting the capacity that will be necessary to take care of all those Americans who are running around untested infecting everybody else.

They could take it over for example  cruise ships, clean them up and turn them into hospitals for people who are sick with the virus.  

What I saw back in 2014 and 2015 for this year and the following years was people walking away from the federal government and Turning their reliance towards state and local government. Now I can see even more of a reason why this will happen.  

FEBbby23, Marley, CC21 and 23 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)

@jeanne-mayell 

The reliance on state governments is already happening. Wash State and NY governors are acting like you would expect a president to act. Mayors too. The Fed Gov't, run by trump and enabled by his gop minions, has no credibility.

trump didn't look sick to me, he looked like a bored child being forced to eat his vegetables. 

FEBbby23, Lilinoe, CC21 and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@turtle26)
Noble Member Registered

Something isn’t right about this - follow the money - always.....he took actions to further tank the markets....

https://twitter.com/hc_richardson/status/1237939131566772225?s=21

Lilinoe, lenor, Lawrence and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

I seem to remember that in recent years that they have closed several army bases. Maybe they could use these for the sick.

Lilinoe and Lilinoe reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)
Illustrious Member Moderator

It is very suspicious that Trump signed agreements with Russia that the American people know nothing about that are suddenly being implemented in the middle of a crisis. Add to that the travel ban for Europe which excludes the UK and it sounds to me like this is one of the things that Putin wanted to cause chaos and trouble between the US and it’s allies. What I can’t understand is how the oil war that Russia started with Saudi Arabia which is meant to hurt US producers fits in with this. It sounds to me like the president is acting against the interests of his own people.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/europe-blindsided-by-trumps-travel-restrictions-with-many-seeing-political-motive/2020/03/12/42a279d0-6412-11ea-8a8e-5c5336b32760_story.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8093131/Treasury-secretary-Steve-Mnuchin-quietly-meets-RUSSIAS-ambassador-markets-plunge.html

Lilinoe, lenor, Michele and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

@jeanne-mayell

I've been thinking about your prediction concerning people turning away from the Federal Gov't for the last two weeks. 

Had a dream about T last night. He was asking a group of people including myself to play stupid games with him. Like a child trying to entertain himself. Completely devoid of reality. 

Lilinoe, CDeanne, Jeanne Mayell and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)

As I was doing my full moon meditation a few days ago, I had a strange vision. It was especially strange as I was sending light to all of those who are being affected by the virus and especially to the children being held by the government in facilities. I asked if there was anything that I needed to know and got the following:

Black decoration on the WH (black bows?) and Melania T dressed in a black A-line dress (it looked like lace of some kind) wearing a long black veil. She feels like she is fashion-channeling Jackie O. Time period: May? She is smiling which seems incongruous to the situation.

I have been hesitating to post this because I don’t know what it means. I don’t know if it means general mourning for those lost in the pandemic or something or someone more specific. I really don’t know. It was just a striking and strange thing to get while meditating. 

Michele, Scorpius, Lilinoe and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@baba

I agree ... reading Heather Cox Richardson this am: " Two days ago, I missed altogether something else that bears watching, and the fact that I missed it suggests it was barely covered—I’m generally all over the news. On March 9, 2020, the Russian Ambassador to the U.S. Anatoly Antonov met Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin and, according to the press release from the Russians, discussed “implementation of the arrangements reached by Russian President Vladimir Putin and U.S. President Donald Trump during the summits in Helsinki in 2018 and Osaka in 2019.” There was virtually no coverage of this meeting in the United States; the only record I found was a readout from the Treasury Department, saying just that the meeting had happened. The Helsinki meeting is the one where Trump and Putin met for two hours alone with only their interpreters in the room. The Osaka meeting came just after Putin declared western liberalism obsolete. "

Definitely a cause for concern. Also, Trump read off like a puppet the lines Jared Kushner wrote for him..again he was sniffing and having audible breathing noises and speech impediments and none of his usual bluster or hand waving.... he looked sedated to me. Putin's Puppet indeed. https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/03/jared-kushner-now-on-trumps-coronavirus-team-report.html

Trump has ALWAYS been about himself  and put his interests over those of anyone else.

There are currently 31 cases of Covid-19 all within a 12 county section of my state with over half of them clustered in a 4 county area... one of which is my county. Without firm leadership at the helm this is only going to get worse before it gets better.

Lilinoe, PenelopeFP, Marley and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)

I’m from the same state originally and have family that I have been trying to encourage to take this seriously with limited success. There is only so much you can do to counteract the deleterious effects of Fox News. 

FEBbby23, Lilinoe, JourneyWithMe2 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@lynnventura

I noticed that a in the past week as well. I was both amazed and delight. This is actually something we discussed here and predicted three years ago when we were also talking about the importance of self and community reliance with personal or community gardens. That it would be more about individuals and states and less about federal government  

The reliance on state governments is already happening. Wash State and NY governors are acting like you would expect a president to act. Mayors too. The Fed Gov't, run by trump and enabled by his gop minions, has no credibility.

Tiger-n-Owl, Lilinoe, PenelopeFP and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

Posted by: @baba

I’m from the same state originally and have family that I have been trying to encourage to take this seriously with limited success. There is only so much you can do to counteract the deleterious effects of Fox News. 

Indeed.  There are way too many who are so full of Kool-aid and the belief that Trump will take care of everything because he is the best thing since sliced bread and are still hung up on "it's a hoax" "it's not that serious Trump says so...the flu will get you before Covid-19 - stop panicking"  That's why there are so many cases here in a 4 county cluster. The other? "Oh ...we are young.. it won't even bother us more than a cold.... not thinking that they carry it home to grandparents and health compromised individuals like people fighting cancer and chronic conditions.

I actually discussed it with both my children...about 3 weeks ago... and told them of my intuitive thoughts on the subject before it even came to our shores...we all began preparing back then...so they and I are ready and have already been social distancing and self isolating as much as possible with herbal and nutritional remedies at hand. Work and home... that is it. The local Facebook page for my area has been full of Trumpers shouting "it's to make him look bad... it's nothing" now? They are snarling at each other like wolves and wringing hands and crying woe is me. *sigh*

Sadly.. I can not help but feel that Mother Earth has tired of us and our willful arrogance and ignorance and has begun to shrug us off. I know, from personal experience, you really can  lead a horse to water..but you can not make him drink. I can only pray that people hold on to kindness and love as we begin this scary ride before us.

Laynara, Tiger-n-Owl, BlueBelle and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@jeanne-mayell

Excellent idea to use cruise ships to create make-shift hospitals!

Laynara, BlueBelle, Lilinoe and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 150 / 166
Share: