(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Barr is quite the tool for T, isn't he?

BlueBelle, polarberry, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

I guess it was too good to be true that this case would play out fairly and bring justice to those we know are guilty, particularly the orange blight.

I hope they know they aren’t fooling anyone with this turnaround.  

As for late 2019 promising to be a descent into the dark, it seems it does not disappoint. 

BlueBelle, LalaBella, CDeanne and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

On a more comical note, did anyone see the this FOX news segment that kind of went south and backfired on the pro Trump network—FOX was covering the women’s World Cup win in a sports bar when the patrons starting chanting F**k Trump! and “Democrats in 2020!” and “get that racist out of the White House!” I’ve watched it five times.  I love the the mischievous glee on the patrons’  faces as they shouted at the fox cameras. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=717070325378333&id=341163402640457&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F&_rdr

numerologist, BlueBelle, polarberry and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

as someone just said on TV, there's no bottom for him and no bottom for the Republican party - the party of family values.  What a joke.

BlueBelle, polarberry, Coyote and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

Posted by: lynn

Barr "unrecused" from the Epstein investigation. I wonder if he'll make sure the investigation focuses on democrats who are implicated (like Clinton maybe) and let the republicans skate. You can't make this stuff up.

I feel that Barr is trying to delay the inevitable.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Jeanne is that why he was calling Fox News fake..it was suggested. It was the best thing to watch though hysterical it backfired on fox

ReplyQuote
(@rowsella)
Noble Member Registered

Re vision:  I am getting a Nope.

ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)
Illustrious Member Registered

Barr unrecused himself obviously to control the investigation. The question now is which of the following reasons is it(if not more than one)?

1. His daddy was deeply involved, more than he realized.

2. Trump specifically told him "protect me again"

3. He wants to fry Clinton to show Hillary was aware and justify the "lock her up" statement to appease the base.

4. There are multiple members of the GOP involved that need protection(Mcconnell and his wife maybe?)

5. Trump threatened his job if he took the same way out Sessions did with recusal.

Opinions?

Jeanne Mayell, LalaBella, polarberry and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

All of the above and more.  Barr is a traitor and a slimeball.

Jeanne Mayell, LalaBella, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)

Heres a moral question I have been toying with internally. It could very well become a reality for SDNY investigators. Id be curious your answers as well. 

Would you let Epstein completely walk(with supervision and strict guidelines to his movement to protect any future victims) if he would fully implicate Trump/Barr/etc on the sex trafficking, guaranteeing removal from office?

Is saving the country/world/universe and saving the children at the border from Trump and his cronies worth turning your back on the victims looking for a 2nd chance at justice?

TriciaCT, BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

I'm new here and having problems following the posts - you got a NO for what?

ReplyQuote
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

the DOJ told Barr he didn't have to recuse himself - after finding out that his father hired a 20-year-old school teacher with no degree. Really.

ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

Seems clear to me. Would you want Epstein to go free from all charges, if Epstein information could get Trump and others to go away.  Yes, you would want that, or no, Epstein needs to be punished.

TriciaCT, Jeanne Mayell, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

well, she said she had a vision and it was "nope" - Jeanne's post asked for an opinion. Did Roswella have a vision that it wouldn't happen that Epstein would take a deal, or did she think they wouldn't offer him one? Or is she predicting he won't get one? I was just interested. It's not a big deal.

ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

If I was Queen of the World, here's how I'd handle the ethical dilemma posed above:

1. Yes, I'd let Epstein NOT go to jail but only IF there is success rooting out all the corruption in all 3 branches of government and Twitler and everyone with him is gone - either dead or out of the country for good.

2. While I would dismiss any criminal suits (again, very conditionally), I would welcome the bringing of Civil suits by any and all accusers. They can still get some justice this way and they can get monetary damages. Let him be ruined financially. I would also place him under a gag order - no discussion by him of any of it outside court.

3. I'd still require him to be a registered sex offender with an ankle tracker, requirements for ongoing therapy, prohibition from working anywhere minors are present, and threats of jail if he violates any part of the agreement, and full supervision if he is in the presence of any female minors for any reason.

TriciaCT, Jeanne Mayell, deetoo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

"all of 'em, Katie"

Marley, polarberry, deetoo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

But seriously, what is it w this administration and kids?   Exactly how many "pizza joints" do they operate? This is getting to be ridiculous

LalaBella, TriciaCT, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

As a tropical fish enthusiast, I can state confidently that all bottom feeders have more soul, heart, intelligence and empathy than Twitler or anyone in his pathetic administration!

Jeanne Mayell, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: Unk p

But seriously, what is it w this administration and kids?

There are two different “kids” issues although there is a common theme of separateness, that one side -- the Republican leadership - does not embrace the notion that we are all one.

1. There is the abuse or neglect of kids at the border, which is a failure to protect children when authorities are trying to deter and punish their parents.  

In a civilized society, we believe that children are innocent and should be protected.  But this administration, and the Republican Party leadership in general, applies that rule mainly to their own children. 

It’s a philosophy of entitlement for them but not for others.  It is  a power and money grab for them away from others. They don’t mean to harm the children, but they aren’t going to devote much resources to protecting them.   The children of the masses are just collateral damage in their view, like in war.  

Finally it is a belief that we are not all one.  In their view, people are islands, separate and unattached.   I remember way back in the day that I used to discuss politics with Republican friends, a man saying to me judgmentally, “We can’t take care of everyone,” Jeanne.   

2. Then there's the issue of the sexual abuse of minor adolescents.

This is a male dominated power notion that men are in charge and they will take what they want because they can. Of course, only certain men feel this way. 

It is also power over the innocent who are too young to judge them and can’t talk back.  It speaks to the profound insecurity of a person who is attracted to controlling an innocent. 

But, regardless of the specific issue,  it all amounts to a notion that we are not all one.  

This philosophy contrasts to the moral teaching that runs through all philosophies (and religions)  that we should do unto others as we would do unto ourselves.  Why? Because the other is part of ourself, because we are not separate but all one.  

It applies to all of nature too. It amounts to a belief in the  interconnectedness of all beings. 

Lilinoe, BlueBelle, LalaBella and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Jeanne, I got goosebumps when I read your post.   I totally agree.  For the past two years, one of the things that's been happening for me is my increasing awareness of the connectedness to everything around me -- the people, the earth, the animals -- everything.   Living in a major metropolitan area, it's sometimes easy to numb out.  And yet, I'm feeling more.  So I feel more joy, and more pain, as I allow this connected awareness to permeate my being.   I'm also more in touch with my own darkness.  My heart is opening up.   So for as much as I am angry that I'm facing all of this darkness, both externally and internally,  in my senior years, I am joyful that my heart is broken, and is opening up.  It sometimes scares me, but I am so grateful for that.  

BlueBelle, CDeanne, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 15 / 166
Share: