Clear all

The Unraveling -- Donald Trump  

Page 149 / 166
  RSS

(@michele-b)
Registered
03/09/2020 4:48 pm  

“He’s Definitely Melting Down Over This": Vanity Fair Report--

Ever since the coronavirus exploded outside of China at the end of January, Donald Trump has treated the public health crisis as a media war that he could win with the right messaging.

But with cases now documented in 34 states and markets plunging, Republicans close to Trump fear his rosy assessments are fundamentally detached from reality in ways that will make the epidemic worse.

“He is trying to control the narrative and he can’t,” a former West Wing official told me.

The problem is that the crisis fits into his preexisting and deeply held worldview—that the media is always searching for a story to bring him down. Covid-19 is merely the latest instance, and he’s reacting in familiar ways.

“So much FAKE NEWS!” Trump tweeted this morning. “He wants Justice to open investigations of the media for market manipulation,” read more at link below:

Trump, Germaphobe in Chief, Struggles to Control the Covid-19 Story:
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/03/trump-germaphobe-in-chief-struggles-to-control-the-covid-19-story

Tiger-n-Owl, Jeanne Mayell, Lilinoe and 3 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@codyroo)
Registered
03/09/2020 4:56 pm  

@michele-b

Let's face facts, he and his croney's have been manipulating the stock market his entire tenure in office.  He hates that fact that a Virus is better at it than he is.  Likely, he got caught in the stock market and is losing his shirt as it drops (not to mention his whole re-election campaign is based on a bulging stock market.....best, most beautiful stock market in the world, better than Obama's....)

Jeanne Mayell, Lilinoe, Lenor and 6 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@raindrop)
Registered
03/09/2020 5:31 pm  

@jaidy

There is a guy who studies reincarnation who says the same. I was not swayed by his assertion, but it stuck with me, and I have thought about it a number of times. Since you received the same information from your guide I thought I'd mention it to you. https://www.reincarnationresearch.com/n

It's fun to look at the pictures of the two side by side, and I'm not discounting your guides' information, just saying I didn't completely resonate with it when I first came across it.

Tiger-n-Owl, Lilinoe, Lenor and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)
Registered

Tiger-n-Owl, Lilinoe, Lenor and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)
Registered
03/09/2020 6:16 pm  

I am seeing a lot of my facebook "friends" who were loyally pro-Trump completely freaking out about losing their 401ks today. The market dropping 2000 points today and 20% overall the last week has people losing their minds and jumping ship. This will be his downfall. From my view, even his most loyal sheep voters are turning on him for this one. 

Amyv, BlueBelle, FEBbby23 and 11 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@practicalnihilist)
Registered
03/09/2020 7:56 pm  
Posted by: @mas1581

who were loyally pro-Trump completely freaking out about losing their 401ks today

I saw a former friend post on twitter that the coronavirus is a hoax designed to destroy the economy and ruin trump.  Some people will never change.

Tiger-n-Owl, FEBbby23, Lilinoe and 3 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)
Registered
03/09/2020 7:59 pm  

@mas1581

Last month, for the first time in two years, #45 featured in one of my dreams. I saw him standing on a stage in front of a crowd (at a rally?). He was wearing a jacket and tie, but no pants. His diaper was fully exposed for everyone to see. He wasn't embarrassed. He was flaunting it, legs spread apart in a "I'm a big boy now" pose.

Tiger-n-Owl, BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Registered
03/09/2020 8:40 pm  

@coyote

Do you think that was symbolic or premonitory? Because if that's an image we're all going to be subjected to soon, I'm going to fully unplug and go live in my shed to avoid seeing it 😆 

Amyv, Tiger-n-Owl, Coyote and 12 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@allyn)
Registered
03/09/2020 10:17 pm  

@coyote

Is that really going to happen?  Or is it symbolic?

I am only asking because I want to avoid going blind in the future.  As it is, the mere image of Trump as you described him is enough to make me reach for the brain bleach. 😛

Tiger-n-Owl, Coyote, BlueBelle and 6 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)
Registered
03/10/2020 1:01 pm  

House of Representatives has been granted access to the redacted portions of Mueller's report!  Appeals panel sided with the DC district court judge.

Amyv, Marley, Tiger-n-Owl and 13 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)
Registered
03/10/2020 1:27 pm  

Baba, I can't get over the accuracy of your predictions on this.  The indictments of Twitler's kids are in the report.  Barr told him, and it's why he and the rethugs have refused to turn any of it over to Democrats.

Tiger-n-Owl, Lilinoe, Coyote and 14 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@jessi1978)
Registered
03/10/2020 2:35 pm  

@polarberry

Best News In a while 

Tiger-n-Owl, Lilinoe, Coyote and 5 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)
Registered
03/10/2020 2:56 pm  

@jessi1978

The media gives almost no coverage about the grand jury that is being/has been assembled. Grand jury=criminal charges and indictments.

The grand jury information in the report is what Barr and his cronies have worked desperately to keep under wraps.

Tiger-n-Owl, Lilinoe, Coyote and 8 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)
Registered
03/10/2020 5:15 pm  

@allyn

I laughed so hard at that. Oh my.

TriciaCT and Coyote liked
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
03/10/2020 5:43 pm  

The Stock Market Unraveling is not just from the Coronavirus and Donald Trump's lack of leadership,  which has undermined investors' confidence that the government can handle this crisis. (See Wall Street Plunges as Trump Fiddles in response to Coronavirus).

Trump is now showing his true colors to everyone --  that people in this community understood about him all along, but that investors and corporate moguls, often GOP, did not realize -- he's a failed business man and an incompetent leader. 

This market drop is also about another set of bungling that is happening at the same time, a perfect storm if you will.  We are now watching the lack of cooperation between two power moguls who Trump has admired  -- Putin and the Saudi Prince.  

These are two cruel and narcissistic leaders who started an oil production war with each other when they should have coordinated.  So they have inadvertently succeeded in convincing investors that oil prices are now dropping and the economy is weak, a sign of recession. This weekend, seeing the dropping oil prices, Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman said we are now in a recession

For years I've felt that the one thing that would bring down Trump and the GOP's grip on power would be a massive bone-breaking economic crash.  It would have to be, I thought, something that would cause people on both sides of the political spectrum to drop their 4 decade long love affair with businessmen as government leaders.  It would have to be something that would hurt so bad, that it will cause the majority of our collective to finally embrace leaders who serve the people, not the corporations. 

I think this may be it.

Amyv, Tiger-n-Owl, herondreams and 18 people liked
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynnventura)
Registered
03/10/2020 6:19 pm  

@jeanne-mayell -- I've thought about your prediction quite a bit the last few days. It is a downturn on every level: economic, sociological, domestic, foreign, unpredictable. It has the seeds to expose our system as inadequate to meet the needs of the people, and to expose trump as the sham president he is. I agree this may be it. There will be so much suffering, already is, so I hope something good comes of it.

Amyv, Tiger-n-Owl, Baba and 10 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@febbby23)
Registered
03/10/2020 7:17 pm  

@practicalnihilist I was at Costco this afternoon picking up coffee.  You can’t find toilet paper anywhere.  I live in New Jersey.   A woman in front of me said “everyone is losing their mind.  Not one doctor said this is real “.  I just said, yeah sure, ok.    It’s true.   People don’t want to know.   

Baba, Lilinoe, Laura F. and 7 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
03/10/2020 7:32 pm  

@febbby23 "Not one doctor says this is real"?   Well either she's making that up or she's putting faith in the wrong doctors. Doctors aren't trained in epidemiology unless they go for an extra degree in public health. However, a month ago (Feb 8) I attended a small gathering of friends mainly attended by physicians and people in the healthcare industry who worked at Harvard Medical School.  

When I asked them what they thought, mind you this was a month ago before the rush on toilet paper, before there were any cases in the U.S., they were very concerned, shaking their heads, wary, and quite certain we were looking at a serious global pandemic.  

When you say, people just don't want to know," I'm thinking, Donald Trump and Fox news doesn't want people to know. It is amazing that people can be continually misinformed by Trump and the Right Wing news machine and still don't see how they are being duped. 

FEBbby23, Baba, Lilinoe and 4 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)
Registered
03/10/2020 7:37 pm  

@jeanne-mayell

*sigh* and here I though Denial was a river in Egypt.  Y'all can track it here : https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Fearless leader's misdirection and calling it a Dem Hoax trying to ruin him and oh so much more as we know... has his Kool-aid drunk AlwaysTrumper's living in an alternate reality.

First case in Georgia was February 21st - currently 17 confirmed cases and people are having trouble getting tested...drs having to fight to get them tested. We went from 5 cases to 17 cases in a matter of days with new cases being announced daily: a teacher at a day care, an employee at a Waffle House etc... these people had wide contact... kind of like that old shampoo commercial " I told a friend who told her friends who told their friends..."

Baba, Lilinoe, Coyote and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)
Registered
03/10/2020 9:32 pm  

@sistermoon @allyn

The dream seemed to symbolize how off-the-rails the president's mental state is becoming. But when reality is stranger than fiction, who knows? I see him orchestrating a series of "comeback rallies" over the next few months. Perhaps he will completely lose it on stage at one of those.

Amyv, SisterMoon, Lilinoe and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
Page 149 / 166
Share: