Clear all

The Unraveling -- Donald Trump  

Page 141 / 166
  RSS

(@polarberry)
Registered
02/19/2020 1:13 pm  

@elaineg

He was one of my mom's favorites.  I haven't liked him since I was a teenager. The only movie with him in it that I can stand to watch is Moonstruck.

Diversity makes the world go 'round!

ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)
Registered
02/19/2020 1:40 pm  
Posted by: @polarberry

MAS, please.  No one wants to think about Trump's Brutus.

Ha! Y'all are on a roll today. Think I'll pass on Vampire Cage though.

@elaineg Respect. And I'll forever love him in Raising Arizona. But if you're going to manically SHOUT YOUR LINES in every role thereafter? I'll have what @polarberry's having—stake through the heart, please.  

@deetoo What's a word for when something is weirdly hilarious and also totally frightening at the same time? Fred Flintstone was way too working class for AG Barr, but a sluggish bloodhound with a savior complex? That's the one. 

@MAS1581 Regarding a new AG showing up on the stage in the role of T's Brutus (ahem, in a metaphorical sense), heck yeah! Bring it.

Also, I'm choosing to believe that you are the pajama jogger in @triciact's neighborhood. May you forever strike again. 

BlueBelle, seaturtle26, Lenor and 3 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)
Registered
02/19/2020 1:56 pm  

You haven't lived until you've watched him running down the street, manically shouting, "I'M A VAMPIRE!"

Ah, the '80's.  The era of TOTALLY AWESOME movies!

ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)
Registered
02/19/2020 2:07 pm  

Well ...like many actors... he has had his good roles... and.... his bad...and when he's good? He's really really good! ...and when he's bad? ...he's awful LOL

I loved him in City of Angels and It Could Happen to You. National Treasure was good. Raising Arizona was good.  Knowing.... was... interesting. Guarding Tess... was funny.

His other films? I can take or leave.

Meanwhile back at the ranch... The Orange Slime continues his firing and freeing spree....spinning ever faster out of control... these next few weeks are gonna be rough... practice self care...hell ...watch movies LOL but distance oneself and watch knowing that "this too shall pass"

FEBbby23, seaturtle26, Lenor and 3 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)
Registered
02/19/2020 2:43 pm  

Billy Barr is the estranged love child that happened when John Goodman and Elton John got a little freaky watching the Flintstones and Droopy one Saturday morning. 

FEBbby23, Lenor, Polarberry and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@jessi1978)
Registered
02/19/2020 2:55 pm  

Assange - Wiki Leaks - lawyer said that T would pardoned him if he said that the Russians did not hack DNC

His barrister, Edward Fitzgerald QC, told the court there was evidence alleging that former US Republican Congressman Dana Rohrabacher made the pardon offer.

Mr Fitzgerald said a statement from Assange's lawyer Jennifer Robinson shows "Mr Rohrabacher going to see Mr Assange and saying, on instructions from the president, he was offering a pardon or some other way out, if Mr Assange... said Russia had nothing to do with the DNC leaks."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-51566470

BlueBelle, deetoo, Polarberry and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)
Registered
02/19/2020 5:10 pm  

Yeah, Putipresident  "I love Wikileaks."  When T's crimes are discussed, Wikileaks is hardly ever mentioned anymore.  People are going to find out that they were a major player and will be part of his undoing.

TriciaCT, Baba, deetoo and 3 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Registered
02/19/2020 6:10 pm  

Him. All this talk makes me think we should all go out & get an Orange Julius on March 15 to celebrate!

Dracaena, JourneyWithMe2, TriciaCT and 6 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
02/19/2020 10:57 pm  

So now it looks like Barr will stay and the whole escapade shows what a poor little man is William Barr.  A whiny baby who ruins lives and is a stooge of the president, and a destroyer of the Constitution and the rule of law. 

I am more enthusiastic than ever about uniting with light workers and sending light and prayer and positive action to our world.

ghandigirl, Lawrence, TriciaCT and 10 people liked
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynnventura)
Registered
02/20/2020 8:21 am  

@jeanne-mayell It's all gaslighting with these people. Watch what they do, not what they say. 

ReplyQuote
(@blackandwhite)
Registered
02/20/2020 11:31 am  

I was thinking that T's brutus is more likely to be Moscow Mitch than a new AG.

ReplyQuote
(@jessi1978)
Registered
02/20/2020 1:57 pm  

Roger Stone was sentenced to 40 months and the judge commented on it. 

As for Judge Jackson, she spent a fair amount of time this morning reflecting on Stone's guilt, noting, among other things, "He was not prosecuted, as some have complained, for standing up for the president. He was prosecuted for covering up for the president."

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/judge-sentences-trump-advisor-roger-stone-40-months-prison-n1139941?cid=sm_fb_maddow

Lilinoe, TriciaCT, JourneyWithMe2 and 5 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Registered
02/20/2020 2:30 pm  

So Stone was sentenced about 1/2 the recommended time that the prosecutors were asking for.

Any bets on how long it takes the Orange Fuhrer to pardon him?    

ReplyQuote
(@codyroo)
Registered
02/20/2020 2:33 pm  

I'm frustrated (and angry), yet again.

So, the original recommendation was 7-9 years.  Then the corrupt administration complains and the justice department says the sentence should be "much less".  Then there are some meetings and the "new" lawyers say the original gov't memo and sentence recommendation was correct.

But, Stone only gets 3.3 years.  Which, by my math, is "much less" than 7-9 years.  And, I'm guessing, between time served and probation, this clown could be free in 18 months....this side of a commuted sentence.

It doesn't feel like Justice to me.  But, what do I know....other than how this feels, and it feels corrupt...again.

Lilinoe, Unk p, TriciaCT and 3 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
02/20/2020 3:13 pm  
Posted by: @codyroo

It doesn't feel like Justice to me.  But, what do I know....other than how this feels, and it feels corrupt...again.

@codyroo, your feelings are correct  that the light sentence is due to corruption. Good reporting is pointing out that what is going on is authoritarianism in the president.   It is authoritarianism and the behavior of a dictator. Trump is pardoning people to demonstrate the he and only he has the power to prosecute, to destroy, to punish, and to save. The people he has pardoned are guilty corrupt felons who he either identifies with (Blagojevich) or who have helped him in his own corruption (Stone) or demonstrate the kind of cruelty, racism, or corruption that he himself demonstrates (Judge Arpaio, the two soldiers who committed atrocities while on duty).

But also he has pardoned people who happen to have some relationship to him.

The first message Trump is sending is that he and only he, not the justice system, is the purveyor of punishment. The second message is that people should all suck up to him and his family or expect punishment. 

This is  totalitarianism.  This is what the Senate has done.  If we don't stop him with this election, I am not yet ready to think what that means for our democracy. We need to start praying, sending light, and working hard to overthrow this party and this monster. 

Unk p, BlueBelle, TriciaCT and 3 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)
Registered
02/20/2020 4:27 pm  

Not sure I agree completely.  I read that Judge Jackson has a reliable pattern of center sentencing.  Never thought she was going to give Stoner seven to nine.

SDNY can still come after him too. I have a feeling charges against Stone aren't finished. I will also be very surprised if Twitler pardons him.  Donnie's in a tough spot.  Leave Roger to rot, he might drip some really ugly dirt.  Pardon him, face the political blowback, and then Stone would have to testify when Donnie's arrested.

Absolutely no doubt that Twitler is a dictator and plans to turn US into a full-blown authoritarian state.  His supporters are either completely ok with that, because it's their cult leader, or are too stupid to see it.

Don't worry, though.  Collins and Murkowski are concerned.

Just thought of this-there are a couple of predictions that for a while after the Senate aquittal, it would appear as though the rethugs are winning, but it is all an illusion and the truth will be revealed.

raindrop, Lilinoe, Baba and 9 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)
Registered
02/20/2020 4:30 pm  

@deetoo

By 7 pm tonight ya think? Just in time for World News Tonight?

Lilinoe and TriciaCT liked
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Registered
02/20/2020 6:09 pm  

@journeywithme2, hmm ... hard to say.  In the past the T administration liked to do their news dumps on Friday evenings, especially if they thought it was something that might upset people.  But since T is now king, he gives a rats ass what people think.  I'd give him at least 24 hours, or maybe even through the weekend before he does it.  He loves the drama and cruelty of toying with people.

@polarberry, I tend to agree with you re Judge Jackson.  I never believed she would give him the full 7-9 yr. sentence, although 3+ yrs seems ridiculously short.  But I don't know what would be considered legally reasonable.  Maybe one of the legal eagles in our community could weigh in?

The thing that upsets me the most is that there are 2.3 million prisoners currently incarcerated in this country.  Some of these prisoners are serving inordinately long and unjust sentences for non-violent crimes (e.g. drug possession), some are mentally ill, some are children, some were never given fair trials.  Plus there have been people -- some teenagers -- held for years at Rikers, awaiting trial.  Some of these prisons almost function as torture chambers.  Power, money, status, race, connection ... that can often make the difference in whether you serve any prison time.   

Regarding the independence of SDNY: I've heard that BillyB might be messing with them as well.  As of January, all Ukraine-related investigations are being consolidated in such a way that even investigations already in progress, like those the SDNY is reportedly conducting of Rudy Giuliani, now have to be processed through Main Justice, as well as through Richard Donoghue, the DA of the Eastern Dist. of NY (Brooklyn).  Why do the SDNY prosecutors have to go through a prosecutor from another district?  Up until now, SDNY has been vigorously investigating Giuliani's connections to Ukraine.  Sounds fishy to me.  Rachel Maddow talked about it on Tuesday night's show.  I'm attaching the link here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si4GW82jhEg

fmabon, raindrop, JourneyWithMe2 and 5 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)
Registered
02/20/2020 6:33 pm  

There's no doubt BillyBill is trying to meddle and interfere, and he has undoubtedly thrown a monkey wrench or shut down investigations completely, like Mueller's.  I continue to believe Twitler and his kids, and many others in his orbit are already indicted.

Then there's NY AG Letitia James.  She's gunning for him.  SDNY let it be know, through a tweet last week, that the investigation into Ghouliani (childish, I know, but it fits) is in full swing.

Stone should have been given thirty years, not three.

JourneyWithMe2, Lilinoe, BlueBelle and 4 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@jessi1978)
Registered
02/20/2020 8:04 pm  

@polarberry

unfortunately those sentences are currently being given out to minorities and poor people or women who killed there abuser. It’s a harsh reality that we are living in.

ReplyQuote
Page 141 / 166
Share: