Clear all

The Unraveling -- Donald Trump

3,304 Posts
118 Users
40032 Likes
287.1 K Views
(@shawn)
Noble Member Registered

@jeannemayell do you see the Democrats impeaching him? ?

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

News just out that Barr told people close to Trump both inside and outside of the WH that he is considering resigning and blaming it on Trump's tweets. https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-raises-possibility-of-suing-those-involved-in-prosecuting-roger-stone/2020/02/18/238279fc-5250-11ea-9e47-59804be1dcfb_story.html

Of course, Trump'a tweets did not cause Barr to do Trump's bidding. The tweets just gave it away that Barr was doing Trump's bidding. 

raindrop, JourneyWithMe2, TriciaCT and 23 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)
Illustrious Member Registered

When Barr was AG under George HW Bush, he orchestrated that pardon of many of the Iran-Contra co-conspirators, but he did if after Bush had lost the election. The pardons occurred before Clinton was inaugurated. Then Barr left the DOJ and while he did get blow-back for his role, it died down and he went on to continue his career. He was also much younger then. Times are different now, with cable and social media. And he's not 40-something anymore.

The right wing believes they have within reach complete control of everything, and can't believe their luck. But to complete their takeover, EVERYONE needs to hang tough and stick to the script. Can Barr do that? I think so, but I hope not. 

deetoo, JourneyWithMe2, TriciaCT and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

@jeanne-mayell

Tug of war of energies, no doubt.

I see Barr waking up a lot at night (not unlike Lindsey), getting up and down from bed. He's wearing a dark blue monogrammed robe with white piping. Maybe his bladder is irritating him (oh, or his prostate!). 

I'm also seeing Barr conferring with an elderly priest. The priest feels important, so maybe he's a bishop or possibly a cardinal? (He's just wearing an ordinary black suit in my vision.) The priest is a good bit taller than Barr and thinner, with short white hair—not much of it left. He seems to have a lot of personal dynamism. They're meeting in some kind of small office or ante chamber, so not a confessional booth, unfortunately. But it does feel private, almost like counseling or some kind of advisement. I see the priest crossing his legs and calmly clasping the fingers of both hands together over his knees when Barr enters. Barr's energy feels almost like a boy's in this setting, but he's the same man we see today.

To the question of whether he'll continue on as AG, resign, or find himself disbarred or impeached, etc., when I ask that question, I only see one thing:

It looks like a long narrow underground corridor. It has plain white tile flooring and acoustical tile ceilings, so wherever this is, it's bureaucratic and decidedly unfancy. The hallway stretches a long way into the distance, farther underground. (Feels like what I imagine the sub-basement of the Harry S. Truman Building or even the Pentagon might be like—something out of a movie with a serial killer or worse, Nicolas Cage.)

At first I see Barr standing in the middle of this corridor close to the front, where it's more brightly lit (representing center stage?). Then, very quickly, he turns around and walks away down that eternal hallway. His head is completely bowed as he walks, similar to the way I see him shuffling in his house in the middle of the night. I get the impression he doesn't want to be seen anymore. 

My interpretation of this is that he'll eventually go voluntarily. But I don't think he actually cares, not on a personal level, what people think—or the media has to say—about his actions, unless that attention has the power to hinder his choices, which he knows it can. He believes absolutely that he's on the side of right, and he's ruthless to defend that ideology. So, the only reason I think that he would choose to leave is if doing so would either protect his own long term power or somehow shield the power behind him. 

Marley, lenor, polarberry and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

(@vestralux) Your post had me laughing out loud and that's a relief to laugh about this. I see Fred Flintstone (thanks to @JourneyWithMe2) in a navy monogrammed robe getting up to pee at night. You see things in a frankly warped dream scape with uncanny detail that just makes me start laughing. 

Fred pacing back and forth, trying to come up with a believable reason to get the hell out of this mess: I need to resign because Trump keeps tweeting and exposing the dirty deeds I do for him. He won't let me do my henchman, fixer job masquerading as Attorney General. Why can't he be more like Bush senior?

deetoo, polarberry, FEBbby23 and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

@jeanne-mayell

Sister, if we haven't all found ourselves in the uncanny valley of somebody's warped dreamscape right about now, then I don't even know what! Ha

I get the Fred Flintstone comparison, but I also see that cartoon hound dog, Droopy. Only if Droopy had been a radical ideological mega-villain on the down low. 

After I submitted that last post I was thinking about the prostate hit. Barr shuffling off down a long white-tiled basement corridor could represent a hospital stay. Thoughts?

P.S. When I first picked up "prostate" I didn't know if that would affect the bladder. Sure enough, frequent urination is a symptom. Another one can be "painful ejaculation." Now, I don't wish to make light of men's health (truly)—and to all men here, I'm grateful for you (and remember to get your prostates checked). But c'mon. We're talking about The Breaker of Democracy here. Does he have any other kind? 

Anita, deetoo, polarberry and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

I woke up on Monday morning of this week hearing Mr. yabba dabba doo (Barr) would resign. (made me very happy). I just get a strong feeling that once that happens ? that the Orange nightmare would start to be on his downward slide that finally removes him in the Spring/Summer.

I heard The Orange One say he is the head of the police Nationally, I practically laughed myself silly. He is losing it even more. I think something really bad will come out soon and I think Nancy Pelosi already knows what it is but is not yet able to prove whatever it is.

Lawrence, seaturtle26, polarberry and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@triciact

"From your lips to God's ear"

Baba, polarberry, TriciaCT and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)

I just thought if Barr resigns, or a new AG is picked on the 15th(Ides of March), that matches with the predictions because the new AG could be Trump's Brutus

VestraLux, seaturtle26, Baba and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

MAS, please.  No one wants to think about Trump's Brutus.

lenor, VestraLux, Baba and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@frank)
Famed Member Registered

Posted by: @vestralux

...(Feels like what I imagine the sub-basement of the Harry S. Truman Building or even the Pentagon might be like—something out of a movie with a serial killer or worse, Nicolas Cage.)...

? ? ? ? ? ? 

Kateinpdx, lenor, VestraLux and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

LMAO, if you think he's annoying as a human, try watching him in Vampire's Kiss.  That movie makes you want to drive a stake through your own heart.

lenor, VestraLux, lenor and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Posted by @vestralux:

I get the Fred Flintstone comparison, but I also see that cartoon hound dog, Droopy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMrHd17OeUk

VestraLux and VestraLux reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

@polarberry

I'm sorry, but I like Nicholas Cage. True, he does make some sorry movies, but when the movie is good so is he.

JackofHearts, deetoo, polarberry and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

@elaineg

He was one of my mom's favorites.  I haven't liked him since I was a teenager. The only movie with him in it that I can stand to watch is Moonstruck.

Diversity makes the world go 'round!

lenor, deetoo, VestraLux and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

Posted by: @polarberry

MAS, please.  No one wants to think about Trump's Brutus.

Ha! Y'all are on a roll today. Think I'll pass on Vampire Cage though.

@elaineg Respect. And I'll forever love him in Raising Arizona. But if you're going to manically SHOUT YOUR LINES in every role thereafter? I'll have what @polarberry's having—stake through the heart, please.  

@deetoo What's a word for when something is weirdly hilarious and also totally frightening at the same time? Fred Flintstone was way too working class for AG Barr, but a sluggish bloodhound with a savior complex? That's the one. 

@MAS1581 Regarding a new AG showing up on the stage in the role of T's Brutus (ahem, in a metaphorical sense), heck yeah! Bring it.

Also, I'm choosing to believe that you are the pajama jogger in @triciact's neighborhood. May you forever strike again. 

BlueBelle, seaturtle26, lenor and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

You haven't lived until you've watched him running down the street, manically shouting, "I'M A VAMPIRE!"

Ah, the '80's.  The era of TOTALLY AWESOME movies!

ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

Well ...like many actors... he has had his good roles... and.... his bad...and when he's good? He's really really good! ...and when he's bad? ...he's awful LOL

I loved him in City of Angels and It Could Happen to You. National Treasure was good. Raising Arizona was good.  Knowing.... was... interesting. Guarding Tess... was funny.

His other films? I can take or leave.

Meanwhile back at the ranch... The Orange Slime continues his firing and freeing spree....spinning ever faster out of control... these next few weeks are gonna be rough... practice self care...hell ...watch movies LOL but distance oneself and watch knowing that "this too shall pass"

FEBbby23, seaturtle26, lenor and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)

Billy Barr is the estranged love child that happened when John Goodman and Elton John got a little freaky watching the Flintstones and Droopy one Saturday morning. 

FEBbby23, lenor, polarberry and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Assange - Wiki Leaks - lawyer said that T would pardoned him if he said that the Russians did not hack DNC

His barrister, Edward Fitzgerald QC, told the court there was evidence alleging that former US Republican Congressman Dana Rohrabacher made the pardon offer.

Mr Fitzgerald said a statement from Assange's lawyer Jennifer Robinson shows "Mr Rohrabacher going to see Mr Assange and saying, on instructions from the president, he was offering a pardon or some other way out, if Mr Assange... said Russia had nothing to do with the DNC leaks."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-51566470

BlueBelle, deetoo, polarberry and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 140 / 166
Share: