Clear all

[Closed] The Unraveling -- Donald Trump  

Page 120 / 166
  RSS

(@vestralux)
Honorable Member
01/10/2020 2:20 am  

@laura-f

I just had yet another climate dream about a tremendous tidal wave/tsunami, so I'm reading these lyrics through that lens and I'll admit it's unnerving. 

(In the dream, I keep frantically warning everyone that the water is coming, that it will happen right after a plane goes down or something falls from the sky/space near the beach, but no one will listen to me. Cassandra effect. Then suddenly, whatever it is "hits" and we all see the water rushing toward us. It appears to be many stories high with all kinds of flotsam and drowned animals on the surface. Since there's no way to outrun it, I sit down with my back to the incoming wave and embrace my daughter. I'm stroking her hair and softly telling her it's okay, this is just how we're going to die... And wake up.)

Cheery!

TriciaCT, Baba, Laura F. and 1 people liked
(@jessi1978)
Honorable Member
01/10/2020 10:55 am  

New story coming out:

President Donald Trump has lost a bid to block an advice columnist’s lawsuit over his remarks that she lied in accusing him of rape.

“We look forward to moving ahead in this case and proving that Donald Trump lied when he told the world that he did not rape our client and had not even met her,” Kaplan said in a statement.

Carroll alleges in the suit that Trump smeared her and harmed her career. Many readers of her longtime Elle magazine column stopped writing to her for advice, according to the suit. It seeks unspecified damages and a retraction of Trump’s statements.

Carroll accused Trump last summer of raping her in a Manhattan luxury department store dressing room in the mid-1990s.

In a New York magazine piece and a subsequent book, Carroll said the two ran into each other, bantered and went to the lingerie department for Trump to pick out a gift for an unidentified woman. Then, she said, Trump grabbed her arm, maneuvered her into a fitting room and assaulted her.

Trump said in June that Carroll was “totally lying,” calling the accusation “fake news.” He said they had never met, though a 1987 photo shows them and their then-spouses at a social event. Trump dismissed the picture, saying he was just “standing with my coat on in a line.”

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/judge-denies-trump-effort-to-stop-columnist-defamation-suit

Jeanne Mayell, Lilinoe, Lenor and 6 people liked
(@rowsella)
Estimable Member
01/10/2020 5:41 pm  

I love all the songs! I still get an "Ides of March" /Julius Ceasar flash.

Locally there is something of a parallel situation happening but more in a "Parks & Rec" situation. Imagine if you will if instead of becoming president first, Trump was elected mayor of a municipality. We have a Trump-like persona currently as Mayor of Solvay - a village adjacent to our city. Kind of how the "Killah from Wasilla" Palin was catapulted to a statewide position and then a VP nomination... but nobody really was aware of the day to day of her actions and behavior as Wasilla mayor. But at least she had a public service record to run on! 

Anyhow, I have pretty much been unable to look away from the train wreck happening in Solvay and I really hope someone makes a tv series or movie about it because it makes things funnier/less scarier than what is happening in DC. Kind of like Letterkenny meets Veep.
The articles are almost comedy gold if you don't live there... here is a link to the most recent https://www.syracuse.com/news/2020/01/what-now-in-solvay-two-trashed-houses-a-200-pound-pet-pig-a-firing-charges-of-cronyism.html
Please check out the links for other articles that are referred to in this one--it just gets loopier.
People who are Trump fans voted for this guy and defend him LOL. 

I find it gives me some comic relief vs the horror of every news piece that comes from the WH. I expect Solvay voters will relieve this mayor of office in their next election.

I have been avoiding Trump news of late. Spirit basically told me not to waste my energy in this latest wag the dog situation.

Jeanne Mayell, Tiger-n-Owl, Coyote and 4 people liked
 Baba
(@baba)
Reputable Member
01/11/2020 3:03 am  

So, I did my Wolf Full Moon Eclipse meditation last night while burning a white candle. I thought of all of you and did my best to ask for help from above for shifting the situation and shining a light on the truth coming out. The following are the notes that I made afterwards of what I perceived during the meditation: 

I saw Oompah Loompahs carrying Trump out of Emerald City. He was laying down. They had Melania by the hand and walked her out behind him. Then they began carrying out the rest of his administration similarly - the worst behaved laying down like T. and the others by the hand being guided out of the city beyond the gates.

I asked what I needed to see about what is to come and I saw a group Republican senators pointing at Mitch M.  and shouting. They are blaming him for their current situation.

Next I saw Nancy P. with a gavel in one hand and one hand raised. Then the scene jumps to her in the White House pointing to those who have done evil in the name of this administration and motioning for them to get out.

Jeanne Mayell, Tiger-n-Owl, deetoo and 15 people liked
(@triciact)
Prominent Member
01/11/2020 8:52 am  

@baba

I did my wolf moon eclipse meditation as well. I let the candle burn out and during the time I meditated I pictured white light coming down from the Universe/God and bathing and striking light onto our whole planet and then focusing white beams onto our government. I saw Trump and GOPers and as the white light washed over them they were naked. I then pictured their supporters turning their backs after seeing them naked.  I then pictured the white light over all of them while their supporters looked in stunned awe at their nakedness. I also made sure that everyone had the white light all over them. The entire planet was struck with the light. I pictured the darkness coming up and out of the land and God struck it with light when it rose up into space.

I heard Nancy now wants to send the articles of impeachment over in the next few weeks....

Jeanne Mayell, Tiger-n-Owl, deetoo and 9 people liked
(@herondreams)
Estimable Member
01/13/2020 7:30 am  

News & "Ides of March" predictions timing:

This is from Heather Cox Richardson, a presidential historian at Boston College. I highly recommend following her daily posts for clear-headed information and historical context. 

From January 12:

Here’s what’s happening on that front. In the short term, Rudy Giuliani’s associate Lev Parnas, who spread around Russian money to GOP leaders, including House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, has offered the contents of his cell phone to the House Intelligence Committee. We do not yet know what is on that cell phone, but if he is offering it up in hopes of cutting a cooperation deal, it should be something significant. There are rumors out there—still rumors—that what is on his phone is a game changer and that it involves Trump. We’ll see.

Farther out is that the Supreme Court in March will review whether or not the president actually enjoys immunity from any sort of subpoenas at all. On the table are subpoenas for Trump’s financial affairs—investigators are looking at money laundering—and subpoenas for testimony by key witnesses. Precedent says the Supreme Court should decide against Trump, but we do not know what this court will do. Still, the pressure of that should worry Trump… and McConnell. It is my educated guess that the release of Trump’s financial records to investigators (it is not yet clear they will be made public) will be so devastating that he might well resign. If Senators have signed on to acquit Trump, and he becomes as overbearingly triumphant as he will upon acquittal, only to have it come out that he has committed obvious financial crimes, Republicans can expect to lose the Senate.

And that takes us only to March. There are eight more months between March and the election.

https://www.facebook.com/heathercoxrichardson/posts/2137138893096832?__tn__=K-R

FEBbby23, Laura F., Unk p and 10 people liked
(@herondreams)
Estimable Member
01/13/2020 9:01 am  

Friends, after I sent that last post I was thinking about the songs shared here, and here's one that popped into my mind in response to this whole conversation:

One morning I woke up and I knew
You were really gone
A new day, a new way, I knew
I should see it along
Go your way, I'll go mine
And carry on

The sky is clearing and the night
Has gone out
The sun, he come, the world
Is all full of love
Rejoice, rejoice, we have no choice
But to carry on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP0VBB7BO64

Love to you all!

KB, FEBbby23, Laura F. and 9 people liked
(@deetoo)
Noble Member
01/13/2020 9:15 am  

@herondreams,

YES!  Always loved that song.  Thanks for sharing.  And to carry on ...

The fortunes of fables are able to sing a song,
Now witness the quickness with which we get along
To sing the blues, you've got to live the dues
And carry on.

Carry on, love is coming,
Love is coming to us all.

KB, Laura F., ghandigirl and 6 people liked
(@jessi1978)
Honorable Member
01/13/2020 6:31 pm  

Interesting I hope this means more trouble for T and G.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/13/politics/lev-parnas-house-documents/index.html?ofs=fbia

Jeanne Mayell, Paul W, FEBbby23 and 5 people liked
(@suspira44)
Reputable Member
01/14/2020 3:16 pm  

question: anyone getting anything on this impeachment "trial" - seems like it's about to start this week.

(@jessi1978)
Honorable Member
01/14/2020 4:24 pm  

@suspira44

I don’t know so hard to say but on a better note turtle does not appear to have enough votes to change the rules...so who knows. Also, they don’t even have enough votes to stop calling witnesses. 

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/mcconnell-lacks-the-votes-trumps-preferred-impeachment-plan?cid=sm_fb_maddow

Lenor, deetoo, Lilinoe and 2 people liked
(@jessi1978)
Honorable Member
01/14/2020 7:10 pm  

House democrats release documents from indicted Guiliani associate. It’s getting interesting. 🧐 

House Democrats released documents from Lev Parnas, the indicted businessman who helped Rudy Giuliani in his campaign to pressure Ukraine.

One handwritten note reads: "Get Zalensky to announce that the Biden case will be investigated."

Lenor, deetoo, KB and 6 people liked
 Baba
(@baba)
Reputable Member
01/15/2020 3:59 pm  

Does anyone else get the feeling that the timeline is speeding up again? Between the Lev Parnas information mentioned by @Jesse1978 above and all of the fallout from that and the articles of impeachment being formally handed over, to the State Department conspicuously cancelling briefings and, as a cherry on top, I heard that Mr. Parnas is going on Rachel Maddow’s show tonight for an interview. Please keep the light and good energy flowing! 

Lilinoe, Lenor, Laura F. and 8 people liked
(@five81993)
Eminent Member
01/15/2020 4:52 pm  

Did anyone see ‘America’s Great Divide from Obama to Trump’ on PBS the last 2 nights? I highly recommend it. Here’s a quick summary from PBS Frontline:

Part One traces how Barack Obama’s promise of unity collapsed as increasing racial, cultural and political divisions laid the groundwork for the rise of Donald Trump. Part Two examines how Trump’s campaign exploited the country’s divisions, how his presidency has unleashed anger on both sides of the divide, and what America’s polarization could mean for the country’s future.

Baba, TriciaCT, Lenor and 4 people liked
(@vestralux)
Honorable Member
01/15/2020 5:01 pm  
Posted by: @baba

Does anyone else get the feeling that the timeline is speeding up again?

...I heard that Mr. Parnas is going on Rachel Maddow’s show tonight for an interview. Please keep the light and good energy flowing! 

@baba, Yes! Uranus stationed direct on the 10th, the same say as a potent penumbral full moon lunar eclipse—and just 2 days before the Saturn-Pluto-Chariklo-Sun-Mercury-Ceres power conjunction in Capricorn. Whenever Uranus starts moving full-steam ahead, we feel a quickening of events. But I believe this effect is all the more intense in our current timeline constellation, which is all about disruption and change (Uranus' forte) and transformation (Pluto's wheelhouse).

Also, both of these massive energetic events have been striking IMPOTUS' natal chart and will continue to impact him hard for the next six months at least. During that time, we shouldn't be surprised by anything that emerges in the collective.

Personally, I've been noticing a strange sensation around timing lately. Each time I stop and think about some major news event (political or planetary) that's unfolding, it feels internally as though the news broke much longer ago than it actually did. So, something might have only occurred 2 days ago, but it feels like a month has passed! Anyone else?

Finally, thank you for letting us know about Maddow! I'll be sending supportive light.

Lilinoe, Baba, TriciaCT and 9 people liked
(@polarberry)
Reputable Member
01/15/2020 5:08 pm  

Do those here who have seen & predicted Twitler's tax returns being revealed still feel they will be?  It is being reported that  judge Trevor N. McFadden (appointed by Twitler, of course!) has halted the release of the returns, citing some bs excuse about Don McGahn.  Apparently this fair and impartial judge (*cough*) donated to Twitler's campaign.

Lilinoe, Baba, TriciaCT and 4 people liked
(@vestralux)
Honorable Member
01/15/2020 5:21 pm  
Posted by: @polarberry

Do those here who have seen & predicted Twitler's tax returns being revealed still feel they will be?  

Absolutely. 

In fact, I feel they may actually have been accessed or shared back in November. And I think whoever has them has been holding tight, not wanting to leak them until the legal route has been finalized. In the courts, I imagine there will be an appeal—and who knows how long that may take. It's possible whoever has them may get impatient and hit the trigger on release, but I sense they're holding off.

It's possible they were leaked to a journalist, and his or her editor is holding back the reigns until more unfolds in the courts.

As I'm writing this, I just remembered that in the fall, I got a hit that Anonymous was going to get back in the saddle and stage an action. I have no idea if this is related (maybe not at all), but I figured I should mention it since it came to mind. 

Lilinoe, Baba, TriciaCT and 7 people liked
(@suspira44)
Reputable Member
01/15/2020 5:45 pm  

I thought the Supreme Court was deciding the tax situation.

(@journeywithme2)
Reputable Member
01/15/2020 6:35 pm  

Not the taxes being fought over.. but from previous 1980's and 90's  : https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/trumps-taxes-revealed-62899667                and just a thought: leopards rarely change spots.

Baba, TriciaCT, Lenor and 2 people liked
(@bluebelle)
Honorable Member
01/15/2020 7:00 pm  

@vestralux

I still feel that those taxes are coming out and they may come out from any number of sources, through a Supreme Court ruling, through action by the SDNY or through a leak.  I feel completely overwhelmed by the news this week.  It feels like the last three days have been three months long.  

Regarding Putin’s power play, I don’t think his strategy is going to work out the way he expects.   He does have enemies after all and there’s something else brewing with his health.  Just a gut feeling I’ve had for awhile and that feeling came back when I saw him in the news video yesterday.

Baba, TriciaCT, Lenor and 5 people liked
Page 120 / 166
Share: