3,304 Posts
118 Users
40032 Likes
287.2 K Views
 Baba
(@baba)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Posted by: @mas1581

Im really curious to see how the GOP attacks the court testimony that Ilhan Omar is a Qatari asset. So far theyve left it alone because the same person who testified that she was, also said they have assets in both parties including Jared Kushner. 

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Second, @mas1581, can you tell us your source for this information? 

lenor and lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)
Illustrious Member Registered

PamP and PamP reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)

Thanks @MAS1581

I will have a look at that. After the last several years, I have become more careful about news and information sources and like to know, as far as possible, where information originated. I wonder if it will show up in the US press and what everyone will make of it. 

lenor and lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)

@baba

Im not so sure that it will aside from maybe a local Florida paper. Whether the testimony, or story, is true or not, i do not know, but it is something both sides are probably scared of, since they are both given big blows in. If it is true, Omar and Kushner being implicated will scare off any partisan press because to condemn one side they have to condemn the other as well.

TriciaCT, Baba, lenor and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yogagirl)
Famed Member Registered

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  I am going to spend my day eating, drinking and having fun with my friends.  I am thankful for this community we have where we are free to express our thoughts without being judged.

BlueBelle, TriciaCT, Unk p and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rowsella)
Noble Member Registered

At least 5 times I keep getting pinged whenever I see or read about Giuliani, Mulvaney, Pompeo, in relation to Trump "they will all go down together" that song by Billy Joel which is actually about something very different. That one line and spirit tells me it is meant in the literal sense... they will all go down together. This fits with the nature of Trump.

Also pinging... watched "The Irishman" on Netflix, a very long mob movie directed by Martin Scorsese. It's about the events leading up to and after the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa; also the politics with the Kennedys'. One thing is interesting, the appointment of Robert Kennedy as his brother's Attorney General, that it was controversial and I can only imagine what we would say if Trump did the same thing. Also, Hoffa continually calling him "Boobie Kennedy" reminded me so much of Trump and even of politics today because many people call him "Drumpf" etc. Although, in my mind, while we are all guilty of name-calling" the behavior of the person in office of the President is truly held to a higher standard.

Now, it is all fiction. This is not a "true story" however, it is a reflection of the corruption of that time which also mirrors the corruption of our time. The indication is that government and big business took over the role of organized crime (they basically jailed/chased out the Mob and demonized and outlawed much of Big Labor... in effect winning the turf war and honestly, if I know one thing, Hoffa would have never allowed the conditions that Bezos runs in his warehouses to exist--not even close). It is really a story of double-crossing, arrogance, greed, ego and ruthlessness. Hoffa "disappeared" after making a lot of accusations and pointing fingers and basically behaving in an unhinged manner. Most everyone involved, even peripherally went to prison--even on diminished charges and/or were killed.

It was kind of a reminder of the real consequences. Then I read this article in Vanity Fair about the Nixon impeachment and aftermath. https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/11/trumps-toadies-should-take-note-watergate-says-everyone-goes-down

I really feel that all the Democratic candidates need to do is stay out of their own way. Perhaps as the field narrows, the message will be more cogent, focused and clear.

Lawrence, TriciaCT, Baba and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

it was controversial that JFK chose his brother, and as a result, the Post Act was passed in 1967 forbidding it. That's why we have no relatives of Trump working in the White House now. HA HA

KB, Jeanne Mayell, Baba and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

O'Malley slams acting DHS deputy: ‘You cage children for a fascist president’

Former Maryland governor and 2016 Democratic presidential candidate forced Ken Cuccinelli to leave Capitol Hill bar

Donald Trump’s acting deputy secretary of homeland security was called “the son of immigrant grandparents who cages children for a fascist president” on Wednesday night, by a man who forced him to leave a Capitol Hill bar on Thanksgiving eve.

That man was Martin O’Malley, former Baltimore mayor, governor of Maryland and candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2016.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EKblvU9WoAIio_4.jpg

It was the latest in a string of incidents in which angry opponents of Trump have confronted members of his administration in public.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EKblvU-WkAAi9Pu.jpg

and, yo!, Donnie, this image was *not* photoshopped

-from The Guardian, today

TriciaCT, Lilinoe, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

reminded me so much of Trump and even of politics today because many people call him "Drumpf" etc. 

There are many nicknames given to him. However this one isn't a nickname, it's his original family name until the 30 years war back in the 1600s-according to a biographer who wrote a book about the family back in 2000. They were wine makers in the day from Kallstadt-at the time part of Bavaria (now Germany). There is dispute about whether it is accurate, as records have not been found to substantiate the claim. There are other versions of the name from the past that are also possible as the family name before it was Anglicized. What is not in dispute is that when grandfather Fred came to the US at the age of 16 (signed the registers as Trumpf) in 1885,  he had not served his mandatory Bavarian military service, thus making it an illegal immigration. He worked as a barber in NY for 6 years, then moved to Seattle where he owned and operated a restaurant serving liquor and a convenient brothel upstairs for years. He moved around in the northwest, following the gold rush and miners, so that he had a steady line of customers for his restaurant/boarding houses/brothels. In some cases he got the land thru shady deals. When the law started finally showed signs of cracking down on such illicit trades, Fred sold his shares of the business to his partner, and returned to Germany. He was well to do by then. He married, and he and his wife set off for NY, again opening a boarding house, and starting to dabble in the hotel field. So it is family tradition to disregard the law, or think they're above it. Fred C. (45's father)  was no different, tho most of his illegal dealings were in real estate. Fred C. was arrested in NY during a KKK march, and suffered many investigations for profiteering.  

LalaBella, lenor, TriciaCT and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 PamP
(@pamp)
Famed Member Registered

@deetoo

I stopped trusting polls years ago when I had a couple of statistics classes in college and we learned how they actually work. I don't know who said "Live by the polls, die by the polls" but they were right. 

LalaBella, Yofisofi, deetoo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)

I just read that the Trump campaign is now denying that the "Rocky" twitter post was doctored( . https://www-newsweek-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-campaign-disputes-picture-president-rocky-doctored-1474789?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&amp=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D#aoh=15751341980463&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.newsweek.com%2Fdonald-trump-campaign-disputes-picture-president-rocky-doctored-1474789 )

Is this a joke or do they really want us to believe that? If this is what they are trying to convince people of, we are one step from North Korea, where they still insist that Kim Jong Un doesnt defecate because he is greater than normal humans and doesnt need to partake in anything vile like that.

RosieHeart, PamP, BlueBelle and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

If I'm not mistaken, Jeanne had some predictions a while back that made reference to phony images of Twitler being presented to the American people, propaganda-like, showing him as some infallible strongman, to hide his real-life physical and mental decline.

Marley, Lilinoe, CDeanne and 25 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

I remember those predictions as well.  It's not surprising. EVERYTHING that comes out of the WH at this point is a distraction. EVERY. THING.

TriciaCT, Lilinoe, CDeanne and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 PamP
(@pamp)
Famed Member Registered

@mas1581

Sometimes the JPost prints conspiracy theories, and this looks like one of them. The clue is their claim that only Muslim Brotherhood calls Ilhan "Sister Ilhan". Muslims call any member of their faith brother or sister, in the same way that many Christian sects call their members brother or sister. If they didn't know that basic fact, I'm extremely skeptical of the entire article.

lenor, TriciaCT, Lilinoe and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@polarberry.  Regarding the visions I had last year of Trump posting doctored youthful images of himself. Here: https://www.jeannemayell.com/18245-2/

"In the visions, I see plastic and fake images of him rather than Trump himself. The images he and his followers show are more youthful versions of him. ... Since writing this post, he appeared at one of his rallies and described himself as having looked when he was younger like Elvis Preseley.  So it’s ironic that I’d seen him during my meditation all sweaty with drool on his mouth, like the debauched Elvis in his last year of life." -- posted 12.29.18

KB, BlueBelle, lenor and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)

Over the last few weeks, I have been meditating daily to send light to the situation and the people in the US. I visualize all the people holding hands and streaming light to the country and the world and visualizing the scales falling off the eyes of those who don’t see what is currently happening and those people joining in the large light circle as they “wake up”.

While meditating and sending light to the US this morning, I had a vision of something finally coming to a breaking point during a congressional hearing/meeting on the 18th of December. (I have no idea if there is something planned for that day or if they are even in town.) In the vision, I saw several Republican Congressmen holding their faces in their hands and coming to the realization that this situation is untenable and that they have to stop it.

herondreams, Lilinoe, PenelopeFP and 37 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@Baba - Congress is supposed to adjourn for the year on Dec 13, BUT if there's a legislative emergency, adjournment can be delayed up until Christmas Eve. They can also be called back early if needed, by Pelosi or by McConnell.

I hope your vision comes true!!!

Jeanne Mayell, Lilinoe, PenelopeFP and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)

I just saw that Kamala Harris is withdrawing from the race: 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/sen-kamala-harris-drops-out-2020-presidential-race-n1094996

That is sad. I liked her. She was always one of the few people in hearings to ask good and probing questions instead of grandstanding. I hope her talents will be put to good use in the next administration. 

Lilinoe, PenelopeFP, seaturtle26 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@turtle26)
Noble Member Registered

I just noticed that Kamala Harris is dropping out of the race. The field of Democrats is dwindling, but it all feels fragmented right now without a strong front-runner. I know several folks on here have seen that Trump is gone sometime in early 2020, and will not be the nominee. Along those lines - this has me a bit concerned - I am ready for the dark energy to go away:

https://www.newsweek.com/nikki-haley-not-mike-pence-would-succeed-trump-says-democrat-1475198

lenor, BlueBelle, LalaBella and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

There was another situation where money was just released to Lebanon. It was on hold since September and no one knows why.

The Trump administration has quietly released more than $100 million in military assistance to Lebanon after months of unexplained delay that led some lawmakers to compare it to the aid for Ukraine at the center of the impeachment inquiry.

The $105 million in Foreign Military Financing funds for the Lebanese Armed Forces was released just before the Thanksgiving holiday and lawmakers were notified of the step on Monday, according to two congressional staffers and an administration official.

All three spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly to the matter.

The money had languished in limbo at the Office of Management and Budget since September although it had already won congressional approval and had overwhelming support from the Pentagon, State Department and National Security Council. The White House has yet to offer any explanation for the delay despite repeated queries from Congress.

Lawmakers such as Rep. Eliot Engel, the chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee and Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., had pressed the administration since October to either release the funds or explain why it was being withheld. The State Department had notified Congress on Sept. 5 that the money would be spent.

Earlier this month, the delay came up in impeachment testimony by David Hale, the No. 3 official in the State Department, according to the transcript of the closed-door hearing. Hale described growing consternation among diplomats about the delay.

Murphy described the Trump administration’s withholding of aid as "eerily similar" to the situation in Ukraine.

Is it another Ukraine or just the administration showing that they hold up money for other countries all the time?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1094416

Lilinoe, Unk p, Marley and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 101 / 166
Share: