Clear all

Romney against Trump. Who will win?

16 Posts
8 Users
70 Likes
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Trump has to be nervous about this big play against him that started with an op-Ed in the Washington post and is now viral.  

Trump is trying to equate him with Jeff Flake. But this is not Flake and Trump knows it.    Romney is a nationally popular republican who I don’t like but might be able to succeed in shaking Trump’s congressional loyalty and then go on to 2020.

Compared  to Trump,  Romney seems moderate, but he is not moderate.  He’s just not crazy and he reads.  If he succeeds in toppling Trump then it is trouble for dems because he might be able to restore faith in the GOP that Trump and GOP loyalty to Trump have broken. 

SDJ, Unk p, CDeanne and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cdeanne)
Noble Member Registered

Jeanne, I love your above remarks and agree wholeheartedly.  And I laughed out loud at, "He’s just not crazy and he reads."  The GOP criteria for being commendably presidential has been hilariously (and frighteningly) re-written!

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

I forget which TV comedy host said it, but what comes to mind is: "So now we all have to root for the guy that only wants to screw over 47% of us?!?!?"

CDeanne, SDJ, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pvcharlie)
Trusted Member Registered

I thought of that but I'm not too worried about that...At least not yet. I believe Trump will overcome Romney and here's why.

He already beat a big bunch of "Mitts" during the primary. He did it by crudely insulting his opponents and he behaved the much same way the Republican electorate feels. He doesn't try to hide his racism and hate, nor does he concern himself with petty things like facts or knowledge. He is the living embodiment of the base. And if that doesn't work, I'm sure he could always get Putin to dig dirt up on him, which we'll know if Mitt suddenly starts praising him. Although Trump hasn't done everything he promised Putin, I'm sure Trump's still his favorite asset, who I believe he'd still protect as Trump has paid off for him in other ways.

Also, while Trump's popularity is abysmal among Dems and Indys, his popularity among the Republican base is at a staggering 89%, according to a recent Gallup. Much can happen between now and then but just think of all the things that already have and they still love the guy. Even with a recession I have to wonder if they'd abandon him because just look at what he did to the farmers and they'd still do anything for the guy.

The final big advantage for I call for Trump is that he's the Fox News/Rush Limbaugh/Ann Coulter candidate. His values, the way he behaves and everything about Donald Trump is the living embodiment of today's RW media. I also believe they love having the kind of influence they have over the POTUS, which they know they wouldn't have with Romney.

Another one is the fact that some states, such as SC, are already talking about forgoing their primary to give Trump an instant win by default. If enough states do this, it will prevent anyone from even attempting to primary him.

There are even more reasons than I care to write at this time but I don't see Trump falling to Romney. However, I do see the concern because I thought about it myself.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Durwood, thank you for your intelligent post. It makes sense and fits my last meditation on Trump -- that he makes it through to November 2020, although a blue wave in both houses of Congress would stop him from a second term even if he were to get reelected. 

I couldn't click "like" but appreciate your thoughts.

I would not be surprised if Putin has something on many who have considered breaking with Trump and then pulled back from doing so. I've never tried to read why Flake withdrew his criticism even after he was planning to retire. Or why so many others are afraid to speak up against him, or to band together against him other than that they like the conservative goodie bag he showers upon them. But Putin could also be a reason. 

ReplyQuote
(@natalie)
Noble Member Registered

My father told me on Thanksgiving that no one could beat Trump on the democratic side, and he's saying this without liking the man. Craig Hamilton Parker claims Trump will win a second term and that the economy will go from strength to strength in years ahead. I know that his economic prediction will turnout wrong but what if Trump does win a second term? Jeanne at one point I remember you saw Trump going silent in 2018 and that didn't happen. I am seriously concerned that he can win again, and it terrifies me. I spend too much time with right wingers not to feel psychically drained on a regular basis, I don't want to live in a world run by them. I hope Elizabeth Warren can win, I've never been a fan of Beto (even before the Young Turks turned on him), his personality is weak, he doesn't have the stomach for a fight - look at what he's saying now. I have no time or patience for weaklings, we need a fighter, a real progressive firebrand, not some mealy mouthed third way candidate (that person would never win). This is a war and it's time we realized it and stop bringing knives to gun fights. (I of course don't mean an actual physical war, or endorse violence - its metaphor). I am so sorry if anything I wrote above is offensive - I am just exhausted with playing nice and seeing what is going on. Is there some chance Trump can win reelection? And what kind of country will we be living in if he does? (In meditation however I see a dark haired man - he doesn't appear as president but more as a military dictator - I hope to god I'm wrong).

mariad and mariad reacted
ReplyQuote
(@natalie)
Noble Member Registered

And no Romney can't beat Trump. The base voted for Trump because of what he is, not in spite of it - they like the cruelty - it appeals greatly to them. I know I've been around enough of these people.

BlueBelle and BlueBelle reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

I don't hang my hopes or my fears on whether or not Trump continues.  He's an accelerator of the dark, as Elizabeth Warren put it last night on Rachel Maddow.  So he is expediting the worst of the GOP and he is also expediting their demise and his own. When enough people have truly had enough and are ready for change, then we will begin to see a shift in aggregate, a critical mass effect.  

In the meantime, it helps a lot to hang out only with people of your own vibration and stay away from lower vibe people. Join positive movements of light workers and you will find yourself rising with them.  You will feel yourself part of the light even before it is visible to the mainstream population. 

I got a vision years ago of where we are headed and I saw and I believe strongly that in the 2020's the darkest forces we live with today are going down the drain and coming up are light forces.

Later after I posted this vision, people showed me that the astrology, ancient prophecies, even market cycles and many other developing factors support this vision. 

My original timeline showed we hit the darkest time in 2019 and/or 2020 and then we start coming back up.  We reach a new stronger more positive period in 2028.  If my timeline is correct then people can be part of the upward energy that has already started.

Energy flows at the scale of world cultures is not black or white, but filled with many colors.  So far, I have not seen a democratic president for 2021. But timelines change, so perhaps it will happen that soon. 

I can only pass along the visions and try to interpret them but  I can't know for sure what it all means.  Yes, it's possible Trump continues but I also felt a blue wave in Congress in 2020 so he'd be in trouble if that happens.   And if that does happen, I can't wait to see him face those kinds of odds. 

BlueBelle, mariad, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Since  you are nervous about the presidential predictions of Craig Hamilton Parker, remember that he predicted Jeb Bush would win in 2016, not Donald Trump.

After Trump won the nomination, he changed it to Trump then claimed that he had thought it was Trump he was really seeing when he said it was Jeb Bush.   

He leans hard right and that's what you will get from him. 

He also predicted that Boris Johnson would take over after the Brexit vote, which did not happen. And that a hard Brexit would be great for the UK. 

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

This was my most recent meditation on Trump.  Up for interpretation is the vision in November 2020 of a lion resting.  

I also don’t know why I did not see anything of him for several months leading up to the 2020 election. Perhaps there will be more clarity on January 17 at Read the Future night. 

https://www.jeannemayell.com/18245-2/

ReplyQuote
(@natalie)
Noble Member Registered

Thank you Jeanne. I am sorry if I offended you. I brought up CHP as an example of a right wing psychic (even though he never claims to be right wing), there are of course many others. It's causing me serious worry about perspective and right and wrong. We are so divided into left and right that I think we sometimes forget to take a step back and examine what our actual values are. I instinctively care about others, animals, children the earth. My husband is the same, tearing up when he sees people suffering on the tv, its what drew me to him, his extreme compassion. Those values which I've had my whole life led me to choose to vote for people who I felt represented that best and it led me left as a result. What right leaning people think I am not sure, but I suspect they are less concerned about others and more about themselves and their tribe. I know I need to spend less time around certain people, family obligations make it tricky at times though. Romney I think is a slick actor, who will sing whatever tune works to get him ahead. 

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

In Dec 2017 I wrote a summery of predictions that are worth reading for where they hit the mark and where they missed.  We had meditated as a group on the Winter Solstice and I summarized our predictions, giving a lot of weight to what I was seeing.  

I've had many visions and some are much more powerful to me than others. I have never had strong visions about Trump's tenure. Only that he goes silent at some point. I realize I need to focus more on clarifying what visions I have the most faith in.

I remain positive about the future, but spirit showed me early on that 2019 and 2020 are when we hit bottom and begin the long climb upwards to a new paradigm.  

Many years ago I saw a 1000 foot cliff we'd need to scale to a new plateau where a more evolved life awaited us.  Our job as light workers is to scale that cliff with more evolved outlook.   Then turn around and help others get there too.

Perhaps the fear we feel about how it's going now is where we need to gain strength and see light so we can evolve.  

LalaBella, Baba, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)
Illustrious Member Registered

Trump is a one term president, if he lasts as long as a term. I don't know who will beat him, but I feel it will be a democrat. I also feel that the more progressive period that Jeanne sees coming to pass on or about 2028 will start earlier. I actually think it's already started. I think Jeanne and others on this site have referred to it as seeds being planted. I've felt these things since soon after Trump was elected and I feel them more strongly now.

Romney is nothing more than a more polite version of Trump. He is so convinced of his own rightness and goodness that he doesn't strive to be either. That is a very dangerous quality in a person. He also is so convinced of is own superiority that he feels entitled to change positions without the need to explain. He was a vulture capitalist, whose company (Bain) bought other companies, loaded them with debt, profited from the loans and then left the companies to die and workers to lose their jobs. He started with money lent to him from his father, and has never really had to sweat out a paycheck or known what it's like to go without. He was for self-deportation during the 2012 election (code for making the lives of undocumented immigrants so miserable that they'll leave on their now).

Other than selling out the US to the Russians (which is a big things of course) Trump is doing what any other Republican would do -- ignoring climate change, diminishing women, appointing extremists to the judiciary, giving massive tax breaks to the wealthy. Trump is just way more uncouth than other republicans would be, but at heart they are all alike. This will be their downfall. They've been doing the same thing since Reagan and even before, and while they've managed to fool the public for decades, their show is coming to an end. In the meantime, we do have to endure it, but we're closer to its end than its beginning.  As awful as things appear, I feel optimistic that it will end.

BlueBelle, Unk p, mariad and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

Thank you so much for this valuable take on Romney. You have added so much to our discussions here and we're all the better and wiser for your speaking up, sharing your intuitions and raising awareness on so many levels.

Your warriorship for those without voices has been a true gift during these challenging times. Bless you for all that you do for others.

BlueBelle, mariad, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Lynn You captured the man perfectly, Bain and all. His company Bain became a model  for the cruelest and darkest business practices in this country, tearing apart companies like locusts and leaving behind jobless employees who had helped to build those companies. 

It’s ironic that when Romney was Massachusetts governor where he was pressured by a left leaning populace to pass affordable health care, his  republican administration started the public healthcare system that became Obamacare.

Obamacare is the  right wing alternative to national health insurance.  

Now the GOP has demonized a system that was a Republican solution to affordable health care. What people really need is what most of our allies have provided for decades—national health insuranceor free health care for all.  Now the GOP wants to take away their own paltry alternative —Obamacare leaving thousands to just die. 

But make no mistake about Romney. He’s a snake who is clueless and uncaring about the lives of people making less than $1 million a year yet he thinks he’s the nice guy with heart.  

Looks like his attack will not topple Trump but I feel there are Republicans out there who agree with Romney’s op-ed and this plants seeds of rebellion. 

To be distinguished from the seeds of light that are growing daily in our collective.  :-) 

BlueBelle, Unk p, mariad and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

Lynn, I agree with your whole post in reference to Trump. Within days of the election, I had a dream where I was shown the White House crumbling like a child's building block house being knocked over. I was clearly told that Hilary was the President, telling me that the election results were suspect. 

I've never believed that Trump would finish this term, tho, I thought he'd be gone by now. I told my son within a year, tho it turned out that an in depth investigation into his actions was begun within the first six months.  I don't think he'll be out next month, as I think they'll want to make sure they have an airtight case against him (and others) legally before proceeding with charges or impeachment.  However I could see him being out before we ring in a new year. 

For those who are feeling smothered or buried by all that is transpiring, try changing your perspective. You were not buried alive, but planted. Seeds are planted, and they stay in the ground, getting soaked by the rains until they germinate. Then they grow and bloom!

BlueBelle, Unk p, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: